Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy my photostream.
Toshio is a traveler and photographer who seeks to put the viewer of his photos right there in the moment. Toshio, a lawyer by trade, though currently doing international work, is based in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. He travels extensively and enjoys learning about other cultures, seeing new sights, and meeting people from around the world.
His photos have been featured in dozens of books, magazines, newspapers, websites, calendars, brochures, and educational publications. His photos are also available for purchase on the Getty Images stock photo website.
You can follow me on Twitter Here and Instagram Here.
You can follow me on Facebook Here.
You can see my most interesting photos here on flickrriver.
You can visit my new photoblog by clicking here.
You can also see my photos on Getty Images here.
Popular Photography wrote a really nice article about my Washington, DC, photos in the November 2008 issue. Check it out if you get a chance!
All rights are reserved on my photos. If you are interested in any of my photos, you can contact me via flickr mail or at Toshio_1(at)Hotmail.com.
Please do not blog or post my images on websites or any other media my photos without my explicit permission.
Here are some of my favorites that have been on Flickr's Explore/Interestingness up to May 2009:
Some more of my favorites:
Baltimore Sun Travel Section front page featuring my Vatican photo:
Places I've visited:
A note about my contacts: I really appreciate it when people add me as a contact. I try to add those who regularly visit and comment on my photos. I also try to keep my contacts list limited so that I can visit them regularly.
Photos of ` Toshio ' (3)
- Beijing 106,954 photos, 4,363 members
- Guess Where Beijing &大城小事 6,564 photos, 832 members
- Beijing Architecture 8,125 photos, 1,057 members
- Beijing 北京 Photo Community 59,962 photos, 4,107 members
- ! !^Make Me Wonder Level 1 (Post 1:Award/Fave 3) 54,912 photos, 2,328 members
- Streets of the World 68,004 photos, 1,628 members
- Streets Worldwide - It's the street that counts! 21,134 photos, 1,381 members
- ~♥~Cherish Your Dreams and Visions~♥~ P1 / C3 191,975 photos, 6,118 members
- All Architectures/ Todo Arquitecturas. Post 1 - Comment 3 16,558 photos, 659 members
- Architecture Directory 762,227 photos, 25,283 members
- Centro America/Central America 42,765 photos, 1,506 members
- City/Urban Images Worldwide 23,544 photos, 1,909 members
- FUJIFILM X-T ⌘ PURE LANDSCAPES 21,089 photos, 1,720 members
- Caribbean Flickr Group: post 1, comment 1 27,628 photos, 2,387 members
- Barbados 9,798 photos, 638 members
- Viet Nam 53,110 photos, 2,594 members
- VietNam Flickr 97,421 photos, 3,185 members
- Viet Nam Dep - Beautiful Vietnam 37,805 photos, 1,761 members
- Bonjour Vietnam-P1/A3- RESULT Contest BEST of 2011 80,456 photos, 4,760 members
- Vietnam 142,734 photos, 14,050 members
- Vietnam - Vẻ đẹp tiềm ẩn - The hidden charm! P1C1 32,900 photos, 2,962 members
- Vietnam Images 171,920 photos, 8,837 members
- streetdog 24,789 photos, 2,218 members
- Nice As It Gets~Level 1* Post 1 Awd 5 (no group limit) 258,630 photos, 7,439 members
- Spain in photos 227,171 photos, 5,102 members
- "World Trekker" (Post 7 - Award 3) 391,628 photos, 4,919 members
- * Flickr en Español 1,766,549 photos, 32,909 members
- España / Portugal. 202,891 photos, 5,201 members
- Barcelona Photos 104,049 photos, 4,339 members
- Barcelona Photography 20,645 photos, 1,185 members
- Barcelona Experience 40,026 photos, 2,489 members
- Barcelona 266,570 photos, 13,889 members
- Fujifilm X-mount cameras 478,034 photos, 12,724 members
- Fuji X-T1, X-T2 and X-T10 Landscapes 9,355 photos, 1,802 members
- FUJI GFX • X-T3-T2-T1 • X-Pro2-Pro1 富士フイルム 132,801 photos, 3,788 members
