My first Super 8 movie camera bought for me in 1979 was made in the Soviet Union.
I had used to obtain colorful literature from the Soviet exhibitions, Aeroflot, Intourist/Sputnik bureaus and the USSR Consulate in my young hood, as well as from various sources about Socialist Eastern Bloc.
So, I am hungry for all kinds of materials from the USSR and Eastern Bloc in Russian, German and others.
Also, I am keen on Japan. I don't know why for sure. Probably, because of wide variety of high quality and expensive products that I can not afford to buy in my young hood.
I am hungry for all kinds of materials from Japan especially in Japanese, too.
I have a large document collection in my field from all over the world.
Now, I may say that I have everything, but I miss the past time with limitations.
I have been in more than 50 countries.
I am also a fond of wildlife cinematography.
Photos of openreel (11)
- MODERN TASHKENT 1,721 photos, 144 members
- Fujifilm FinePix S2950 10,529 photos, 848 members
- Single 8 37 photos, 10 members
- Mamiya 645 38,277 photos, 4,530 members
- GRAAF Audio 136 photos, 224 members
- Yongnuo YN-460 II, YN-465, YN-468, YN-560, RF-602, CTR-301P 22,900 photos, 3,436 members
- 16mm 209 photos, 77 members
- Reel to Reel, a Journey Through Our Analog Past 630 photos, 147 members
- Tokyo Images 233,085 photos, 6,921 members
- Cinemas 21,352 photos, 1,710 members
- Super 8mm 2,152 photos, 597 members
- Classic Camera Ads ! 1,066 photos, 61 members
- Soviet Nostalgia Снежная королева 1,362 photos, 142 members
- USSR - CCCP 8,989 photos, 1,046 members
- Made in Soviet Union 15,278 photos, 1,071 members
- Vintage movie cameras and projectors 798 photos, 122 members
- Movie Projector and operational Theater Equipment 998 photos, 179 members
- Camera stores & photo shows! 1,641 photos, 234 members
openreel doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Erkan Umut
- January 2011
- Istanbul, Turkey
- I am:
- Cinematographer & Prof. of Cinematography