ATTENTION ( TV-SHOWS, BOOK , AGENCYS, ANY PRESS, AND ANY OTHERS OR RELATED):
ALL PICTURES IN THIS VITOSTREET FLICKR ARE COPYRIGHTED!!
©All rights reserved. Please contact me, if you are interested in using any of the photo's.
If you want to send me stickers, drawings, posters, etc, you can mail me at: firstname.lastname@example.org Or email@example.com
Vito - Paris Street Art Book
My interest in street art was born when the hip-hop movement landed in France in 1984. I discovered street culture as imported from the US, which meant graffiti as well, thanks to the cult programs hosted by Sydney, H.I.P.-H.O.P.I was 15 then.
By the mid-1990s, my interest had turned into an obsession. I became aware of it the day I realized I was regularly standing in the metro with my face glued to the window to see a particular piece as we sped past.
Ever since, I’ve kept an eye out for transfers, graffiti, collages, silk-screens, and stickers in Paris, and have several thousand photos of them. I found them in places ranging from disused factories to wasteland and ordinary streets.
So every Sunday morning while the city’s still asleep, I leave my suburb heading for Paris. These morning pilgrimages see me covering miles and miles of pavement—from the Butte aux Cailles to the Bastille, from the Bastille to République, and from République to Belleville. I peer at walls, the tops of buildings and inconspicuous nooks and crannies, in the hope of finding something original……
Paris street art book : Annotations
Next to New York and London, Paris has always been a major destination for street artists and aficionados. This work features 150 images [By Vitostreet].
Paris street art book : Description
Next to New York and London, Paris has always been a major destination for street artists and aficionados. Multicultural and sophisticated, it is a city made for art of all kinds. Nowhere is the pulse of creativity more apparent than in its street art. Charged with colour, humour and social commentary, the 150 images captured in this book represent an open-air museum whose canvases are perpetually transformed. From the city centre to the outer banlieues, from stencil and spray paint to stickers, this collection reveals the creative energy fueling the Paris underground art scene.
Paris street art book : Author Biography
Artistic masterpieces, if you just know how and where to find ROMAULD STIVINE is an art director and owner of the Lazy Dog bookshop and gallery in Paris. VITO DEL FORTE [Vitostreet] is a photographer based in Paris.
Vitostreet - Photo by Ekosystem
Interview given to Samantha longhi for Stencil History X Book
Since when have you taken pictures in the street? How many do you have today?
I have been interested in urban art since the 1980’s. Thanks to the arrival of everything numerical and photoblog, i was able to start rigorously and constitute a data base of my actual photographs ( thousands an thousands)
Photoblogs contribute a lot to the circulation of street art (fotolog, flickr, myspace, blogspots etc…) what do you think about this?
Photoblog can permit young artists to become known, but the interest must be to favor the emulation and exchange between artist.
On Flickr, for exemple, there are more then 100 000 results for word stencil. How do you handle this when you’re a photographer? How do you differentiate yourself ?
I chose flickr for its classing system (pool,tags…) its research engine and its notoriety.What differentiates meis the specific thematic (Parisian urban art), the frequency of publication and the famous “As soon as it’s up, it’s photographed”
Indeed, it’s the Vito legend. Do you have a stencil GPS or do clones work with you?
My passion guides my steps.
There is often conflict between photographers and artists when artists aren’t named, for example. What do you think about this?
There is only conflict when, intentionally, the photographer doesn’t name an artist or, for personal or business means, uses his work without his consent. Thant’s the reason i “tag” all my photos.
How do you see stencils today?
I have three major ideas: the emerging of a new stencil generation, more collaboration between stencil and graffiti artists and work and techniques that evolve (the life span of a stencil is shorter, stencils on posters and no longer directly on walls etc…)
Who are you favorite stencil artists?
My choises are related to esthetic shocks which can be linked to a theme, an anexpected composition…
So i like the work of The Dark (Canada), M-city (Poland), Sten&lex (Italy), Bansky, WCA (Isbach, Artiste-ouvrier-6lex/France), Fremantle (France), DoctorH(Belgium) and many others.
- Nuit Blanche Paris 2014 417 photos, 39 members
- Le Mausolée 113 photos, 12 members
- pal team 997 photos, 14 members
- Baer BTR 320 photos, 100 members
- SANS CONSERVATEUR 56 photos, 2 members
- T.I.G 51 photos, 17 members
- RCF1 93 photos, 17 members
- Passion BMX 8,443 photos, 802 members
- claudio ethos 91 photos, 14 members
- Skateboarding 86,878 photos, 10,165 members
- Ed Templeton/Toy Machine 42 photos, 18 members
- unurth pool 82,861 photos, 969 members
- C215's Community Service exhibition 68 photos, 4 members
- Dem189 27 photos, 2 members
- Burning Man! 48,237 photos, 4,470 members
- Graff à l'Ermitage 288 photos, 23 members
- Doel 7,641 photos, 349 members
- DMV [Da Mental Vaporz] 760 photos, 55 members
- Friches et lieux oubliés 37,195 photos, 1,339 members
- FRENCH STREET ART 30,334 photos, 117 members
- Shaka & Nosbe [PPA] 497 photos, 40 members
- Roa - Animal Graffiti Art 4,083 photos, 551 members
- PIXO 1,290 photos, 424 members
- SÃO PAULO GRAFFITI 25,593 photos, 1,980 members
- Bue The Warrior 1,613 photos, 53 members
- VITRY JAM 589 photos, 30 members
- Vitry-sur-Seine street art 4,518 photos, 83 members
- Bloodwars Magazine 23,614 photos, 1,165 members
- galerie itinerrance 594 photos, 47 members
- urbanartcore.eu 93,882 photos, 724 members
- Jana & JS 1,479 photos, 85 members
- Amour graff 207 photos, 17 members
- zoo project 805 photos, 78 members
- Bom.K 138 photos, 35 members
- ODV Graffiti 704 photos, 50 members
- Mike Giant 241 photos, 207 members
- Rue Denoyez 2,319 photos, 61 members
- SEEN a.k.a THE GODFATHER OF GRAFFITI 74 photos, 62 members
- OPEN YOUR EYES GROUP 160 photos, 17 members
- Paris Graffiti Van 1,949 photos, 59 members
- EPSYLON POINT (Stencil) 221 photos, 43 members
- STICKER 44,420 photos, 1,793 members
- Paris Stickers 98 photos, 9 members
- Nature's revenge 559 photos, 125 members
- Rooftop Graffiti 95 photos, 11 members
- French stickers 4,040 photos, 74 members
- PLAISIR D'ECRIRE - Paris handstyles 1,279 photos, 193 members
- Paris Tags 2 photos, 1 member
- Popay 41 photos, 3 members
- FKDL in Town 1,738 photos, 192 members
Bruno Leyval says:
"Vito, un personnage incontournable et indispensable à la diffusion des arts urbain ! Respect & peace !"
April 29th, 2008
"Vito is showing the best of Parisian street art, always selecting, always quoting artists with tags, and spending a lot of time informing others flickr users about street artists names. Huge knowledge about the stuff. A good photgrapher and a good friend"
November 27th, 2007
- December 2005
- Paris, France