Photography is about the moment – a single moment captured and taken out of time. A photograph gives a person the chance to examine that moment as though it never ended – to look at details missed and to perhaps look at the subject in a different way. As a photographer, I always feel I have succeeded in my art when I hear a comment such as, “I’ve seen that place or thing a thousand times, but I’ve never looked at it quite like that before.”
I am a native of the Puget Sound area and, other than a brief time in Montana; I have lived here all my life. I grew up in the Kent area and now I now reside in Seattle. I first became interested in photography in high school. My love of the still image grew into a love with the moving image and I soon found myself at Montana State University studying motion picture production. After college I pursued film and video production, but at the same time I found my thoughts wandering back towards the still image. While I still enjoy the moving image, I have been focusing primarily on photography for the past several years.
I have a great love for nature and all that stuff that is beyond your front door. I am a hiker, backpacker, traveler and sailor. It is very important to me for those loves to show through in my photography. As an artist, I feel that a connection must be made with the subject matter. That is often what makes the difference between a good image and a great image. If there isn’t a little bit of who I am in there, then the image is missing a critical element.
I thank you for taking the time to appreciate my art and all the moments I have managed to capture and save for you to enjoy. I hope that perhaps you’ve been to some of these places or seen some of these things and that perhaps you are seeing them differently through my images.
So, you're probably asking about this other branch of my work (the images with the faceless spandex-clad fellow) that you're going to start seeing more of around here...
My biggest inspiration for these images is the work of Edward Weston - particularly his series of nudes and peppers. I've always loved how the two series blend together at times in a pure artistic exploration of form.
This work is my take on that exploration of human form with the added element of the anonymity that spandex and zentai creates. There is, of course, a certain sensual and even sexual aspect of the work, but truly my main focus is the exploration of the human form.
Now then, I feel that I should put a couple of things on the table -
First, for those that have wondered, I am straight. I do, however have a rather open mind and, I must admit, I do find some of the comments that have been left quite flattering. I'm certainly not above that.
And second, I'm always interested in discussion of my art, technique, where I got the suits and nearly anything else, but please don't ask me for my contact information and name in the hopes of hooking up in some fashion. Again, I certainly am flattered, but this whole thing is more about artistic expression and exploration than anything else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to more of your comments and I can't wait to share more of these ideas that are rolling around in my head with you!
- The Santa Hat Project 73 photos, 43 members
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT 4,280 photos, 406 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 137,778 photos, 11,772 members
- Experimental Dream 225,213 photos, 9,354 members
- Masks Masks Masks 5,383 photos, 465 members
- surreal photography 123 photos, 562 members
- Surreal Shots 67,481 photos, 4,062 members
- Abstract_ photo (post 1 / com 2) 51,757 photos, 2,486 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 258,263 photos, 14,470 members
- Abstract Black and White 13,566 photos, 1,820 members
- Seattle Parks 1,647 photos, 145 members
- Imagination 467,658 photos, 15,028 members
- Whales 11,081 photos, 2,488 members
- Orca Lovers 322 photos, 62 members
- Orca - Killer Whale 1,040 photos, 301 members
- B&W 4,813,598 photos, 217,917 members
- STRANGE !! 3,902 photos, 537 members
- Something Special... 3,101 photos, 661 members
- masked! 4,189 photos, 282 members
- masked and anonymous 2,489 photos, 176 members
- Mask Portraits and Self-Portraits 1,314 photos, 1,167 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 7,171 photos, 1,266 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 9,958 photos, 483 members
- cosplay and zentai 1,971 photos, 177 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 343 photos, 69 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,111 photos, 399 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 1,605 photos, 424 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 92,097 photos, 1,957 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 8,963 photos, 516 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 7,161 photos, 964 members
- A Touch of Darkness ☠ 3,982 photos, 125 members
- West Seattle 2,530 photos, 219 members
- photographe paradis 243 photos, 72 members
- The Moon [*current* photos only] 36,169 photos, 9,578 members
- MOON Shots 123,509 photos, 25,334 members
- Moon/Luna 60,554 photos, 16,136 members
- West Seattle Blog 5,499 photos, 290 members
- EVERYDAY is Halloween 8,156 photos, 642 members
- Superheroes and Villains 7,659 photos, 527 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,162 photos, 22,076 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 17,960 photos, 1,162 members
- Clones 17,471 photos, 5,505 members
- Dystopic Portraiture! 2,271 photos, 132 members
- Galerie Omega ~ by Admin Invitation only ~ Post 1 - Award 2 36,682 photos, 1,622 members
- Share your work! 477 photos, 25 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 73,698 photos, 8,438 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 11,376 photos, 289 members
- Photography-24/7 450 photos, 33 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 75,285 photos, 1,046 members
- Classic Aircraft 26,777 photos, 391 members
"Walk about wolfs photography amazed and inspired me from the get go.
He can take the simplest things and breathe a fresh new life into them!
Walk about wolf is a talented, wonderful photographer!"
April 4th, 2008
- Rob A. Johnston
- April 2005
- Kent, WA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / AV Tech
- Walkabout Wolf Photography