I'm a hippie from the 60's and I was at Haight-Ashbury during the Summer of Love '67. The semester I graduated from high school (June 1968), both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated and Vietnam was raging. The year before, Israel liberated Jerusalem and freed it for all peoples of all faiths to follow their individual religious beliefs.
Popular groups of my generation were the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, and the Supremes. My favorite radio station today is KRTH 101 (101.1 on the FM dial and you can listen to it here) but my favorite DJ's were always Dick Biondi and Dave Hull the Hullabalooer from AM KRLA in Los Angeles.
I have always been an artist and I have always been a writer. My brain is hyperactive even if my body is L-A-Z-Y. I always have to be opening up the creative outlets, like unhinging my skull and letting my mind wander out there in the cosmos somewhere.
I converted to Judaism in 1975 when I was 25 years old. I have now been a Jew longer than I was ever a Presbyterian. I converted according to the strictest application of halachic law - no "hava nagila" conversion for me.
I have always loved Israel both in the spiritual sense and I have admired Israel's determination to survive. I feel no sympathy for terrorists and their anti-Semitic apologists. I think it is one of the great crimes against humanity that the terrorists hijacked the cause of the Palestinian people. As long as the people accept it, there can be no peace because the terrorists will not be satisfied until Israel ceases to exist. At all. THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
The terrorists have had their turn ruining the lives of the Palestinian people. It's time for them to step aside and let the Palestinian children have a future.
I love all sorts of crafts, needlework, and sewing. When Charles and Diana were married, I made a tiny duplicate of her wedding gown for my niece's Barbie doll.
I make handcrafted stuffed dolls and animals and the wardrobes to go with them.
I love to draw and paint.
I love writing screenplays, have finished at least one novel and intend to serialize one of the characters in two more future novels. I enjoy writing short stories and poetry.
I love to read and I read all kinds of books. Right now, I just finished reading, "Sarum" (a novel of British history) for the thrid time and at the moment, I'm reading one of Lillian Jackson Braun's cat detective stories.
I would like to find good romance novels to read but so far, very few carry any dramatic tension. It's mostly one formula engraved in cement that everybody follows. There's a limited number of adjectives for ripping the bodice, know what I mean?
My favorite writers are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson. I suppose I should mention my distant cousin, Winifred Holtby, who was a writer but I've never actually read her work.
I love to help people and I am making a resource website for writers to do just that.
- Small Format Art (DRAWING, PAINTING, TRADITIONAL MIXED MEDIA) 8,344 photos, 408 members
- as good as its gets(ONLY FULL COLOR PICS!!!!!) 8,559 photos, 568 members
- Victorian 5,392 photos, 134 members
- Israel under attack 234 photos, 50 members
- .`ғℓคςҺคםคς 4,318 photos, 970 members
- Human Rights 11,387 photos, 1,279 members
- Mid East Politics Discussion/Debate Group 83 photos, 75 members
- Anti-Terrorist 750 photos, 320 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 362 photos, 155 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 137,085 photos, 10,540 members
- HUMANITY before Politics 128 photos, 22 members
- Art & Politics 14,553 photos, 997 members
- TIBET 2008 - 'cultural genocide'!!! 161 photos, 89 members
- Free Tibet !!! 6,431 photos, 1,499 members
- Free China - Free Tibet 4,796 photos, 1,479 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,357 photos, 42,012 members
- Jewish Quilts 73 photos, 22 members
- Native American Portraits 2,559 photos, 617 members
- Public Domain -- Government Sources 461 photos, 306 members
- Vintage Sheet Music 2,460 photos, 402 members
- Story Time 6,263 photos, 615 members
- VINTAGE PHOTO SHARING 31,394 photos, 2,124 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,734,064 photos, 103,581 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Street Photography *OPEN* 3,954,104 photos, 111,068 members
- FLOWERS 1,274,481 photos, 100,473 members
- !Catchy Colors 3,967,528 photos, 154,580 members
- FlickrCentral 9,459,077 photos, 246,082 members
- Cottage Gardening 4,544 photos, 367 members
- Cottages 9,140 photos, 1,003 members
- Abandoned Cottages 3,961 photos, 314 members
- Creative Writing 3,461 photos, 516 members
- *Book Sniffers* 18,177 photos, 1,505 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 98,192 photos, 6,355 members
- Writers General 1,874 photos, 335 members
- Writers 4,689 photos, 825 members
- Posaics - Flower Mosaics & Collages 457 photos, 97 members
- Mosaics and Collages 13,608 photos, 1,362 members
- collage casual 9,510 photos, 315 members
- Collages of Color 2,654 photos, 145 members
- Collage Jerks 18,857 photos, 1,454 members
- Jenny Holiday's "bits & pieces" collage swap! 181 photos, 77 members
- Innovative collage 20,601 photos, 772 members
- 6x6 collages 1,031 photos, 197 members
- Collage for beginners (like me...) 20,818 photos, 2,114 members
- COLLAGES 35,775 photos, 3,249 members
- deviantART Deviants 218,507 photos, 11,757 members
- All Collages 153,368 photos, 9,088 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 30,242 photos, 5,149 members
- Digital Art and Mixed Media 116,496 photos, 4,232 members
- internet artists gallery 185,747 photos, 5,693 members
uhuru1701 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Granada Hills, California
- Malibu hills, United States
- I am:
- 100% disabled
- Brain Fart Blog