Hi I’m Christopher, and I love all styles of photography. My particular passion is Fine Art, no matter what the photograph, the artist in me shines through. Having completed my degree in Fine Art, lighting, textures, form and composition are everything to me. I have an eye for seeing detail in the strangest things and enjoy finding alternative perspectives and less conventional framing which makes my photography unique.
I use a number of techniques to process and develop the image, to ensure I get the perfect final render. In my eyes digital cameras capture a negative, just like film, I treat every photograph individually to optimise the best results for every selected print.
As mentioned above I graduated in Fine Arts from Coventry University in 2003, after spending a little time travelling the world I started my working life in London processing film and developing other people’s photographs. I left London in 2005 to move back to my home town of Birmingham. I was lucky enough to live in an old Victorian house which was filled with history and gave me a lust for everything vintage I spent my time well documenting everything, creating a quirky portfolio of knick knacks and family heirlooms.
I’m always happy to take on a challenge, and very good at challenging myself to new projects to push the boundaries of my photography, in turn increasing my technical and creative skills.
Professionally I use Canon cameras with a variation of lenses suited to the particular setting I find myself in.. Recreationally, I also enjoy shooting with 35mm Black and White film, and use either a fully manual Olympus OM-1 or a Canon EOS 1 depending on my mood. I think it’s important to understand the fundamental basics and history of photography, as well as keeping up with the latest tech, and there is nothing quite like developing a film in my kitchen!
- Creative Photography 351,044 photos, 12,920 members
- More Than Portraits 7,527 photos, 687 members
- 365/2014 - Don't Stop Me Now 5,069 photos, 51 members
- 365: The 2014 Edition 15,802 photos, 269 members
- Birmingham Updates 333 photos, 11 members
- 365/2013 - On the Road Again 15,724 photos, 47 members
- ★ Macro - Up Close and Personal ★ 171,921 photos, 9,532 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,899,720 photos, 81,793 members
- Sandwell group 2,137 photos, 158 members
- Weston Super Mare (W-S-M) 6,730 photos, 451 members
- Black & White Fine Art (NO portraits!) 63,696 photos, 2,910 members
- Black & White Awards 81,835 photos, 4,452 members
- B31 Voices 1,457 photos, 76 members
- 2nd City Living 2,841 photos, 55 members
- Walsall 7,623 photos, 153 members
- The Cube: Birmingham 848 photos, 55 members
- BOKEH Any • DAY 20,102 photos, 3,823 members
- Bokeh Photography (1/day) 174,939 photos, 12,679 members
- Film is not Dead!! 1,568,391 photos, 35,854 members
- B&W Film 48,980 photos, 1,022 members
- I Shoot Ilford Film 78,688 photos, 5,445 members
- Cafe Elite 72,970 photos, 3,831 members
- *Best of Flickr* (Comment 1 / invite 2) PHOTOS ONLY 699,356 photos, 24,953 members
- Long Exposure 584,213 photos, 54,037 members
- Light STREAM___ 89,715 photos, 12,571 members
- Fine Art Photography (in the footsteps of the masters) 18,348 photos, 788 members
- Seascapes and Shorelines 510,086 photos, 24,584 members
- ! B&W - The Art of Photography (P1 C1 If You Wish To) NO SEPIA 256,382 photos, 11,513 members
- Winterbourne through the Seasons 409 photos, 25 members
- West Midlands 16,355 photos, 447 members
- FishEye 134,842 photos, 13,273 members
- Birmingham 68,085 photos, 2,884 members
- Birmingham Post and Mail 46,012 photos, 1,154 members
Vagrantgenius doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Christopher Rigby
- September 2010
- Birmingham, UK
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Senior Design Analyst
- Rigby Photography