I'm a hippie from the 60's and I was at Haight-Ashbury during the Summer of Love '67. The semester I graduated from high school (June 1968), both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated and Vietnam was raging. The year before, Israel liberated Jerusalem and freed it for all peoples of all faiths to follow their individual religious beliefs.
Popular groups of my generation were the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, and the Supremes. My favorite radio station today is KRTH 101 (101.1 on the FM dial and you can listen to it here) but my favorite DJ's were always Dick Biondi and Dave Hull the Hullabalooer from AM KRLA in Los Angeles.
I have always been an artist and I have always been a writer. My brain is hyperactive even if my body is L-A-Z-Y. I always have to be opening up the creative outlets, like unhinging my skull and letting my mind wander out there in the cosmos somewhere.
I converted to Judaism in 1975 when I was 25 years old. I have now been a Jew longer than I was ever a Presbyterian. I converted according to the strictest application of halachic law - no "hava nagila" conversion for me.
I have always loved Israel both in the spiritual sense and I have admired Israel's determination to survive. I feel no sympathy for terrorists and their anti-Semitic apologists. I think it is one of the great crimes against humanity that the terrorists hijacked the cause of the Palestinian people. As long as the people accept it, there can be no peace because the terrorists will not be satisfied until Israel ceases to exist. At all. THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
The terrorists have had their turn ruining the lives of the Palestinian people. It's time for them to step aside and let the Palestinian children have a future.
I love all sorts of crafts, needlework, and sewing. When Charles and Diana were married, I made a tiny duplicate of her wedding gown for my niece's Barbie doll.
I make handcrafted stuffed dolls and animals and the wardrobes to go with them.
I love to draw and paint.
I love writing screenplays, have finished at least one novel and intend to serialize one of the characters in two more future novels. I enjoy writing short stories and poetry.
I love to read and I read all kinds of books. Right now, I just finished reading, "Sarum" (a novel of British history) for the thrid time and at the moment, I'm reading one of Lillian Jackson Braun's cat detective stories.
I would like to find good romance novels to read but so far, very few carry any dramatic tension. It's mostly one formula engraved in cement that everybody follows. There's a limited number of adjectives for ripping the bodice, know what I mean?
My favorite writers are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson. I suppose I should mention my distant cousin, Winifred Holtby, who was a writer but I've never actually read her work.
I love to help people and I am making a resource website for writers to do just that.
- Small Format Art (DRAWING, PAINTING, TRADITIONAL MIXED MEDIA) 8,232 photos, 407 members
- as good as its gets(ONLY FULL COLOR PICS!!!!!) 8,785 photos, 571 members
- Victorian 5,958 photos, 133 members
- Israel under attack 233 photos, 49 members
- .`ғℓคςҺคםคς 4,137 photos, 988 members
- Human Rights 12,938 photos, 1,306 members
- Mid East Politics Discussion/Debate Group 83 photos, 75 members
- Anti-Terrorist 804 photos, 327 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 383 photos, 154 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 146,200 photos, 10,768 members
- HUMANITY before Politics 127 photos, 23 members
- Art & Politics 17,043 photos, 1,058 members
- TIBET 2008 - 'cultural genocide'!!! 156 photos, 88 members
- Free Tibet !!! 6,943 photos, 1,520 members
- Free China - Free Tibet 5,038 photos, 1,502 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 283,185 photos, 41,898 members
- Jewish Quilts 72 photos, 22 members
- Native American Portraits 3,088 photos, 640 members
- Public Domain -- Government Sources 528 photos, 352 members
- Vintage Sheet Music 2,502 photos, 422 members
- Story Time 8,450 photos, 661 members
- VINTAGE PHOTO SHARING 36,330 photos, 2,294 members
- Beautiful Capture 4,522,659 photos, 112,214 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Weekend Showcase *OPEN* 4,296,748 photos, 116,577 members
- FLOWERS 1,300,193 photos, 102,940 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,342,687 photos, 172,616 members
- FlickrCentral 9,428,523 photos, 261,010 members
- Cottage Gardening 4,750 photos, 372 members
- Cottages 10,794 photos, 1,045 members
- Abandoned Cottages 4,227 photos, 333 members
- Creative Writing 3,906 photos, 536 members
- *Book Sniffers* 20,842 photos, 1,489 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 99,457 photos, 6,379 members
- Writers General 2,138 photos, 350 members
- Writers 4,913 photos, 848 members
- Posaics - Flower Mosaics & Collages 461 photos, 100 members
- Mosaics and Collages 13,836 photos, 1,369 members
- collage casual 10,318 photos, 327 members
- Collages of Color 2,882 photos, 155 members
- Collage Jerks 20,598 photos, 1,515 members
- Jenny Holiday's "bits & pieces" collage swap! 181 photos, 78 members
- Innovative collage 22,374 photos, 804 members
- 6x6 collages 1,027 photos, 200 members
- Collage for beginners (like me...) 22,588 photos, 2,224 members
- COLLAGES 38,180 photos, 3,298 members
- deviantART Deviants 236,130 photos, 11,972 members
- All Collages 159,606 photos, 9,195 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 31,208 photos, 5,256 members
- Digital Art and Mixed Media 133,219 photos, 4,442 members
- internet artists gallery 203,469 photos, 5,826 members
uhuru1701 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Granada Hills, California
- Malibu hills, United States
- I am:
- 100% disabled
- Brain Fart Blog