These past ten years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outofbounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2017 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of my images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- Panolapse 9 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 180 photos, 62 members
- PI DAY! 201 photos, 107 members
- Photoshopped Transit 453 photos, 12 members
- Express* 5,365 photos, 206 members
- APOD Submissions 13,712 photos, 1,015 members
- Fence Photography 23,448 photos, 1,803 members
- Bridge Architecture 7,721 photos, 1,233 members
- christmas trains 1,305 photos, 123 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 67 photos, 7 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 3,597 photos, 99 members
- fogography™ 7,946 photos, 946 members
- northwest fog 607 photos, 83 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 262,384 photos, 58,762 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 303 photos, 27 members
- The Fake Files 1,457 photos, 90 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 29,583 photos, 416 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 382 photos, 40 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,112 photos, 72 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,393 photos, 694 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 161 photos, 12 members
- Moment Lens 485 photos, 161 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 596 photos, 106 members
- Tacoma 21,078 photos, 836 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,000 photos, 629 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 446 photos, 196 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 160 photos, 31 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,027 photos, 239 members
- TriMet 2,353 photos, 119 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 6,012 photos, 847 members
- Capture the Moon 388 photos, 93 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 33,372 photos, 2,257 members
- Ships and Vessels 218,189 photos, 12,021 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 59,242 photos, 5,780 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,103 photos, 278 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 3,119 photos, 180 members
- * Looking UP! 25,550 photos, 1,540 members
- Isolated colors 371 photos, 61 members
- Lunar Connection 1,746 photos, 307 members
- Portland Aerial Tram 450 photos, 81 members
- Flickr Lensbaby Group 7,147 photos, 607 members
- GREAT PANOS 57,584 photos, 3,639 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 52,522 photos, 4,322 members
- Washington State 91,197 photos, 2,060 members
- circular fisheye 3,081 photos, 287 members
- Portland Area Rail 986 photos, 44 members
- STEAM TRAIN MECCA 39,431 photos, 545 members
- The Colours of: Autumn 519,231 photos, 20,620 members
- Fenced Friday 66,889 photos, 4,050 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 37,308 photos, 1,708 members
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States