I love collecting turtles, of any kind and currently have over 1300 in my collection. Started collecting them in 1960. I had 11 live ones at one time.
My pet is Pumpkin, a very sweet and lovable soft orange tabby that our daughter left behind after she moved out on her own.
I am the Mom of two fantastic daughters who are grown and successfully living on their own.
Two adorable Grandsons whom I love very much.
A beautiful Great-Granddaughter.
A loving and very caring son-in-law.
Best of all and wonderful hubby who is my soul mate of 47 years.
Next on my hobby list is taking photos of flowers, birds, animals and especially turtles, thus the variety of interests reflected on my Flickr posts.
I love looking at other people's photos and give comments often to as many as I can. I would also really like to hear from you on mine....both good and constructive remarks are welcomed.
There are so many wonderful friends I have made since joining Flickr! I really appreciate each and everyone of you!!
I am married for 46 years to a wonderful and talented hubby who does a beautiful job in sewing quilts!
FAVORITE GROUP NEEDING AN INVITE:
Nature's Carousel ~
Your picture is beautiful, you are invited to post this to NATURE'S CAROUSEL (Invite Only)
NATURE'S CAROUSEL POST 1 AWARD 2
FAVORITE SAYING: "Working on mysteries without any clues....." by Bob Seger on "Night Moves" ~
Featured Member, 2011 in "All Kinds Of Beauty" ~
- Korean War Chronicles.............Read the Front Page tribute 1,316 photos, 218 members
- flickr Black Day 1,783 photos, 935 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 7 : PURPLE (P1-A4) 58,418 photos, 3,887 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 6 : PINK (P1-A4) 62,483 photos, 4,058 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 5 : BLUE (P1-A4) 68,342 photos, 4,287 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 4 : GREEN (P1-A4) 75,274 photos, 4,636 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 3 : YELLOW (P1-A4) 88,613 photos, 5,175 members
- Frame It! ~~Level 11~~(P1/A5) 13,698 photos, 1,388 members
- Frame It! ~Level 10~ (P1/A5) 15,909 photos, 1,591 members
- Frame It! ~Level 09~ (P1/A5) 18,890 photos, 1,734 members
- Frame It! ~Level 08~ (P1/A5) 21,051 photos, 1,858 members
- Frame It! ~Level 07~ (P1/A5) 24,112 photos, 2,026 members
- Frame It! ~Level 06~ (P1/A5) 28,123 photos, 2,205 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 2 : ORANGE (P1-A4) 114,535 photos, 6,092 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #6 ☆ Andromeda "50." Invite Only (P1/A5) 208,073 photos, 8,212 members
- Frame It! ~Level 05~ (P1/A5) 33,714 photos, 2,474 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 1 : RED (P1-A4) 265,316 photos, 8,175 members
- Frame It! ~Level 04~ (P1/A5) 40,928 photos, 2,754 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #5 ☆ Elite. Invite Only (P1/A5) 230,104 photos, 9,619 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #4 ☆ Art. Invite Only (P1/A5) 277,222 photos, 11,724 members
- Frame It! ~Level 03~ (P1/A5) 54,118 photos, 3,191 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 322,414 photos, 13,509 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #2 ☆ Silver. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 420,618 photos, 17,108 members
- Super~Six Bronze ☆ Stage #1 ☆ Post 1, Award 5. 1,195,417 photos, 40,153 members
- Frame It! ~Level 02~ (P1/A5) 74,863 photos, 3,924 members
- Frame It! ~Level 01~ (P1/A5) 193,729 photos, 6,068 members
- Flickr Envy Public (INVITED PHOTOS ONLY) - Add 1/C-2 ~ Invite 1 11,105 photos, 2,940 members
- Nature's Platinum Carousel (Admin Invite Only) Post 1 Award 2 47,709 photos, 1,509 members
- HoT CoLorS ~ NO photos of people ~ 7,135 photos, 428 members
- Happy FRISKY Friday! Post 1/ Comment 1 - Plz Use Award - Thank U 5,941 photos, 416 members
- Nature's Golden Carousel ~ Admin Invite Only Post 1 Award 2 110,364 photos, 4,355 members
- What plant is that? 45,570 photos, 5,615 members
- ID Please 13,881 photos, 985 members
- **I LOVE Horses and all God's Creatures~Add 1/Com 2~ 40,896 photos, 1,585 members
- Nature's Carousel - (Invite only) - Post 1 Comment 2 253,356 photos, 9,407 members
