Charis Tsevis is a Greek visual designer living and working in Pafos, Cyprus.
He holds a Diploma in Graphic Design from the Akademie für das Grafische Gewerbe, München and a Master in Visual Design from the Scuola Politecnica di Design, Milano.
He manages a modest studio serving clients all over the world.
His client list includes companies like Nike, Google, Ferrari, PepsiCo, Toyota and IKEA, advertising agencies like TBWA\Chiat\Day, Saatchi & Saatchi LA, DDB Munich and Leo Burnett Hong Kong and media like Time, Fortune, Wired and the Wall Street Journal.
Charis is a visiting professor of Editorial Design and Typography at the AKTO College in Athens since the year 1996. He has also presented seminars at the Panteion University of Athens and he has given lectures in numerous national and international conferences and symposiums such as the International Conference on Typography and Visual Communication, the TEDx Athens, the Adobe D-Day and many more.
Charis is often writing articles about design theory, aesthetics and history of computing in some highly respected art and IT magazines in Greece (+design, RAM etc).
He has also written 2 books about Adobe Photoshop.
Charis' work is awarded in ED Awards (Europe), Epica Awards (Europe), NPSA (USA), Behance (USA), EBGE (Greece) and others. He is named for 3 times in a row as one of the 200 World's Best Illustrators by Lürzer's Archive.
Charis' work has been featured in many books, magazines and websites around the world.
His art work has been presented in exhibitions in Athens, Barcelona, San Jose and other cities around the globe.
Since 2016 Lumas is selling series of his art.
You can buy limited edition signed copies of Charis work on his e-shop.
Photos of tsevis (2)
- Drawbots 290 photos, 79 members
- Public Domain 18,156 photos, 1,224 members
- The best of world picture 1,318,174 photos, 31,711 members
- embroidery design 3,576 photos, 474 members
- Embroidery Stitch Gallery 1,249 photos, 224 members
- Original Hand Embroidery Patterns 3,511 photos, 746 members
- NBA Wallpapers 337 photos, 108 members
- NBA Basketball 6,636 photos, 630 members
- NBA 371 photos, 97 members
- NBA (National Basketball Association) 2,748 photos, 521 members
- NBA Stuff 579 photos, 63 members
- Cleveland Cavaliers 1,435 photos, 105 members
- loving spiderman 288 photos, 64 members
- Photo Collages 46 photos, 3 members
- Good old barefoot days 13,361 photos, 358 members
- Allure and Beauty: Beautiful Vintage Women and Girls 60,852 photos, 875 members
- Life is a Ride 4,283 photos, 59 members
- Vintage Advertising & Antiques 19,402 photos, 484 members
- vintage 19,838 photos, 978 members
- vintage clothing patterns 16,750 photos, 2,323 members
- Vintage Childrens Books 31,156 photos, 5,313 members
- Mid Century Modern - Sticker, Label + Stamp Club 6,876 photos, 1,173 members
- Retro/Vintage Magazines - Ads/Fashion/Everything 27,354 photos, 1,155 members
- Retro Beach 4,569 photos, 873 members
- Vintage Magazines for women 3,336 photos, 328 members
- Vintage Swimwear 2,722 photos, 479 members
- Futurismo Elettronico - Electronic Futurism 1,062 photos, 905 members
- Best 1000 Free Pictures 1,065 photos, 724 members
- AFRICAN TEXTILES 175 photos, 31 members
- african fabrics 792 photos, 189 members
- Áfrikan Textiles Gallery 1,975 photos, 161 members
- The Adinkra - Kente Zone 342 photos, 68 members
- Anything Norfolk Southern 15,058 photos, 119 members
- Norfolk Southern Gallery 16,487 photos, 202 members
- Norfolk Southern fans 39,835 photos, 436 members
- Railroads 404,460 photos, 7,504 members
- trains 549,164 photos, 12,698 members
- I Love Trains 806,083 photos, 17,722 members
- Railways, trains and train stations 108,339 photos, 1,413 members
- Railway 1,043,839 photos, 7,759 members
- 1945 to 1973 Mid-Century, Modern Interiors 23,116 photos, 5,505 members
- Signless Signs 1,538 photos, 260 members
- Astronomy For Beginners 10,385 photos, 707 members
- History of Astronomy 255 photos, 112 members
- Astronomy and Space Science - For Explorers of All Ages 10,434 photos, 648 members
- Astronomy 125,530 photos, 14,823 members
- Food Glorious Food 303,413 photos, 10,880 members
- Food around the world 253,923 photos, 19,112 members
- Food Court 80,334 photos, 5,895 members
- !Flickr Food & Cuisine Around the world *none food pics will be 266,819 photos, 10,872 members
January 16th, 2012
"Di solito sono piuttosto critico e poco incline ai complimenti gratuiti, ma tutto questo non vale per Charis, un artista straordinario le cui opere sono ricercate ed apprezzate in tutto il mondo, e sinceramente ne invidio talento, capacità e risultati ottenuti.
