All the photos on my portfolio are available for sale. Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for portrait and wedding photo shoots and you can check my availability @ email@example.com
Flickr version - Interestingness
"Interestingness" factor by Flickr
Twitter version - 140 characters
I love photographing. I am a good photographer. I like flickr. You, fellow flickr friends, inspire me to do better. Have a good life
My name is Thiru, shortly you can call me as "Thirumurugan". I eat, sleep and breathe photography, if you have not guessed it by now.
As a kid, I used to admire photographs from national geographic magazines, movie posters and school books. I loved the way the pictures froze those moments for eternity. I, too wanted to learn photography and dreamt of shooting such great pictures. You may not believe this but, I have never even owned a camera until the age 27 (Year 2005).
Back then, the world was so cruel to those who wanted to experiment with cameras to learn photography. My friends, usually will pluck the camera from me, saying that I had 'already wasted' three shots in the film roll with pictures of cow, leaf or plain wall. In one of those unlucky days, I pledged to myself(!) that ONE FINE DAY at any cost, I would shoot spectacular photos and become a spectacularly famous photographer.
I had to wait until I reached Adelaide (Australia), to get my hands on a digital camera (Courtesy: Abrar and Anand who lent their cameras with no questions asked. No one worried about film rolls anymore and you can instantly review, delete or edit your pictures, pure bliss for a kid who wanted to learn photography. In the digital world, my learning curve become steep. First 500 (or say 1000) pictures that I shot were absolute craps, (you can view them in flickr stream) still. When I decided to rest the camera for a while, I shot a good picture which was appreciated by my flickr mates. Then, I was right on path again shooting photographs without worrying about 'criticisms'.
Flickr helped me a lot. The flickr community is awesome. My flickr friends are good at patting your back when you take good photos, provide constructive feedbacks and they made me as a photographer in the last 2 years. That's why I tell you to join flickr (it's free).
Thankfully, my lovely wife "Devi" has shown keen interest in photography and we are enjoying our photographic outings together. Here is Devi's own photostream
My favourite photographers include a long list. You can view my favourite photographs at my flickr stream.
Wanna talk? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the photos in my Flickr photostream are copyrighted, so do not use it for any personal, non-commercial or commercial use. For personal use or non-commercial use, you could write a Flickr Mail to get my permission. I sell my photos to purchase more photographic equipments and pay my bills. If you want to get a full-resolution image of a photo in my flickr photo stream, you can email me at email@example.com
Here are some blog posts that I have written for flickr users:
Flickr Hacks:5 Tips get into "Flickr Explore" page!
I started the group "SA Central, and it has a great collection of images of South Australia. It is a place where I met a fantastic, loving bunch of photographers who showed me some beautiful places to photograph in South Australia.
Canon 50D - good DSLR to get started with; happy about the choice
Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM lens - satisfied with the high quality.
Canon 18-55mm IS F3.5-4.5 Lens - it's an awesome lens for it's price, I love it
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM - best lens for portrait. sharpest image; soft, milky blurs.
Canon Speedlite 430 EX II flash - Still getting used to off-camera lighting
Holga UV Filter - as a protection for lenses
Holga Circular polarising filter - for landscape shots
Neutral Density 8 filter - for milky waterfall shots
Circular Graduated ND filter - for landscape shots
Photix Wireless Remote
Softbox & White umbrella
Wireless Trigger for Canon 430EXII
Canon 5D Mark II (with my photo sales/earnings)
Canon 10-20mm (after Canon 5D)
Manfrotto O55X Tripod
Photos of Thiru Murugan (9)
- Brisbane Meetup 2,995 photos, 847 members
- Brisbane Bird photography 17,498 photos, 686 members
- Brisbane Amateur Photographers 64,557 photos, 1,364 members
- Brisbane 30,831 photos, 1,310 members
- Brisbanites: Brisbane Photos 57,072 photos, 2,690 members
- Lightscoop Users 1,483 photos, 1,061 members
- Blurb Books 2,441 photos, 6,390 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 27,512 photos, 3,734 members
- Hello, India! 800 photos, 2,368 members
- Melbourne 168,850 photos, 7,610 members
- 35mm portrait 1,505 photos, 903 members
- SA Photography 13,345 photos, 147 members
- Melbourne Models 2,035 photos, 435 members
- We call it Madras 586 photos, 76 members
- ✿Flowers!✿ 168,035 photos, 9,594 members
- CreativeCultures 825 photos, 157 members
- a diverse society 5,593 photos, 890 members
- iPhone in India 105 photos, 61 members
- Indian Villages ( Rural India ) 18,904 photos, 1,419 members
- ~Indian Street Photography~ 45,535 photos, 2,365 members
- Victoria's place in Australia 9,983 photos, 127 members
- Hamilton, Victoria Photographers 26 photos, 8 members
- "IQ" - Image Quality 347,523 photos, 9,789 members
- Be Honest. (1 comment per post) 565 photos, 175 members
- kata 397 photos, 294 members
- Victoria, Australia 82,162 photos, 2,000 members
- Great Photo(please add tag"great photo" 4,538 photos, 843 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 542 photos, 278 members
- Colour n Expressions....Post 01....Award 01 !! 2,823 photos, 347 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 96,464 photos, 5,237 members
- Clipsal500 Adelaide 1,112 photos, 64 members
- Brushfruit 395 photos, 383 members
- Australian Macro Photography 8,327 photos, 312 members
- La Terre vue du Ciel / Earth from above 2,203 photos, 374 members
- Chennai 40,709 photos, 1,621 members
- tamil 9,691 photos, 482 members
- Great British Landscapes (No buildings, boats, people or animals 63,469 photos, 3,442 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,181,811 photos, 76,638 members
- Airways 7,654 photos, 268 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 422,540 photos, 50,974 members
- Social Geographic 18,791 photos, 1,344 members
- the glitch 0 photos, 275 members
- Things I Baked 15,781 photos, 868 members
- SAHA (South Australian Heritage Architecture) 1,802 photos, 40 members
- Waldo 88 photos, 106 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,131 photos, 14,080 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 320,091 photos, 39,892 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,207 photos, 2,381 members
- Macro, Closeup and Tabletop 10,548 photos, 594 members
- One Word Titles 3,784 photos, 138 members
Yogeesh Jayaramu says:
"THIRU IS AN EXTREMELY TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER ... HIS WORK IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAS ITS OWN SPECIAL TOUCH .
THIRU IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS HAS THIS UNIQUE PERSONALITY THAT MAKES HIM STAND OUT FROM OTHERS. WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN PHOTOGRAPHY AND IN HIS LIFE AS WELL"
September 22nd, 2009
- Thirumurugan P
- June 2005
- Hervey Bay, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Kalpa Photography
- thirukalpa [at] gmail.com