- Ya Gotta Start Somewhere...NO PEOPLE - Add 1/Comment 1 ~ 57,661 photos, 2,414 members
- Style of Framed Pictures 60,595 photos, 3,729 members
- This is Excellent 218,761 photos, 4,083 members
- Spectacular Animals-Invited Photos Only 95,513 photos, 9,775 members
- Nature With All Its Wonders - Add One (1) photo and award Two(2) 91,238 photos, 2,740 members
- Magnificent Macros Post 1-Award 2 - Max 24 mm ~ 17,020 photos, 1,767 members
- Up Close, But Not Quite 29,272 photos, 1,151 members
- Making "FRIENDS" from around the World - NO PEOPLE - P1/C1 31,576 photos, 1,686 members
- Gatorland Bird Rookery,Orlando, Florida 4,220 photos, 243 members
- Platinum Photography Level 2 SuperStars ~ 2,692 photos, 1,411 members
- **ALL KINDS OF BEAUTY** (Moderated! NO MODELS!) 380,469 photos, 13,659 members
- A Year of Holidays: CELEBRATIONS..NOT VACATIONS! 11,208 photos, 898 members
- The "ABSOLUTELY GRRREATEST WORKS" 138 photos, 38 members
- Saariy's Quality Pictures.Comment&Fave Lover's Favorites 66,137 photos, 530 members
- GRRREAT WORKS.... NO PEOPLE-Max 60 Groups~Add1-C1 78,896 photos, 4,554 members
Moon Shine Photography says:
"What can I say about Nancy that hasn't all ready been said? We had the pleasure and the riot of meeting her and her hubby in person and spend some great days with them on some photo shoots. We laughed, we took photos, we ate, we laughed, we told stories, we laughed, we went riding around, we laughed and did I mention that we laughed? Nancy has a talent for finding beauty that most of us miss in the ordinary, the fun where ever it is, and she's the kind of friend that everyone should be so lucky, as I am, to have. Her photos are stunning and always interesting and informative. They will also make you laugh and sometimes with a groan!! I am fortunate to know and love Nancy!!!"
September 13th, 2012
"Nancy, m'friend......you are such a dear; you've made a big difference in my life with your generous, welcoming and encouraging spirit into the world of flickr....and I know many others have been touched this way by you too! Your creative spirit with your excellent photos, quotes....oh, love those quotes....!.....and echoing what's already been said....'you take care of your groups and contacts'....you care about people. That is a commodity we need demonstrated more in this world.
Loving hugs to you my friend who has given new status to the Turtles of the World!......Pat"
February 20th, 2011
"This is long overdue, because so often, I think about Nancy and her contributions to flickr. Of course I love her sense of humor, creativity and a peek into her world each day -- but no one, and I mean NO ONE, takes better care of their groups and their contacts than Nancy! And with our busy lives, we all understand that this can be a chore, yet you never make it seem like a chore.
I'm glad we crossed paths here and continue to be friends, and I thank you most sincerely!! A big hug to you, Nancy!"
December 18th, 2010
"What can l say about Nancy that hasn't already been said in the previous testimonials.....
First I would like to start saying that Nancy is one of the special and wonderful people I have met on flickr.
She is so sweet, kind, funny and adorable, a very loyal flickr friend. She is a joy to know.
She is an awesome photographer, all her photos are a treasure and her fabulous titles always brighten up my day.
Her supportive comments makes me feel special and honored to be her friend.
Thank you Nancy for your friendship. Keep those superb shots and titles coming.
Big turtle hugs and much love to you."
January 4th, 2010
mick walters/Billy says:
"My good mate Nancy is an honorary Aussie and her friendship means a lot. Her photos always are such a joy to behold, she has such a great selection of eclectic shots, from beautiful landscapes and macro's to quirky images of could be anything, i really enjoy how she sees the world, so everyone please enjoy her and her work as i do :)"
November 23rd, 2009
"It is a pleasure to write a testimonial for Nancy …
This is a very talented, creative photographer who couples her photographs with such witty, yet thought provoking titles that I look forward to seeing both equally as much.
