Photo taker, maker of t-shirts, historical researcher, preservation advocate, presenter of symposiums on roadside history and attractions, and a big fan of the road trip.
Please note - My images are not to be used for any purposes without prior permission. Send me a message and we'll get you squared away - I'm pretty easy to work with. :-)
Photos of Vintage Roadside (6)
- Muffler Men and other Roadside Statues, also cool signs. 13,537 photos, 480 members
- Vintage Arizona 7,135 photos, 253 members
- Signs of Sacramento 1,291 photos, 54 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 402,270 photos, 103,696 members
- Vintage Signs of the Midwest (VSOTM) 5,047 photos, 231 members
- Sign of the Frog (Giant Frogs/Toads and Signage) 120 photos, 234 members
- Mid-Century Modern: The Postcards 864 photos, 68 members
- John & Donald Parkinson, Architects 72 photos, 37 members
- Opal Glass signs 123 photos, 45 members
- Ode to the Road Trip 19,579 photos, 454 members
- Trader Vic's Portland 163 photos, 10 members
- US Route 10 350 photos, 45 members
- The Hukilau 1,390 photos, 97 members
- Vintage Travel Trailers 6,521 photos, 896 members
- Sign of the Horse (Giant Horses & Signage) 369 photos, 233 members
- All Skate! (vintage skating signs) 78 photos, 57 members
- Tastee-Freez 158 photos, 60 members
- Dog n Suds (buildings & signs) 89 photos, 48 members
- Liquor Signs - Neon, Painted, Plastic Liquor Store & Bar Signs 2,436 photos, 322 members
- Billetproof-worlds least important cars shows 14,981 photos, 60 members
- US Highway 45 97 photos, 20 members
- "Club" Signs 1,144 photos, 55 members
- Egyptian Revival Architecture 307 photos, 102 members
- Imperial 400 Motels 107 photos, 50 members
- SKATING SIGNS 30 photos, 15 members
- Pure Oil Cottages (gas station buildings) 304 photos, 96 members
- Sign of the Pig (Giant Pigs and Signage) 493 photos, 254 members
- Neon Extensions (vintage signs) 587 photos, 115 members
- Historic Wisconsin Buildings 2,493 photos, 136 members
- Sign of the Chicken (Giant Chickens & Signage) 502 photos, 121 members
- *Oregon Vintage Signs ONLY!* 543 photos, 57 members
- Roadside News 431 photos, 106 members
- Indigestion Friday 1,123 photos, 84 members
- MERCURYS 49-51 ONLY! 710 photos, 179 members
- The Hotrod Life 1,071 photos, 36 members
- Fraternal Organization Signs ONLY ! 1,775 photos, 159 members
- Roadside Missouri 4,269 photos, 254 members
- US Route 68 143 photos, 30 members
- Retro Roadmap 4,881 photos, 82 members
- Cool Architecture 414 photos, 85 members
- Society for Commercial Archeology 22,308 photos, 561 members
- Proposed School Demolitions 67 photos, 37 members
- Shell Gas Stations (Pre 2000s) 390 photos, 133 members
- Mid-Century Home Brochures and Ephemera 1,475 photos, 522 members
- Let's Bowl! (vintage bowling signs) 1,058 photos, 212 members
- Vintage Road Maps 2,162 photos, 296 members
- Roadside Iowa 8,694 photos, 382 members
- Sign of the Cow (Giant Cows & Signage) 671 photos, 410 members
- Illinois Route 66 1,486 photos, 138 members
- Save the Tonga Room! 163 photos, 75 members
kindly mailbox says:
"When I first joined Flickr, I was looking for folks with similar photographic interests.....the old road and all it's colorful and quirky trappings. I was amazed when I visited Vintage Roadside's photostream. The scope and quality of his images are tremendous and I look forward to see what he comes up with next!"
February 10th, 2010
"If you like Vintage Roadside ............. well like the name implies you've found the mother lode........... Just a truly amazing collection of great roadside signs and attractions can be found right here from all over America, this type of work takes a lot of time to find, stop and take a quality photo of and you won't be disappointed with the wonderful body of work VR has put together on his stream here at flicker"
October 19th, 2009
"Jeff and Kelly are two of my favorite Flickr people. They do an outstanding job of documenting what is rapidly disappearing from the American landscape. I'm constantly checking their photostream to see what they've discovered next. Keep up the excellent work.
And say Hi to Stinky for me."
October 1st, 2009
Rusty Irons says:
"I had to write this to express my gratitude to these few photographers who have inspired me so much. These words may seem overblown, I don't know, when one has had the scales removed from their eyes, is there such a thing as too much gratitude?
I call them the "Usual Suspects" since some sort of old movie reference seems in line with the Gestalt of what these few have produced. What they do, what they have done that is important to today and to history. Simple recorders of events and things perhaps, but then so were those who left us the mystery of the petroglyphs. But in these fews efforts something of us and our past are preserved. That's important.
So to Roadsidepictures, who got the ball rolling, Allen, Thanks for making me see with new eyes. To Vintage Roadside, Jeff, you helped me to see and understand why its important. To loungelistner, Gary, thanks, you helped me do it with a new sense of joy. And to SKY✡VU, Jim, you are just an inspiration by simply being. Amazing what this one man has accomplished.
These few, these four led to others who have their own lessons to teach to those who will listen, to those who will "see": Thanks to HappyShooter, Fotoedge, Army.Arch, Julia, Alan of Marion, Dave van Hulsteyn, Dennis Dixon, Joey Harrison. Appreciating this thing called urban or Roadside America is just a big jigsaw puzzle. But I'm having way more fun putting it together."
December 1st, 2008
"Wow! I can be the first testimonial for this Master of Sign Collecting! I go to your site everyday and look with envy upon your great collections of vintage material. One day these things will all vanish but your library will keep them alive forever. I am only a few hours north in Seattle and hope to meet you one day. Maybe we can go on a shoot!"
November 18th, 2008
- August 2007
- Portland, Oregon
- Vintage Roadside