We intend to keep growing no matter how old we become, to remain
receptive to enlightenment, and to conserve the gifts of the earth.
Dogs love people unconditionally while people fight over little things.
We observe and photograph dogs for their inner and outer beauty.
Some people do strange things. We are lucky to record a few of them.
While the grass may be greener and the lakes more blue elsewhere,
there is always much to appreciate right where you are. Look around.
We photograph children to remind us to play nicely with all others.
We know there are people who do bad things, but fencing yourself in
isn't a good solution. Flickr helps us to communicate and learn respect
for each other. We really appreciate our international contacts.
Hang up your phone and join the fight against Nature Deficit Disorder!
Vultures may be waiting for you. Don't die without having lived fully.
We wish that you find your way easily and discover exciting places.
We appreciate you for sharing your photographs here on flickr and for viewing and commenting on our photostream. We recognize that few of our photographs meet the standards for technical excellence and that we often break the rules of good composition. We seldom go out for the sole purpose of photography and are not seeking perfection, only to please ourselves. We hope that you enjoy our pictures in the spirit they were taken.
Chuck has degrees in Art from Santa Monica College and The University of Texas. He annoys people by playing the accordion and guitar. Now retired, he has worked in logistics, data management, and project planning for the aircraft and space industry for over 43 years.
Vicki is a superior mother and homemaker. She plays and teaches guitar. She is active at the Boulder Creek Community Church where she shares how to deal with strange husbands like her own.
We've been married since 1973 and have two grown sons. Our older son Kenneth Rogers is a research professor doing medial research. Keith Rogers, our younger son, plays guitar and bass and is a dental hygienist.
92 of our images have been in Explore (as of April 28, 2009):
1. Red-Winged Blackbird- Wilder Ranch, 2. There is no Real Question, 3. Hawk in Guadalupe Gardens, 4. Splash Santa Cruz, 5. Up on a Roof Top, but Where's St. Nick?, 6. Six Feet High and Rising, 7. March of the Californians, 8. Carmel by the Sea, California, USA,
9. Immature Red-Tailed Hawk, 10. Great Blue Heron (Ardea herodias), 11. Chomp!, Ha, Ha Ha, Ha..., 12. Horizontal Lighting, 13. Finding Robert John, 14. Kids will be Kids, 15. The Lone Cypress, 16. Common Buckeye (Junonia coenia),
25. Pillow on Wheels, 26. New Friendship, 27. Simi Valley Squirrel, 28. Happy Junior Athlete, Safely Tethered, 29. Magnificent Dogwood Flower, 30. Diva the Contortionist, 31. Roll Me Over, 32. Generations,
49. First Week 2006, 50. That Evening Together, 51. Santa Cruz, December 16, 2005, 52. Surfers against a Marina Dunes Sunset, 53. Peace on Earth, 54. The Los Pinos Lighthouse, 55. Lower Sunrise Lake, 56. Jade Lake at Chateau Montelena,
57. Woman with Parasol in the Surf, 58. Banana Slug, 59. I am friendly, no really I am, 60. Reflections of Las Palmas, 61. Floppy Jumping, 62. Young Men and the Sea, 63. Watching Photographers at Moss Landing, 64. No Parking,
65. At Home Aug 14, 2005: Nacho Cat, 66. Baptism at Lake Roberts, 67. Mount Shasta, California, 68. Tough Love?, 69. Sandia Crest Stone Structure, 70. Circular Tire Tracks on Highway 9, 71. Hurry to the Water's Edge, 72. Water Glowing in The Sand (Hidden People),
73. Low Tide and Sunset over Santa Cruz, CA, 74. Redwood Sorrel (Oxalis Oregana), 75. Fall Relections, 76. Brewer's Blackbird on Pacific Grove's Shoreline, 77. Marty the Marmot, 78. Good Fences Have No Neighbors, 79. Brewer's Blackbird- Iridescent Black on Pink
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.
Explore poster created with fd's Flickr Toys.
Most popular photos
Photos of Vicki & Chuck Rogers
TestimonialsWrite a testimonial
Over the years, Vicki and Chuck have been an important part of my Flickr experience, grounding me in the part of California we have shared. Their photos reveal warmth, enthusiasm, and skill as they roam the highways and biways of coastal California. I'm surprised we haven't crossed paths in our prolific days of shoot… Read more
Over the years, Vicki and Chuck have been an important part of my Flickr experience, grounding me in the part of California we have shared. Their photos reveal warmth, enthusiasm, and skill as they roam the highways and biways of coastal California. I'm surprised we haven't crossed paths in our prolific days of shooting! Or did we?Read less