These past ten years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outabounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2017 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- Zone Plate 835 photos, 358 members
- Leica DG 8-18mm F2.8-4 Vario-Elmarit Panasonic 超廣角鏡頭 1,312 photos, 137 members
- Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 8mm f/1.8 Fisheye PRO Lens 1,514 photos, 214 members
- Olympus M.zuiko Digital ED 12-100 F4 PRO 4,020 photos, 244 members
- Blue Moon Camera 38,173 photos, 807 members
- Worldwide Pinhole Day 3,302 photos, 634 members
- Les murs s’expriment No 30/60 limit - Walls express themselves 4,622 photos, 288 members
- The Blue Hour Gallery 17,672 photos, 1,480 members
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 - NASA 3,660 photos, 2,245 members
- Corrected Fisheye 139 photos, 7 members
- Urban Minimalism - 3 Images per day 114,806 photos, 7,842 members
- Sign of the Times (All Types of Signs) 183,993 photos, 4,929 members
- Solar Eclipse 2017 USA 1,540 photos, 545 members
- March for Science 3,480 photos, 151 members
- Panolapse 13 photos, 2 members
- We love π !!! 247 photos, 63 members
- PI DAY! 204 photos, 104 members
- Photoshopped Transit 697 photos, 13 members
- Express Art - NEW RULES 2018 (opted out) 12,750 photos, 293 members
- APOD Submissions 19,172 photos, 1,283 members
- Fence Photography 27,831 photos, 1,964 members
- Bridge Architecture 12,983 photos, 1,408 members
- Christmas Trains 1,628 photos, 139 members
- Portland Holiday Express Train 102 photos, 9 members
- Light and Colour in the Open Air 4,452 photos, 102 members
- fogography™ 8,978 photos, 1,030 members
- northwest fog 642 photos, 85 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 261,324 photos, 57,740 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 342 photos, 28 members
- The Fake Files 1,468 photos, 95 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 35,471 photos, 446 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 441 photos, 45 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 1,574 photos, 96 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,407 photos, 689 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 253 photos, 16 members
- Moment Lens 978 photos, 304 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 602 photos, 108 members
- Tacoma 21,585 photos, 860 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 1,128 photos, 651 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 437 photos, 200 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 237 photos, 46 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,039 photos, 242 members
- TriMet 2,536 photos, 128 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 6,020 photos, 924 members
- Capture the Moon 412 photos, 107 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 37,040 photos, 2,478 members
- Ships and Vessels 238,359 photos, 12,368 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 62,450 photos, 5,905 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,215 photos, 283 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 3,664 photos, 191 members
- Panther Creek Falls 16 photos
- Total Solar Eclipse 2017 25 photos, 2 videos
- pi 31 photos
- NightScapes 18 photos
- St Johns Bridge • arches 2 9 photos
- Portland Holiday Express 2 4 photos
- Portland Holiday Express 17 photos
- Road Views 4 24 photos
- Portland Adult Soapbox Derby 12 photos
- Trail Shots 3 15 photos
- St Johns Bridge • Weather 18 photos
- Fleet Week Portland Oregon 14 photos
- Tulips 2 12 photos
- Vista House from the Women's Forum 15 photos
- Road Views 3 18 photos
- Fireworks Portland Oregon 15 photos
- Millau Viaduct 15 photos
- Tulips 1 17 photos
- Road Views 2 18 photos
- Peter Iredale 2 19 photos
- Trail Shots 2 14 photos
- Peter Iredale 18 photos
- Beacon Rock 2 14 photos
- Vista House 14 photos
- Cliffs of Cape Horn 9 photos
- Weather 16 photos
- As Time Goes By 11 photos
- Catch a falling star 8 photos
- Atmospheric perspective - Blåner 12 photos
- Moonlight Waterfalls 5 photos
- Star Trails 13 photos
- St Johns Bridge • details 8 photos
- Milky Way 16 photos
- Rainbows 2 12 photos
- Cloudscapes 9 photos
- Road Views 17 photos
- Fairy Falls 10 photos
- Natural Diptychs 11 photos
- Ape Cave 14 photos
- Rainbows 17 photos, 1 video
- Sunlight & Waterfalls 23 photos
- Dalles Mountain Ranch 14 photos
- Beacon Rock 15 photos
- Trail Shots 18 photos
- St Johns Bridge • reflections & shadows 14 photos
- St Johns Bridge • arches 18 photos
- St Johns Bridge • spans 17 photos
- Broughton Log Flume 19 photos
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States