February 21, 2011: ALL of the images within this account are copyrighted and should be considered intellectual property. If you wish to use my images for any purpose, you must have my permission for it to be legal, otherwise you are stealing. If you are an educational outlet, I generally have no issues with your use of my images if you email me for permission. If you wish to use my images for a commercial purpose, please email me so that appropriate arrangements may be made. If I DO discover stolen images (be it on the web or in print), I will not hesitate to take legal action to recover any losses to which I may be entitled. Thank you all for understanding (I had hoped such a disclaimer might never be necessary!)... :-)
November 11, 2011: On the subject of the Flickr groups that I join and enjoy most, I tend to avoid those groups that utilize a lot of flashy comment/invite/award codes. I find these to be rather impersonal much of the time and such codes tend to litter one's comments, making "real" comments more challenging to sort from the code-clutter. I do occasionally become a member or add to such groups following an invitation but I'd much prefer those groups that invite real human comments and interaction. I enjoy sharing my work and receiving comments as much as any other person (who doesn't, eh?) but I shall always favor quality over quantity. This applies equally to my contacts and I thank each and every one for the inspiration and feedback they provide.
What does "VFR" stand for, since it's obviously not my initials? "Visual Flight Rules"... Tis an aviation term that seemed to apply equally to aerial photography flights, which was the original intent for opening this particular Flickr account to share some of the aerial work. It's obviously expanded a wee bit beyond simply aerial images but the name seems to have stuck much like an airname would have back in my days in radio.
I'm a long-time resident of Clarksville, TN, presently working a civilian transportation contract at Ft. Campbell, going to school to finish my bachelors at night (better late than never, eh?) and shooting aerial photographs whenever my pilot friend and I have the opportunity.
I opened this account at the suggestion of a few that have followed my work via www.panoramio.com/user/2401160 . The images posted on Panoramio should all be posted here now, and I shall also be doing some additional color correction upon a few of those as time permits. The vast majority of my Panoramio images may also be found displayed on Google Earth. Thanks so much for the support from those that have commented and enjoyed my images. Please feel free to comment upon any images that pique your interest and constructive criticism is always welcome, as well!
All of the images within this account were taken by me (with the exception of any shots of myself) and certainly demonstrate the "learning curve" I've endeavored to overcome while using both an Olympus E-1 in the earliest images, and an Olympus E-510 I purchased early in 2008 that is now my full-time digital SLR. Comments are always welcome and appreciated!
By the way, any images relating to my work at Ft. Campbell will be of the most generic nature in both content and any related description in order to play things safe. These images are not the main focus of my sharing and are intended to be artistic in nature only.
- Geotagged: Nebraska 321 photos, 17 members
- Arkansas Railroads 393 photos, 22 members
- Showcase: Landscape and Monuments 2,858 photos, 201 members
- Montana Railroads 5,113 photos, 169 members
- BNSF - Burlington Northern Santa Fe 24,063 photos, 741 members
- CERUL DE DEASUPRA NOASTRA ... / THE SKY ABOVE US 24,377 photos, 849 members
- Warbonnets, Yellowbonnets, and Blue Bonnets 2,140 photos, 195 members
- US National Historic Landmarks 11,824 photos, 597 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 127,644 photos, 7,150 members
- STORMSCAPES 12,165 photos, 1,295 members
- National Parks & National Monuments (USA) - LANDSCAPE ONLY! 5,941 photos, 696 members
- SUSTAINABLE MINING 4,338 photos, 163 members
- The Great White North 10,895 photos, 239 members
- Geotagged: South Dakota 731 photos, 29 members
- Geotagged: Wyoming 1,243 photos, 56 members
- Geotagged: Tennessee 744 photos, 33 members
- Geotagged: North Dakota 1,294 photos, 42 members
- Geotagged: Montana 6,203 photos, 82 members
- geotagged: Indiana 4,866 photos, 63 members
- Geotagged: Illinois 6,120 photos, 90 members
- Around Alabama 208 photos, 10 members
- The Black Hills of South Dakota 4,843 photos, 454 members
- Best of U.S. National Parks 15,482 photos, 2,131 members
- South Dakota Parks - National, State, County and City Parks 2,731 photos, 248 members
- South Dakota 21,148 photos, 1,039 members
- Wind Cave National Park 82 photos, 16 members
- Gallery of Steel: International Railway Art Exhibition 1,295 photos, 239 members
- Landscapes Naturally 2,992 photos, 1,093 members
- Telegraph Tuesday 2,141 photos, 307 members
- A Cinematic World (Admin Invited Photos Only) 7,720 photos, 1,286 members
- Abandoned 847,052 photos, 59,362 members
- John Deere 8,543 photos, 1,050 members
- Tractors and Other Farm Equipment 34,431 photos, 3,501 members
- "Development" 381 photos, 33 members
- Oil Well 5,075 photos, 588 members
- U.S. National Parks 152,955 photos, 14,076 members
- National Parks, Monuments and Historical Sites 44,949 photos, 2,041 members
- WOODEN! 1,254 photos, 95 members
- Wyoming 26,022 photos, 892 members
- ~Wyoming Photography Pool--all your Wyoming photos~ 9,491 photos, 147 members
- Wyoming Landscapes 446 photos, 123 members
- Eastern Montana Scenes 781 photos, 24 members
- (Insert small town name here) Montana 2,324 photos, 190 members
- Montana Scenes 1,170 photos, 147 members
- 'MONTANA' - the Last Best Place and original Big Sky Country 2,288 photos, 249 members
- Montana Photography 33,759 photos, 1,630 members
- Dakota Railroads 1,016 photos, 49 members
- Silent Decay USA: North 5,654 photos, 85 members
- North & South Dakota Photography 15,365 photos, 298 members
- North Dakota Photographers 7,937 photos, 120 members
VFR Photography doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Johnnie Welborn Jr.
- February 2010
- Beaumont, Texas
- Clarksville, Tennessee, United States
- I am:
- Male and Single
- My Panoramio (Google Earth) images