Nancy knows no limits to her subject matter and is able to capture each to perfection.
A talented lady, who is clever and witty… who can make me laugh and cry… and whose photos stir my heart.
Nancy is a faithful Flickr friend and I look forward to reading her comments on my posts as she takes time and thought with each of them.
I have been very fortunate to have found her and am grateful for her friendship ."
August 29th, 2009
"I love turtles, I'm not a Mom but I do love Kevin Bacon--Nancy on the other hand fits each one of these interesting items in her Flickr name. Although I did think bacon referred to the pork variety when we originally became friends, LOL! I love her photos and more than that (at times)--the humor she is so well known for. I like to pair quotations or poems with my photos; but Nancy is the champ--she always has the most fitting funny quotes that she uses as titles. It also touches my heart when she shares her love of her family with all of us--she is a special lady, that's for sure. She and I have also exchanged recipes--we both love to bake, so even if we didn't have photography in common, we'd still be friends. Speaking of photography--how could I write a testimonial without mentioning the amazing work that she does. I love her flower shots the best; but anything she snaps is always lovely--she often does some of the most creative framing I have ever seen on Flickr. Last but not least, she has a kitty named Pumpkin--same name as one of my long gone furry friends. Nancy, you are the best dear gal--I appreciate your talent but most of all your friendship! Turtley yours, sweetie!"
August 23rd, 2009
"I just want to say one thing about Nancy, other then am so Happy we are good friends but it my darkest days,all I had to do was see her photos,which are her way of showing what she is all about..wonderful,sweet and filled with humor.It’s her wonderful humor that has always put a smile on my face and made me feel better. Thank you Nancy, am sure you never realized how important you have been to me. Hugs sweet friend,,,,love ya"
August 16th, 2009
"Nancy has been my contact for some time now and she is a very special person and a fantastic photographer!! Simple objects become a work of art when she photographs it! She has a awesome sense of humor and I look forward to her posts everyday as I am sure to get a good chuckle!
Nancy is such an encourager on flickr. She faithfully visits my photo stream and makes kind comments on my pics. Take time to visit her and you will be uplifted!!!"
July 18th, 2009
Steel Steve says:
"A long overdue testimonial for a great flickr contact.
Nancy is talented, loyal and caring, her words and photos amuse, inspire and entertain.She tirelessly visits my photostream and I am grateful for her kind and amusing comments.
Most all she is a great friend."
July 10th, 2009
truculent cat says:
"Nancy is an amazing one of a kind person that I feel blessed to have found through Flickr. Not only is Nancy an amazing photographer, she is also an amazing human being and individual. She is genuine, warm, talented and a loyal contact but more than that she is a loyal friend and there is nothing more valuable than a genuine, loyal friend.
Nancy’s photography is a joy to see as well; I love seeing all those things that are important to Nancy, family (two legged, four legged or flippered), mementos and cherished items, the world around her in Florida and other areas of the U.S. Nancy has a way of transporting you and making you feel you are right beside her seeing exactly what she is looking at and experiencing.
Thank you Nancy, for always being there for me and for being a wonderful one of a kind Flickr friend…please don’t ever stop being you."
June 24th, 2009
Misty DawnS says:
"Nancy is a truly creative and talented individual. She also has a knack for putting a smile on my face every time I visit her photostream. If I'm having a bad day, visiting her photos (and wonderful titles and captions) always lifts my spirits. She is fun and sweet, and she is also burstng with talent for capturing the beauty of the world around her."
June 16th, 2009
"I am so, so lucky to count Nancy as one of my nicest Flickr Family Members.
She genuinely makes me laugh with her witty quotes and descriptions which are ALWAYS so SPOT ON and if I am feeling a bit down, I KNOW I can wander over to Nancy and she will cheer me up.
I love having a wander around Florida with her, seeing the ordinary turned into something extraordinary. Her stream is varied and interesting , just like she is.
You ROCK Nancy Gal!!!!!"
December 11th, 2008
"Thanks for your donation to wikipedia!"
