February 21, 2011: ALL of the images within this account are copyrighted and should be considered intellectual property. If you wish to use my images for any purpose, you must have my permission for it to be legal, otherwise you are stealing. If you are an educational outlet, I generally have no issues with your use of my images if you email me for permission. If you wish to use my images for a commercial purpose, please email me so that appropriate arrangements may be made. If I DO discover stolen images (be it on the web or in print), I will not hesitate to take legal action to recover any losses to which I may be entitled. Thank you all for understanding (I had hoped such a disclaimer might never be necessary!)... :-)
November 11, 2011: On the subject of the Flickr groups that I join and enjoy most, I tend to avoid those groups that utilize a lot of flashy comment/invite/award codes. I find these to be rather impersonal much of the time and such codes tend to litter one's comments, making "real" comments more challenging to sort from the code-clutter. I do occasionally become a member or add to such groups following an invitation but I'd much prefer those groups that invite real human comments and interaction. I enjoy sharing my work and receiving comments as much as any other person (who doesn't, eh?) but I shall always favor quality over quantity. This applies equally to my contacts and I thank each and every one for the inspiration and feedback they provide.
What does "VFR" stand for, since it's obviously not my initials? "Visual Flight Rules"... Tis an aviation term that seemed to apply equally to aerial photography flights, which was the original intent for opening this particular Flickr account to share some of the aerial work. It's obviously expanded a wee bit beyond simply aerial images but the name seems to have stuck much like an airname would have back in my days in radio.
I'm a long-time resident of Clarksville, TN, presently working a civilian transportation contract at Ft. Campbell, going to school to finish my bachelors at night (better late than never, eh?) and shooting aerial photographs whenever my pilot friend and I have the opportunity.
I opened this account at the suggestion of a few that have followed my work via www.panoramio.com/user/2401160 . The images posted on Panoramio should all be posted here now, and I shall also be doing some additional color correction upon a few of those as time permits. The vast majority of my Panoramio images may also be found displayed on Google Earth. Thanks so much for the support from those that have commented and enjoyed my images. Please feel free to comment upon any images that pique your interest and constructive criticism is always welcome, as well!
All of the images within this account were taken by me (with the exception of any shots of myself) and certainly demonstrate the "learning curve" I've endeavored to overcome while using both an Olympus E-1 in the earliest images, and an Olympus E-510 I purchased early in 2008 that is now my full-time digital SLR. Comments are always welcome and appreciated!
By the way, any images relating to my work at Ft. Campbell will be of the most generic nature in both content and any related description in order to play things safe. These images are not the main focus of my sharing and are intended to be artistic in nature only.
- Landschaften aus der ganzen Welt 67 photos, 9 members
- My Favourite photo - la mia foto preferita 5,456 photos, 833 members
- Down the Road 4,888 photos, 492 members
- Portland Union Station 123 photos, 28 members
- Amtrak Long Distance Trains 2,644 photos, 148 members
- Empire Builder 1,223 photos, 92 members
- I love Amtrak 19,833 photos, 999 members
- Havre Montana ( Amtrak ) 73 photos, 15 members
- Amtrak Top Shots 1,687 photos, 301 members
- Amtrak Cascades 670 photos, 108 members
- Newport Oregon 802 photos, 109 members
- Oregon Lighthouses 1,741 photos, 525 members
- The Heart Of The Oregon Coast 3,566 photos, 280 members
- Oceanscapes 13,074 photos, 821 members
- Pacific Northwest Landscapes 1,743 photos, 193 members
- OCEANS One 2,013 photos, 188 members
- Pacific Seascapes 4,174 photos, 451 members
- Pacific Ocean 30,854 photos, 1,761 members
- Bingen / White Salmon Washington ( Amtrak ) 33 photos, 7 members
- Geotagged: Idaho 1,286 photos, 95 members
- Geotagged : Washington State 4,210 photos, 95 members
- GeoTag Oregon 2,320 photos, 88 members
- Northwest Exploristas 275 photos, 14 members
- Geotagged: Nebraska 344 photos, 19 members
- Arkansas Railroads 438 photos, 26 members
- Showcase: Landscape and Monuments 3,859 photos, 252 members
- Montana Railroads 5,189 photos, 173 members
- BNSF - Burlington Northern Santa Fe 24,728 photos, 757 members
- CERUL DE DEASUPRA NOASTRA ... / THE SKY ABOVE US 26,155 photos, 873 members
- Warbonnets, Yellowbonnets, and Blue Bonnets 2,323 photos, 201 members
- US National Historic Landmarks 12,008 photos, 611 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 130,540 photos, 7,279 members
- STORMSCAPES 12,636 photos, 1,360 members
- National Parks & National Monuments (USA) - LANDSCAPE ONLY! 6,093 photos, 703 members
- SUSTAINABLE MINING 4,339 photos, 164 members
- The Great White North 10,909 photos, 240 members
- Geotagged: South Dakota 736 photos, 31 members
- Geotagged: Wyoming 1,275 photos, 57 members
- Geotagged: Tennessee 772 photos, 33 members
- Geotagged: North Dakota 1,300 photos, 43 members
- Geotagged: Montana 6,244 photos, 83 members
- geotagged: Indiana 4,917 photos, 64 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 6,120 photos, 90 members
- Around Alabama 208 photos, 11 members
- The Black Hills of South Dakota 4,870 photos, 458 members
- Best of U.S. National Parks 16,010 photos, 2,202 members
- South Dakota Parks - National, State, County and City Parks 2,872 photos, 256 members
- South Dakota 21,606 photos, 1,046 members
- Wind Cave National Park 82 photos, 16 members
- Gallery of Steel: International Railway Art Exhibition 1,303 photos, 244 members
VFR Photography doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Johnnie Welborn Jr.
- February 2010
- Beaumont, Texas
- Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- My Panoramio (Google Earth) images