The Wayne National Forest is located in the hills of south-eastern Ohio. In the heart of the heavily populated Midwest, this small national forest covers almost a quarter million acres of Appalachian foothills.
The Wayne is divided into three blocks administered by two Ranger Districts at Athens and Ironton. A field office is also located east of Marietta, Ohio.
Visitors to national forest lands are welcome to camp, hike, hunt and fish. The Forest boundaries surround a checkerboard pattern of ownership, with public and private ownership interspersed.
There are over 300 miles of trails on the Forest for hiking, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riding, mountain biking, or horseback riding.
All images in the Wayne National Forest photostream are in the Public Domain. We ask that you attribute the Forest for any images you use for non-commercial purposes.
Wayne National Forest's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
- National Wildlife Federation's TREES FOR WILDLIFE 797 photos, 59 members
- Ohio History Connection Group 3,965 photos, 256 members
- www.Recovery.gov 421 photos, 131 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 954 photos, 284 members
- ATV's - Four Wheeling 3,728 photos, 682 members
- Ohio 88,205 photos, 2,353 members
- Appalachian Counties in Ohio 7,414 photos, 136 members
- North Country Trail (NCT) 478 photos, 46 members
- Soul of Athens (Ohio) 486 photos, 135 members
- U.S. National Forests 27,728 photos, 1,508 members
- Smokey Bear's Flickr Group 129 photos, 142 members
Wayne National Forest doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2009