The first 19,000 or so photos in this stream, unless otherwise noted, were taken with my cellphone. I've been through six since the start of this project over six years ago. This collection of images represents a pretty exhaustive documentary of my point of view. Hope you like it.
20,000 photos is a lot to wade through. Try starting with my favorites.
All the shots previous to this one were taken with a 0.3 megapixel Samsung SCH-A670 named Celly.
I made the mistake of wading into the ocean with it to get a closer shot of some surfers, so then I got an LG VX9800 worth 1.3 megapixels. My first LG, Tyrone, had an inexplicable system failure. He was replaced by Tyrese.
When I finished my first two years with Verizon, I upgraded to an Orange LG enV named Ginger. The first phone had a dead button so it was quickly replaced by Ginger 2.0. All shots from here forward were taken with Ginger. Tyrese now has a loving home with Sarofsky.
In August of 2008, Verizon offered me a free cellphone upgrade with contract renewal. So I opted for the closest thing they had to an iPhone: the touch-screen, full-keyboard flip-phone known as the LG Voyager. All photos from this point forward were taken with Liberace, unless otherwise tagged or captioned. Ginger briefly found a home with Lorenia, but she has since upgraded to a Voyager of her own, known as Elton.
After the Voyager, it was time for a Motorola Droid, a pretty solid clone of the iPhone. I never really gave it a name, since it seemed so obvious that all droids paid homage to R2D2. I recently discovered Motorola calls it the Milestone, so I guess we can posthumously call it Miles, after Miles Davis. Because I like his tone. The first photo with the Droid is here.
Miles went wonky pretty quickly. I held onto it until Lorenia's Droid started acting up, then got a refurb the same time she did. I ended up going through four Droids total before Verizon finally upgraded me to a Droid2. Other than a couple of unprompted reboots, I haven't had any problems with the Droid2. And it charges faster than any phone I've ever had. Still, the camera leaves a lot to be desired next to the DroidX (Lorenia's phone) and the iPhone4. But that doesn't stop me from taking pictures, starting with this one. And I do like the panoramic aspect ratio.
We finally got a DSLR in 2011: a Nikon D3100. After relying on cameraphones for so many years, its capabilities continue to blow me away. I can finally get the low light, action, and selective focus shots I've always dreamt of taking. The photos from that camera start here. My photostream will probably be a mix of DSLR and cameraphone shots from here on out.
States I've visited:
create your own personalized map of the USA
Countries (not quite as impressive):
create your own visited country map
- flickr (unofficial) 4,977,997 photos, 107,819 members
- * "For the Love of Alpacas, Llamas, Camels & Horses" 1,863 photos, 217 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,084 photos, 13,570 members
- Spotting in France 2,294 photos, 448 members
- MACRO Desserts 4,202 photos, 452 members
- World cars 396,869 photos, 4,889 members
- Original Audi NSU Auto Union 3,529 photos, 150 members
- Heart Shapes and Food 337 photos, 92 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,534 members
- Animals in Love P1/A2 44 photos, 22 members
- passive-aggressive (and just plain aggressive) notes 611 photos, 332 members
- That Extra Detail (Post 1 / Award 2) 273 photos, 69 members
- Lucky Shots 95 photos, 114 members
- The Decisive Moment 13,997 photos, 739 members
- Decisive Moments 13,849 photos, 392 members
- Decisive Moment Photography 1,400 photos, 171 members
- Classic Car Enthusiasts. 17,370 photos, 475 members
- 'Akká - "The Most Great Prison" 15 photos, 14 members
- Transportation 405,712 photos, 2,051 members
- Porsche RS 3,730 photos, 835 members
- Cat Land - NEW CONTEST - Musician Cats - TIME TO VOTE!!!!!!! 11,032 photos, 890 members
- The Gardens of Bahjí 69 photos, 23 members
- Audi Motorcars 37,363 photos, 3,457 members
- German Automobile Photography 11,968 photos, 3,107 members
