These past nine years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outofbounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2016 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of my images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- fogography™ 6,984 photos, 866 members
- northwest fog 577 photos, 84 members
- Fog and Rain (curated) 257,932 photos, 58,475 members
- POLAR COORDINATES 281 photos, 25 members
- The Fake Files 854 photos, 88 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 26,963 photos, 405 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 317 photos, 35 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 749 photos, 60 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,374 photos, 691 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 104 photos, 10 members
- OMSI 360 photos, 29 members
- Moment Lens 376 photos, 135 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 596 photos, 104 members
- Tacoma 20,821 photos, 826 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 932 photos, 629 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 464 photos, 195 members
- Sundogs / 22° halo-Atmospheric Phenomenon 121 photos, 27 members
- Jackson Pollock 1,015 photos, 234 members
- TriMet 2,257 photos, 117 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 5,949 photos, 780 members
- Capture the Moon 325 photos, 73 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 32,058 photos, 2,176 members
- Ships and Vessels 210,215 photos, 11,850 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 56,795 photos, 5,678 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,054 photos, 266 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 2,926 photos, 173 members
- * Looking UP! 24,012 photos, 1,477 members
- Isolated colors 363 photos, 60 members
- Lunar Connection 1,660 photos, 278 members
- Portland Aerial Tram 450 photos, 78 members
- Flickr Lensbaby Group 6,106 photos, 531 members
- GREAT PANOS 49,702 photos, 3,568 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 48,487 photos, 4,128 members
- Washington State 89,170 photos, 2,012 members
- circular fisheye 3,025 photos, 285 members
- Portland Area Rail 822 photos, 39 members
- STEAM TRAIN MECCA 33,702 photos, 511 members
- The Colours of: Autumn 506,269 photos, 20,308 members
- Fenced Friday 61,730 photos, 3,732 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 32,970 photos, 1,582 members
- Streetcars and Light Rail in North America 11,245 photos, 308 members
- Portland Streetcar 442 photos, 95 members
- Sky Meets Water 2,324 photos, 498 members
- iPhone Low Light Photography 2,509 photos, 275 members
- Painting ... with Light 21,458 photos, 2,117 members
- Fremont Bridge, Portland 289 photos, 34 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 25,951 photos, 5,212 members
- Taking A Fence 5,781 photos, 648 members
- Ross Island Bridge • Portland, OR 163 photos, 15 members
- PhotoPills 299 photos, 69 members
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States