my last upload on flickr dates back to June 13, 2007 - i subsequently retired from the world and went missing, many things went by, i also stopped taking pictures for a while then got back to it, then thought: let's try this again.
my old work, i guess, is best browsed here: www.flickriver.com/photos/tsunaminotes/popular-interesting/
as for the most recent one, well, i'll be posting it as days go by.
- Beautiful Capture 5,102,187 photos, 118,524 members
- VSCO Film 180,745 photos, 8,240 members
- The Portrait Group 3,021,036 photos, 164,215 members
- Fashion & Style 236,849 photos, 12,256 members
- FASHION ♥ PASSION 191,494 photos, 10,230 members
- Interesting Portraits ☺ [people] 713,159 photos, 28,523 members
- Fashion 342,975 photos, 19,854 members
- Fashion Editorial 2.0 89,955 photos, 6,363 members
- Fashion Image 1,740 photos, 88 members
- Fashion Photography Critique 111,343 photos, 9,417 members
- Flickr VOGUE 166,260 photos, 5,708 members
- Portrait Photography Lovers 176,480 photos, 7,309 members
- Portrait Photography Business 245,208 photos, 16,869 members
- Portraits have Souls 296,387 photos, 11,462 members
- portraits and faces. 1,827,973 photos, 92,802 members
- Portrait★Faces 108,134 photos, 52,661 members
- PORTRAITS - A Gallery for your Best Portraiture 916,694 photos, 33,894 members
- The Models That We Shoot 276,865 photos, 8,276 members
- The Purity of Beauty 37,990 photos, 1,708 members
- Portraiture 1,010,118 photos, 36,469 members
- VOGUE 175,476 photos, 7,618 members
- Portraits 'n Fashion 189,925 photos, 8,489 members
- The Fashion Times 122,669 photos, 4,148 members
- Fashion Europe 97,719 photos, 6,458 members
- Fashion World 199,141 photos, 11,440 members
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY 786,161 photos, 54,129 members
- **NEW** Hardcore Street Life 34,851 photos, 2,635 members
- All People 4,360,244 photos, 117,378 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,152 photos, 79,246 members
- Color and Colors 3,566,595 photos, 98,076 members
- !Catchy Colors 4,392,365 photos, 179,371 members
- Beautiful Light 1,760,238 photos, 65,502 members
- Red Rule 653,273 photos, 57,396 members
- Nature Photography 2,904,233 photos, 79,661 members
- Advanced Photography in the Digital Age (Invitation) 67,090 photos, 3,221 members
- Flickr Friday 32,553 photos, 37,651 members
- RAW Street Photography 1,415,141 photos, 43,671 members
- Street Photography Magazine 532,474 photos, 19,652 members
- The Street Photographer Notebook E-Magazine 5,392 photos, 2,785 members
- Rhyming Amidst the Grime - Streettogs 2,198 photos, 294 members
- Street radical 110,864 photos, 4,544 members
- Street Photographers 544,739 photos, 8,976 members
- Street Photography - Image of People. 300,915 photos, 9,054 members
- Street Photography Blog 1,491,296 photos, 47,580 members
- Street Photography International 310,656 photos, 9,423 members
- The Street Photograph (Black and White Street Photography) 312,656 photos, 7,174 members
- Unusual Street Portraits 2,974 photos, 284 members
- MOMENT OF THE WORLD 15,838 photos, 233 members
- Urban Life Perspectives 360,371 photos, 7,264 members
- Solo Robados / Candid photography only 13,344 photos, 499 members
J. Star says:
"The work of Tsunami Notes is an amazing combination of the emotional and cerebral, of color and form, of grit and beauty. He is one of my Flickr favorites; his images are things I see in dreams, visions of an alternate universe, sometimes utopian, sometimes hellish. He is an amazing artist and I'm so glad to have found him on Flickr."
June 22nd, 2006
"Paolo has the ability to fascinate me with his shots. He is very introspective and it is really for this characteristic that I like. It is not banal. I follow him, as it was my teacher."
June 21st, 2006
"paolo adjusts the camera angle, shoots -- and we get this visual bacchanal, literary philosophic otherworldly images that draw the viewer in and in and in. he is, as carlos saura remarked about one of the dancers he filmed, a great seducer of intelligence. paolo listens to the voices the rest of us trained ourselves away from and no longer hear. and the result: complexity, beauty, stunning originality, cinematic moments that are complete within themselves yet spin in every direction.
his is the only work i know that never bores me, that always without fail merits and rewards repeated study."
March 21st, 2006
"Paolo, chapeaux bas. I don't know you as much as i wish to but am 100% sure would love your life and would get addicted to it. just as i got addicted to your photos. they always say something like: 'it's not about the quantity but the quality!'. each photo of yours seems like a trip. and i'm always willing to participate in it. please keep going. Laura and you make flickr a really nice place to be (and see). xx"
March 12th, 2006
"Paolo! gosh, i don't need to say a word, your photostream is full of treasures! i can jump from one photo into another and every single one is a pleasure to look at, producing an effect! provoking a thought, a feeling, sensation...
effective pieces of work! the land of tsunaminotes is full of moodish places, breathtaking skies! wonderful clouds! CLOUDS! he's a photographer and a painter, i would not hesitate to let him paint my world; amazing colours even when talking about black&white!
and Paolo! you're such a SMOKER! :P but i adore your smoking portraits ; )
and 'nuvola va via', the picture of the white dog! among all your wonderful pictures this one haunts me! Questa foto è proprio spettacolare, complimenti per lo scatto!
Paolo, 'Il miglior fabbro'!"
February 4th, 2006
"The first picture I saw was "it's going up. so it must be heaven".I was and I still fascinated.The words and the picture were perfect and powerful.I became a real fan.
Paolo's pictures are masterpieces.They are stunning.
Each time it's a great pleasure to discover his pictures.It's a real journey."
September 16th, 2005
Sully Pixel says:
"Paolo's technique is right on. Amazing color and the emotion which his work is known to express is truly moving. I have this guy on my short list. Keep up the good work. -- Jonathan"
June 7th, 2005
"If Kafka had roamed Northern Italy with a digital camera, I think the resulting pictures would look a lot like Tsunami Notes'. He brings a different view to his pictures. Thoughtful, somber, usually surprising, they capture a very unique mood. There's always something thought-provoking in Tsunami Notes' photostream."
April 12th, 2005
- Paolo Ippoliti
- December 2004
- I am: