June 23, 2015: I'm now an official resident of Watford City, North Dakota while working in the Bakken oil field hauling water (freshwater to drilling and frac sites and saltwater from oil well sites to disposals). There is the added benefit of this being a great "base" for going to nearby regions in South Dakota (the Black Hills, especially), western Montana and Wyoming, etc., in addition to shooting in nearby Theodore Roosevelt National Park and other areas of North Dakota.
February 21, 2011: ALL of the images within this account are copyrighted and should be considered intellectual property. If you wish to use my images for any purpose, you must have my permission for it to be legal, otherwise you are stealing. If you are an educational outlet, I generally have no issues with your use of my images if you email me for permission. If you wish to use my images for a commercial purpose, please email me so that appropriate arrangements may be made. If I DO discover stolen images (be it on the web or in print), I will not hesitate to take legal action to recover any losses to which I may be entitled. Thank you all for understanding (I had hoped such a disclaimer might never be necessary!)... :-)
November 11, 2011: On the subject of the Flickr groups that I join and enjoy most, I tend to avoid those groups that utilize a lot of flashy comment/invite/award codes. I find these to be rather impersonal much of the time and such codes tend to litter one's comments, making "real" comments more challenging to sort from the code-clutter. I do occasionally become a member or add to such groups following an invitation but I'd much prefer those groups that invite real human comments and interaction. I enjoy sharing my work and receiving comments as much as any other person (who doesn't, eh?) but I shall always favor quality over quantity. This applies equally to my contacts and I thank each and every one for the inspiration and feedback they provide.
What does "VFR" stand for, since it's obviously not my initials? "Visual Flight Rules"... Tis an aviation term that seemed to apply equally to aerial photography flights, which was the original intent for opening this particular Flickr account to share some of the aerial work. It's obviously expanded a wee bit beyond simply aerial images but the name seems to have stuck much like an airname would have back in my days in radio.
I'm a long-time resident of Clarksville, TN, presently working a civilian transportation contract at Ft. Campbell, going to school to finish my bachelors at night (better late than never, eh?) and shooting aerial photographs whenever my pilot friend and I have the opportunity.
I opened this account at the suggestion of a few that have followed my work via www.panoramio.com/user/2401160 . The images posted on Panoramio should all be posted here now, and I shall also be doing some additional color correction upon a few of those as time permits. The vast majority of my Panoramio images may also be found displayed on Google Earth. Thanks so much for the support from those that have commented and enjoyed my images. Please feel free to comment upon any images that pique your interest and constructive criticism is always welcome, as well!
All of the images within this account were taken by me (with the exception of any shots of myself) and certainly demonstrate the "learning curve" I've endeavored to overcome while using both an Olympus E-1 in the earliest images, and an Olympus E-510 I purchased early in 2008 that is now my full-time digital SLR. Comments are always welcome and appreciated!
By the way, any images relating to my work at Ft. Campbell will be of the most generic nature in both content and any related description in order to play things safe. These images are not the main focus of my sharing and are intended to be artistic in nature only.
- National Register of Historic Places 51,055 photos, 932 members
- just trucks 1,629 photos, 199 members
- Un-enhanced American West 20,217 photos, 780 members
- Montana’s Official Group 8,977 photos, 1,371 members
- Railfan Atlas 48,936 photos, 462 members
- *Earth *Nature *Life 98,499 photos, 2,222 members
- RAILROAD 1 8,029 photos, 667 members
- THE IMAGINATIVE CAMERA 44,356 photos, 2,193 members
- Great American Landscapes 8,206 photos, 740 members
- Golden Landscape, Only The Best ! (Post 1, Comment 1) 71,117 photos, 6,672 members
- Clouds, Storms, Sunsets & Sunrises 385,669 photos, 21,394 members
- Geotagged: Minnesota 2,587 photos, 69 members
- In flight planes cockpits 69 photos, 12 members
- Trains in the Powder River Basin 154 photos, 58 members
- Transport In The Frame 551,201 photos, 2,178 members
- Transportation 284,855 photos, 1,717 members
- Landschaften aus der ganzen Welt 3,024 photos, 162 members
- My Favourite photo - la mia foto preferita 41,628 photos, 3,127 members
- Down the Road 6,729 photos, 689 members
- Portland Union Station 126 photos, 33 members
- Amtrak Long Distance Trains 2,920 photos, 162 members
- Empire Builder 1,311 photos, 105 members
- I love Amtrak 21,417 photos, 1,036 members
- Havre Montana ( Amtrak ) 73 photos, 17 members
- Amtrak Top Shots 1,762 photos, 324 members
- Amtrak Cascades 737 photos, 118 members
- Newport Oregon 935 photos, 114 members
- Oregon Lighthouses 1,870 photos, 550 members
- The Heart Of The Oregon Coast 4,060 photos, 293 members
- Oceanscapes 13,857 photos, 859 members
- Pacific Northwest Landscapes 2,085 photos, 222 members
- OCEANS One 2,050 photos, 198 members
- Pacific Seascapes 4,757 photos, 497 members
- Pacific Ocean 31,817 photos, 1,835 members
- Bingen / White Salmon Washington ( Amtrak ) 34 photos, 9 members
- Geotagged: Idaho 1,362 photos, 101 members
- Geotagged : Washington State 4,594 photos, 97 members
- GeoTag Oregon 2,977 photos, 95 members
- Northwest Exploristas 290 photos, 14 members
- Geotagged: Nebraska 454 photos, 22 members
- Arkansas Railroads 691 photos, 41 members
- Showcase: Landscape and Monuments 5,257 photos, 374 members
- Montana Railroads 5,361 photos, 180 members
- BNSF - Burlington Northern Santa Fe 27,229 photos, 820 members
- CERUL DE DEASUPRA NOASTRA ... / THE SKY ABOVE US 28,263 photos, 880 members
- Warbonnets, Yellowbonnets, and Blue Bonnets 2,679 photos, 219 members
- US National Historic Landmarks 13,011 photos, 624 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 144,572 photos, 7,886 members
- STORMSCAPES 14,649 photos, 1,686 members
- SUSTAINABLE MINING 4,348 photos, 180 members
VFR Photography doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Johnnie Welborn Jr.
- February 2010
- Beaumont, Texas
- Watford City, North Dakota, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- My Panoramio (Google Earth) images