I'm a hippie from the 60's and I was at Haight-Ashbury during the Summer of Love '67. The semester I graduated from high school (June 1968), both Martin Luther King, Jr. and Bobby Kennedy were assassinated and Vietnam was raging. The year before, Israel liberated Jerusalem and freed it for all peoples of all faiths to follow their individual religious beliefs.
Popular groups of my generation were the Beatles, the Doors, the Rolling Stones, and the Supremes. My favorite radio station today is KRTH 101 (101.1 on the FM dial and you can listen to it here) but my favorite DJ's were always Dick Biondi and Dave Hull the Hullabalooer from AM KRLA in Los Angeles.
I have always been an artist and I have always been a writer. My brain is hyperactive even if my body is L-A-Z-Y. I always have to be opening up the creative outlets, like unhinging my skull and letting my mind wander out there in the cosmos somewhere.
I converted to Judaism in 1975 when I was 25 years old. I have now been a Jew longer than I was ever a Presbyterian. I converted according to the strictest application of halachic law - no "hava nagila" conversion for me.
I have always loved Israel both in the spiritual sense and I have admired Israel's determination to survive. I feel no sympathy for terrorists and their anti-Semitic apologists. I think it is one of the great crimes against humanity that the terrorists hijacked the cause of the Palestinian people. As long as the people accept it, there can be no peace because the terrorists will not be satisfied until Israel ceases to exist. At all. THAT'S NEVER GOING TO HAPPEN.
The terrorists have had their turn ruining the lives of the Palestinian people. It's time for them to step aside and let the Palestinian children have a future.
I love all sorts of crafts, needlework, and sewing. When Charles and Diana were married, I made a tiny duplicate of her wedding gown for my niece's Barbie doll.
I make handcrafted stuffed dolls and animals and the wardrobes to go with them.
I love to draw and paint.
I love writing screenplays, have finished at least one novel and intend to serialize one of the characters in two more future novels. I enjoy writing short stories and poetry.
I love to read and I read all kinds of books. Right now, I just finished reading, "Sarum" (a novel of British history) for the thrid time and at the moment, I'm reading one of Lillian Jackson Braun's cat detective stories.
I would like to find good romance novels to read but so far, very few carry any dramatic tension. It's mostly one formula engraved in cement that everybody follows. There's a limited number of adjectives for ripping the bodice, know what I mean?
My favorite writers are Stephen King and Dean Koontz. My favorite poet is Emily Dickinson. I suppose I should mention my distant cousin, Winifred Holtby, who was a writer but I've never actually read her work.
I love to help people and I am making a resource website for writers to do just that.
- Small Format Art (DRAWING, PAINTING, TRADITIONAL MIXED MEDIA) 8,315 photos, 408 members
- as good as its gets(ONLY FULL COLOR PICS!!!!!) 8,638 photos, 565 members
- Victorian 5,524 photos, 134 members
- Israel under attack 234 photos, 50 members
- .`ғℓคςҺคםคς 4,286 photos, 969 members
- Human Rights 11,680 photos, 1,288 members
- Mid East Politics Discussion/Debate Group 83 photos, 75 members
- Anti-Terrorist 757 photos, 323 members
- Israel-Iran-Palestine 361 photos, 154 members
- Protests, Political Art, Democracy, Social Change 138,270 photos, 10,599 members
- HUMANITY before Politics 129 photos, 23 members
- Art & Politics 14,899 photos, 1,008 members
- TIBET 2008 - 'cultural genocide'!!! 161 photos, 90 members
- Free Tibet !!! 6,439 photos, 1,506 members
- Free China - Free Tibet 4,827 photos, 1,484 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 282,758 photos, 42,012 members
- Jewish Quilts 73 photos, 22 members
- Native American Portraits 2,664 photos, 621 members
- Public Domain -- Government Sources 468 photos, 319 members
- Vintage Sheet Music 2,469 photos, 406 members
- Story Time 6,910 photos, 627 members
- VINTAGE PHOTO SHARING 32,477 photos, 2,156 members
- Beautiful Capture 3,902,659 photos, 105,838 members
- The World Through My Eyes - Minimalism *OPEN* 4,029,345 photos, 112,608 members
- FLOWERS 1,275,613 photos, 100,970 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,073,228 photos, 160,692 members
- FlickrCentral 9,497,553 photos, 249,374 members
- Cottage Gardening 4,549 photos, 365 members
- Cottages 9,340 photos, 1,008 members
- Abandoned Cottages 4,045 photos, 318 members
- Creative Writing 3,598 photos, 519 members
- *Book Sniffers* 18,803 photos, 1,502 members
- Language of Flowers Award 1 98,428 photos, 6,357 members
- Writers General 1,925 photos, 335 members
- Writers 4,735 photos, 831 members
- Posaics - Flower Mosaics & Collages 458 photos, 102 members
- Mosaics and Collages 13,626 photos, 1,366 members
- collage casual 9,732 photos, 319 members
- Collages of Color 2,735 photos, 148 members
- Collage Jerks 19,264 photos, 1,471 members
- Jenny Holiday's "bits & pieces" collage swap! 181 photos, 77 members
- Innovative collage 21,134 photos, 782 members
- 6x6 collages 1,031 photos, 198 members
- Collage for beginners (like me...) 20,998 photos, 2,145 members
- COLLAGES 36,350 photos, 3,266 members
- deviantART Deviants 221,609 photos, 11,794 members
- All Collages 154,271 photos, 9,115 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 30,466 photos, 5,168 members
- Digital Art and Mixed Media 119,750 photos, 4,279 members
- internet artists gallery 188,979 photos, 5,727 members
uhuru1701 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- March 2007
- Granada Hills, California
- Malibu hills, United States
- I am:
- 100% disabled
- Brain Fart Blog