• To create and present new, innovative performances
• To transgress conventional theatrical forms
• To cultivate new relationships between artists and audiences
• To generate new audiences through outreach to special constituencies
• To nurture diversity of VORTEX artists
• To foster educational programming
• To anchor The VORTEX, a dynamic and cherished home for the arts of the 21st century
VORTEX Repertory Company was incorporated in 1988 to create innovative productions of original work. Since 1990, VORTEX has operated in various performance venues and today owns its own facility in East Austin, providing an intimate venue for the VORTEX Repertory Company as well as other local and national theatre companies, musicians, dancers, and performance artists.
A pioneering leader in Austin's alternative theatre scene, the VORTEX has successfully produced hundreds of original productions since 1989. As a haven for alternative performance, The VORTEX enriches and expands both spectators and artists. VORTEX creates and produces vital, ground-breaking performances that generate thought and discourse on the issues of our time.
Creating and presenting world premieres, cutting-edge, plays, ritual theatre, and opera, VORTEX continues to expand its artistic professionalism, arts education programming, and community outreach.
Most popular photos
Photos of VORTEXRepCo
Have something nice to say about VORTEXRepCo? Write a testimonial