These past ten years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outofbounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2017 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- The Blue Hour Gallery 15,460 photos, 1,395 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,578 photos, 2,220 members
- Corrected Fisheye 96 photos, 6 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 112,754 photos, 7,633 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 141,663 photos, 4,219 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,499 photos, 539 members
- March for Science 3,426 photos, 149 members
- Panolapse 11 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 184 photos, 62 members
- PI DAY! 201 photos, 104 members
- Photoshopped Transit 551 photos, 13 members
- Express* 8,949 photos, 252 members
- APOD Submissions 16,192 photos, 1,136 members
- Fence Photography 25,750 photos, 1,919 members
- Bridge Architecture 10,811 photos, 1,388 members
- christmas trains 1,429 photos, 127 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 70 photos, 7 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 4,178 photos, 101 members
- fogography™ 8,633 photos, 995 members
- northwest fog 615 photos, 83 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,860 photos, 58,242 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 331 photos, 28 members
- The Fake Files 1,461 photos, 91 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 32,190 photos, 426 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 413 photos, 42 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,375 photos, 83 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,380 photos, 689 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 165 photos, 12 members
- Moment Lens 664 photos, 197 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 602 photos, 108 members
- Tacoma 21,325 photos, 851 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,100 photos, 647 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 445 photos, 197 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 189 photos, 36 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,031 photos, 238 members
- TriMet 2,434 photos, 125 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 5,994 photos, 904 members
- Capture the Moon 397 photos, 99 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 35,343 photos, 2,378 members
- Ships and Vessels 225,724 photos, 12,230 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 59,959 photos, 5,804 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,155 photos, 280 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 3,317 photos, 186 members
- * Looking UP! 26,882 photos, 1,588 members
- Isolated colors 379 photos, 64 members
- Lunar Connection 1,799 photos, 315 members
- Portland Aerial Tram 452 photos, 81 members
- Flickr Lensbaby Group 8,185 photos, 653 members
- GREAT PANOS 65,989 photos, 3,706 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 56,118 photos, 4,485 members
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States