Please view my photos primarily in medium size since that is what my sharpening has been targeted at. Other sizes will look too soft or too sharp.
My believes are based on my agnostic misanthropic views.
I was brought up i South America.
My first 15 years were spent in São Paulo, Brazil; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Caracas, Venezuela. Venezuela has always been my favorite country, nature and weather wise. Here we made a long, wild and daring trip by canoe in the Amazon river.
These were the years that formed my great love for flora and fauna.
I've also lived part time in Fort Myers and Sanibel Island, Florida for about 7 years.
In 1983 we moved back to Stockholm, Sweden and I've lived here, unwillingly, ever since.
I've been working for Greenpeace since 2006.
I also work with predator conservation in Sweden, mainly wolves.
I'm looking for an opportunity to move to warmer climates again, but it has to be in the wildlife conservation sector or the environmental sector and the job opportunities in these areas are not easy to come by.
My passion for Flora & Fauna is probably deeply rooted in my genes :) but my mother brought them to surface and nurtured it early on.
I bought my first SLR camera at age 11, in Florida and have been at it since then with the exception of mid 90's to 2006 when I could not afford it, having very low income.
I did some darkroom work with my photography in the 80's and I was a High School Yearbook photographer.
Find me here:
Spoken Languages (fluent):
Svenska, Español, English.
I'm an IT technician in charge of the IT environment at Greenpeace Nordic.
Why not watch this interesting non-Greenpeace video?
You want to support Greenpeace?
Threatened Species (Wild & Red listed)
Wildlife Contest Gold
Wildlife Contest Excellence
Kenya Safari Trip
Countries I've visited:
Visitors to my photos:
E Q U I P M E N T
Nikon D800E + MB-D12 battery grip
Nikon FE2 + MD12 motor
Canon Powershot S5
5. Minolta Dimage Xi
AF-S NIKKOR 500mm f4G ED VR
In it's Trunk Case
Sigma 70mm f2.8 EX DG Macro
Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG OS HSM APO Macro
Tokina 50-250mm f4-5.6 AT-X
Nikkor 50mm f1.8
Nikkor AF 28-70mm f3.5-4.5 D
Nikkor Zoom AF-S DX VR 18-200 f3.5-5.6G IF-ED
Nikon TC-20E III
Sigma 1.4x EX DG APO Tele-Converter
Kenko DG Teleplus Extension Tube Set
Nikon Close-up Speedlight Commander Kit R1C1
Nikon Speedlight SB-600
Nikon SB-400 Speedlight flash
Nikon SB-15 Speedlight flash
Nikon SB-25 Speedlight flash
Rogue FlashBender Large
LumiQuest ProMax System (Softbox/Bouncer)
The Flash X-Tender (Better Beamer) FX-4
Think Tank Airport Addicted BackPack v2.0
F-stop Satori EXP
Lowepro Flipside 400W
Tripods, Balheads, and Gimbals
Benro A-298 n6 tripod
Induro AM25 Alloy 8M
Jobu Black Widow
Cullmann Magnesit 35Nm
Velbon Super Mag Slider Macro Rail - Magnesium
Phottix Cleon wireless
Qstarz BT-Q1000Platinum TravelRecorder
Kinesis Beanbag/Sandbag/Waterbag "wonderful"
Jobu Surefoot NX-4
2x teleconverter (mechanical)
2x Contax teleconverter (mechanical)
A bunch of color filters (Ambico) and a polarizer for old system, 52mm
Close-up filters (+1, +2, +3) (Aroma)
Skylight 1A (55mm)
A bunch of crappy tripods
29. SanDisk Extreme III 2GB + 4GB
30. SanDisk Extreme IV 8GB
31. HyperDrive Space
Visitors to my photos
- Simply Flowers (Next CONTEST starts tomorrow) 72,538 photos, 3,725 members
- *Animal Photography CONTEST Group* (NO CAGES/ENCLOSURES) 189,140 photos, 14,047 members
- NIKON D800E Group 49,335 photos, 1,706 members
- Nikon D800/D800E/D810 Users Group 567,417 photos, 15,855 members
- World Nature and Wildlife Group P1/C3 30,238 photos, 1,500 members
- "Winged Wonders"-- Birds Only-- Invite Only (Post 1, Award 2) 40,573 photos, 5,050 members
- Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM 151,355 photos, 3,840 members
- ♥ Flowers or Insects - MACROS ONLY - P1*/A3***- sweeper on! 64,211 photos, 3,520 members
- Wildlife Contest Excellence 2 photos, 5 members
- Nature's Pot-of-Gold: Level 2 (p1/a3) 34,705 photos, 3,931 members
- NATURE'S PRIME ~ Hall-of-Fame 9,989 photos, 1,543 members
- Spectacular Insects 104,095 photos, 7,549 members
- * THE NATURES~~GREEN PEACE~~ 100%Nature~NO People/NO Buildings 79,923 photos, 3,712 members
- Greatest Wildlife Photography 0 photos, 1 member
- "BEST OF" Post only with 5 Wildlife Awards !!! 1,966 photos, 938 members
- NATURE'S PRIME (P1/A4) 460,027 photos, 20,563 members
- Wildlife Award - Post 1, Award 2 104,115 photos, 5,649 members
- "Flickr's Awesome Blossoms" P1/A3 Sweeper Active 305,801 photos, 14,156 members
- Nature's Pot-of-Gold: Level 1 (p1/a3) 381,805 photos, 20,192 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,481 members
- Mama's Bloomers ~ (P1- C2) 35,914 photos, 3,129 members
- Wildlife Contest Gold (Nov-Jan winner announced) 107 photos, 42 members
- Lincoln - Buenos Aires 1 photo, 1 member
- Hyenas 1,464 photos, 280 members
- Sweden before 1950 7,949 photos, 582 members
- All Animals (Next CONTEST starts tomorrow) 55,332 photos, 2,801 members
- #4 PLATINUM WILDLIFE/ Post 1 - Award 1 (P2-A2) with CODE 26,871 photos, 2,481 members
- Historical places 213,612 photos, 6,369 members
- Historical and architectural gems 235,421 photos, 4,986 members
- Getty Images on Flickr 0 photos, 16,941 members
- AFOTO. Asociación Fotográfica Orihuela - Vega Baja. 25,869 photos, 577 members
- Excellence In Avian Photography (EIAP) -- INVITED IMAGES ONLY !! 88,270 photos, 9,100 members
- Geolocated Wildlife 344 photos, 59 members
- Wildlife Contest: - UP & RUNNING again - Voting in Water, Insect 64,162 photos, 3,157 members
- Tallships 43,539 photos, 10,251 members
- Photography Tutorials and Helpful Links 1,581 photos, 1,486 members
- Photography Critique - Discussion 0 photos, 538 members
- Nikon Digital Learning Center 1,956,519 photos, 86,707 members
- Nature & Wildlife Photo Critique 342 photos, 10 members
- Photography Critique - Invite 128 photos, 84 members
- Unusual species 2,051 photos, 488 members
- Super Macro's! Comment on as many as you like ! 34,277 photos, 3,056 members
- The Unforgettable Pictures ~ Post 1, Comment 3 ~ NEW RULES!! 350,238 photos, 31,378 members
- Birds Photos 2,483,391 photos, 79,565 members
- Mendoza - Argentina 6,898 photos, 1,017 members
- Critique Portfolio Pro - Photo Critiques and Discussions 3,372 photos, 1,696 members
- LIVE Photo Critique 0 photos, 42 members
- Threatened Species (Wild & Red listed) 5,096 photos, 545 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 91,938 photos, 9,853 members
- The Nature Conservancy 1,109,663 photos, 41,852 members
"Of all my contacts on flickr, I think Mats is the best nature photographer of them all. I've told Mats several times, and I will repeat it here. Mat's images belong in National Geographic. If you do not believe me, take a look at his stream. Its very easy for one to get half decent shots in a zoo. But, Mats images are all taken in the wild. He portrays the animals in their true habitat. In addition he really pays attention to technical details. His images are all technically superb. So, when that day comes Mats, please let me know. I want a copy of that magazine with a signed autograph. And, perhaps..one day..I will join you on one of your trips. Keep up the great work.
June 13th, 2009
"Love to read your story and love to see part of your life in Photo's.
Wonderful !! all of them."
June 17th, 2009
- July 2007
- Garsås, Dalarna
- I am:
- Male and Open
- Computer Tech - Greenpeace Nordic
- Jarfr (1x)