Photography is about the moment – a single moment captured and taken out of time. A photograph gives a person the chance to examine that moment as though it never ended – to look at details missed and to perhaps look at the subject in a different way. As a photographer, I always feel I have succeeded in my art when I hear a comment such as, “I’ve seen that place or thing a thousand times, but I’ve never looked at it quite like that before.”
I am a native of the Puget Sound area and, other than a brief time in Montana; I have lived here all my life. I grew up in the Kent area and now I now reside in Seattle. I first became interested in photography in high school. My love of the still image grew into a love with the moving image and I soon found myself at Montana State University studying motion picture production. After college I pursued film and video production, but at the same time I found my thoughts wandering back towards the still image. While I still enjoy the moving image, I have been focusing primarily on photography for the past several years.
I have a great love for nature and all that stuff that is beyond your front door. I am a hiker, backpacker, traveler and sailor. It is very important to me for those loves to show through in my photography. As an artist, I feel that a connection must be made with the subject matter. That is often what makes the difference between a good image and a great image. If there isn’t a little bit of who I am in there, then the image is missing a critical element.
I thank you for taking the time to appreciate my art and all the moments I have managed to capture and save for you to enjoy. I hope that perhaps you’ve been to some of these places or seen some of these things and that perhaps you are seeing them differently through my images.
So, you're probably asking about this other branch of my work (the images with the faceless spandex-clad fellow) that you're going to start seeing more of around here...
My biggest inspiration for these images is the work of Edward Weston - particularly his series of nudes and peppers. I've always loved how the two series blend together at times in a pure artistic exploration of form.
This work is my take on that exploration of human form with the added element of the anonymity that spandex and zentai creates. There is, of course, a certain sensual and even sexual aspect of the work, but truly my main focus is the exploration of the human form.
Now then, I feel that I should put a couple of things on the table -
First, for those that have wondered, I am straight. I do, however have a rather open mind and, I must admit, I do find some of the comments that have been left quite flattering. I'm certainly not above that.
And second, I'm always interested in discussion of my art, technique, where I got the suits and nearly anything else, but please don't ask me for my contact information and name in the hopes of hooking up in some fashion. Again, I certainly am flattered, but this whole thing is more about artistic expression and exploration than anything else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to more of your comments and I can't wait to share more of these ideas that are rolling around in my head with you!
- The Santa Hat Project 73 photos, 43 members
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT 4,643 photos, 418 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 140,578 photos, 11,800 members
- Experimental Dream 239,358 photos, 9,615 members
- Masks Masks Masks 6,190 photos, 473 members
- surreal photography 118 photos, 564 members
- Surreal Shots 75,309 photos, 4,350 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 271,366 photos, 14,791 members
- Abstract Black and White 16,708 photos, 2,069 members
- Seattle Parks 1,764 photos, 151 members
- Imagination 498,318 photos, 15,378 members
- Whales 11,469 photos, 2,543 members
- Orca Lovers 338 photos, 68 members
- Orca - Killer Whale 1,034 photos, 302 members
- B&W 5,065,463 photos, 223,477 members
- STRANGE !! 4,208 photos, 545 members
- Something Special... 3,069 photos, 656 members
- masked! 4,865 photos, 303 members
- masked and anonymous 2,593 photos, 188 members
- Mask Portraits and Self-Portraits 1,308 photos, 1,159 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 7,781 photos, 1,287 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 10,185 photos, 479 members
- cosplay and zentai 2,236 photos, 192 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 923 photos, 68 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,044 photos, 408 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 2,281 photos, 424 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 108,394 photos, 2,117 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 9,551 photos, 512 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 7,346 photos, 968 members
- A Touch of Darkness ☠ 4,079 photos, 122 members
- West Seattle 2,593 photos, 225 members
- photographe paradis 247 photos, 72 members
- The Moon [*current* photos only] 37,486 photos, 9,610 members
- MOON Shots 129,900 photos, 25,946 members
- Moon/Luna 62,880 photos, 16,333 members
- West Seattle Blog 5,612 photos, 291 members
- EVERYDAY is Halloween 8,550 photos, 658 members
- Superheroes and Villains 10,513 photos, 534 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,064 photos, 21,909 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 18,473 photos, 1,166 members
- Clones 17,359 photos, 5,492 members
- Dystopic Portraiture! 2,186 photos, 131 members
- Galerie Omega ~ by Admin Invitation only ~ Post 1 - Award 2 39,448 photos, 1,683 members
- Share your work! 572 photos, 27 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 73,374 photos, 8,400 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 12,458 photos, 298 members
- Photography-24/7 449 photos, 33 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 83,163 photos, 1,083 members
- Classic Aircraft 30,960 photos, 411 members
- Warbirds 121,609 photos, 3,371 members
"Walk about wolfs photography amazed and inspired me from the get go.
He can take the simplest things and breathe a fresh new life into them!
Walk about wolf is a talented, wonderful photographer!"
April 4th, 2008
- Rob A. Johnston
- April 2005
- Kent, WA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / AV Tech
- Walkabout Wolf Photography