The Wayne National Forest is located in the hills of south-eastern Ohio. In the heart of the heavily populated Midwest, this small national forest covers almost a quarter million acres of Appalachian foothills.
The Wayne is divided into three blocks administered by two Ranger Districts at Athens and Ironton. A field office is also located east of Marietta, Ohio.
Visitors to national forest lands are welcome to camp, hike, hunt and fish. The Forest boundaries surround a checkerboard pattern of ownership, with public and private ownership interspersed.
There are over 300 miles of trails on the Forest for hiking, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riding, mountain biking, or horseback riding.
All images in the Wayne National Forest photostream are in the Public Domain. We ask that you attribute the Forest for any images you use for non-commercial purposes.
Wayne National Forest's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
- National Wildlife Federation's TREES FOR WILDLIFE 630 photos, 49 members
- Ohio History Connection Group 3,750 photos, 242 members
- www.Recovery.gov 423 photos, 131 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 608 photos, 249 members
- ATV's - Four Wheeling 3,706 photos, 679 members
- Ohio 84,525 photos, 2,309 members
- Appalachian Counties in Ohio 6,844 photos, 134 members
- North Country Trail (NCT) 400 photos, 40 members
- Soul of Athens (Ohio) 592 photos, 136 members
- U.S. National Forests 24,043 photos, 1,413 members
- Smokey Bear's Flickr Group 137 photos, 144 members
Wayne National Forest doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2009