These past nine years I've been very lucky to meet and shoot with a number of local photographers who enjoy finding beauty and humor in any location urban or landscape, day or night.
Although I've been taking pictures for most of my life and have worked with Photoshop since version 2.5, improving never stops... and I continue to learn from and be inspired by many of the photos I see here on flickr and elsewhere online.
Looking forward to reading your comments (please no flickr "bling" or Explore kudos) and seeing your photos here on flickr.
Special Thanks to Ted Ducker /outofbounds for the icon photo.
Fine Print / Copyright Please do not use any of my images without my written permission. All work is Copyright ©1995-2016 Victor von Salza, all rights reserved.
If you make money from your website, brochures, or writing please do not ask for "free" use of my images. Between release/license forms, email, resizing and uploading files, even "free" images can easily take several hours. And once an image is given for free, it only leads to more requests for "free" images, almost never to an offer to pay for use of some future photo.
If your time and effort are worth money, so too are the photos that you would like to use to help make your endeavors a success, as is the time photographers professional or amateur put into creating and delivering them.
The least expensive way to see my photos large on a wall is by using a flickr app for your HDTV or digital media player such as an Apple TV.
- The Fake Files 849 photos, 88 members
- The Oregon Photographer's Group 25,764 photos, 398 members
- Sellwood Bridge • Portland Oregon 306 photos, 34 members
- The Ethereal Long Exposure Group. 675 photos, 57 members
- Peeps-tastic! 2,389 photos, 690 members
- Portland Winter Light Festival 99 photos, 10 members
- OMSI 338 photos, 29 members
- Moment Lens 365 photos, 126 members
- Museum of Glass Tacoma, WA 596 photos, 104 members
- Tacoma 20,691 photos, 825 members
- NASA Lunar Eclipse Group 914 photos, 627 members
- Total Lunar Eclipse September 27-28 2015 466 photos, 194 members
- Sundogs Atmospheric Phenomenon 116 photos, 27 members
- Jackson Pollock 992 photos, 234 members
- TriMet 2,196 photos, 116 members
- Blue Hour Party - Only the best at twilight 5,654 photos, 764 members
- Capture the Moon 312 photos, 72 members
- Naval ships, navy ships and warships 31,562 photos, 2,151 members
- Ships and Vessels 206,543 photos, 11,789 members
- Cherry blossoms 桜 56,745 photos, 5,678 members
- Architecture of Portland, Oregon USA 2,034 photos, 262 members
- The 844steamtrain Flickr Group 2,860 photos, 173 members
- * Looking UP! 23,522 photos, 1,456 members
- Isolated colors 363 photos, 60 members
- Lunar Connection 1,639 photos, 269 members
- Portland Aerial Tram 449 photos, 78 members
- Flickr Lensbaby Group 5,628 photos, 508 members
- GREAT PANOS 46,529 photos, 3,530 members
- The Blue Hour (please read rules) 47,072 photos, 4,069 members
- Washington State 87,849 photos, 1,997 members
- circular fisheye 2,952 photos, 284 members
- Portland Area Rail 701 photos, 38 members
- STEAM TRAIN MECCA 30,985 photos, 497 members
- The Colours of: Summer 495,654 photos, 20,129 members
- Fenced Friday 59,890 photos, 3,626 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 31,392 photos, 1,518 members
- Streetcars and Light Rail in North America 10,316 photos, 300 members
- Portland Streetcar 408 photos, 93 members
- Sky Meets Water 2,329 photos, 493 members
- iPhone Low Light Photography 2,489 photos, 276 members
- Painting ... with Light 21,021 photos, 2,103 members
- Fremont Bridge, Portland 277 photos, 32 members
- Aurora (Borealis and Australis) 25,125 photos, 5,096 members
- Taking A Fence 5,589 photos, 636 members
- Ross Island Bridge • Portland, OR 160 photos, 16 members
- PhotoPills 208 photos, 55 members
- AvgNite Cam: Average+Night Camera 16 photos, 13 members
- Portland's Bancorp Tower 250 photos, 24 members
- Big Pink 103 photos, 11 members
- OverCam App 143 photos, 17 members
bob eddings says:
"portland is a raw, beautiful, vibrant place in which to live or visit and no one captures that beauty and spirit any better than victor. he should be on everyone's short list of those whose images are truly representative of this special place.
his photo sets include a lot of helpful how-to's and, even on a humorous note, his ongoing "bridlemile dude" set has become somewhat of a local tradition guaranteed to make you smile.
hardly a day goes by when an image victor posts doesn't stop me dead in my tracks. there's good and, then, there's victor-good. if you're a local image maker from portland, you probably already know that. if not, do yourself a big favor and let his images grace and elevate your daily contact pool."
February 27th, 2012
"I first met Victor when he came with a friend of mine on a bushwhack out in the Gorge. It was a pretty epic bushwhack, and I really appreciated his outlook and humor. Later, it was simply marvelous to see his super-unique take on the places we visited. He's always up for a trip, an experiment, a new way to look at things. He's also one of the most disarmingly genuine people I've ever met--truly a joy to be around.
Thanks for sharing, Victor! Keep up the good work!"
March 23rd, 2009
"Victor is such a great guy, it's hard to know what to point out about him and his photography he shares here on flickr. I can start by saying that he's great to go shooting with, the man is ALWAYS prepared! When it comes to what he posts, rather than just share a photo, he frequently dissects how he arrived at the final image, giving newbies or Photoshop enthusiasts a new technique to try. His comparison shots are a valuable tool alone, seeing the different end-results of various shutter and aperture combinations - you could learn a lot from frequenting his photostream. I highly recommend it!"
January 23rd, 2009
"Victor is a truly kind and generous individual as well as a knowledgable and highly skilled photographer. Not only is he constantly pushing the envelope and finding new ways to both shoot and process images, but he is then more than willing to show you how to do it yourself. Thanks for all of your work and inspiration Victor."
October 1st, 2008
- Victor von Salza
- March 2007
- Portland, Oregon, United States