I am a writer, photographer and mom.
I am also a ...
Visit the family BLOG at
Visit my photography web site
Want to read my column, but can't find The Record at your local newsstand?
Go to www.troyrecord.com Search for "Siobhan Connally" and something should turn up.
"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise."
"It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again."
-- Diane Arbus
Photos of toyfoto (1)
- Flickr Friday 38,141 photos, 41,086 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,694 photos, 6,166 members
- Winter 2011-2012 184 photos, 47 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 27,286 photos, 1,290 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 418,139 photos, 17,208 members
- MobiTog - THE Original Global Mobile Photography Community 80,251 photos, 1,176 members
- Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments 184,900 photos, 56,811 members
- FlickrCentric 71 photos, 233 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 17,816 photos, 21,576 members
- The Funnest Flock Ever! 55 photos, 14 members
- October 10, 2010 1,688 photos, 2,384 members
- Goodwill Halloween! 20 photos, 4 members
- Uncle Sam - The National Symbol of the United States 2,926 photos, 215 members
- INTERIOR DECOR FOCAL POINT -- DECO 41 Style 1,265 photos, 130 members
- Columbia County, New York 1,905 photos, 107 members
- Our Adorable Kids 4,089 photos, 156 members
- Toys =D 63,938 photos, 1,861 members
- Project 365 1,937,332 photos, 30,949 members
- **Handmade Is Better!** 19,915 photos, 646 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 342 photos, 65 members
- Good Housekeeping Gone Bad 14 photos, 19 members
- Home Decorating 5,561 photos, 547 members
- The NYC Subway 52,825 photos, 16,111 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 26,394 photos, 20,733 members
- PSV Ornament Exchange 78 photos, 23 members
- 10 Things Others Say About You! 24 photos, 115 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,411 photos, 544 members
- Flickr Celebrates New Year's 2009 40 photos, 39 members
- Flickr Commons 2,636 photos, 2,504 members
- Olympus Pen EE 13,547 photos, 1,632 members
- A message for Obama 748 photos, 1,327 members
- US Election 2008 890 photos, 518 members
- American Life Photo Contest 4,375 photos, 1,142 members
- great greetings! 163 photos, 113 members
- relentlesstoil international 34 photos, 23 members
- Nikon D300 Users 583,665 photos, 17,425 members
- Come As You Are - Sweetney.com Challenge 92 photos, 151 members
- Quotografie 699 photos, 91 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,263 photos, 945 members
- savvydaddy 56 photos, 46 members
- Self-Portrait Truthiness 388 photos, 242 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,400 photos, 3,142 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,372 photos, 4,810 members
- MASS MoCA 3,413 photos, 358 members
- Leap Day 2008 5 photos, 15 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 187,197 photos, 17,937 members
- The Children That We Were 687 photos, 201 members
- Shutter Sisters 467,193 photos, 12,799 members
- Visual Word-of-the-Day 9 photos, 26 members
- Flickr Mom's Rock 626 photos, 167 members
"Most family-specific photostreams are really boring: really on the family cares about seeing them, which is just fine. Siobhan's is different. From the beginning I've found her images of her family and personal life engaging, photographically foremost, but through that also emotionally. I won't pretend to have deep insight from photographs, because I know nothing really about Siobhan or her family, but her stream has kept me coming back to my own personal fantasy of this family formed through these images.
July 24th, 2007
autumn fawn says:
"As a mother of a toddler, I relate to the images of Siobhan's family- the visits to the grandparent's house, the first haircut, the way we fall in love with our husband's for being such good fathers, the sometimes scary and always awesome power we see in our children,...well, maybe she isn't always saying all of that exactly like that but when I see her images and read her titles, those are some of the things I feel in response. She is also a writer and while she rarely puts much in the descriptions, her titles tell you all you need to know. And they often are poetic. And ironic. And profound. And hilarious. She's willing to show the not so perfect photo but totally perfect moments photos, which I love. I expect many beautiful photos; I always expect real and emotional photos."
October 28th, 2006
Aaroneous Monk says:
"Toyfoto is absolutely and unequivocally weird-tastic! Her quirks and perks make for delectable photos that I could chew on all day. They give me ocular indigestion, I kid you not!"
June 14th, 2006
Be Still says:
"Visiting Toyfoto's photostream is always an adventure. I look forward to her updates because it usually results in a new FAVE!
Her creativity extends beyond picture taking and into the witty comments she leaves for others. She makes the Flickr universe a great place for me to hang out."
March 31st, 2006
"I can't believe I'm the first one to write a testimonial for Siobhan. I've taken great delight in her photostream for some time, from the first glimpse at 'generations V' to photos of adorable Annabel to her evocative black and white portraits. Her kindness is evident in both her pictures and her words, a true inspiration in the Flickr community."
March 7th, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Siobhan Connally photographs