I am a writer, photographer and mom.
I am also a ...
Visit the family BLOG at
Visit my photography web site
Want to read my column, but can't find The Record at your local newsstand?
Go to www.troyrecord.com Search for "Siobhan Connally" and something should turn up.
"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise."
"It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again."
-- Diane Arbus
Photos of toyfoto (1)
- Flickr Friday 21,024 photos, 31,122 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,869 photos, 6,502 members
- Winter 2011-2012 224 photos, 49 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 24,817 photos, 1,307 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 386,840 photos, 17,150 members
- MobiTog - THE Original Global Mobile Photography Community 65,999 photos, 1,011 members
- Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments 183,303 photos, 57,521 members
- FlickrCentric 75 photos, 238 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,241 photos, 22,191 members
- The Funnest Flock Ever! 55 photos, 16 members
- October 10, 2010 1,749 photos, 2,461 members
- Goodwill Halloween! 20 photos, 4 members
- Uncle Sam - The National Symbol of the United States 2,576 photos, 182 members
- INTERIOR DECOR FOCAL POINT -- DECO 41 Style 1,256 photos, 102 members
- Columbia County, New York 1,717 photos, 98 members
- Our Adorable Kids 2,358 photos, 147 members
- Toys =D 43,677 photos, 1,528 members
- Project 365 1,840,169 photos, 30,417 members
- **Handmade Is Better!** 18,197 photos, 623 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 406 photos, 64 members
- Good Housekeeping Gone Bad 14 photos, 19 members
- Home Decorating 3,665 photos, 430 members
- The NYC Subway 49,419 photos, 14,835 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 25,964 photos, 19,910 members
- PSV Ornament Exchange 79 photos, 23 members
- 10 Things Others Say About You! 24 photos, 119 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,509 photos, 548 members
- Flickr Celebrates New Year's 2009 40 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Commons 2,504 photos, 2,146 members
- Olympus Pen EE 11,139 photos, 1,326 members
- A message for Obama 791 photos, 1,356 members
- US Election 2008 917 photos, 525 members
- American Life Photo Contest 4,459 photos, 1,157 members
- great greetings! 170 photos, 114 members
- relentlesstoil international 35 photos, 23 members
- Nikon D300 Users 565,084 photos, 17,390 members
- Come As You Are - Sweetney.com Challenge 96 photos, 155 members
- Quotografie 702 photos, 94 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,434 photos, 952 members
- savvydaddy 56 photos, 44 members
- Self-Portrait Truthiness 434 photos, 243 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,741 photos, 3,197 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,426 photos, 4,933 members
- MASS MoCA 3,544 photos, 363 members
- Leap Day 2008 5 photos, 15 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 175,057 photos, 17,704 members
- The Children That We Were 648 photos, 195 members
- Shutter Sisters 443,790 photos, 12,821 members
- Visual Word-of-the-Day 10 photos, 24 members
- Flickr Mom's Rock 651 photos, 167 members
"Most family-specific photostreams are really boring: really on the family cares about seeing them, which is just fine. Siobhan's is different. From the beginning I've found her images of her family and personal life engaging, photographically foremost, but through that also emotionally. I won't pretend to have deep insight from photographs, because I know nothing really about Siobhan or her family, but her stream has kept me coming back to my own personal fantasy of this family formed through these images.
July 24th, 2007
autumn fawn says:
"As a mother of a toddler, I relate to the images of Siobhan's family- the visits to the grandparent's house, the first haircut, the way we fall in love with our husband's for being such good fathers, the sometimes scary and always awesome power we see in our children,...well, maybe she isn't always saying all of that exactly like that but when I see her images and read her titles, those are some of the things I feel in response. She is also a writer and while she rarely puts much in the descriptions, her titles tell you all you need to know. And they often are poetic. And ironic. And profound. And hilarious. She's willing to show the not so perfect photo but totally perfect moments photos, which I love. I expect many beautiful photos; I always expect real and emotional photos."
October 28th, 2006
Aaroneous Monk says:
"Toyfoto is absolutely and unequivocally weird-tastic! Her quirks and perks make for delectable photos that I could chew on all day. They give me ocular indigestion, I kid you not!"
June 14th, 2006
Be Still says:
"Visiting Toyfoto's photostream is always an adventure. I look forward to her updates because it usually results in a new FAVE!
Her creativity extends beyond picture taking and into the witty comments she leaves for others. She makes the Flickr universe a great place for me to hang out."
March 31st, 2006
"I can't believe I'm the first one to write a testimonial for Siobhan. I've taken great delight in her photostream for some time, from the first glimpse at 'generations V' to photos of adorable Annabel to her evocative black and white portraits. Her kindness is evident in both her pictures and her words, a true inspiration in the Flickr community."
March 7th, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Siobhan Connally photographs