I love photography, art, computer graphics, animals, nature and riding my bike.
Photography became more than an occasional interest in 2006 after joining flickr.
I don't particularly consider myself good at photography, but in my too infrequent photo sessions I can take hundreds of photos, a few of which I am happy or lucky with, and are the ones I upload. My photos are rarely straight from the camera .. I play in lightroom and photoshop and also crop to compositions I like. I am more interested in the end image than factual representation.
My photos lean towards nature and macro, though I would like to be more broader in my scope. Introversy prevents me taking many photos of people or urban scenes, so my images really don't reflect the environment in which I live, but are zoomed in on the small or in parks and/or locations where I feel more comfortable with a camera.
I don't subscribe to, or respond to invites from any groups using medium to large graphics or animations of any size in invitations and comments. I used to, so these will be seen in older pictures.
The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature.
Photos of pearceval (7)
- The Best of Sony Nex 24,749 photos, 2,533 members
- Sony NEX E mount photography group 125,139 photos, 2,283 members
- Sony α NEX & ILCE 504,117 photos, 14,946 members
- Zoo UK - Zoos of the United Kingdom 67,579 photos, 2,404 members
- London Zoo 6,825 photos, 862 members
- Wicked Reflections 20,264 photos, 1,119 members
- BBC Winterwatch 174,506 photos, 8,711 members
- BBC Summerwatch (Official) 236,114 photos, 8,876 members
- Piers 32,289 photos, 4,430 members
- A Picture of Britain 504,696 photos, 4,316 members
- UK Landscapes, Sea and Country. 340,594 photos, 8,724 members
- Beside the seaside, besides the sea ... 109,768 photos, 4,783 members
- UK 472,252 photos, 8,546 members
- G A T E S an invitation to enter 1,802 photos, 154 members
- *I Love Birds* 958,304 photos, 20,235 members
- Birds of the British Isles 308,176 photos, 3,902 members
- Bird Silhouettes 5,191 photos, 2,205 members
- * Birds of Britain * 337,815 photos, 6,184 members
- Macro 1-2-3 (2/day max) 42,587 photos, 2,750 members
- Macro Viewers 170,879 photos, 6,672 members
- Macro Photography 664,762 photos, 55,743 members
- Flowers with insects 43,029 photos, 6,498 members
- Flowers all kinds 672,287 photos, 28,388 members
- Cats Cats Cats 458,018 photos, 28,819 members
- Cats the Beloved Pets 95,318 photos, 5,368 members
- Cat-A-Log 122,178 photos, 11,453 members
- Bench Life (no EMPTY benches please!) 5,123 photos, 854 members
- Benches 11,159 photos, 1,357 members
- Panasonic Lumix FZ18 FZ28 FZ38 FZ100 UK Group!! 15,006 photos, 343 members
- PANASONIC LUMIX FZ100 - FZ 150 - FZ 200 - FZ1000 - FZ300 - FZ200 70,490 photos, 1,397 members
- Canon Imagination 821,570 photos, 22,585 members
- silhouette 395,123 photos, 62,739 members
- Green is Beautiful 800,606 photos, 89,456 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 302,905 photos, 45,659 members
- Beach Photography 602,538 photos, 74,570 members
- Val Pearce Pix 537 photos, 2 members
- Guardian Green shoots 40,413 photos, 1,556 members
- Nature Nerds 33,108 photos, 2,124 members
- Closer and Closer Macro Photography: 2017 949,670 photos, 89,436 members
- British National Parks 55,684 photos, 1,549 members
- Birdshare 560,979 photos, 8,599 members
- 3Way Challenge (Closed for Now...) 32,824 photos, 1,928 members
- TEXTURIZED 34,951 photos, 1,545 members
- *Nature's Beauty* (No people or pet pics please.) 76,429 photos, 1,736 members
- Brighton 97,950 photos, 6,196 members
- In the Memories' Book :Textured Images only 22,064 photos, 1,866 members
- totally textures 114,909 photos, 9,576 members
- The Texture Garden 13,349 photos, 1,128 members
- All things textured 40,329 photos, 1,488 members
- Texture Squared 20,413 photos, 1,471 members
"Val is a perfect, gifted photographer, a frank person. I like a lot what she wrote in her profile about awarding pools... She is my cup of tea. And hey, she s got so interesting profession!!! :) All clear!"
May 6th, 2009
october blue ( on/off ) says:
" l am very lucky that Valerie was one of my earliest contacts on Flickr ...it has been a real joy to know her.
l love the quality of light in her photos. She has captured some of the most beautiful images of swans that l have ever seen. It is always a delight to see her wonderful cat, Oscar. There is so much color and beauty and variety in her vibrant photostream.
In addition, she has been very generous in her support of my photos. Her kindness has meant so much to me ...l am deeply appreciative..
Thank you, Val. l look forward to seeing more of your wonderful photos .... my very best wishes to you always :-)"
February 7th, 2009
"My aunt, I love her photos and only really got into Flickr because of her, if she wasn't on Flickr alot I probally would have never carried on useing it. I probally wouldn't of been into photography as much as I am if it wasn't for her too. I love her photos, they were brilliant to begin with but looking through her stream you can see how much she's progressed and her photographs have got so much better. I hope I can take photos as well as her some day soon. x"
October 16th, 2007
crime scene says:
"It's been wonderful to see Val's photos develop in character and beauty since I first saw her original works. Her perspectives are very original and feature beautiful natural scenes and woodland creatures.
When you take a look at the world through someone else's eyes you can appreciate the beauty of the land even though you are not there, and I've travelled e-wise to UK again and again in every one of Val's shots.
But even more than that, she's been a great support and a good friend which is a bonus I never expected, but appreciate very much indeed.
Congratulations on your fine body of work Val, and I look forward to each new installation with great anticipation!"
June 11th, 2007
"Wow! Valerie's pictures are truly amazing! From gorgeous flowers to wonderful animals, she captures the beauty of this world with great talent. Thank you for sharing your great pictures with us!"
November 15th, 2006
- June 2006
- South London, England
- I am: