An artist using photography as my medium but versed in intaglio, woodcut, lithography and collagraphs.
Art is art. It feeds on itself. It is emotion. It is opinion. It is revelation. It is revolution. It is political. It is classic. It is self serving. It is life. It is death. It is art.
Sweet dreams of memories long past will come around again to entertain you with details you missed the first time.
"Truth is written by the passage of time. The problem begins with interpretation by each man that thinks he can read what was written." TM Surratt, Jr. 8-6-09
A wise man once said;
Time moves. Pictures stay still.
Henri Cartier-Bresson once said, “Sharpness is a bourgeois concept.”
I'm just beginning to feel the validity of this statement and find it hard to put in practice after spending all my photography career striving to make things tack sharp... I'm working on it as an artistic movement in my pictures but it's just not easy.
Photos of TMSurrattPhotography (8)
- tuaw 13,078 photos, 2,933 members
- ThePhoblographer 60,973 photos, 3,032 members
- bitches brew | NO PEOPLE!!! 295,583 photos, 4,182 members
- Your Best Shot 2013 11,239 photos, 14,212 members
- More Than Portraits 12,845 photos, 1,019 members
- Forefront Art 12,072 photos, 519 members
- Graves, Tombs And Cemeteries 266,620 photos, 39,425 members
- Graves,Tombs and Graveyards 10,512 photos, 528 members
- Grave stones and Grave yards 43,989 photos, 1,648 members
- OFFICIAL Carl Zeiss Lenses Group 21,630 photos, 13,798 members
- ~~fence friday~~(NOT the original) 19,172 photos, 1,068 members
- US Route 1, VA / NC / SC ONLY 64 photos, 9 members
- The NPR Jazz Photography Pool 779 photos, 93 members
- rotoballe 10,550 photos, 3,234 members
- Fence Photography 13,680 photos, 1,163 members
- Our State Magazine 18,961 photos, 471 members
- The Artist Interview Nook 87 photos, 198 members
- Fenced In 6,589 photos, 751 members
- don't fence me in 9,626 photos, 596 members
- Rural Darkness 11,178 photos, 998 members
- Fencehs Anonymous - we <3 fencehs 669 photos, 45 members
- Soulful Artists 5,507 photos, 197 members
- Fenced Friday 45,232 photos, 2,983 members
- Fench Friday 13,252 photos, 924 members
- PLANET EARTH SUNRISE SUNSETS 55,018 photos, 3,929 members
- Welcome To Oz 8,338 photos, 902 members
- Nature's Reclamation -- NOT a decay group! 12,366 photos, 1,010 members
- Your Very Best 48,651 photos, 1,896 members
- Antweaks Roadshow 361 photos, 25 members
- Stuff That Plays Music 1,785 photos, 64 members
- Canon 17-40 f/4L USM Group 173,604 photos, 9,325 members
- Sweet Soul Music 1,655 photos, 230 members
- Jazz Ladies 1,920 photos, 86 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,251 photos, 18,837 members
- Fascination Nostalgia 14,922 photos, 675 members
- Texture Squared 19,984 photos, 1,424 members
- Photography Is The Air My Soul Breathes 31,044 photos, 531 members
- Solitude 59,966 photos, 3,438 members
- World Portraits: Close Up, 1 Face 3,938 photos, 1,192 members
- Alternative Views 110,159 photos, 4,011 members
- Architecture of the Old South 4,529 photos, 153 members
- Worlds Largest Photography Project Ever 24 photos, 55 members
- Genie's Portrait Gallery ~ by Admin Invitation Post 1 - Award 2 1,861 photos, 274 members
- Ricks Pix 251 photos, 526 members
- Future Photo Art 6,131 photos, 278 members
- Historic Barns of the South 1,229 photos, 169 members
- Vanishing South 7,311 photos, 303 members
- aPeeling Paint 29,855 photos, 2,431 members
- Silent Decay USA: South-East 4,639 photos, 245 members
- Rural America 105,119 photos, 3,219 members
I enjoy very much touring your gallery friend. It is an awesome place for this Texan to take a look at your wonderful art , awesome sights and amazing portraits. Your natural ability to capture finish and present images in such a beautiful way is very generous of you...I am never disappointed when browsing your gallery and invite you'll to do the same.
A sense of history grandeur and respect for the past is evident and so well shared with us "history buffs" love for the country life in every aspect is captured well and presented elegantly and beautifully...sometimes your images take me back to my own childhood and therein lies the beauty of your gallery; the ability to move one's soul and be transported to another time...A wonderful time!
Pleas enjoy THE GALLERY and come back to let him know how much you've enjoyed his images...
Greetings from Texas my friend!
September 21st, 2010
"Tim is THE barn photographer extraordinaire here in Flickr, one of my most supportive and inspirational cyberfriend."
March 10th, 2011
Doug Logan Photography says:
"To even briefly glance at one of his portraits means that you have viewed the deepest reaches of that subject's being. I can now see why some cultures refuse to have their photographs taken for fear that the photographer will "steal" their soul. Tim has this uncanny gift to be able to capture the true soul of his subjects and present it to his audience. In a very short time of knowing him through Flickr and having the opportunity to have met him for only a few moments, I can also understand the depth of the artist who's eye sees the spirit of his focus.
What's even more amazing is Tim's ability to see the soul of an abandoned building or a deserted farm-scape. He continues to document "Americana" through his lens and shows us the essence of times gone by, but fortunately not forgotten!
I always look forward to seeing his new work as well as adaptations on older shots. Tim is truly an accomplished artist, seeing beyond light and shadow. But the great thing about him is his personal humility and outward humanity. Thanks for sharing yourself through your art and for being more than willing to lend positive thoughts or constructive criticisms to a new photographer!"
January 17th, 2010
- June 2008
- I am:
- Male and Taken