I am a writer, photographer and mom.
I am also a ...
Visit the family BLOG at
Visit my photography web site
Want to read my column, but can't find The Record at your local newsstand?
Go to www.troyrecord.com Search for "Siobhan Connally" and something should turn up.
"Nothing is ever the same as they said it was. It's what I've never seen before that I recognise."
"It's important to take bad pictures. It's the bad ones that have to do with what you've never done before. They can make you recognize something you hadn't seen in a way that will make you recognize it when you see it again."
-- Diane Arbus
Photos of toyfoto (1)
- Flickr Friday 25,634 photos, 34,410 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 5,823 photos, 6,418 members
- Winter 2011-2012 224 photos, 49 members
- The Digital Visual - Week in Reader Photos 25,756 photos, 1,312 members
- Amazing iPhoneography 403,843 photos, 17,276 members
- MobiTog - THE Original Global Mobile Photography Community 71,053 photos, 1,063 members
- Pioneer Woman Photography Assignments 183,883 photos, 57,395 members
- FlickrCentric 71 photos, 236 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,115 photos, 22,014 members
- The Funnest Flock Ever! 55 photos, 15 members
- October 10, 2010 1,735 photos, 2,443 members
- Goodwill Halloween! 20 photos, 4 members
- Uncle Sam - The National Symbol of the United States 2,732 photos, 195 members
- INTERIOR DECOR FOCAL POINT -- DECO 41 Style 1,272 photos, 113 members
- Columbia County, New York 1,801 photos, 103 members
- Our Adorable Kids 2,809 photos, 152 members
- Toys =D 50,738 photos, 1,654 members
- Project 365 1,887,308 photos, 30,713 members
- **Handmade Is Better!** 19,185 photos, 632 members
- Side-by-Side Compare 411 photos, 66 members
- Good Housekeeping Gone Bad 14 photos, 19 members
- Home Decorating 3,985 photos, 474 members
- The NYC Subway 49,836 photos, 15,614 members
- Stick Figures in Peril 26,306 photos, 20,476 members
- PSV Ornament Exchange 79 photos, 23 members
- 10 Things Others Say About You! 24 photos, 118 members
- Breastfeeding rules! 1,483 photos, 546 members
- Flickr Celebrates New Year's 2009 40 photos, 40 members
- Flickr Commons 2,666 photos, 2,271 members
- Olympus Pen EE 11,948 photos, 1,415 members
- A message for Obama 766 photos, 1,349 members
- US Election 2008 905 photos, 522 members
- American Life Photo Contest 4,441 photos, 1,151 members
- great greetings! 171 photos, 113 members
- relentlesstoil international 35 photos, 23 members
- Nikon D300 Users 574,144 photos, 17,440 members
- Come As You Are - Sweetney.com Challenge 96 photos, 154 members
- Quotografie 702 photos, 93 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,367 photos, 945 members
- savvydaddy 56 photos, 45 members
- Self-Portrait Truthiness 410 photos, 243 members
- Spontaneous Opera Syndrome (Comment any 1) 8,908 photos, 3,187 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,418 photos, 4,903 members
- MASS MoCA 3,550 photos, 362 members
- Leap Day 2008 5 photos, 15 members
- 6 Million People (Add one portrait of everyone you see) 177,040 photos, 17,892 members
- The Children That We Were 652 photos, 199 members
- Shutter Sisters 454,411 photos, 12,871 members
- Visual Word-of-the-Day 10 photos, 24 members
- Flickr Mom's Rock 643 photos, 167 members
"Most family-specific photostreams are really boring: really on the family cares about seeing them, which is just fine. Siobhan's is different. From the beginning I've found her images of her family and personal life engaging, photographically foremost, but through that also emotionally. I won't pretend to have deep insight from photographs, because I know nothing really about Siobhan or her family, but her stream has kept me coming back to my own personal fantasy of this family formed through these images.
July 24th, 2007
autumn fawn says:
"As a mother of a toddler, I relate to the images of Siobhan's family- the visits to the grandparent's house, the first haircut, the way we fall in love with our husband's for being such good fathers, the sometimes scary and always awesome power we see in our children,...well, maybe she isn't always saying all of that exactly like that but when I see her images and read her titles, those are some of the things I feel in response. She is also a writer and while she rarely puts much in the descriptions, her titles tell you all you need to know. And they often are poetic. And ironic. And profound. And hilarious. She's willing to show the not so perfect photo but totally perfect moments photos, which I love. I expect many beautiful photos; I always expect real and emotional photos."
October 28th, 2006
Aaroneous Monk says:
"Toyfoto is absolutely and unequivocally weird-tastic! Her quirks and perks make for delectable photos that I could chew on all day. They give me ocular indigestion, I kid you not!"
June 14th, 2006
Be Still says:
"Visiting Toyfoto's photostream is always an adventure. I look forward to her updates because it usually results in a new FAVE!
Her creativity extends beyond picture taking and into the witty comments she leaves for others. She makes the Flickr universe a great place for me to hang out."
March 31st, 2006
"I can't believe I'm the first one to write a testimonial for Siobhan. I've taken great delight in her photostream for some time, from the first glimpse at 'generations V' to photos of adorable Annabel to her evocative black and white portraits. Her kindness is evident in both her pictures and her words, a true inspiration in the Flickr community."
March 7th, 2006
- February 2005
- I am:
- Siobhan Connally photographs