I am a writer, photographer and mom.
I am also a ...
Visit the family BLOG at
Visit my photography web site
Want to read my column, but can't find The Record at your local newsstand?
Go to www.troyrecord.com Search for "Siobhan Connally" and something should turn up.
"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise."
"It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again."
-- Diane Arbus
Photos of toyfoto (1)
- Flickr Friday 14,289 photos, 22,437 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,963 photos, 6,672 members
- Winter 2011-2012 210 photos, 48 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 22,576 photos, 1,298 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 363,642 photos, 16,630 members
- MobiTog - THE Original Global Mobile Photography Community 59,874 photos, 926 members
- Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments 182,415 photos, 57,614 members
- FlickrCentric 78 photos, 240 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,489 photos, 22,522 members
- The Funnest Flock Ever! 54 photos, 16 members
- October 10, 2010 1,778 photos, 2,496 members
- Goodwill Halloween! 20 photos, 4 members
- Uncle Sam - The National Symbol of the United States 2,323 photos, 174 members
- INTERIOR DECOR FOCAL POINT -- DECO 41 Style 1,238 photos, 94 members
- Columbia County, New York 1,798 photos, 92 members
- Our Adorable Kids 2,279 photos, 137 members
- ~ Toys =D ... April Contest - Open 35,116 photos, 1,307 members
- Project 365 1,758,460 photos, 29,399 members
- **Handmade Is Better!** 17,238 photos, 601 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 403 photos, 63 members
- Good Housekeeping Gone Bad 14 photos, 19 members
- Home Decorating 4,118 photos, 400 members
- The NYC Subway 46,187 photos, 12,835 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 25,434 photos, 18,453 members
- PSV Ornament Exchange 79 photos, 23 members
- 10 Things Others Say About You! 24 photos, 119 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,561 photos, 555 members
- Flickr Celebrates New Year's 2009 40 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Commons 2,202 photos, 1,941 members
- Olympus Pen EE 10,626 photos, 1,225 members
- A message for Obama 824 photos, 1,369 members
- US Election 2008 933 photos, 531 members
- American Life Photo Contest 4,502 photos, 1,169 members
- great greetings! 169 photos, 115 members
- relentlesstoil international 35 photos, 23 members
- Nikon D300 Users 551,672 photos, 17,228 members
- Come As You Are - Sweetney.com Challenge 97 photos, 158 members
- Quotografie 702 photos, 94 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,431 photos, 952 members
- savvydaddy 60 photos, 45 members
- Self-Portrait Truthiness 476 photos, 246 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,734 photos, 3,212 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,452 photos, 4,979 members
- MASS MoCA 3,608 photos, 361 members
- Leap Day 2008 5 photos, 15 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 166,851 photos, 17,218 members
- The Children That We Were 633 photos, 193 members
- Shutter Sisters 423,971 photos, 12,632 members
- Visual Word-of-the-Day 10 photos, 24 members
- Flickr Mom's Rock 640 photos, 167 members
"Most family-specific photostreams are really boring: really on the family cares about seeing them, which is just fine. Siobhan's is different. From the beginning I've found her images of her family and personal life engaging, photographically foremost, but through that also emotionally. I won't pretend to have deep insight from photographs, because I know nothing really about Siobhan or her family, but her stream has kept me coming back to my own personal fantasy of this family formed through these images.
July 24th, 2007
autumn fawn says:
"As a mother of a toddler, I relate to the images of Siobhan's family- the visits to the grandparent's house, the first haircut, the way we fall in love with our husband's for being such good fathers, the sometimes scary and always awesome power we see in our children,...well, maybe she isn't always saying all of that exactly like that but when I see her images and read her titles, those are some of the things I feel in response. She is also a writer and while she rarely puts much in the descriptions, her titles tell you all you need to know. And they often are poetic. And ironic. And profound. And hilarious. She's willing to show the not so perfect photo but totally perfect moments photos, which I love. I expect many beautiful photos; I always expect real and emotional photos."
October 28th, 2006
Aaroneous Monk says:
"Toyfoto is absolutely and unequivocally weird-tastic! Her quirks and perks make for delectable photos that I could chew on all day. They give me ocular indigestion, I kid you not!"
June 14th, 2006
Be Still says:
"Visiting Toyfoto's photostream is always an adventure. I look forward to her updates because it usually results in a new FAVE!
Her creativity extends beyond picture taking and into the witty comments she leaves for others. She makes the Flickr universe a great place for me to hang out."
March 31st, 2006
"I can't believe I'm the first one to write a testimonial for Siobhan. I've taken great delight in her photostream for some time, from the first glimpse at 'generations V' to photos of adorable Annabel to her evocative black and white portraits. Her kindness is evident in both her pictures and her words, a true inspiration in the Flickr community."
March 7th, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Siobhan Connally photographs