- Fujifilm X-T2 (with EXIFs) 23,706 photos, 1,343 members
- FUJIFILM X-T2 ⌘ Gathering Place 37,236 photos, 1,404 members
- Fujifilm X-T2 Users 52,949 photos, 2,570 members
- PLANET EARTH BACK IN THE DAY 274,213 photos, 5,926 members
- ♥♥♥ POLAND ♥♥♥ 113,848 photos, 1,934 members
- Polska/Poland 124,796 photos, 8,377 members
- Poland for ever 61,173 photos, 1,331 members
- Uruguay 43,181 photos, 2,859 members
- South America - public group 146,261 photos, 4,307 members
- Argentina 210,572 photos, 9,347 members
- Vines and Vineyards 35,957 photos, 4,402 members
- Buenos Aires City 61,091 photos, 5,819 members
- Fuji-x.com 334,381 photos, 5,149 members
- Sunsets over the City 124,074 photos, 16,982 members
- City Nights 277,744 photos, 16,555 members
Kevin's (KPS) Pix says:
"I have only returned to photography as a hobby a few short years ago. I had been "drawn" on so many occasions to Toshio's work (ART); over and over again! So, I thought I would write him an e-mail. I was afraid that with so many fans, perhaps I would never see a reply! After all, some artist do indeed seem to be "fickle". To my total surprise, Toshio responded! After just a few e-mails, I have felt like he was an old friend! Perhaps, in a previous life!?
Anyway, I think Toshio is the consummate Professional, and an incredible Artist. Perhaps some day I can shake his hand and thank him personally for his great work! The world of Photography, and the capture of a moment in time, owes a bit of gratitude!
Kevin P Smith"
August 17th, 2009
"Toshio is not only a talented photographer, he's also a friend, and a teacher. Since I'm on flickr, he helped me so much, always here with good advices, and the right look on what I need to work on. I'm really happy to count him in my dear friends. His look on the world, on the things that surround us, give this sensibility to every shot he takes. Each time, he finds the way to render the shot more than realistic, you can feel to be part of the shot and live the moment captured.
I'm really glad to know you, and to be your friend. Thanks a lot for evrything :)
June 21st, 2009
"There’s a quality to first-class professional work, no matter what the artistic medium, that both fills the senses and then overflows them. That’s the feeling I get when I open Toshio’s photostream. It’s a sweet visual overload that tells me, “this is how its done right; this is excellence.” Sometimes it makes me just slump back in my chair and gaze at the monitor with total awe, and other times I want to shake my fist and say, “I was just there and I don’t have a shot that great!”
Equally impressive to me is Toshio’s humility and easy-going personality. He’s a joy to share a photoshoot with and I always look forward to seeing his take on our journeys. Well, except for that fist-shaking part. Keep up the superb work, my friend."
May 11th, 2009
Uncle Foto says:
"* Toshio * a.k.a. Toshio Kishiyama is a Globetrotter where he derives all his photo experiences including his own locale. How good is the man ? My answer to that is i could spend the whole day browsing at his delightful fotos peppered with arts perse.
i often wonder how he had taken those jaw dropping foto shoots and even more i have wondered what kind of post production processing he uses. That is how good Toshio is. I visit his photostreams to learn and enjoy.
i am quite lucky to be considered a contact by this talented photographer."
August 24th, 2008
"Can i say you are so great!
Thanks for all you shared, so many thanks!"
May 4th, 2007
I never met him in my life.
From his images, I can see that he is a great imaging artist who in born with artistic eyes.
he is so kind to share with us in www.flickr.com , All his works are great.
I appreciate your friendship.
January 31st, 2006
- November 2005