These past ten years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outofbounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2017 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- The Blue Hour Gallery 16,032 photos, 1,416 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,631 photos, 2,229 members
- Corrected Fisheye 101 photos, 5 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 112,603 photos, 7,681 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 148,927 photos, 4,369 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,486 photos, 543 members
- March for Science 3,428 photos, 148 members
- Panolapse 12 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 184 photos, 62 members
- PI DAY! 202 photos, 104 members
- Photoshopped Transit 589 photos, 13 members
- Express Art 9,756 photos, 258 members
- APOD Submissions 16,853 photos, 1,182 members
- Fence Photography 26,299 photos, 1,935 members
- Bridge Architecture 11,300 photos, 1,390 members
- Christmas Trains 1,486 photos, 135 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 94 photos, 8 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 4,213 photos, 101 members
- fogography™ 8,706 photos, 1,005 members
- northwest fog 623 photos, 83 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 262,148 photos, 58,170 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 335 photos, 28 members
- The Fake Files 1,463 photos, 92 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 32,940 photos, 431 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 428 photos, 42 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,417 photos, 84 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,382 photos, 690 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 164 photos, 12 members
- Moment Lens 695 photos, 215 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 603 photos, 108 members
- Tacoma 21,375 photos, 850 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,102 photos, 648 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 444 photos, 199 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 189 photos, 36 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,042 photos, 241 members
- TriMet 2,472 photos, 127 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 6,020 photos, 907 members
- Capture the Moon 412 photos, 103 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 35,807 photos, 2,389 members
- Ships and Vessels 228,445 photos, 12,256 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 59,974 photos, 5,803 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,180 photos, 279 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 3,464 photos, 185 members
- * Looking UP! 27,188 photos, 1,597 members
- Isolated colors 385 photos, 65 members
- Lunar Connection 1,803 photos, 316 members
- Portland Aerial Tram 452 photos, 81 members
- Flickr Lensbaby Group 8,454 photos, 663 members
- GREAT PANOS 67,172 photos, 3,705 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 56,743 photos, 4,517 members
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States