November 13th, 2008
~Diana Nevermind~ says:
"Nancy l'd bet the ranch your PHOTO'S and your TITLES must make just about EVERYONE"S day......I know they make MINE..... :)
You possess a natural talent and it's evident in your photostream....Your positive and upbeat personality is a real PLEASURE...l'd really miss that so don't EVER think of changing... ;o)
Thanks so much for EVERYTHING and for ALL your support, Flickr rox because of people like YOU & that comes from MY heart! :o)"
October 15th, 2008
canmom ( Carrie ) says:
"Nancy is a fantastic photographer and has a great eye for nature's beauty. She sees the world through "artist" eyes! His compositions are delightfully unique and beautiful!
I love her brilliantly artistic eye and her sense of composition.
She is sincere. She is inspiring! She is supportive! She is amazing! Her photos at time make me laugh with cute little jokes added to them...showing her great sence of humor :=))) I am proud to call her a friend :=))
Not only is she an outstanding photographer but also a lovely person who always has kind words for her flickr contacts !
You are truly a gifted photographer and I feel so lucky that are path's in life crossed ..
Nancy, you are great. Thank you for everything friend. Bless you"
October 12th, 2008
~Kim's Picture Gallery~ says:
"Nancy is such a wonderful flickr friend, and she has the most interesting photos on her site. I love her work, and I am so glad that she is one of my contacts. She is always so very kind with her comments, fave and invites. You are a really a special person to me, and I just love all my flickr friends. You are one of the best! keep up the great work as I know you will! Hugs my sweet friend!
Your flickr friend,
October 10th, 2008
Lynn English says:
"I must write about Nancy, one of the best photographers on Flicke! God bless her with all the beauties she has posted along with her adorable titles! She is a treasure of a contact. How I look forward to her postings each day. Quite the talented lady she is!
She is a winner!
Bless you for your uplifting comments Nancy.. You are a true pro.
September 19th, 2008
"Turtles and sheep have many things in common.
We are peaceful by nature.
We take our time getting where we want to be, but eventually we do get there, oftentimes ahead of others perhaps better know for speed.
We have excellent taste in greens and other things that are good to eat.
We love flowers (some of which we find good enough to eat).
We're the homely kind, and love our families.
Plus, many sheep and turtles are know to be the artistic type.
No wonder Nancy has a special place in my heart."
September 11th, 2008
"Nancy is such a great person and friend. She is so creative and has a wonderful sense of humor. Her photographs and titles make my day. It is always a new surpise when I visit Nancy's photostream. Thanks for being such a sweet friend, Nancy!!"
September 10th, 2008
swt snookie says:
"Nancy is a wonderful flickr friend, she is a very creative and artistic photographer. There is never a dull moment with Nancy around, I love the way she looks at life!! I look forward each day to see what she has posted!! Thank you dear friend for sharing your photo's and your humor with me!! Hugs!!"
August 29th, 2008
"I so much enjoy going to Nancy's photostream. She is so very creative. You never know what you will find there, but I know it will always bring a smile to my face. Always a great photo. with wise words or a funny joke or riddle to go with it. And Nancy is such a kind soul. Always there with words of encouragement for her friends too. Thanks Nancy for always bringing a smile to my face and for your always kind words of support.. I look forward to much more of your creativity."
August 22nd, 2008
jittery pail says:
"i like turtles!"
April 9th, 2008
"Am I interested in turtles? No, not that much. Am I interested in flowers? OH no, not at all!! But why do I than add Nancy as a contact and spend so much time looking at her pictures?
Because she is a marvellous photographer!! And she is kind and funny! And she also have some other motives that are great, this photo www.flickr.com/ph... may very well be the best shot posted on Flickr of birds. And when that comes from a man that hates seagulls must it mean something! Take time to look through her pictures, it is very much worth it!"
February 15th, 2008
Rigs Clearwater Florida says:
"Well im very pleased to write my friends 1st testimonial...Nancy is what makes flickr so great...She is a great friend and always has sweet things to say...Besides being a great friend she is a talented artist with her creative skills...Nancy also is one of my Administrators in the group "l love my pic" and she has been a very big help to me....
thanks so much my friend for everything!!! *big hugs*"
February 5th, 2008
- June 2007
- Oak Park, IL
- I am:
- Female and Taken