All the photos on my portfolio are available for sale. Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for portrait and wedding photo shoots and you can check my availability @ email@example.com
Flickr version - Interestingness
"Interestingness" factor by Flickr
Twitter version - 140 characters
I love photographing. I am a good photographer. I like flickr. You, fellow flickr friends, inspire me to do better. Have a good life
My name is Thiru, shortly you can call me as "Thirumurugan". I eat, sleep and breathe photography, if you have not guessed it by now.
As a kid, I used to admire photographs from national geographic magazines, movie posters and school books. I loved the way the pictures froze those moments for eternity. I, too wanted to learn photography and dreamt of shooting such great pictures. You may not believe this but, I have never even owned a camera until the age 27 (Year 2005).
Back then, the world was so cruel to those who wanted to experiment with cameras to learn photography. My friends, usually will pluck the camera from me, saying that I had 'already wasted' three shots in the film roll with pictures of cow, leaf or plain wall. In one of those unlucky days, I pledged to myself(!) that ONE FINE DAY at any cost, I would shoot spectacular photos and become a spectacularly famous photographer.
I had to wait until I reached Adelaide (Australia), to get my hands on a digital camera (Courtesy: Abrar and Anand who lent their cameras with no questions asked. No one worried about film rolls anymore and you can instantly review, delete or edit your pictures, pure bliss for a kid who wanted to learn photography. In the digital world, my learning curve become steep. First 500 (or say 1000) pictures that I shot were absolute craps, (you can view them in flickr stream) still. When I decided to rest the camera for a while, I shot a good picture which was appreciated by my flickr mates. Then, I was right on path again shooting photographs without worrying about 'criticisms'.
Flickr helped me a lot. The flickr community is awesome. My flickr friends are good at patting your back when you take good photos, provide constructive feedbacks and they made me as a photographer in the last 2 years. That's why I tell you to join flickr (it's free).
Thankfully, my lovely wife "Devi" has shown keen interest in photography and we are enjoying our photographic outings together. Here is Devi's own photostream
My favourite photographers include a long list. You can view my favourite photographs at my flickr stream.
Wanna talk? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the photos in my Flickr photostream are copyrighted, so do not use it for any personal, non-commercial or commercial use. For personal use or non-commercial use, you could write a Flickr Mail to get my permission. I sell my photos to purchase more photographic equipments and pay my bills. If you want to get a full-resolution image of a photo in my flickr photo stream, you can email me at email@example.com
Here are some blog posts that I have written for flickr users:
Flickr Hacks:5 Tips get into "Flickr Explore" page!
I started the group "SA Central, and it has a great collection of images of South Australia. It is a place where I met a fantastic, loving bunch of photographers who showed me some beautiful places to photograph in South Australia.
Canon 50D - good DSLR to get started with; happy about the choice
Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM lens - satisfied with the high quality.
Canon 18-55mm IS F3.5-4.5 Lens - it's an awesome lens for it's price, I love it
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM - best lens for portrait. sharpest image; soft, milky blurs.
Canon Speedlite 430 EX II flash - Still getting used to off-camera lighting
Holga UV Filter - as a protection for lenses
Holga Circular polarising filter - for landscape shots
Neutral Density 8 filter - for milky waterfall shots
Circular Graduated ND filter - for landscape shots
Photix Wireless Remote
Softbox & White umbrella
Wireless Trigger for Canon 430EXII
Canon 5D Mark II (with my photo sales/earnings)
Canon 10-20mm (after Canon 5D)
Manfrotto O55X Tripod
Photos of Thiru Murugan (9)
- Brisbane Meetup 2,995 photos, 847 members
- Brisbane Bird photography 17,556 photos, 687 members
- Brisbane Amateur Photographers 65,174 photos, 1,369 members
- Brisbane 31,218 photos, 1,316 members
- Brisbanites: Brisbane Photos 57,474 photos, 2,693 members
- Lightscoop Users 1,482 photos, 1,060 members
- Blurb Books 2,440 photos, 6,389 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 27,360 photos, 3,732 members
- Hello, India! 799 photos, 2,369 members
- Melbourne 169,277 photos, 7,615 members
- 35mm portrait 1,504 photos, 914 members
- SA Photography 13,356 photos, 146 members
- Melbourne Models 2,063 photos, 444 members
- We call it Madras 587 photos, 79 members
- ✿Flowers!✿ 168,992 photos, 9,596 members
- CreativeCultures 825 photos, 157 members
- a diverse society 5,680 photos, 889 members
- iPhone in India 107 photos, 61 members
- Indian Villages ( Rural India ) 19,260 photos, 1,435 members
- ~Indian Street Photography~ 46,190 photos, 2,389 members
- Victoria's place in Australia 10,111 photos, 127 members
- Hamilton, Victoria Photographers 26 photos, 8 members
- "IQ" - Image Quality 353,415 photos, 9,850 members
- Be Honest. (1 comment per post) 565 photos, 175 members
- kata 397 photos, 294 members
- Victoria, Australia 83,089 photos, 2,008 members
- Great Photo(please add tag"great photo" 4,539 photos, 842 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 541 photos, 278 members
- Colour n Expressions....Post 01....Award 01 !! 2,823 photos, 347 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 97,479 photos, 5,247 members
- Clipsal500 Adelaide 1,112 photos, 64 members
- Brushfruit 396 photos, 383 members
- Australian Macro Photography 8,430 photos, 312 members
- La Terre vue du Ciel / Earth from above 2,203 photos, 373 members
- Chennai 41,049 photos, 1,636 members
- tamil 9,741 photos, 487 members
- Great British Landscapes (No buildings, boats, people or animals 63,392 photos, 3,446 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,187,586 photos, 76,734 members
- Airways 7,920 photos, 269 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 424,526 photos, 51,013 members
- Social Geographic 19,168 photos, 1,345 members
- the glitch 0 photos, 275 members
- Things I Baked 15,790 photos, 867 members
- SAHA (South Australian Heritage Architecture) 1,840 photos, 40 members
- Waldo 88 photos, 106 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,063 photos, 14,068 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 321,004 photos, 39,908 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,088 photos, 2,379 members
- Macro, Closeup and Tabletop 10,943 photos, 602 members
- One Word Titles 3,790 photos, 139 members
Yogeesh Jayaramu says:
"THIRU IS AN EXTREMELY TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER ... HIS WORK IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAS ITS OWN SPECIAL TOUCH .
THIRU IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS HAS THIS UNIQUE PERSONALITY THAT MAKES HIM STAND OUT FROM OTHERS. WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN PHOTOGRAPHY AND IN HIS LIFE AS WELL"
September 22nd, 2009
- Thirumurugan P
- June 2005
- Hervey Bay, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Kalpa Photography
- thirukalpa [at] gmail.com