These past eleven years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outabounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2019 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app on your HDTV via a digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- PDX Photographers 77 photos, 76 members
- Live Composite 630 photos, 157 members
- OMD EM1 mk II 11,026 photos, 316 members
- The Fog and The Rain 57,772 photos, 5,163 members
- Zone Plate 858 photos, 364 members
- Leica DG 8-18mm F2.8-4 Vario-Elmarit Panasonic 超廣角鏡頭 1,889 photos, 176 members
- Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens 1,706 photos, 239 members
- Olympus M.zuiko Digital ED 12-100 F4 PRO 5,910 photos, 290 members
- Blue Moon Camera 39,199 photos, 816 members
- Worldwide Pinhole Day 3,318 photos, 633 members
- L’écriture urbaine No limit - The urban writing 7,604 photos, 487 members
- The Blue Hour Gallery 18,799 photos, 1,538 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,611 photos, 2,252 members
- Corrected Fisheye 191 photos, 7 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 114,510 photos, 7,959 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 213,591 photos, 5,305 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,551 photos, 547 members
- March for Science 3,474 photos, 151 members
- Panolapse 13 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 241 photos, 60 members
- PI DAY! 199 photos, 103 members
- Photoshopped Transit 819 photos, 14 members
- Express Art - abstract & surreal art only (opted out) 14,708 photos, 304 members
- APOD Submissions 21,692 photos, 1,382 members
- Fence Photography 29,100 photos, 2,003 members
- Bridge Architecture 13,873 photos, 1,412 members
- Christmas Trains 1,969 photos, 162 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 122 photos, 10 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 4,693 photos, 104 members
- fogography™ 9,191 photos, 1,070 members
- northwest fog 660 photos, 87 members
- Fog, rain and snow. 259,114 photos, 57,404 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 319 photos, 28 members
- The Fake Files 1,475 photos, 95 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 36,863 photos, 459 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 452 photos, 47 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,859 photos, 108 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,386 photos, 684 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 344 photos, 19 members
- Moment Lens 1,208 photos, 369 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 588 photos, 107 members
- Tacoma 21,616 photos, 850 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,255 photos, 686 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 437 photos, 200 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 257 photos, 50 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,065 photos, 244 members
- TriMet 2,532 photos, 127 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 6,100 photos, 942 members
- Capture the Moon 447 photos, 111 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 36,220 photos, 2,530 members
- Panther Creek Falls 16 photos
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 25 photos, 2 videos
- pi 31 photos
- NightScapes 13 photos
- Portland Holiday Express 21 photos
- Road Views 4 25 photos
- Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 12 photos
- Trail Shots 3 16 photos
- St Johns Bridge • Weather 21 photos
- Fleet Week Portland Oregon 14 photos
- Tulips 2 12 photos
- Vista House from the Women's Forum 15 photos
- Road Views 3 17 photos
- Fireworks Portland Oregon 15 photos
- Millau Viaduct 15 photos
- Tulips 1 17 photos
- Road Views 2 18 photos
- Peter Iredale 2 20 photos
- Trail Shots 2 13 photos
- Peter Iredale 18 photos
- Beacon Rock 2 15 photos
- Vista House 14 photos
- Cliffs of Cape Horn 9 photos
- Weather 16 photos
- As Time Goes By 11 photos
- Catch a falling star 8 photos
- Atmospheric perspective - Blåner 12 photos
- Moonlight Waterfalls 5 photos
- Star Trails 12 photos
- St Johns Bridge • details 13 photos
- Milky Way 14 photos
- Rainbows 2 11 photos
- Cloudscapes 9 photos
- Road Views 17 photos
- Fairy Falls 10 photos
- Natural Diptychs 10 photos
- Ape Cave 15 photos
- Rainbows 17 photos, 1 video
- Sunlight & Waterfalls 25 photos
- Dalles Mountain Ranch 14 photos
- Beacon Rock 15 photos
- Trail Shots 18 photos
- St Johns Bridge • reflections & shadows 14 photos
- St Johns Bridge • arches 27 photos
- St Johns Bridge • spans 17 photos
- Broughton Log Flume 19 photos
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States