You can decide if this is a display of some weaknesses of tagging, or it could be conformist performance art. For the most part, I'm probably just objectifying toothpaste in an unhealthy way. This is more boring for me than it is for you.
These images used to be methodically captured, lovingly hand-tagged and uploaded daily (whenever possible). Now, I'm like a lot of other Flickr users who just upload vacation snaps.
None of these images have model releases. These images are not licensed though Creative Commons for a damn good reason.
"This is clearly a magnificent obsession." - Cory Doctorow
"a glamour shot of a toothbrush loaded with toothpaste" - David Weinberger
Only some of these images are captured in
- A Day On Earth, September 29th 187 photos, 814 members
- Tooth Paste and Tooth brush 317 photos, 224 members
- Allow Member to Post One Photo(s) Ever 141 photos, 286 members
- The Toothbrush Project 99 photos, 141 members
- Information Architects 1,181 photos, 345 members
- there are no boring photos (formerly: boring photos) POOL CLOSED 835 photos, 564 members
- Who dunnit? 13 photos, 33 members
wonderful beginner says:
"White teeth are hot..."
March 7th, 2006
a nameless yeast says:
"Toothpastery has changed the way people look at toothpaste. The genie's out of the tube, and no amount of flossing will put it back in."
February 16th, 2006
Dr Joolz says:
"Toothpastery's work is inspirational. It is an example to children and to to the toothless everywhere."
February 2nd, 2006
"Welcome 2 Internet my friend."
January 6th, 2006
"Toothpastery makes Rasputin look like a petty street magician."
December 29th, 2005
- November 2005