ATTENTION ( TV-SHOWS, BOOK , AGENCYS, ANY PRESS, AND ANY OTHERS OR RELATED):
ALL PICTURES IN THIS VITOSTREET FLICKR ARE COPYRIGHTED!!
©All rights reserved. Please contact me, if you are interested in using any of the photo's.
If you want to send me stickers, drawings, posters, etc, you can mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com
Vito - Paris Street Art Book
My interest in street art was born when the hip-hop movement landed in France in 1984. I discovered street culture as imported from the US, which meant graffiti as well, thanks to the cult programs hosted by Sydney, H.I.P.-H.O.P.I was 15 then.
By the mid-1990s, my interest had turned into an obsession. I became aware of it the day I realized I was regularly standing in the metro with my face glued to the window to see a particular piece as we sped past.
Ever since, I’ve kept an eye out for transfers, graffiti, collages, silk-screens, and stickers in Paris, and have several thousand photos of them. I found them in places ranging from disused factories to wasteland and ordinary streets.
So every Sunday morning while the city’s still asleep, I leave my suburb heading for Paris. These morning pilgrimages see me covering miles and miles of pavement—from the Butte aux Cailles to the Bastille, from the Bastille to République, and from République to Belleville. I peer at walls, the tops of buildings and inconspicuous nooks and crannies, in the hope of finding something original……
Paris street art book : Annotations
Next to New York and London, Paris has always been a major destination for street artists and aficionados. This work features 150 images [By Vitostreet].
Paris street art book : Description
Next to New York and London, Paris has always been a major destination for street artists and aficionados. Multicultural and sophisticated, it is a city made for art of all kinds. Nowhere is the pulse of creativity more apparent than in its street art. Charged with colour, humour and social commentary, the 150 images captured in this book represent an open-air museum whose canvases are perpetually transformed. From the city centre to the outer banlieues, from stencil and spray paint to stickers, this collection reveals the creative energy fueling the Paris underground art scene.
Paris street art book : Author Biography
Artistic masterpieces, if you just know how and where to find ROMAULD STIVINE is an art director and owner of the Lazy Dog bookshop and gallery in Paris. VITO DEL FORTE [Vitostreet] is a photographer based in Paris.
Vitostreet - Photo by Ekosystem
Interview given to Samantha longhi for Stencil History X Book
Since when have you taken pictures in the street? How many do you have today?
I have been interested in urban art since the 1980’s. Thanks to the arrival of everything numerical and photoblog, i was able to start rigorously and constitute a data base of my actual photographs ( thousands an thousands)
Photoblogs contribute a lot to the circulation of street art (fotolog, flickr, myspace, blogspots etc…) what do you think about this?
Photoblog can permit young artists to become known, but the interest must be to favor the emulation and exchange between artist.
On Flickr, for exemple, there are more then 100 000 results for word stencil. How do you handle this when you’re a photographer? How do you differentiate yourself ?
I chose flickr for its classing system (pool,tags…) its research engine and its notoriety.What differentiates meis the specific thematic (Parisian urban art), the frequency of publication and the famous “As soon as it’s up, it’s photographed”
Indeed, it’s the Vito legend. Do you have a stencil GPS or do clones work with you?
My passion guides my steps.
There is often conflict between photographers and artists when artists aren’t named, for example. What do you think about this?
There is only conflict when, intentionally, the photographer doesn’t name an artist or, for personal or business means, uses his work without his consent. Thant’s the reason i “tag” all my photos.
How do you see stencils today?
I have three major ideas: the emerging of a new stencil generation, more collaboration between stencil and graffiti artists and work and techniques that evolve (the life span of a stencil is shorter, stencils on posters and no longer directly on walls etc…)
Who are you favorite stencil artists?
My choises are related to esthetic shocks which can be linked to a theme, an anexpected composition…
So i like the work of The Dark (Canada), M-city (Poland), Sten&lex (Italy), Bansky, WCA (Isbach, Artiste-ouvrier-6lex/France), Fremantle (France), DoctorH(Belgium) and many others.
- Nuit Blanche Paris 2014 399 photos, 36 members
- Le Mausolée 109 photos, 13 members
- pal team 1,296 photos, 17 members
- Baer BTR 382 photos, 115 members
- SANS CONSERVATEUR 56 photos, 3 members
- T.I.G 52 photos, 17 members
- RCF1 96 photos, 16 members
- Passion BMX 8,993 photos, 821 members
- claudio ethos 91 photos, 14 members
- Skateboarding 89,726 photos, 10,426 members
- Ed Templeton/Toy Machine 48 photos, 21 members
- unurth pool 111,000 photos, 993 members
- C215's Community Service exhibition 53 photos, 4 members
- Dem189 27 photos, 2 members
- Burning Man! 48,476 photos, 4,859 members
- Graff à l'Ermitage 290 photos, 25 members
- Doel 7,990 photos, 383 members
- DMV [Da Mental Vaporz] 772 photos, 58 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 47,982 photos, 1,565 members
- FRENCH STREET ART 59,987 photos, 149 members
- Shaka & Nosbe [PPA] 558 photos, 43 members
- Roa - Animal Graffiti Art 4,201 photos, 563 members
- PIXO 1,562 photos, 444 members
- SÃO PAULO GRAFFITI 26,646 photos, 2,072 members
- Bue The Warrior 1,839 photos, 55 members
- VITRY JAM 587 photos, 30 members
- Vitry-sur-Seine street art 5,148 photos, 89 members
- Bloodwars Magazine 25,181 photos, 1,179 members
- galerie itinerrance 633 photos, 47 members
- urbanartcore.eu 140,702 photos, 780 members
- Jana & JS 1,449 photos, 84 members
- Amour graff 258 photos, 20 members
- zoo project 816 photos, 77 members
- Bom.K 142 photos, 34 members
- ODV Graffiti 842 photos, 55 members
- Mike Giant 241 photos, 204 members
- Rue Denoyez 3,030 photos, 63 members
- SEEN a.k.a THE GODFATHER OF GRAFFITI 74 photos, 62 members
- OPEN YOUR EYES GROUP 173 photos, 20 members
- Paris Graffiti Van 2,657 photos, 64 members
- EPSYLON POINT (Stencil) 245 photos, 45 members
- STICKER 47,406 photos, 1,811 members
- Paris Stickers 109 photos, 9 members
- Nature's revenge 575 photos, 126 members
- Rooftop Graffiti 95 photos, 11 members
- French stickers 4,419 photos, 74 members
- PLAISIR D'ECRIRE - Paris handstyles 1,261 photos, 196 members
- Paris Tags 2 photos, 1 member
- Popay 41 photos, 3 members
- FKDL in Town 1,882 photos, 193 members
Bruno Leyval says:
"Vito, un personnage incontournable et indispensable à la diffusion des arts urbain ! Respect & peace !"
April 29th, 2008
"Vito is showing the best of Parisian street art, always selecting, always quoting artists with tags, and spending a lot of time informing others flickr users about street artists names. Huge knowledge about the stuff. A good photgrapher and a good friend"
November 27th, 2007
- December 2005
- Paris, France