I am a writer, photographer and mom.
I am also a ...
Visit the family BLOG at
Visit my photography web site
Want to read my column, but can't find The Record at your local newsstand?
Go to www.troyrecord.com Search for "Siobhan Connally" and something should turn up.
"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise."
"It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again."
-- Diane Arbus
Photos of toyfoto (1)
- Flickr Friday 8,551 photos, 13,250 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,081 photos, 6,946 members
- Winter 2011-2012 216 photos, 49 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 20,329 photos, 1,290 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 319,602 photos, 16,006 members
- MobiTog - THE Original Global Mobile Photography Community 49,566 photos, 807 members
- Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments 181,980 photos, 57,794 members
- FlickrCentric 79 photos, 242 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,772 photos, 22,953 members
- The Funnest Flock Ever! 53 photos, 17 members
- October 10, 2010 1,812 photos, 2,527 members
- Goodwill Halloween! 20 photos, 4 members
- Uncle Sam - The National Symbol of the United States 2,130 photos, 162 members
- INTERIOR DECOR FOCAL POINT -- DECO 41 Style 1,229 photos, 92 members
- Columbia County, New York 1,653 photos, 87 members
- Our Adorable Kids 2,262 photos, 144 members
- ~ Toys =D ... April Contest - Open 31,009 photos, 1,253 members
- Project 365 1,689,014 photos, 28,376 members
- **Handmade Is Better!** 16,417 photos, 589 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 403 photos, 62 members
- Good Housekeeping Gone Bad 14 photos, 19 members
- Home Decorating 3,859 photos, 384 members
- The NYC Subway 43,402 photos, 11,235 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 24,864 photos, 17,586 members
- PSV Ornament Exchange 79 photos, 23 members
- 10 Things Others Say About You! 25 photos, 121 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,621 photos, 562 members
- Flickr Celebrates New Year's 2009 42 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Commons 2,078 photos, 1,819 members
- Olympus Pen EE 10,039 photos, 1,119 members
- A message for Obama 832 photos, 1,392 members
- US Election 2008 941 photos, 536 members
- American Life Photo Contest 4,552 photos, 1,181 members
- great greetings! 169 photos, 117 members
- relentlesstoil international 35 photos, 23 members
- Nikon D300 Users 537,386 photos, 17,070 members
- Come As You Are - Sweetney.com Challenge 100 photos, 158 members
- Quotografie 703 photos, 95 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,476 photos, 957 members
- savvydaddy 65 photos, 44 members
- Self-Portrait Truthiness 467 photos, 245 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,752 photos, 3,229 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,484 photos, 5,031 members
- MASS MoCA 3,619 photos, 361 members
- Leap Day 2008 5 photos, 15 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 162,868 photos, 17,131 members
- The Children That We Were 595 photos, 188 members
- Shutter Sisters 407,346 photos, 12,427 members
- Visual Word-of-the-Day 10 photos, 24 members
- Flickr Mom's Rock 663 photos, 169 members
"Most family-specific photostreams are really boring: really on the family cares about seeing them, which is just fine. Siobhan's is different. From the beginning I've found her images of her family and personal life engaging, photographically foremost, but through that also emotionally. I won't pretend to have deep insight from photographs, because I know nothing really about Siobhan or her family, but her stream has kept me coming back to my own personal fantasy of this family formed through these images.
24th July, 2007
autumn fawn says:
"As a mother of a toddler, I relate to the images of Siobhan's family- the visits to the grandparent's house, the first haircut, the way we fall in love with our husband's for being such good fathers, the sometimes scary and always awesome power we see in our children,...well, maybe she isn't always saying all of that exactly like that but when I see her images and read her titles, those are some of the things I feel in response. She is also a writer and while she rarely puts much in the descriptions, her titles tell you all you need to know. And they often are poetic. And ironic. And profound. And hilarious. She's willing to show the not so perfect photo but totally perfect moments photos, which I love. I expect many beautiful photos; I always expect real and emotional photos."
28th October, 2006
Aaroneous Monk says:
"Toyfoto is absolutely and unequivocally weird-tastic! Her quirks and perks make for delectable photos that I could chew on all day. They give me ocular indigestion, I kid you not!"
14th June, 2006
Be Still says:
"Visiting Toyfoto's photostream is always an adventure. I look forward to her updates because it usually results in a new FAVE!
Her creativity extends beyond picture taking and into the witty comments she leaves for others. She makes the Flickr universe a great place for me to hang out."
31st March, 2006
"I can't believe I'm the first one to write a testimonial for Siobhan. I've taken great delight in her photostream for some time, from the first glimpse at 'generations V' to photos of adorable Annabel to her evocative black and white portraits. Her kindness is evident in both her pictures and her words, a true inspiration in the Flickr community."
7th March, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Siobhan Connally photographs