Photography is about the moment – a single moment captured and taken out of time. A photograph gives a person the chance to examine that moment as though it never ended – to look at details missed and to perhaps look at the subject in a different way. As a photographer, I always feel I have succeeded in my art when I hear a comment such as, “I’ve seen that place or thing a thousand times, but I’ve never looked at it quite like that before.”
I am a native of the Puget Sound area and, other than a brief time in Montana; I have lived here all my life. I grew up in the Kent area and now I now reside in Seattle. I first became interested in photography in high school. My love of the still image grew into a love with the moving image and I soon found myself at Montana State University studying motion picture production. After college I pursued film and video production, but at the same time I found my thoughts wandering back towards the still image. While I still enjoy the moving image, I have been focusing primarily on photography for the past several years.
I have a great love for nature and all that stuff that is beyond your front door. I am a hiker, backpacker, traveler and sailor. It is very important to me for those loves to show through in my photography. As an artist, I feel that a connection must be made with the subject matter. That is often what makes the difference between a good image and a great image. If there isn’t a little bit of who I am in there, then the image is missing a critical element.
I thank you for taking the time to appreciate my art and all the moments I have managed to capture and save for you to enjoy. I hope that perhaps you’ve been to some of these places or seen some of these things and that perhaps you are seeing them differently through my images.
So, you're probably asking about this other branch of my work (the images with the faceless spandex-clad fellow) that you're going to start seeing more of around here...
My biggest inspiration for these images is the work of Edward Weston - particularly his series of nudes and peppers. I've always loved how the two series blend together at times in a pure artistic exploration of form.
This work is my take on that exploration of human form with the added element of the anonymity that spandex and zentai creates. There is, of course, a certain sensual and even sexual aspect of the work, but truly my main focus is the exploration of the human form.
Now then, I feel that I should put a couple of things on the table -
First, for those that have wondered, I am straight. I do, however have a rather open mind and, I must admit, I do find some of the comments that have been left quite flattering. I'm certainly not above that.
And second, I'm always interested in discussion of my art, technique, where I got the suits and nearly anything else, but please don't ask me for my contact information and name in the hopes of hooking up in some fashion. Again, I certainly am flattered, but this whole thing is more about artistic expression and exploration than anything else.
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I look forward to more of your comments and I can't wait to share more of these ideas that are rolling around in my head with you!
- The Santa Hat Project 73 photos, 43 members
- CHRISTMAS SPIRIT 4,340 photos, 408 members
- Funny Ha Ha! 139,665 photos, 11,790 members
- Experimental Dream 233,270 photos, 9,494 members
- Masks Masks Masks 5,897 photos, 470 members
- surreal photography 118 photos, 566 members
- Surreal Shots 72,172 photos, 4,236 members
- ABSTRACT ART - *comment 1 per post 266,074 photos, 14,656 members
- Abstract Black and White 15,319 photos, 1,954 members
- Seattle Parks 1,732 photos, 152 members
- Imagination 486,715 photos, 15,234 members
- Whales 11,398 photos, 2,524 members
- Orca Lovers 335 photos, 66 members
- Orca - Killer Whale 1,037 photos, 302 members
- B&W 4,975,838 photos, 221,463 members
- STRANGE !! 4,076 photos, 543 members
- Something Special... 3,087 photos, 661 members
- masked! 4,597 photos, 296 members
- masked and anonymous 2,563 photos, 184 members
- Mask Portraits and Self-Portraits 1,309 photos, 1,162 members
- Masks, Masks, Masks 7,582 photos, 1,280 members
- Bad Man Award - Be yourself (P1 and A3) 10,112 photos, 480 members
- cosplay and zentai 2,157 photos, 184 members
- Flickr Duel - VERSUS contests (Invited winners) 616 photos, 69 members
- Fremont, Seattle 4,014 photos, 408 members
- Flickr Duel - MONO 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 1,923 photos, 427 members
- Canon 7D or 7D2 Nature Photography - Nothing Man Made 101,911 photos, 2,038 members
- Flickr Duel - COLOUR 10+ contest results (Invited winners) 9,214 photos, 513 members
- FlickrDuel ALPHA Contests 7,255 photos, 967 members
- A Touch of Darkness ☠ 4,025 photos, 123 members
- West Seattle 2,545 photos, 223 members
- photographe paradis 246 photos, 72 members
- The Moon [*current* photos only] 37,078 photos, 9,613 members
- MOON Shots 127,867 photos, 25,801 members
- Moon/Luna 62,107 photos, 16,283 members
- West Seattle Blog 5,653 photos, 292 members
- EVERYDAY is Halloween 8,594 photos, 660 members
- Superheroes and Villains 10,251 photos, 535 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,103 photos, 21,984 members
- That's What I'm Talkin About !! (Post 1, Award 3) 18,262 photos, 1,164 members
- Clones 17,430 photos, 5,503 members
- Dystopic Portraiture! 2,114 photos, 131 members
- Galerie Omega ~ by Admin Invitation only ~ Post 1 - Award 2 38,339 photos, 1,661 members
- Share your work! 483 photos, 26 members
- Comments Comments Comments (Post 1/Comment on 5) Read the Rules 73,437 photos, 8,420 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 12,032 photos, 294 members
- Photography-24/7 449 photos, 33 members
- Everything Canon EOS!!! 80,056 photos, 1,067 members
- Classic Aircraft 29,378 photos, 409 members
- Warbirds 118,781 photos, 3,336 members
"Walk about wolfs photography amazed and inspired me from the get go.
He can take the simplest things and breathe a fresh new life into them!
Walk about wolf is a talented, wonderful photographer!"
April 4th, 2008
- Rob A. Johnston
- April 2005
- Kent, WA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Male and Single
- Photographer / AV Tech
- Walkabout Wolf Photography