The first 19,000 or so photos in this stream, unless otherwise noted, were taken with my cellphone. I've been through six since the start of this project over six years ago. This collection of images represents a pretty exhaustive documentary of my point of view. Hope you like it.
20,000 photos is a lot to wade through. Try starting with my favorites.
All the shots previous to this one were taken with a 0.3 megapixel Samsung SCH-A670 named Celly.
I made the mistake of wading into the ocean with it to get a closer shot of some surfers, so then I got an LG VX9800 worth 1.3 megapixels. My first LG, Tyrone, had an inexplicable system failure. He was replaced by Tyrese.
When I finished my first two years with Verizon, I upgraded to an Orange LG enV named Ginger. The first phone had a dead button so it was quickly replaced by Ginger 2.0. All shots from here forward were taken with Ginger. Tyrese now has a loving home with Sarofsky.
In August of 2008, Verizon offered me a free cellphone upgrade with contract renewal. So I opted for the closest thing they had to an iPhone: the touch-screen, full-keyboard flip-phone known as the LG Voyager. All photos from this point forward were taken with Liberace, unless otherwise tagged or captioned. Ginger briefly found a home with Lorenia, but she has since upgraded to a Voyager of her own, known as Elton.
After the Voyager, it was time for a Motorola Droid, a pretty solid clone of the iPhone. I never really gave it a name, since it seemed so obvious that all droids paid homage to R2D2. I recently discovered Motorola calls it the Milestone, so I guess we can posthumously call it Miles, after Miles Davis. Because I like his tone. The first photo with the Droid is here.
Miles went wonky pretty quickly. I held onto it until Lorenia's Droid started acting up, then got a refurb the same time she did. I ended up going through four Droids total before Verizon finally upgraded me to a Droid2. Other than a couple of unprompted reboots, I haven't had any problems with the Droid2. And it charges faster than any phone I've ever had. Still, the camera leaves a lot to be desired next to the DroidX (Lorenia's phone) and the iPhone4. But that doesn't stop me from taking pictures, starting with this one. And I do like the panoramic aspect ratio.
We finally got a DSLR in 2011: a Nikon D3100. After relying on cameraphones for so many years, its capabilities continue to blow me away. I can finally get the low light, action, and selective focus shots I've always dreamt of taking. The photos from that camera start here. My photostream will probably be a mix of DSLR and cameraphone shots from here on out.
States I've visited:
create your own personalized map of the USA
Countries (not quite as impressive):
create your own visited country map
- flickr (unofficial) 4,640,389 photos, 105,435 members
- * "For the Love of Alpacas, Llamas, Camels & Horses" 1,827 photos, 216 members
- Your Best Shot 2011 12,136 photos, 13,636 members
- Spotting in France 2,295 photos, 449 members
- MACRO Desserts 3,722 photos, 405 members
- World cars 372,638 photos, 4,830 members
- Original Audi NSU Auto Union 3,529 photos, 145 members
- Heart Shapes and Food 345 photos, 92 members
- Flickr Ideas 1 photo, 11,577 members
- Animals in Love P1/A2 44 photos, 21 members
- passive-aggressive (and just plain aggressive) notes 602 photos, 331 members
- That Extra Detail (Post 1 / Award 2) 270 photos, 69 members
- Lucky Shots 95 photos, 113 members
- The Decisive Moment 13,271 photos, 738 members
- Decisive Moments 13,236 photos, 382 members
- Decisive Moment Photography 1,282 photos, 163 members
- Classic Car Enthusiasts. 16,684 photos, 442 members
- 'Akká - "The Most Great Prison" 15 photos, 14 members
- Transportation 369,780 photos, 1,950 members
- Porsche RS 3,651 photos, 814 members
- Cat Land - NEW CONTEST - Musician Cats - TIME TO VOTE!!!!!!! 10,781 photos, 863 members
- The Gardens of Bahjí 69 photos, 23 members
- Audi Motorcars 37,180 photos, 3,448 members
- German Automobile Photography 12,025 photos, 3,096 members
