Photography is about the moment – a single moment captured and taken out of time. A photograph gives a person the chance to examine that moment as though it never ended – to look at details missed and to perhaps look at the subject in a different way. As a photographer, I always feel I have succeeded in my art when I hear a comment such as, “I’ve seen that place or thing a thousand times, but I’ve never looked at it quite like that before.”
I am a native of the Puget Sound area and, other than a brief time in Montana; I have lived here all my life. I grew up in the Kent area and now I now reside in Seattle. I first became interested in photography in high school. My love of the still image grew into a love with the moving image and I soon found myself at Montana State University studying motion picture production. After college I pursued film and video production, but at the same time I found my thoughts wandering back towards the still image. While I still enjoy the moving image, I have been focusing primarily on photography for the past several years.
I have a great love for nature and all that stuff that is beyond your front door. I am a hiker, backpacker, traveler and sailor. It is very important to me for those loves to show through in my photography. As an artist, I feel that a connection must be made with the subject matter. That is often what makes the difference between a good image and a great image. If there isn’t a little bit of who I am in there, then the image is missing a critical element.
I thank you for taking the time to appreciate my art and all the moments I have managed to capture and save for you to enjoy. I hope that perhaps you’ve been to some of these places or seen some of these things and that perhaps you are seeing them differently through my images.
So, you're probably asking about this other branch of my work (the images with the faceless spandex-clad fellow) that you're going to start seeing more of around here...
My biggest inspiration for these images is the work of Edward Weston - particularly his series of nudes and peppers. I've always loved how the two series blend together at times in a pure artistic exploration of form.
This work is my take on that exploration of human form with the added element of the anonymity that spandex and zentai creates. There is, of course, a certain sensual and even sexual aspect of the work, but truly my main focus is the exploration of the human form.
Now then, I feel that I should put a couple of things on the table -
First, for those that have wondered, I am straight. I do, however have a rather open mind and, I must admit, I do find some of the comments that have been left quite flattering. I'm certainly not above that.
And second, I'm always interested in discussion of my art, technique, where I got the suits and nearly anything else, but please don't ask me for my contact information and name in the hopes of hooking up in some fashion. Again, I certainly am flattered, but this whole thing is more about artistic expression and exploration than anything else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to more of your comments and I can't wait to share more of these ideas that are rolling around in my head with you!
- The Santa Hat Project 73 photos, 43 members
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT 4,068 photos, 393 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 131,694 photos, 11,636 members
- Experimental Dream 195,596 photos, 8,798 members
- Masks Masks Masks 3,637 photos, 414 members
- surreal photography 127 photos, 561 members
- Surreal Shots 50,398 photos, 3,350 members
- Abstract_ photo (post 1 / com 2) 53,267 photos, 2,521 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 236,038 photos, 13,741 members
- Abstract Black and White 8,280 photos, 1,306 members
- Seattle Parks 1,406 photos, 115 members
- Imagination 412,001 photos, 14,182 members
- Whales 10,325 photos, 2,362 members
- Orca Lovers 269 photos, 56 members
- Orca - Killer Whale 973 photos, 287 members
- B&W 4,235,639 photos, 199,360 members
- STRANGE !! 3,031 photos, 520 members
- Something Special... 3,232 photos, 668 members
- masked! 2,420 photos, 247 members
- masked and anonymous 2,083 photos, 157 members
- Mask Portraits and Self-Portraits 1,358 photos, 1,180 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 6,102 photos, 1,187 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 9,419 photos, 495 members
- cosplay and zentai 1,536 photos, 153 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 344 photos, 69 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,237 photos, 376 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 1,485 photos, 426 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 63,897 photos, 1,616 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 8,912 photos, 519 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 6,321 photos, 968 members
- A Touch of Darkness ☠ 3,642 photos, 121 members
- West Seattle 2,530 photos, 211 members
- photographe paradis 225 photos, 72 members
- The Moon [*current* photos only] 33,672 photos, 9,430 members
- MOON Shots 111,971 photos, 23,863 members
- Moon/Luna 56,359 photos, 15,575 members
- West Seattle Blog 5,136 photos, 280 members
- EVERYDAY is Halloween 7,544 photos, 618 members
- Superheroes and Villains 5,254 photos, 499 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,381 photos, 22,357 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 16,997 photos, 1,150 members
- Clones 17,601 photos, 5,520 members
- Dystopic Portraiture! 2,169 photos, 133 members
- Galerie Omega ~ by Admin Invitation only ~ Post 1 - Award 2 31,402 photos, 1,450 members
- Share your work! 364 photos, 20 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 75,597 photos, 8,484 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 8,850 photos, 266 members
- Photography-24/7 445 photos, 33 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 61,543 photos, 954 members
- Classic Aircraft 20,423 photos, 348 members
"Walk about wolfs photography amazed and inspired me from the get go.
He can take the simplest things and breathe a fresh new life into them!
Walk about wolf is a talented, wonderful photographer!"
April 4th, 2008
- Rob A. Johnston
- April 2005
- Kent, WA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / AV Tech
- Walkabout Wolf Photography