I'm a hippie from the 60's and I was at Haight-Ashbury during the Summer of Love '67. The semester I graduated from high school (June 1968), both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated and Vietnam was raging. The year before, Israel liberated Jerusalem and freed it for all peoples of all faiths to follow their individual religious beliefs.
Popular groups of my generation were the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, and the Supremes. My favorite radio station today is KRTH 101 (101.1 on the FM dial and you can listen to it here) but my favorite DJ's were always Dick Biondi and Dave Hull the Hullabalooer from AM KRLA in Los Angeles.
I have always been an artist and I have always been a writer. My brain is hyperactive even if my body is L-A-Z-Y. I always have to be opening up the creative outlets, like unhinging my skull and letting my mind wander out there in the cosmos somewhere.
I converted to Judaism in 1975 when I was 25 years old. I have now been a Jew longer than I was ever a Presbyterian. I converted according to the strictest application of halachic law - no "hava nagila" conversion for me.
I have always loved Israel both in the spiritual sense and I have admired Israel's determination to survive. I feel no sympathy for terrorists and their anti-Semitic apologists. I think it is one of the great crimes against humanity that the terrorists hijacked the cause of the Palestinian people. As long as the people accept it, there can be no peace because the terrorists will not be satisfied until Israel ceases to exist. At all. THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
The terrorists have had their turn ruining the lives of the Palestinian people. It's time for them to step aside and let the Palestinian children have a future.
I love all sorts of crafts, needlework, and sewing. When Charles and Diana were married, I made a tiny duplicate of her wedding gown for my niece's Barbie doll.
I make handcrafted stuffed dolls and animals and the wardrobes to go with them.
I love to draw and paint.
I love writing screenplays, have finished at least one novel and intend to serialize one of the characters in two more future novels. I enjoy writing short stories and poetry.
I love to read and I read all kinds of books. Right now, I just finished reading, "Sarum" (a novel of British history) for the thrid time and at the moment, I'm reading one of Lillian Jackson Braun's cat detective stories.
I would like to find good romance novels to read but so far, very few carry any dramatic tension. It's mostly one formula engraved in cement that everybody follows. There's a limited number of adjectives for ripping the bodice, know what I mean?
My favorite writers are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson. I suppose I should mention my distant cousin, Winifred Holtby, who was a writer but I've never actually read her work.
I love to help people and I am making a resource website for writers to do just that.
- Small Format Art (DRAWING, PAINTING, TRADITIONAL MIXED MEDIA) 8,346 photos, 407 members
- as good as its gets(ONLY FULL COLOR PICS!!!!!) 8,450 photos, 570 members
- Victorian 5,288 photos, 134 members
- Israel under attack 234 photos, 50 members
- .`ғℓคςҺคםคς 4,321 photos, 962 members
- Human Rights 10,989 photos, 1,275 members
- Mid East Politics Discussion/Debate Group 84 photos, 75 members
- Anti-Terrorist 739 photos, 319 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 377 photos, 157 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 135,224 photos, 10,496 members
- HUMANITY before Politics 127 photos, 22 members
- Art & Politics 15,294 photos, 990 members
- TIBET 2008 - 'cultural genocide'!!! 162 photos, 89 members
- Free Tibet !!! 6,387 photos, 1,502 members
- Free China - Free Tibet 4,767 photos, 1,479 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,118 photos, 42,039 members
- Jewish Quilts 73 photos, 22 members
- Native American Portraits 2,249 photos, 600 members
- Public Domain -- Government Sources 460 photos, 297 members
- Vintage Sheet Music 2,437 photos, 397 members
- Story Time 5,841 photos, 596 members
- VINTAGE PHOTO SHARING 30,653 photos, 2,076 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,545,624 photos, 100,848 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 3,872,378 photos, 109,194 members
- FLOWERS 1,268,654 photos, 99,755 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,829,776 photos, 148,113 members
- FlickrCentral 9,086,091 photos, 240,513 members
- Cottage Gardening 4,520 photos, 365 members
- Cottages 8,975 photos, 988 members
- Abandoned Cottages 3,927 photos, 315 members
- Creative Writing 3,373 photos, 513 members
- *Book Sniffers* 17,485 photos, 1,503 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 98,012 photos, 6,362 members
- Writers General 1,865 photos, 333 members
- Writers 4,646 photos, 822 members
- Posaics - Flower Mosaics & Collages 447 photos, 96 members
- Mosaics and Collages 13,493 photos, 1,362 members
- collage casual 9,174 photos, 311 members
- Collages of Color 2,554 photos, 142 members
- Collage Jerks 18,811 photos, 1,431 members
- Jenny Holiday's "bits & pieces" collage swap! 181 photos, 77 members
- Innovative collage 20,174 photos, 764 members
- 6x6 collages 1,031 photos, 196 members
- Collage for beginners (like me...) 20,363 photos, 2,093 members
- COLLAGES 35,254 photos, 3,242 members
- deviantART Deviants 215,999 photos, 11,712 members
- All Collages 153,014 photos, 9,067 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 29,653 photos, 5,113 members
- Digital Art and Mixed Media 112,622 photos, 4,169 members
- internet artists gallery 181,649 photos, 5,658 members
uhuru1701 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Granada Hills, California
- Malibu hills, United States
- I am:
- 100% disabled
- Brain Fart Blog