I am a writer, photographer and mom.
I am also a ...
Visit the family BLOG at
Visit my photography web site
Want to read my column, but can't find The Record at your local newsstand?
Go to www.troyrecord.com Search for "Siobhan Connally" and something should turn up.
"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise."
"It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again."
-- Diane Arbus
Photos of toyfoto (1)
- Flickr Friday 26,274 photos, 34,763 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,812 photos, 6,395 members
- Winter 2011-2012 224 photos, 49 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 25,478 photos, 1,312 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 406,598 photos, 17,286 members
- MobiTog - THE Original Global Mobile Photography Community 71,985 photos, 1,067 members
- Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments 184,020 photos, 57,377 members
- FlickrCentric 71 photos, 236 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,102 photos, 21,982 members
- The Funnest Flock Ever! 55 photos, 15 members
- October 10, 2010 1,729 photos, 2,439 members
- Goodwill Halloween! 20 photos, 4 members
- Uncle Sam - The National Symbol of the United States 2,748 photos, 195 members
- INTERIOR DECOR FOCAL POINT -- DECO 41 Style 1,280 photos, 117 members
- Columbia County, New York 1,864 photos, 103 members
- Our Adorable Kids 2,950 photos, 154 members
- Toys =D 51,758 photos, 1,667 members
- Project 365 1,893,235 photos, 30,745 members
- **Handmade Is Better!** 19,314 photos, 633 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 411 photos, 66 members
- Good Housekeeping Gone Bad 14 photos, 19 members
- Home Decorating 4,057 photos, 478 members
- The NYC Subway 50,172 photos, 15,692 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 26,344 photos, 20,541 members
- PSV Ornament Exchange 79 photos, 23 members
- 10 Things Others Say About You! 24 photos, 117 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,483 photos, 546 members
- Flickr Celebrates New Year's 2009 40 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Commons 2,666 photos, 2,295 members
- Olympus Pen EE 12,017 photos, 1,438 members
- A message for Obama 766 photos, 1,349 members
- US Election 2008 904 photos, 522 members
- American Life Photo Contest 4,440 photos, 1,151 members
- great greetings! 171 photos, 113 members
- relentlesstoil international 35 photos, 23 members
- Nikon D300 Users 575,272 photos, 17,438 members
- Come As You Are - Sweetney.com Challenge 96 photos, 154 members
- Quotografie 700 photos, 93 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,335 photos, 944 members
- savvydaddy 56 photos, 45 members
- Self-Portrait Truthiness 412 photos, 243 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,925 photos, 3,183 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,413 photos, 4,897 members
- MASS MoCA 3,550 photos, 361 members
- Leap Day 2008 5 photos, 15 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 176,875 photos, 17,911 members
- The Children That We Were 654 photos, 199 members
- Shutter Sisters 456,243 photos, 12,866 members
- Visual Word-of-the-Day 10 photos, 24 members
- Flickr Mom's Rock 643 photos, 167 members
"Most family-specific photostreams are really boring: really on the family cares about seeing them, which is just fine. Siobhan's is different. From the beginning I've found her images of her family and personal life engaging, photographically foremost, but through that also emotionally. I won't pretend to have deep insight from photographs, because I know nothing really about Siobhan or her family, but her stream has kept me coming back to my own personal fantasy of this family formed through these images.
July 24th, 2007
autumn fawn says:
"As a mother of a toddler, I relate to the images of Siobhan's family- the visits to the grandparent's house, the first haircut, the way we fall in love with our husband's for being such good fathers, the sometimes scary and always awesome power we see in our children,...well, maybe she isn't always saying all of that exactly like that but when I see her images and read her titles, those are some of the things I feel in response. She is also a writer and while she rarely puts much in the descriptions, her titles tell you all you need to know. And they often are poetic. And ironic. And profound. And hilarious. She's willing to show the not so perfect photo but totally perfect moments photos, which I love. I expect many beautiful photos; I always expect real and emotional photos."
October 28th, 2006
Aaroneous Monk says:
"Toyfoto is absolutely and unequivocally weird-tastic! Her quirks and perks make for delectable photos that I could chew on all day. They give me ocular indigestion, I kid you not!"
June 14th, 2006
Be Still says:
"Visiting Toyfoto's photostream is always an adventure. I look forward to her updates because it usually results in a new FAVE!
Her creativity extends beyond picture taking and into the witty comments she leaves for others. She makes the Flickr universe a great place for me to hang out."
March 31st, 2006
"I can't believe I'm the first one to write a testimonial for Siobhan. I've taken great delight in her photostream for some time, from the first glimpse at 'generations V' to photos of adorable Annabel to her evocative black and white portraits. Her kindness is evident in both her pictures and her words, a true inspiration in the Flickr community."
March 7th, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Siobhan Connally photographs