If you post my photos anywhere, please do not type on them or edit them in any other way, and, obviously, please credit them.
I'm Noukka Signe
I want to capture emotions, I want to tell stories. I want you to either want to be in the moment of photo, or for you to recognize the feeling of the captured moment. I want to make normal things look pretty. I want daily things to touch you.
Most importantly, I want to make you feel when you're looking through my stream.
I am a twenty year-old Communication & Media Design student in the Netherlands,
Canon PowerShot A610,
Canon EOS RebelXTi,
Canon IXUS 80IS,
Canon EOS 60D (Oct 2011)
18-55mm f/3.5 lens,
Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens,
Canon 50mm f/1.4 lens,
Sigma 17-85mm f/2.8-f/4.0
Available for assignments
Frequently Asked Questions
DeviantArt Print store
buy my work on redbubble as postcards, greeting cards, posters, etc. :)
I strongly recommend using my email address if it's important and you really want an answer. FlickR mail tends to be forgotten...
- YAP Street Photography 1 photo, 6 members
- Hanker Magazine Community Submissions 206 photos, 105 members
- Let's Get Creative 2014! 1,315 photos, 657 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,619 photos, 15,186 members
- 121clicks 12,073 photos, 4,796 members
- we are drifters 1,155 photos, 334 members
- Wild Young Hearts 2,784 photos, 302 members
- Call for submissions: Unicorn/dream magazine 1,744 photos, 712 members
- Flickr Friday 8,551 photos, 13,250 members
- Euphorìa Magazine 726 photos, 687 members
- Phlearn 21,458 photos, 2,091 members
- 2010 365-ers 140 photos, 46 members
- Funky Flickr People on Facebook 26 photos, 19 members
- We Are The Wild Ones 431 photos, 53 members
- vegetarian-project 4 photos, 27 members
- Fstoppers 65,120 photos, 4,677 members
- Canon Masters 2011 646 photos, 337 members
- 365 Days Project 546,727 photos, 10,376 members
- 30 Day Photography Challenge 769 photos, 198 members
- Listography 312 photos, 104 members
- 52 Weeks 57,313 photos, 5,925 members
- Reflections - Αντανακλάσεις 3,888 photos, 615 members
- Play of Light and Life 1,150 photos, 319 members
- this is how I feel today* 8,270 photos, 542 members
- [ s e l f - p o r t r a i t s ] 104,600 photos, 6,992 members
- Artistic Self-Portraits 200,378 photos, 16,894 members
- warm colors 2,263 photos, 308 members
- its just a dream 31,787 photos, 1,915 members
- the enchanted land 26,135 photos, 1,504 members
- Self Taught Photographers - LOOK AT DISCUSSIONS FIRST! 1,303,789 photos, 53,527 members
- anything is ok 44,064 photos, 568 members
- under 21 12,627 photos, 700 members
- young and inspired 132,793 photos, 4,542 members
- Yes, i'm a dreamer. 215,801 photos, 8,176 members
- teen portraits 18,297 photos, 1,972 members
- Simply Silhouettes. 4,065 photos, 655 members
- silhouette 321,507 photos, 45,319 members
- Girl Photographers 823,315 photos, 34,536 members
- Black and White 5,852,363 photos, 283,077 members
- Text It 7,429 photos, 988 members
- word-wise 893 photos, 353 members
- The written word 2,699 photos, 258 members
- Written Words 6,127 photos, 749 members
- Words and Art 17,190 photos, 717 members
- Self Portraits 122,587 photos, 10,000 members
"You are the person on flickr I get most excited about when they upload new photos and I am not just saying that.
(This is obviously not everything I have to say about you and your work, but I felt like putting that out there today.)"
19th May, 2012
I've always wanted to write you a testimonial. I thought it would be a great opportunity to do so after you finished your 365. Because for me you are more than a really great and talented photographer. You supported me throughout my own 365. When you stopped shooting daily (already almost a year ago!) I still tried to finish mine but things just weren't the same. You always supported me when I felt like I got stuck and you never gave up hope that I could and would finish.
