Photography is about the moment – a single moment captured and taken out of time. A photograph gives a person the chance to examine that moment as though it never ended – to look at details missed and to perhaps look at the subject in a different way. As a photographer, I always feel I have succeeded in my art when I hear a comment such as, “I’ve seen that place or thing a thousand times, but I’ve never looked at it quite like that before.”
I am a native of the Puget Sound area and, other than a brief time in Montana; I have lived here all my life. I grew up in the Kent area and now I now reside in Seattle. I first became interested in photography in high school. My love of the still image grew into a love with the moving image and I soon found myself at Montana State University studying motion picture production. After college I pursued film and video production, but at the same time I found my thoughts wandering back towards the still image. While I still enjoy the moving image, I have been focusing primarily on photography for the past several years.
I have a great love for nature and all that stuff that is beyond your front door. I am a hiker, backpacker, traveler and sailor. It is very important to me for those loves to show through in my photography. As an artist, I feel that a connection must be made with the subject matter. That is often what makes the difference between a good image and a great image. If there isn’t a little bit of who I am in there, then the image is missing a critical element.
I thank you for taking the time to appreciate my art and all the moments I have managed to capture and save for you to enjoy. I hope that perhaps you’ve been to some of these places or seen some of these things and that perhaps you are seeing them differently through my images.
So, you're probably asking about this other branch of my work (the images with the faceless spandex-clad fellow) that you're going to start seeing more of around here...
My biggest inspiration for these images is the work of Edward Weston - particularly his series of nudes and peppers. I've always loved how the two series blend together at times in a pure artistic exploration of form.
This work is my take on that exploration of human form with the added element of the anonymity that spandex and zentai creates. There is, of course, a certain sensual and even sexual aspect of the work, but truly my main focus is the exploration of the human form.
Now then, I feel that I should put a couple of things on the table -
First, for those that have wondered, I am straight. I do, however have a rather open mind and, I must admit, I do find some of the comments that have been left quite flattering. I'm certainly not above that.
And second, I'm always interested in discussion of my art, technique, where I got the suits and nearly anything else, but please don't ask me for my contact information and name in the hopes of hooking up in some fashion. Again, I certainly am flattered, but this whole thing is more about artistic expression and exploration than anything else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to more of your comments and I can't wait to share more of these ideas that are rolling around in my head with you!
- The Santa Hat Project 72 photos, 42 members
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT 4,724 photos, 423 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 146,397 photos, 11,827 members
- Experimental Dream 260,071 photos, 9,897 members
- Masks Masks Masks 7,077 photos, 503 members
- surreal photography 115 photos, 560 members
- Surreal Shots 90,368 photos, 4,728 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 304,287 photos, 15,373 members
- Abstract Black and White 24,786 photos, 2,619 members
- Seattle Parks 1,959 photos, 170 members
- Imagination 523,828 photos, 15,681 members
- Whales 12,554 photos, 2,671 members
- Orca Lovers 391 photos, 83 members
- Orca - Killer Whale 1,556 photos, 340 members
- B&W 5,385,494 photos, 230,857 members
- STRANGE !! 4,877 photos, 568 members
- Something Special... 2,970 photos, 645 members
- masked! 5,826 photos, 312 members
- masked and anonymous 2,628 photos, 206 members
- Mask Portraits and Self-Portraits 1,295 photos, 1,139 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 8,896 photos, 1,326 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 10,425 photos, 472 members
- cosplay and zentai 2,476 photos, 217 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 1,659 photos, 66 members
- Fremont, Seattle 3,514 photos, 414 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 3,064 photos, 416 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 149,029 photos, 2,355 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 10,025 photos, 498 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 7,737 photos, 955 members
- A Touch of Darkness ☠ 3,611 photos, 127 members
- West Seattle 2,576 photos, 227 members
- photographe paradis 252 photos, 69 members
- The Moon [*current* photos only] 40,306 photos, 9,584 members
- MOON Shots 141,815 photos, 26,743 members
- Moon/Luna 67,955 photos, 16,610 members
- West Seattle Blog 5,964 photos, 308 members
- EVERYDAY is Halloween 9,195 photos, 691 members
- Superheroes and Villains 12,341 photos, 573 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,728 photos, 21,430 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 19,528 photos, 1,154 members
- Clones 19,030 photos, 5,382 members
- Dystopic Portraiture! 3,021 photos, 133 members
- Galerie Omega ~ by Admin Invitation only ~ Post 1 - Award 2 42,634 photos, 1,742 members
- Share your work! 846 photos, 39 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 72,427 photos, 8,244 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 14,220 photos, 338 members
- Photography-24/7 449 photos, 33 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 94,700 photos, 1,088 members
- Classic Aircraft 42,964 photos, 467 members
- Warbirds 148,435 photos, 3,640 members
"Walk about wolfs photography amazed and inspired me from the get go.
He can take the simplest things and breathe a fresh new life into them!
Walk about wolf is a talented, wonderful photographer!"
April 4th, 2008
- Rob A. Johnston
- April 2005
- Kent, WA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / AV Tech