The Wayne National Forest is located in the hills of south-eastern Ohio. In the heart of the heavily populated Midwest, this small national forest covers almost a quarter million acres of Appalachian foothills.
The Wayne is divided into three blocks administered by two Ranger Districts at Athens and Ironton. A field office is also located east of Marietta, Ohio.
Visitors to national forest lands are welcome to camp, hike, hunt and fish. The Forest boundaries surround a checkerboard pattern of ownership, with public and private ownership interspersed.
There are over 300 miles of trails on the Forest for hiking, all-terrain vehicle (ATV) riding, mountain biking, or horseback riding.
All images in the Wayne National Forest photostream are in the Public Domain. We ask that you attribute the Forest for any images you use for non-commercial purposes.
Wayne National Forest's favorite photos from other Flickr members (3)
- National Wildlife Federation's TREES FOR WILDLIFE 488 photos, 37 members
- Ohio History Connection Group 3,231 photos, 230 members
- www.Recovery.gov 425 photos, 130 members
- Solar Energy | Solar Power | Renewable Energy 501 photos, 202 members
- ATV's - Four Wheeling 3,579 photos, 656 members
- Ohio 73,140 photos, 2,146 members
- Appalachian Counties in Ohio 5,689 photos, 122 members
- North Country Trail (NCT) 250 photos, 30 members
- Soul of Athens (Ohio) 610 photos, 134 members
- U.S. National Forests 18,806 photos, 1,184 members
- Smokey Bear's Flickr Group 137 photos, 138 members
Wayne National Forest doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- June 2009