I'm an artist and professional photographer in Boston, Masschusetts in the USA. I have a studio in town where I shoot portraits and artistic nudes. On my days off I spend my free time going on long photo walks where I photograph anything that strikes my fancy. I don't consider my Flickr account to be any kind of a portfolio, so look at it as a huge box of old photos you're free to browse through.
Please do not re-post any of my photographs.
To purchase my first book "Picturing the Male Nude" click below...
Picturing the ... By Patrick Lentz Book Preview
All of my other books can be seen here....
February 4th, 2013
I'm the official photographer of Boston's Beantown Softball League and FLAG Flag Football
Two groups I administrate exclusively...
Picturing the Male
and a new group I recently created...
Portraits- A Gallery of your Best Portraiture
Join if you like!
Photos of Violentz (2)
- steampunk 30,437 photos, 3,824 members
- Not Art Graffiti 245 photos, 30 members
- Beyond Little House 135 photos, 43 members
- Black Madonnas 231 photos, 72 members
- Still Life/La Nature Morte 13,173 photos, 1,519 members
- Flickr for iPhone 144,107 photos, 6,827 members
- Halloween and Day of the Dead 7,583 photos, 1,357 members
- Saints and their symbols 10,547 photos, 440 members
- Six Word Story 38,095 photos, 3,240 members
- Theme Competition 611 photos, 2,669 members
- R.E.M. 2,164 photos, 227 members
- Old Hollywood 9,572 photos, 1,582 members
- Noir City 44,581 photos, 2,235 members
- squirrels 83,583 photos, 10,637 members
- I Love Food Group! 482,224 photos, 26,634 members
- October 10, 2010 1,687 photos, 2,376 members
- be Poladroid ! 78,430 photos, 20,728 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 28,296 photos, 4,573 members
- New Photo Page Preview 0 photos, 3,207 members
- Autochromatica 452 photos, 111 members
- Fictitious Reality 34th Exhibition-walter.breidenbach 13 photos, 410 members
- Fictitious Reality 32 th Exhibition- HanaS. 14 photos, 506 members
- Best VIDEOS on Flickr! 26,038 photos, 7,107 members
- Halloween E-Cards 12 photos, 9 members
- Mid-Century Modern 24,754 photos, 1,843 members
- Mid-century modern identification project 1,192 photos, 278 members
- 52 Stunning Self Portraits 368 photos, 145 members
- McDonalds 13,053 photos, 1,825 members
- Join the Impact - Nationwide Protest Nov. 15 11,634 photos, 769 members
- Voting Practice 33 photos, 81 members
- League of the Empty Chair : Interestingly Out Of Place !!! 17,263 photos, 18,200 members
- Ordinary People 814 photos, 93 members
- Flickr 888 4,531 photos, 9,993 members
- Towleroad 29 photos, 23 members
- B&W Architecture 12,474 photos, 591 members
- Mickey Mouse 6,025 photos, 1,034 members
- Field Guide: Birds of the World 196,518 photos, 26,600 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 33,310 photos, 18,650 members
- MARX Toys 858 photos, 221 members
- In the Subway 864 photos, 233 members
- Blurb Books Community 2,415 photos, 6,484 members
- surrealime in photography 11,561 photos, 622 members
- Avant-Garde Photography 78,802 photos, 3,019 members
- Wacom GFX 4,334 photos, 482 members
- Through a Window 1,356 photos, 199 members
- Copper on Buildings 1,211 photos, 118 members
- Architectural details and decorative elements 178,814 photos, 3,404 members
- AFM: How NOT to get Deleted! The Rules Group 0 photos, 21,051 members
- Best of The Birds 436,327 photos, 13,706 members
- Photomontage 45,938 photos, 3,082 members
- men who smile 16 photos
- Snowman 17 photos
- Kilt 17 photos
- Cowboys 18 photos
- kids with mustaches 12 photos
- stripes 17 photos
- Chucks All Star 16 photos
- Batman 16 photos
- doggy urinals 18 photos
- You make wolves howl my dear, dear friend 17 photos
- Baby Toe 16 photos
- Public Displays of Affection 13 photos
- Call Me! 18 photos
Christopher Empson says:
"Patrick has got to be one of the most innovative artists on Flickr. I’ve learned so much about composition and portraiture by visiting his stream. His work is definitely inspiring and I’m glad our paths crossed. Hopefully we’ll get to meet face to face one day.
You promised me a photo shoot Patrick…I kept the email.
Hugs - Christopher"
February 11th, 2008
"I can't tell you how many times I am inspired by Patrick's photo works. His portraits have secret magic and power that draws you into a deep thoughts.
If I only have one vote for the best portrait work on Flickr, this is man I will vote for."
January 20th, 2008
"Patrick's photography has been a definite joy to look at over the years - and now his latest body of work has matured into a quintessential erotic and sensual feast for the eyes. A rising star for sure! He is someone to look out for in the next year - it won't be long before he'll be commissioned by the Chippendales to shoot their next 2009 calendar!"
January 10th, 2008
"Patrick is a joy to be around, can make anybody look good, and is a god with a Nikon. It's a pleasure to call him friend!"
October 8th, 2007
"Overall, a very talented photographer. Great eye, great subjects, and great artistic treatments.
I was drawn in by the guys (beautiful and sexy), but Violentz has a great deal more depth and breadth in his body of work to appreciate. I enjoy his work immensely!"
August 12th, 2007
blue scene says:
"great photographer to work with. he really helped me feel relaxed when i was being photographed."
June 5th, 2007
♥ shhexy corin ♥ says:
"If Violentz ever asks you to model for him, don't worry, don't be nervous.
Do what I do, just picture yourself naked.
You'll soon get the hang of it."