Usually I'm very critical and not inclined to praise free, but this does not apply to Charis, an extraordinary artist whose artworks are sought and appreciated world wide, and honestly I envy his talent, skills and achievements."
March 28th, 2011
Vector Hugo says:
"Combine pioneering visual experimentation with unlimited creativity, passion and kindness and you have Charis."
February 17th, 2010
Heart of Áfrika Designs says:
"Just in the tradition of the ancient textile weavers of Afrika, your mosaics speak without words...sing an epic tale!"
January 1st, 2010
"Que más puedo agregar...Es una artista original súper creativo y jugado, con creaciones que tienen un trabajo muy minucioso...
Sólo tienen que observar su galería que esta llena de creatividad, muy recomendable!"
October 26th, 2009
eight instrument says:
"your works are absolutely awesome"
February 19th, 2009
"I originally met Charis on an online forum-flaming-war about MACs and PCs. At a certain point I became his sworn forum enemy!
All that changed however, at the point we started a personal conversation and later on we met on several occasions.
It was at this point that I realised one extremely important point about his character:
If you strip Charis from his multi-talented Homo Universalis persona, above and beyond all, he is a true friend and a passionate man.
He is the one that will support his friends, stand on his beliefs and will never pretend of being someone else, for publicity's sake.
Even now that he is known worldwide!
We are friends because he is simply Charis.
Nothing more, nothing else.
PS: Now I have one imac and two PCs and running all three OSes known to man. But I earn most of my daily bread from the mac.
Thanks to him"
February 2nd, 2009
"Charis is a truly fearless artist. He dares to go the extra experimental mile where others rest within their perceived and false safety. He always attempts to be in touch with the zeitgeist of our era, that is now seemingly changing so fast, while the core remains eternally the same."
July 22nd, 2008
Peggy Dembicer says:
"Tsevis is a great experimenter with awesome results. Looking at his work is inspiring."
May 29th, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Since much has been said about his artistic ability and skills, I wanted to comment about Charis on a different level. Though I know him only through our interaction here on Flickr, I believe that Charis has a warm soul and is a very kind hearted man. His comments always make me smile and feel good about myself, and that is a very beautiful thing. He always seems willing and able to notice the deep sentimental value of art, and is very gracious upon receiving compliments. He clearly puts thought into most every comment he makes, something that is generally rare in this large community. As a member of the flickr community Charis Tsevis deserves a big Bravo!"
February 21st, 2007
"Charis is my big brother!
He's an amazing person and artist and I'm so proud of him...
I grew up having him as a role model, so it was inevitable that I studied graphic design!!
Love you big brother! :D"
August 23rd, 2006
"Dedication and devotion to my teacher
as not only being a "Grand master" to me
and also as a friend.
It a person who is a true lover for what he does.
Respect to my teacher and friend.
Thanx would be just nothing compared to for
what i learnd from him.
thank you master"
May 28th, 2006
"I feel so lucky having Charis Tsevis as a teacher. His advices and his persistence are a true treasure not only for me, but for everybody.
I admire him both for his talent and creativity but also for his great personality.
No matter what the problem is, he is always there searching for solutions.
I will never be able to thank him enough!"
May 26th, 2006
fantastical produce says:
"Charis Tsevis is a person who's willing each and every moment of this vague life to push creativity and innovation to their limits just to teach the rest of us that life is not as vague as we are used to see it. He is able at anytime to turn upside down and inside out our whole view on this human world and its creations with just some clicks of his mouse!"
May 22nd, 2006
"She was all of thirty-four years old when she discovered that she was, in fact, just what her parents had always told her: the product of a Russian-authored PhotoShop plug-in."
May 21st, 2006
"I am sorry I am not using Greek since I am not very skilled to express my feelings correctly. Tsevis you are trully gifted and I liked everything from your website to the photos and projects youhave on Flickr. Is good to see some talent from motherland pleasing the crowds of the online world. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the friend add. I ll keep my eye on you in the future. I am sure your students are so lucky to have you as a teacher"
May 10th, 2006
- Charis Tsevis
- December 2005
- Athens, Greece
- Paphos, Cyprus
- I am:
- Visual Designer
- Tsevis Visual Design