- Weightlifting 177 photos, 53 members
- Red Corvettes 2,652 photos, 390 members
- Corvette Classics: 1953-1982 12,489 photos, 1,103 members
- Muscle Car Graphics and Badges 793 photos, 39 members
- Car Emblems and Badges 19,276 photos, 835 members
- American Muscle Cars 66,059 photos, 3,198 members
- Your Best Shot 2009 15,026 photos, 18,501 members
- Jeep® Come Together 1,718 photos, 327 members
- Sugary Sweetness 27,213 photos, 1,434 members
- Coffee Cup Connoisseurs 189 photos, 567 members
- The Enchanted Carousel (Invited Images) 8,104 photos, 1,591 members
- starbucks coffee 2,845 photos, 890 members
- StarBucks Coffee. 2,562 photos, 1,461 members
- Starbucks Coffee Company 15,151 photos, 5,410 members
- Starbucks 22,362 photos, 6,836 members
- ***CLASSIC SPORTS CAR :: ru-moto 68,221 photos, 897 members
- Culinary Photography 10,631 photos, 342 members
- The Addams Family 120 photos, 46 members
- 42 854 photos, 446 members
- Noble M12 268 photos, 49 members
- Flickr Excellent: 10+ Faves Crown Jewels 3,999 photos, 367 members
- BIG Honk'n Fire Trucks (and other HUGE Public Safety Apparatus) 12,320 photos, 392 members
- British Cars 1945-1975 49,005 photos, 1,070 members
- The Power of Faces 1,999 photos, 220 members
- Circles in Squares 1,109 photos, 63 members
- Nice Melons! 67 photos, 77 members
"Ever since the first time we spoke, I knew that this boy documented every aspect of his life in pictures. Friends, family, functions, food, feelings, fffshenanigans (I ran out of eff words... wait...). I must admit that now that I'm embarking on a life adventure with him... I'm a little bit afraid of my make-up-less horror moments being etched in stone - or at least on the Internet for all to see.
He's lucky I love him."
September 11th, 2008
rex dart: eskimo spy says:
"Does more with his camera-phone than any man I've ever met."
April 13th, 2008
"you rock like an explosion of color and light. you are so zawesome it is redonculously pronktastic. i can say no more, i am so overcome with your hysterilous incredibilityness.
(and now i will go crack up - you're so crazy it's amaaaaaaaaaazing!!!) bwa ha ha ha."
September 26th, 2007
"as if he could BE any cooler -- now I find out he's a Parrot Head! George, I can't believe your camera is a phone... you rock, dude :)"
August 25th, 2007
"With rich, aged-to-perfection photographs served alongside delectable titles and succulent captions, followed by the most scrumptious comments that you can imagine, toastforbrekkie has, for me, quickly become an important part of a well-balanced lifestyle. And, although toastforbrekkie has a definite southern flavor, don't be surprised to suddenly find a Parisian flair thrown into the mix to shake things up a bit.
It should also be noted that when toastforbrekkie is combined with a hearty helping of andropolis, a taste sensation so sexy, so dangerous is created that once you've experienced it, your life will never be the same again. Truly."
April 9th, 2007
"toastforbrekkie lika de big medallions..
(sounds better in a ravishing italian accent but however you say it, its true)"
January 7th, 2007
"Two things must yee know before you unwittingly approach toastforbrekkie. The first is that he has a Mexican fetish the size of Jalisco and you will be peppered with multiples shots of the bright and the beautiful roaming that fair country. For a portrayal of quotidian life in Mexico you need look no further. It has been 12 years since I was in Mexico but such was the clarity of vision on show it brought it all back.
The second thing you should know is that he has an unreconstructed food fetish. Your senses will be assaulted with pictures of delicious dinners and scrumptious lunches. You MUST eat before viewing this profile, otherwise you will salivating over your keyboard and chomping on the monitor. You've been warned !
Oh and he takes damn fine photographs too...
January 6th, 2007
- George Hatcher
- April 2005
- Nashville, Tennessee
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Aerospace Engineer
- Toast for Brekkie