These past ten years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outofbounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2017 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,462 photos, 2,204 members
- Corrected Fisheye 77 photos, 5 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 112,453 photos, 7,604 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 136,738 photos, 4,121 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,422 photos, 534 members
- March for Science 3,419 photos, 152 members
- Panolapse 11 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 181 photos, 63 members
- PI DAY! 201 photos, 105 members
- Photoshopped Transit 533 photos, 13 members
- Express* 8,404 photos, 242 members
- APOD Submissions 15,732 photos, 1,112 members
- Fence Photography 25,337 photos, 1,910 members
- Bridge Architecture 10,430 photos, 1,379 members
- christmas trains 1,328 photos, 127 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 69 photos, 7 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 4,074 photos, 100 members
- fogography™ 8,436 photos, 980 members
- northwest fog 610 photos, 83 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,646 photos, 58,302 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 328 photos, 28 members
- The Fake Files 1,461 photos, 90 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 31,704 photos, 425 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 404 photos, 41 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,321 photos, 81 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,381 photos, 689 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 165 photos, 12 members
- Moment Lens 629 photos, 189 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 602 photos, 107 members
- Tacoma 21,312 photos, 848 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,093 photos, 645 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 445 photos, 197 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 182 photos, 34 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,035 photos, 238 members
- TriMet 2,415 photos, 123 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 5,954 photos, 891 members
- Capture the Moon 392 photos, 98 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 35,004 photos, 2,356 members
- Ships and Vessels 223,676 photos, 12,197 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 59,964 photos, 5,807 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,127 photos, 280 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 3,277 photos, 185 members
- * Looking UP! 26,692 photos, 1,580 members
- Isolated colors 383 photos, 63 members
- Lunar Connection 1,785 photos, 314 members
- Portland Aerial Tram 450 photos, 81 members
- Flickr Lensbaby Group 7,966 photos, 650 members
- GREAT PANOS 64,527 photos, 3,689 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 55,535 photos, 4,462 members
- Washington State 94,264 photos, 2,107 members
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States