Photography is about the moment – a single moment captured and taken out of time. A photograph gives a person the chance to examine that moment as though it never ended – to look at details missed and to perhaps look at the subject in a different way. As a photographer, I always feel I have succeeded in my art when I hear a comment such as, “I’ve seen that place or thing a thousand times, but I’ve never looked at it quite like that before.”
I am a native of the Puget Sound area and, other than a brief time in Montana; I have lived here all my life. I grew up in the Kent area and now I now reside in Seattle. I first became interested in photography in high school. My love of the still image grew into a love with the moving image and I soon found myself at Montana State University studying motion picture production. After college I pursued film and video production, but at the same time I found my thoughts wandering back towards the still image. While I still enjoy the moving image, I have been focusing primarily on photography for the past several years.
I have a great love for nature and all that stuff that is beyond your front door. I am a hiker, backpacker, traveler and sailor. It is very important to me for those loves to show through in my photography. As an artist, I feel that a connection must be made with the subject matter. That is often what makes the difference between a good image and a great image. If there isn’t a little bit of who I am in there, then the image is missing a critical element.
I thank you for taking the time to appreciate my art and all the moments I have managed to capture and save for you to enjoy. I hope that perhaps you’ve been to some of these places or seen some of these things and that perhaps you are seeing them differently through my images.
So, you're probably asking about this other branch of my work (the images with the faceless spandex-clad fellow) that you're going to start seeing more of around here...
My biggest inspiration for these images is the work of Edward Weston - particularly his series of nudes and peppers. I've always loved how the two series blend together at times in a pure artistic exploration of form.
This work is my take on that exploration of human form with the added element of the anonymity that spandex and zentai creates. There is, of course, a certain sensual and even sexual aspect of the work, but truly my main focus is the exploration of the human form.
Now then, I feel that I should put a couple of things on the table -
First, for those that have wondered, I am straight. I do, however have a rather open mind and, I must admit, I do find some of the comments that have been left quite flattering. I'm certainly not above that.
And second, I'm always interested in discussion of my art, technique, where I got the suits and nearly anything else, but please don't ask me for my contact information and name in the hopes of hooking up in some fashion. Again, I certainly am flattered, but this whole thing is more about artistic expression and exploration than anything else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to more of your comments and I can't wait to share more of these ideas that are rolling around in my head with you!
- The Santa Hat Project 71 photos, 41 members
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT 3,755 photos, 391 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 122,457 photos, 11,500 members
- Experimental Dream 154,793 photos, 7,682 members
- Masks Masks Masks 2,368 photos, 369 members
- surreal photography 134 photos, 483 members
- Surreal Shots 25,015 photos, 2,054 members
- Abstract_ photo (post 1 / com 2) 44,545 photos, 2,242 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 212,426 photos, 13,013 members
- Abstract Black and White 4,310 photos, 738 members
- Seattle Parks 1,187 photos, 86 members
- Imagination 341,596 photos, 12,604 members
- Whales 9,336 photos, 2,212 members
- Orca Lovers 163 photos, 37 members
- Orca - Killer Whale 908 photos, 230 members
- B&W 3,522,398 photos, 172,666 members
- STRANGE !! 1,627 photos, 454 members
- Something Special... 3,373 photos, 660 members
- masked! 1,467 photos, 221 members
- masked and anonymous 1,000 photos, 151 members
- Mask Portraits and Self-Portraits 1,398 photos, 1,217 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 4,110 photos, 999 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 8,206 photos, 499 members
- cosplay and zentai 482 photos, 118 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 353 photos, 67 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,118 photos, 351 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 1,497 photos, 443 members
- Canon 7D Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 40,815 photos, 1,183 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 9,208 photos, 542 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 5,627 photos, 964 members
- A Touch of Darkness ☠ 3,192 photos, 121 members
- West Seattle 2,851 photos, 197 members
- photographe paradis 225 photos, 74 members
- The Moon [*current* photos only] 30,211 photos, 9,293 members
- MOON Shots 98,199 photos, 22,804 members
- Moon/Luna 51,129 photos, 15,071 members
- West Seattle Blog 3,910 photos, 256 members
- EVERYDAY is Halloween 6,580 photos, 609 members
- Superheroes and Villains 5,025 photos, 483 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,769 photos, 22,949 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 15,503 photos, 1,142 members
- Clones 17,897 photos, 5,553 members
- Dystopic Portraiture! 1,962 photos, 134 members
- Galerie Omega ~ by Admin Invitation only ~ Post 1 - Award 2 24,161 photos, 1,232 members
- Share your work! 266 photos, 12 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 76,980 photos, 8,599 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 6,194 photos, 220 members
- Friday's Lyrical-Imagery (Please check the weekly theme!) 726 photos, 772 members
- Photography-24/7 440 photos, 33 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 45,876 photos, 784 members
"Walk about wolfs photography amazed and inspired me from the get go.
He can take the simplest things and breathe a fresh new life into them!
Walk about wolf is a talented, wonderful photographer!"
4th April, 2008
- Rob A. Johnston
- April 2005
- Kent, WA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / AV Tech
- Walkabout Wolf Photography