ATTENTION ( TV-SHOWS, BOOK , AGENCYS, ANY PRESS, AND ANY OTHERS OR RELATED):
ALL PICTURES IN THIS VITOSTREET FLICKR ARE COPYRIGHTED!!
©All rights reserved. Please contact me, if you are interested in using any of the photo's.
If you want to send me stickers, drawings, posters, etc, you can mail me at: email@example.com Or firstname.lastname@example.org
Vito - Paris Street Art Book
My interest in street art was born when the hip-hop movement landed in France in 1984. I discovered street culture as imported from the US, which meant graffiti as well, thanks to the cult programs hosted by Sydney, H.I.P.-H.O.P.I was 15 then.
By the mid-1990s, my interest had turned into an obsession. I became aware of it the day I realized I was regularly standing in the metro with my face glued to the window to see a particular piece as we sped past.
Ever since, I’ve kept an eye out for transfers, graffiti, collages, silk-screens, and stickers in Paris, and have several thousand photos of them. I found them in places ranging from disused factories to wasteland and ordinary streets.
So every Sunday morning while the city’s still asleep, I leave my suburb heading for Paris. These morning pilgrimages see me covering miles and miles of pavement—from the Butte aux Cailles to the Bastille, from the Bastille to République, and from République to Belleville. I peer at walls, the tops of buildings and inconspicuous nooks and crannies, in the hope of finding something original……
Paris street art book : Annotations
Next to New York and London, Paris has always been a major destination for street artists and aficionados. This work features 150 images [By Vitostreet].
Paris street art book : Description
Next to New York and London, Paris has always been a major destination for street artists and aficionados. Multicultural and sophisticated, it is a city made for art of all kinds. Nowhere is the pulse of creativity more apparent than in its street art. Charged with colour, humour and social commentary, the 150 images captured in this book represent an open-air museum whose canvases are perpetually transformed. From the city centre to the outer banlieues, from stencil and spray paint to stickers, this collection reveals the creative energy fueling the Paris underground art scene.
Paris street art book : Author Biography
Artistic masterpieces, if you just know how and where to find ROMAULD STIVINE is an art director and owner of the Lazy Dog bookshop and gallery in Paris. VITO DEL FORTE [Vitostreet] is a photographer based in Paris.
Vitostreet - Photo by Ekosystem
Interview given to Samantha longhi for Stencil History X Book
Since when have you taken pictures in the street? How many do you have today?
I have been interested in urban art since the 1980’s. Thanks to the arrival of everything numerical and photoblog, i was able to start rigorously and constitute a data base of my actual photographs ( thousands an thousands)
Photoblogs contribute a lot to the circulation of street art (fotolog, flickr, myspace, blogspots etc…) what do you think about this?
Photoblog can permit young artists to become known, but the interest must be to favor the emulation and exchange between artist.
On Flickr, for exemple, there are more then 100 000 results for word stencil. How do you handle this when you’re a photographer? How do you differentiate yourself ?
I chose flickr for its classing system (pool,tags…) its research engine and its notoriety.What differentiates meis the specific thematic (Parisian urban art), the frequency of publication and the famous “As soon as it’s up, it’s photographed”
Indeed, it’s the Vito legend. Do you have a stencil GPS or do clones work with you?
My passion guides my steps.
There is often conflict between photographers and artists when artists aren’t named, for example. What do you think about this?
There is only conflict when, intentionally, the photographer doesn’t name an artist or, for personal or business means, uses his work without his consent. Thant’s the reason i “tag” all my photos.
How do you see stencils today?
I have three major ideas: the emerging of a new stencil generation, more collaboration between stencil and graffiti artists and work and techniques that evolve (the life span of a stencil is shorter, stencils on posters and no longer directly on walls etc…)
Who are you favorite stencil artists?
My choises are related to esthetic shocks which can be linked to a theme, an anexpected composition…
So i like the work of The Dark (Canada), M-city (Poland), Sten&lex (Italy), Bansky, WCA (Isbach, Artiste-ouvrier-6lex/France), Fremantle (France), DoctorH(Belgium) and many others.
- Nuit Blanche Paris 2014 403 photos, 38 members
- Le Mausolée 113 photos, 13 members
- pal team 1,145 photos, 15 members
- Baer BTR 360 photos, 106 members
- SANS CONSERVATEUR 56 photos, 2 members
- T.I.G 50 photos, 17 members
- RCF1 96 photos, 17 members
- Passion BMX 8,718 photos, 814 members
- claudio ethos 91 photos, 14 members
- Skateboarding 88,872 photos, 10,333 members
- Ed Templeton/Toy Machine 49 photos, 18 members
- unurth pool 94,658 photos, 972 members
- C215's Community Service exhibition 53 photos, 4 members
- Dem189 27 photos, 2 members
- Burning Man! 48,475 photos, 4,690 members
- Graff à l'Ermitage 289 photos, 23 members
- Doel 7,808 photos, 366 members
- DMV [Da Mental Vaporz] 773 photos, 57 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 42,098 photos, 1,449 members
- FRENCH STREET ART 40,402 photos, 131 members
- Shaka & Nosbe [PPA] 527 photos, 41 members
- Roa - Animal Graffiti Art 4,171 photos, 553 members
- PIXO 1,354 photos, 438 members
- SÃO PAULO GRAFFITI 25,975 photos, 2,016 members
- Bue The Warrior 1,728 photos, 52 members
- VITRY JAM 587 photos, 30 members
- Vitry-sur-Seine street art 4,917 photos, 87 members
- Bloodwars Magazine 24,233 photos, 1,175 members
- galerie itinerrance 610 photos, 47 members
- urbanartcore.eu 111,109 photos, 763 members
- Jana & JS 1,433 photos, 84 members
- Amour graff 230 photos, 17 members
- zoo project 818 photos, 77 members
- Bom.K 140 photos, 35 members
- ODV Graffiti 727 photos, 50 members
- Mike Giant 241 photos, 205 members
- Rue Denoyez 2,536 photos, 62 members
- SEEN a.k.a THE GODFATHER OF GRAFFITI 74 photos, 62 members
- OPEN YOUR EYES GROUP 159 photos, 18 members
- Paris Graffiti Van 2,324 photos, 63 members
- EPSYLON POINT (Stencil) 242 photos, 44 members
- STICKER 45,772 photos, 1,796 members
- Paris Stickers 98 photos, 9 members
- Nature's revenge 549 photos, 125 members
- Rooftop Graffiti 95 photos, 11 members
- French stickers 4,242 photos, 74 members
- PLAISIR D'ECRIRE - Paris handstyles 1,277 photos, 196 members
- Paris Tags 2 photos, 1 member
- Popay 41 photos, 4 members
- FKDL in Town 1,821 photos, 192 members
Bruno Leyval says:
"Vito, un personnage incontournable et indispensable à la diffusion des arts urbain ! Respect & peace !"
April 29th, 2008
"Vito is showing the best of Parisian street art, always selecting, always quoting artists with tags, and spending a lot of time informing others flickr users about street artists names. Huge knowledge about the stuff. A good photgrapher and a good friend"
November 27th, 2007
- December 2005
- Paris, France