- Weightlifting 178 photos, 55 members
- Red Corvettes 2,685 photos, 399 members
- Corvette Classics: 1953-1982 12,773 photos, 1,116 members
- Muscle Car Graphics and Badges 826 photos, 41 members
- Car Emblems and Badges 19,741 photos, 858 members
- American Muscle Cars 67,374 photos, 3,211 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 14,984 photos, 18,436 members
- Jeep® Come Together 1,753 photos, 330 members
- Sugary Sweetness 27,332 photos, 1,433 members
- Coffee Cup Connoisseurs 176 photos, 568 members
- The Enchanted Carousel (Invited Images) 8,108 photos, 1,584 members
- starbucks coffee 2,849 photos, 891 members
- StarBucks Coffee. 2,581 photos, 1,465 members
- Starbucks Coffee Company 15,787 photos, 5,403 members
- Starbucks 22,651 photos, 6,825 members
- ***CLASSIC SPORTS CAR :: ru-moto 71,287 photos, 919 members
- Culinary Photography 11,184 photos, 349 members
- The Addams Family 117 photos, 46 members
- 42 863 photos, 448 members
- Noble M12 269 photos, 50 members
- Flickr Excellent: 10+ Faves Crown Jewels 4,878 photos, 392 members
- BIG Honk'n Fire Trucks (and other HUGE Public Safety Apparatus) 12,778 photos, 394 members
- British Cars 1945-1975 51,639 photos, 1,087 members
- The Power of Faces 1,998 photos, 220 members
- Circles in Squares 1,119 photos, 63 members
- Nice Melons! 65 photos, 78 members
"Ever since the first time we spoke, I knew that this boy documented every aspect of his life in pictures. Friends, family, functions, food, feelings, fffshenanigans (I ran out of eff words... wait...). I must admit that now that I'm embarking on a life adventure with him... I'm a little bit afraid of my make-up-less horror moments being etched in stone - or at least on the Internet for all to see.
He's lucky I love him."
September 11th, 2008
rex dart: eskimo spy says:
"Does more with his camera-phone than any man I've ever met."
April 13th, 2008
"you rock like an explosion of color and light. you are so zawesome it is redonculously pronktastic. i can say no more, i am so overcome with your hysterilous incredibilityness.
(and now i will go crack up - you're so crazy it's amaaaaaaaaaazing!!!) bwa ha ha ha."
September 26th, 2007
"as if he could BE any cooler -- now I find out he's a Parrot Head! George, I can't believe your camera is a phone... you rock, dude :)"
August 25th, 2007
"With rich, aged-to-perfection photographs served alongside delectable titles and succulent captions, followed by the most scrumptious comments that you can imagine, toastforbrekkie has, for me, quickly become an important part of a well-balanced lifestyle. And, although toastforbrekkie has a definite southern flavor, don't be surprised to suddenly find a Parisian flair thrown into the mix to shake things up a bit.
It should also be noted that when toastforbrekkie is combined with a hearty helping of andropolis, a taste sensation so sexy, so dangerous is created that once you've experienced it, your life will never be the same again. Truly."
April 9th, 2007
"toastforbrekkie lika de big medallions..
(sounds better in a ravishing italian accent but however you say it, its true)"
January 7th, 2007
"Two things must yee know before you unwittingly approach toastforbrekkie. The first is that he has a Mexican fetish the size of Jalisco and you will be peppered with multiples shots of the bright and the beautiful roaming that fair country. For a portrayal of quotidian life in Mexico you need look no further. It has been 12 years since I was in Mexico but such was the clarity of vision on show it brought it all back.
The second thing you should know is that he has an unreconstructed food fetish. Your senses will be assaulted with pictures of delicious dinners and scrumptious lunches. You MUST eat before viewing this profile, otherwise you will salivating over your keyboard and chomping on the monitor. You've been warned !
Oh and he takes damn fine photographs too...
January 6th, 2007
- George Hatcher
- April 2005
- Nashville, Tennessee
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Aerospace Engineer
- Toast for Brekkie