Hello all! My name is Charis Tsevis and I am a visual designer living and working in Greece.
I am holding a Diploma of Graphic Design from the Akademie fur das Grafishe Gewerbe, Munchen and a Master in Visual Design from the Scuola Politecnica di Design, Milano.
I am managing my own studio by the name of "Tsevis Visual Design" in Athens serving clients all over the world.
Our client list includes companies like Nike, PepsiCo, Toyota and IKEA, advertising agencies like TBWA\Chiat\Day, Saatchi & Saatchi LA, DDB Munich and Leo Burnett Hong Kong and media like Time, Fortune, Wired and the Wall Street Journal.
Since 1996 I am a part time professor of Editorial Design and Typography at the AKTO College of Art and Design, where I had the honor to serve as a Vice Head of the Graphic Design Department for the years 2002 - 2004.
I have also presented seminars at the Panteion University of Athens and have given lectures in numerous national and international conferences and symposiums like the International Conference on Typography and Visual Communication or the Adobe D-Day.
I am a columnist in some of the most respected design and computer magazines in Greece (+design, RAM etc.).
I have written two books about Adobe Photoshop published by Lambrakis Press in Greece. These two books are the absolute best sellers for Adobe Photoshop in Greece.
My work is awarded in ED Awards (Europe), Epica Awards (Europe), NPSA (USA), EBGE (Greece) etc.
I also belong to the Parachute Fonts circle of type designers since the year 2001 having designed 10 typefaces. My PF Libera is one of the top-selling script typefaces in Greece and has been awarded with an EBGE merit (Greek Graphic Design Awards) in 2002.
I am a founding member of Visual Communication Designers' Club (vcdc) in Greece, a regular member of the Greek Graphic Design Association (GGDA) and a regular member of ATypI (Association Typographique International).
Facebook page: www.facebook.com/CharisTsevis
Facebook account: www.facebook.com/tsevis
Photos of tsevis (2)
- Fantasia/TookitStartup 0 photos, 12 members
- Techno 6,614 photos, 620 members
- Techno Live Sets 183 photos, 58 members
- I LOVE TECHNO 285 photos, 83 members
- detroit techno 378 photos, 87 members
- Ferrari World 29,116 photos, 818 members
- Formula 1 50,324 photos, 2,214 members
- Scuderia Ferrari 22,457 photos, 1,206 members
- F1 45,859 photos, 1,647 members
- Motorsport 101,300 photos, 2,528 members
- Formula One 69,964 photos, 3,977 members
- MacFlickr 1,289 photos, 197 members
- Apple Lovers | 194 photos, 84 members
- The Apple Blog 879 photos, 187 members
- Apple in digital 43 photos, 16 members
- Apple Inc. 7,736 photos, 1,616 members
- #macintosh 501 photos, 45 members
- RetroMacCast 677 photos, 51 members
- RasTafari / Selassie I 2,969 photos, 779 members
- Dynamically Art 753 photos, 43 members
- I Love Aruba 1,461 photos, 148 members
- Aruba 6,888 photos, 526 members
- vintage graphis 594 photos, 170 members
- Psychedelic Art 12,338 photos, 1,055 members
- ...:Music:... 2,850 photos, 1,099 members
- Reggae in Dub 10,335 photos, 1,303 members
- Reggae is the Best 1,320 photos, 150 members
- Reggae Art 406 photos, 109 members
- Reggae in Jamaica 2,303 photos, 480 members
- Everything Reggae! 8,371 photos, 793 members
- International Reggae Poster Contest 17 photos, 4 members
- Skateboarding Flickrites 49,458 photos, 3,879 members
- Skateboarding 82,810 photos, 9,930 members
- Raves 9,171 photos, 1,106 members
- Trance Music Photo's 1,828 photos, 102 members
- Trance & Progressive DJ's 255 photos, 81 members
- Trance DJs 188 photos, 64 members
- Mosaic Monday 6,842 photos, 939 members
- Atlético de Madrid 1,446 photos, 159 members
- Nënë Tereza - Mother Teresa - Madre Teresa 183 photos, 74 members
- Christianity 21,591 photos, 1,417 members
- woodstock 5 stelle - musica e futuro 530 photos, 77 members
- V-Day 284 photos, 38 members
- Movimento 5 Stelle - V-Day 816 photos, 316 members
- Meetup Verona 35 photos, 9 members
- VAFFA-DAY 708 photos, 127 members
- Five Star Movement 134 photos, 31 members
- Italy 317,593 photos, 13,322 members
- Movimento 5 stelle di Beppe Grillo - SALERNO 100 photos, 4 members
- Barack Obama 98 photos, 21 members
16th January, 2012
"Di solito sono piuttosto critico e poco incline ai complimenti gratuiti, ma tutto questo non vale per Charis, un artista straordinario le cui opere sono ricercate ed apprezzate in tutto il mondo, e sinceramente ne invidio talento, capacità e risultati ottenuti.
Usually I'm very critical and not inclined to praise free, but this does not apply to Charis, an extraordinary artist whose artworks are sought and appreciated world wide, and honestly I envy his talent, skills and achievements."
28th March, 2011
Vector Hugo says:
"Combine pioneering visual experimentation with unlimited creativity, passion and kindness and you have Charis."
17th February, 2010
Heart of Áfrika Designs says:
"Just in the tradition of the ancient textile weavers of Afrika, your mosaics speak without words...sing an epic tale!"
1st January, 2010
"Que más puedo agregar...Es una artista original súper creativo y jugado, con creaciones que tienen un trabajo muy minucioso...
Sólo tienen que observar su galería que esta llena de creatividad, muy recomendable!"
26th October, 2009
Circular Axis says:
"your works are absolutely awesome"
19th February, 2009
"I originally met Charis on an online forum-flaming-war about MACs and PCs. At a certain point I became his sworn forum enemy!
All that changed however, at the point we started a personal conversation and later on we met on several occasions.
It was at this point that I realised one extremely important point about his character:
If you strip Charis from his multi-talented Homo Universalis persona, above and beyond all, he is a true friend and a passionate man.
He is the one that will support his friends, stand on his beliefs and will never pretend of being someone else, for publicity's sake.
Even now that he is known worldwide!
We are friends because he is simply Charis.
Nothing more, nothing else.
PS: Now I have one imac and two PCs and running all three OSes known to man. But I earn most of my daily bread from the mac.
Thanks to him"
2nd February, 2009
"Charis is a truly fearless artist. He dares to go the extra experimental mile where others rest within their perceived and false safety. He always attempts to be in touch with the zeitgeist of our era, that is now seemingly changing so fast, while the core remains eternally the same."
22nd July, 2008
Peggy Dembicer says:
"Tsevis is a great experimenter with awesome results. Looking at his work is inspiring."
29th May, 2007
Josh Sommers says:
"Since much has been said about his artistic ability and skills, I wanted to comment about Charis on a different level. Though I know him only through our interaction here on Flickr, I believe that Charis has a warm soul and is a very kind hearted man. His comments always make me smile and feel good about myself, and that is a very beautiful thing. He always seems willing and able to notice the deep sentimental value of art, and is very gracious upon receiving compliments. He clearly puts thought into most every comment he makes, something that is generally rare in this large community. As a member of the flickr community Charis Tsevis deserves a big Bravo!"
21st February, 2007
"Charis is my big brother!
He's an amazing person and artist and I'm so proud of him...
I grew up having him as a role model, so it was inevitable that I studied graphic design!!
Love you big brother! :D"
23rd August, 2006
"Dedication and devotion to my teacher
as not only being a "Grand master" to me
and also as a friend.
It a person who is a true lover for what he does.
Respect to my teacher and friend.
Thanx would be just nothing compared to for
what i learnd from him.
thank you master"
28th May, 2006
"I feel so lucky having Charis Tsevis as a teacher. His advices and his persistence are a true treasure not only for me, but for everybody.
I admire him both for his talent and creativity but also for his great personality.
No matter what the problem is, he is always there searching for solutions.
I will never be able to thank him enough!"
26th May, 2006
"Charis Tsevis is a person who's willing each and every moment of this vague life to push creativity and innovation to their limits just to teach the rest of us that life is not as vague as we are used to see it. He is able at anytime to turn upside down and inside out our whole view on this human world and its creations with just some clicks of his mouse!"
22nd May, 2006
"She was all of thirty-four years old when she discovered that she was, in fact, just what her parents had always told her: the product of a Russian-authored PhotoShop plug-in."
21st May, 2006
"I am sorry I am not using Greek since I am not very skilled to express my feelings correctly. Tsevis you are trully gifted and I liked everything from your website to the photos and projects youhave on Flickr. Is good to see some talent from motherland pleasing the crowds of the online world. Keep up the good work. And thanks for the friend add. I ll keep my eye on you in the future. I am sure your students are so lucky to have you as a teacher"
10th May, 2006
- Charis Tsevis
- December 2005
- Athens, Greece
- Athens, Greece
- I am:
- Visual Designer
- Tsevis Visual Design