The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is the UN's global development network, an organization advocating for change and connecting countries to knowledge, experience and resources to help people build a better life.
UNDP in Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States is on the ground in 25 countries and territories in Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia.
UNDP works closely with national partners – including governments, civil society and the private sector – supporting country needs and priorities that fall into UNDP’s areas of expertise:
* Strengthening the democratic process and promoting human rights and the rule of law
* Reducing poverty and promoting inclusive growth
* Applying the latest approaches to crisis prevention and recovery, mine action and weapons collection
* Managing the environment in a sustainable manner
* Preventing, and providing treatment for HIV/AIDS
* Promoting gender equality and empowerment of women
* Facilitating cooperation between countries in the European Union and throughout the region
* Strengthening partnerships for development cooperation
This includes working closely with countries in the region to make sure that the Millennium Development Goals are achieved by 2015.
Most popular photos
Photos of United Nations Development Programme in Europe and CIS
Have something nice to say about United Nations Development Programme in Europe and CIS? Write a testimonial