I think the biggest difference between us is that you never really stopped taking pictures (nor thought about throwing your camera in the trash). So here's your well-deserved testimonial. I thought I would write it now so you know I support you and your 365, 2.0. And please, Noukka, do never stop taking pictures because what you do is great, beautiful, gorgeous, breathtaking and so much more. I believe in you, with all my heart.
I'll see you around :)"
31st May, 2011
Lana Isabella says:
Your photography is touching this one, special part in me.
The part which reminds me of summer when it rains,
of happiness when I'm crying, of the sweet taste when I eat strawberries and cream..all these wonderful memories are waking up in me when I look at your work. You are so far for your age, keep it up."
19th March, 2011
the poison says:
"I haven't written you a testimonial yet? No way! I wanted to write one ever since I started following you.
You're amazing, so talented. I know people keep telling you that. Because it's true.
You're not only a wonderful photographer, but also such a beautiful model. And you seem to be really nice, too.
I just love your work, it's inexpressible in words.
Please do me a favour and never stop taking pictures. Flickr would be a lot less beautiful without you.
25th March, 2011
Regina Leah says:
"Noukka, you were one of the first photographers I found on Flickr and your pictures literally left me speechless.
I just couldn't understand how somebody could create such wonderful pictures, filled with light, colours, creativity, meaning, thoughts and all of your passion. And be so gorgeous as well.
Now I know how. It's because you are incredibly talented and beautiful on the inside.
Your uploads made me smile or gave me hope. Thank you for every single one.
20th February, 2011
Romy Diepvens says:
"Girl, i don't know what it is but i absolutaly LOVE your pictures, each and every one of them! (i think it has something to do with your beautiful hair, long live redheads! :D) anyway, keep on going, your work is awesome and i wish that someday i'll be as good as you are :)
30th September, 2010
"yayyy! now i can write you a testimonial!!
lksahskajsdhdklsadfsalkfsdalkss < you see that. that. that right there. that, those are the words. discribing your phototicular skills.
so WERE DO I START!?
honestly. i have no bloody idea.
youre photos.. astound me. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM
the lighting, creativity, editing, everything .. is so beyond perfect.
this kid has serious talent.
keep it upp'"
29th September, 2010
Francie Idette says:
"I haven't written a testimonial yet!? How's this possible? Well, dear Noukka, you're such an ispiring person, and all I can say is that your photos are truly amazing, I mean, I'd watch your stream for hours without get bored.
And, like I told you on facebook, I will miss your 365 pretty much, what's important is that you musn't give up. You have a very great talent and so much creativity, you could become a very good photographer, so don't give up. And please keep posting your works everday because I want to see more.
After that, I hope we'll have another chance to chat, and maybe get some advices or just become flickr-friends. =) You're so nice.
And I ask sorry for my probably bad english =)"
15th September, 2010
karen jules says:
"just one of your photos will express more emotions than a million other photos ever will."
7th September, 2010
"Dear fellow red-head,
Your photos truly amaze me everyday. Your ideas are always original, and your talent always shines through now matter what. I anxioiusly await your uploads, and I always know that your pictures will blow me away. Plus, I love your hair :) And I can't wait to see what you have in store for us in the future."
25th June, 2010
"Your work is so creative. And i love the SOOC feel of most of your photos even if they aren't always SOOC. You use light brilliantly.
And i love your hair color. Always wanted to be a redhead!"
27th April, 2010
unwritten futures says:
"what? nobody ever wrote you a testimonial? you totally deserve more than one because you're really good at what you're doing. I love your photography, the emotion you put in it is incredible! I hope you'll never stop with it because I seriously think you'll go far :)
(oh en ik kwam er net achter dat je nederlandse bent, handig :P)
18th April, 2010
- Noukka Signe
- April 2006
- I am: