Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy my photostream.
Toshio Kishiyama is a traveler and photographer who seeks to put the viewer of his photos right there in the moment. Toshio, a lawyer by trade, though currently doing international work, is based in the Washington, DC, metropolitan area. He travels extensively and enjoys learning about other cultures, seeing new sights, and meeting people from around the world.
His photos have been featured in dozens of books, magazines, newspapers, websites, calendars, brochures, and educational publications. His photos are also available for purchase on the Getty Images stock photo website.
You can follow me on Twitter Here and Instagram Here.
You can follow me on Facebook Here.
You can see my most interesting photos here on flickrriver.
You can visit my new photoblog by clicking here.
You can also see my photos on Getty Images here.
Popular Photography wrote a really nice article about my Washington, DC, photos in the November 2008 issue. Check it out if you get a chance!
All rights are reserved on my photos. If you are interested in any of my photos, you can contact me via flickr mail or at Toshio_1(at)Hotmail.com.
Please do not blog or post my images on websites or any other media my photos without my explicit permission.
Here are some of my favorites that have been on Flickr's Explore/Interestingness up to May 2009:
Some more of my favorites:
Baltimore Sun Travel Section front page featuring my Vatican photo:
Places I've visited:
A note about my contacts: I really appreciate it when people add me as a contact. I try to add those who regularly visit and comment on my photos. I also try to keep my contacts list limited so that I can visit them regularly.
Photos of ` Toshio ' (3)
- THE GALAXY (Post 1--Award 5) Now 4,700+ Members! 213,614 photos, 4,701 members
- Cafes, Coffee Houses, Burger Joints, Food Carts. 64,552 photos, 3,533 members
- Scandinavian Delight 163,085 photos, 4,482 members
- Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Iceland and Faroe Islands 60,639 photos, 1,690 members
- Copenhagen 59,760 photos, 3,715 members
- City Pulse 88,408 photos, 3,037 members
- People and Paths 110,188 photos, 3,197 members
- Czech Republic 83,657 photos, 2,970 members
- Praha - Prague 28,173 photos, 2,497 members
- Prague 82,852 photos, 5,885 members
- Prague Impressive (3 pics a day, quality only) 11,304 photos, 1,553 members
- Prague ... 76,332 photos, 5,563 members
- A U S T R I A - GROUPs 82,277 photos, 1,539 members
- Austria 108,023 photos, 1,835 members
- Vienna 104,798 photos, 5,647 members
- Budapest award (add 1 award 3) 15,091 photos, 1,465 members
- Budapest 73,388 photos, 4,180 members
- Budapest, Hungary 70,290 photos, 6,279 members
- InfiniteXposure L2 (P1, A3) 123,853 photos, 5,731 members
- ! !Photographers Gone Wild! (Level 1) (P1:FAV/A3) 685,264 photos, 38,866 members
- as beautiful as you want 1,240,464 photos, 16,351 members
- Visionary Arts Gallery Level 1 (P1:A5) 139,796 photos, 5,943 members
- 서울 | Seoul 25,324 photos, 1,154 members
- FIS (Flickr in Seoul) 40,394 photos, 2,369 members
- Korea Images 118,217 photos, 6,382 members
- New York City Architecture 46,470 photos, 3,442 members
- New York, New York 454,879 photos, 17,168 members
- New York Photography 450,473 photos, 22,521 members
- Manhattan 164,713 photos, 4,340 members
- URBAN New York 127,912 photos, 7,104 members
- New York life 220,862 photos, 8,997 members
- New York City 793,200 photos, 57,799 members
- «★» FLICKR EXPERT GROUP «★» POST 1- AWARD 4 117,331 photos, 4,639 members
- "®Travelandscapes" (Post 1 - Comment 1) 31,184 photos, 1,418 members
- Rainbow of Nature Level 1 : RED (P1-A4) 202,446 photos, 7,454 members
- *LEVEL-1:Peace Awards* P1 / A 5 : QUALITY IMAGES ONLY 513,606 photos, 17,027 members
- "FRIENDS" P1/A2 420,788 photos, 10,716 members
- * in上海 / shanghai 72,567 photos, 3,304 members
- Beautiful China 210,909 photos, 5,602 members
- 上海 Shanghai 133,318 photos, 6,806 members
- China 206,796 photos, 6,797 members
- Chinese 307,055 photos, 20,312 members
- China, The Middle Country 中国 295,096 photos, 13,051 members
- CHINA`s highlights & impression 75,219 photos, 2,561 members
- Amsterdam (Mokum) 187,233 photos, 9,260 members
- Nederland/The Netherlands 407,562 photos, 10,023 members
- Athens, Greece - BUT NO ACROPOLIS! 29,040 photos, 1,933 members
- Santorini 33,462 photos, 2,920 members
- The Greek Islands 48,010 photos, 3,810 members
- Ελληνικά / Greek / Greece 141,158 photos, 4,043 members
Kevin's (KPS) Pix says:
"I have only returned to photography as a hobby a few short years ago. I had been "drawn" on so many occasions to Toshio's work (ART); over and over again! So, I thought I would write him an e-mail. I was afraid that with so many fans, perhaps I would never see a reply! After all, some artist do indeed seem to be "fickle". To my total surprise, Toshio responded! After just a few e-mails, I have felt like he was an old friend! Perhaps, in a previous life!?
Anyway, I think Toshio is the consummate Professional, and an incredible Artist. Perhaps some day I can shake his hand and thank him personally for his great work! The world of Photography, and the capture of a moment in time, owes a bit of gratitude!
Kevin P Smith"
August 17th, 2009
"Toshio is not only a talented photographer, he's also a friend, and a teacher. Since I'm on flickr, he helped me so much, always here with good advices, and the right look on what I need to work on. I'm really happy to count him in my dear friends. His look on the world, on the things that surround us, give this sensibility to every shot he takes. Each time, he finds the way to render the shot more than realistic, you can feel to be part of the shot and live the moment captured.
I'm really glad to know you, and to be your friend. Thanks a lot for evrything :)
June 21st, 2009
"There’s a quality to first-class professional work, no matter what the artistic medium, that both fills the senses and then overflows them. That’s the feeling I get when I open Toshio’s photostream. It’s a sweet visual overload that tells me, “this is how its done right; this is excellence.” Sometimes it makes me just slump back in my chair and gaze at the monitor with total awe, and other times I want to shake my fist and say, “I was just there and I don’t have a shot that great!”
Equally impressive to me is Toshio’s humility and easy-going personality. He’s a joy to share a photoshoot with and I always look forward to seeing his take on our journeys. Well, except for that fist-shaking part. Keep up the superb work, my friend."
May 11th, 2009
Uncle Foto says:
"* Toshio * a.k.a. Toshio Kishiyama is a Globetrotter where he derives all his photo experiences including his own locale. How good is the man ? My answer to that is i could spend the whole day browsing at his delightful fotos peppered with arts perse.
i often wonder how he had taken those jaw dropping foto shoots and even more i have wondered what kind of post production processing he uses. That is how good Toshio is. I visit his photostreams to learn and enjoy.
i am quite lucky to be considered a contact by this talented photographer."
August 24th, 2008
"Can i say you are so great!
Thanks for all you shared, so many thanks!"
May 4th, 2007
I never met him in my life.
From his images, I can see that he is a great imaging artist who in born with artistic eyes.
he is so kind to share with us in www.flickr.com , All his works are great.
I appreciate your friendship.
January 31st, 2006
- November 2005