These past ten years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outofbounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2017 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- The Blue Hour Gallery 16,368 photos, 1,433 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,633 photos, 2,243 members
- Corrected Fisheye 103 photos, 5 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 112,980 photos, 7,722 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 153,926 photos, 4,456 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,514 photos, 543 members
- March for Science 3,426 photos, 146 members
- Panolapse 12 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 184 photos, 62 members
- PI DAY! 201 photos, 104 members
- Photoshopped Transit 619 photos, 13 members
- Express Art - NEW RULES 2018 (opted out) 10,146 photos, 265 members
- APOD Submissions 17,292 photos, 1,198 members
- Fence Photography 26,610 photos, 1,940 members
- Bridge Architecture 11,628 photos, 1,397 members
- Christmas Trains 1,568 photos, 140 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 102 photos, 9 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 4,239 photos, 101 members
- fogography™ 8,731 photos, 1,012 members
- northwest fog 628 photos, 83 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 262,227 photos, 58,112 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 337 photos, 28 members
- The Fake Files 1,462 photos, 92 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 33,389 photos, 432 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 432 photos, 42 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,426 photos, 85 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,379 photos, 689 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 164 photos, 13 members
- Moment Lens 761 photos, 226 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 603 photos, 108 members
- Tacoma 21,411 photos, 853 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,101 photos, 647 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 439 photos, 199 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 205 photos, 39 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,047 photos, 241 members
- TriMet 2,483 photos, 128 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 6,020 photos, 912 members
- Capture the Moon 426 photos, 102 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 35,891 photos, 2,406 members
- Ships and Vessels 229,379 photos, 12,273 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 60,000 photos, 5,805 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,186 photos, 279 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 3,431 photos, 188 members
- * Looking UP! 27,302 photos, 1,600 members
- Isolated colors 386 photos, 65 members
- Lunar Connection 1,817 photos, 317 members
- Portland Aerial Tram 452 photos, 81 members
- Flickr Lensbaby Group 8,673 photos, 671 members
- GREAT PANOS 67,384 photos, 3,710 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 57,186 photos, 4,531 members
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States