February 8th, 2007
"It's a bit of a surprise to see naked men on my flickr home page. However, it is always splendid to see people wonderfully composed in an artistic manner as Violentz effortlessly does. His work is always tasteful and I am pleased to log on and see new postings. Keep it up."
January 25th, 2007
"Absolutely Magic!!! You are the best photographer on Flickr!"
January 23rd, 2007
"Any man I know would be absolutely thrilled to have Patrick's lens turned on him. Far from violent, his lens is a caress. The men on the other end in Patrick's classically lit portraits are gentle, and handsome, and open, and sexy, and very real. What Patrick does takes more than an understanding of light -- it takes an understanding of people, and a talent at interpersonal communication that most of us can only dream of having.
And his bad art? It's really not bad -- at least not *that* kind of bad."
January 2nd, 2007
"I am not qualified to write a testimonial on ANYONE but would feel extremely selfish if I did not take a moment to say a word about Patrick and his art of photography. He is an incredibly generous photographer. There is nothing that he focuses in on that is not enhanced by his talent for lighting and space. All I can say is, I feel like the world is a little more beautiful because of you Patrick! Thank you for sharing your art with us!"
December 1st, 2006
Mark Klotz says:
"Patrick is an amazing photographer and all around artist. He's always at work on something--I think he's one of the hardest working photographers I've ever seen. He's a major contribution to all that is great about Flickr. I really like his philosophy about photography, he does whatever he wants to do, and he does it very well, and he'll go to great lenghts to do it. I also really appreciate how 'real' his subjects are. He's capable of showing you ordinary people, and making you realize how beautiful they really are. Even though he's busy and has a lot of fans, it doesn't stop him from taking the time to comment on other people's work as well as participate in all kinds of discussion in the forums.
Viva La Violentz!"
September 28th, 2006
"Among portraits, street snapshots and even cartoons, Patrick has shared a millions pieces of his work with us (18,000 pics and counting !). What I really appreciate more, though, are his portraits.
While some photographers are known for their "glittering" vision, Patrick's style goes just the opposite way. His portraits are all about intimacy. It looks like the models are sharing a well-kept secret with somebody special. He manages to let them comfortable to be themselves, and in the end he extracts their own unique beauty without artificial poses. And he delivers that result regardless of how "unique" their beauty may be: throughout his photostream, you won't see übermodels, but mostly "guys next door", who find in his lens a way of sharing their real selfs with the world. And Patrick puts a lot of sweetness in this process, or at least that's what his pics say to me. They suggest a real bond of trust was created.
For his brilliant work and his constant kindness, Patrick is one of my favourite Flickr friends, and a real source of inspiration. Keep rocking, fella !"
July 11th, 2006
"I've been in Flickr now for about a year and wanted to write a testimonial for the person whose photos I have enjoyed the most and who has given me most "I wish I'd taken that one!" moments. No contest - Patrick's. They are consistently innovative, witty and surprising. And great to look at. And long may he continue! Thanks Patrick!"
March 12th, 2006
Danny in Dairyland says:
"I come to Patrick's site every time I visit Flickr. His work is truly amazing. Whiile some photographers limit themselves to a single subject or a particular style, Patrick proves his incredible and distinctive style and technical skill throughout the wide range of subjects, places and events he photographs. He captures life in Boston, life at the Beach, Gay Pride Events, Gay Marriage Rallies, Family Events, Self Portraits, Art and Architecture. And he covers them in a truly distinctive way that is like a personal signature.
From my interest and perspective, Patrick's strongest talent is his ability to capture men and women in portrait, live action, at play, nude and erotic with a sensitive eye and a playfulness that brings out the very best of his human subjects.
This is a photographer to pay attention to. Those of us with an interest in taking pictures can learn a whole lot just by looking at Patrick's work. Beyond that, his work is very unique and distinctive. I am sure that one day Patrick Lentz will be a photographer whose work is known to much wider audiences. Keep watching this one!
Awesome stuff here. Thank you Patrick!
Danny in Dairyland"
September 8th, 2005
mark daniel says:
"i wonder if there is anywhere patrick goes where he doesn't take his camera with him. and i think that is something that marks the difference between someone who only takes snapshots, and someone who IS a photographer.
i noticed immediately when i first discovered patrick's photostream shortly after joining flickr, that he takes photographs of just about everyone and everything. he brings the same discerning and careful eye for detail to each and every subject he captures on film. there is no subject where he does this better then with his different portrait and figure studies. whether they are willing targets in the studio, or captured in real life from the streets of boston, his portraits and photographs successfully capture the personality of the person on the other side of the lens.
and that is the mark of not just a photographer, but a great photographer."
August 14th, 2005
slight clutter says:
"I absolutely adore Patrick. I dig everything about him - his portraits, his street photography, his BAD ART, his kindness, his wit, his intelligence, his reasonable nature - you name it, I love it. Definitely one of my Flickr favorites. Rock on, Superman!"
August 1st, 2005
"Vio's skill and artistry as a photographer is what I hope to aspire to. I love the diversity and focus of his themes, and it is because of this, that I keep coming back with renewed interest. Lovely work. ~App"
May 3rd, 2005
Ad Altiora Natus says:
"I have loved and appreciated you work since I first joined flickr. Today I viewed your spring-time flowers and I see a whole new vision. Thank you for the art you create."
May 2nd, 2005
"Violentz is artistic beyond the lens of his camera! He combines sophistication, sensuality, and technicality and delivers them all in every capture of his photo."
April 24th, 2005
- Patrick Lentz
- October 2004
- Boston, Massachusetts
- Boston, USA
- I am:
- Patrick Lentz Photography
- PatrickCLentz [at] aol.com