These past eleven years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outabounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2019 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app on your HDTV via a digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- Masters of creative photography. 131,467 photos, 2,933 members
- PDX Photographers 216 photos, 93 members
- Live Composite 650 photos, 161 members
- OMD EM1 mk II 12,758 photos, 338 members
- The Fog and The Rain 64,791 photos, 5,565 members
- Zone Plate 860 photos, 365 members
- Leica DG 8-18mm F2.8-4 Vario-Elmarit Panasonic 超廣角鏡頭 2,150 photos, 187 members
- Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens 1,771 photos, 256 members
- Olympus M.zuiko Digital ED 12-100 F4 PRO 6,402 photos, 307 members
- Blue Moon Camera 39,601 photos, 820 members
- Worldwide Pinhole Day 3,324 photos, 643 members
- Urban writing - no limit 8,787 photos, 554 members
- The Blue Hour Gallery 19,270 photos, 1,553 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,592 photos, 2,253 members
- Corrected Fisheye 206 photos, 7 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 115,560 photos, 8,007 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 225,153 photos, 5,425 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,555 photos, 544 members
- March for Science 3,474 photos, 151 members
- Panolapse 13 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 241 photos, 60 members
- PI DAY! 202 photos, 103 members
- Photoshopped Transit 866 photos, 14 members
- Express Art - abstract & surreal art only (opted out) 15,755 photos, 312 members
- APOD Submissions 22,555 photos, 1,409 members
- Fence Photography 29,812 photos, 2,022 members
- Bridge Architecture 14,409 photos, 1,410 members
- Christmas Trains 1,937 photos, 163 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 122 photos, 10 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 4,805 photos, 104 members
- fogography™ 9,316 photos, 1,077 members
- northwest fog 659 photos, 87 members
- Fog, rain and snow. 258,993 photos, 57,309 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 326 photos, 28 members
- The Fake Files 1,478 photos, 96 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 37,891 photos, 467 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 459 photos, 47 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,994 photos, 114 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,380 photos, 682 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 352 photos, 19 members
- Moment Lens 1,313 photos, 388 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 588 photos, 106 members
- Tacoma 21,715 photos, 844 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,250 photos, 690 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 434 photos, 199 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 260 photos, 51 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,060 photos, 244 members
- TriMet 2,542 photos, 128 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 6,134 photos, 950 members
- Capture the Moon 462 photos, 113 members
- Panther Creek Falls 16 photos
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 25 photos, 2 videos
- pi 34 photos
- NightScapes 13 photos
- Portland Holiday Express 21 photos
- Road Views 4 26 photos
- Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 12 photos
- Trail Shots 3 16 photos
- St Johns Bridge • Weather 21 photos
- Fleet Week Portland Oregon 14 photos
- Tulips 2 12 photos
- Vista House from the Women's Forum 15 photos
- Road Views 3 17 photos
- Fireworks Portland Oregon 15 photos
- Millau Viaduct 15 photos
- Tulips 1 17 photos
- Road Views 2 18 photos
- Peter Iredale 2 20 photos
- Trail Shots 2 13 photos
- Peter Iredale 18 photos
- Beacon Rock 2 15 photos
- Vista House 14 photos
- Cliffs of Cape Horn 9 photos
- Weather 16 photos
- As Time Goes By 11 photos
- Catch a falling star 8 photos
- Atmospheric perspective - Blåner 12 photos
- Moonlight Waterfalls 5 photos
- Star Trails 12 photos
- St Johns Bridge • details 13 photos
- Milky Way 14 photos
- Rainbows 2 11 photos
- Cloudscapes 9 photos
- Road Views 17 photos
- Fairy Falls 9 photos
- Natural Diptychs 10 photos
- Ape Cave 15 photos
- Rainbows 17 photos, 1 video
- Sunlight & Waterfalls 25 photos
- Dalles Mountain Ranch 14 photos
- Beacon Rock 15 photos
- Trail Shots 18 photos
- St Johns Bridge • reflections & shadows 14 photos
- St Johns Bridge • arches 27 photos
- St Johns Bridge • spans 17 photos
- Broughton Log Flume 19 photos
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States