All the photos on my portfolio are available for sale. Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for portrait and wedding photo shoots and you can check my availability @ email@example.com
Flickr version - Interestingness
"Interestingness" factor by Flickr
Twitter version - 140 characters
I love photographing. I am a good photographer. I like flickr. You, fellow flickr friends, inspire me to do better. Have a good life
My name is Thiru, shortly you can call me as "Thirumurugan". I eat, sleep and breathe photography, if you have not guessed it by now.
As a kid, I used to admire photographs from national geographic magazines, movie posters and school books. I loved the way the pictures froze those moments for eternity. I, too wanted to learn photography and dreamt of shooting such great pictures. You may not believe this but, I have never even owned a camera until the age 27 (Year 2005).
Back then, the world was so cruel to those who wanted to experiment with cameras to learn photography. My friends, usually will pluck the camera from me, saying that I had 'already wasted' three shots in the film roll with pictures of cow, leaf or plain wall. In one of those unlucky days, I pledged to myself(!) that ONE FINE DAY at any cost, I would shoot spectacular photos and become a spectacularly famous photographer.
I had to wait until I reached Adelaide (Australia), to get my hands on a digital camera (Courtesy: Abrar and Anand who lent their cameras with no questions asked. No one worried about film rolls anymore and you can instantly review, delete or edit your pictures, pure bliss for a kid who wanted to learn photography. In the digital world, my learning curve become steep. First 500 (or say 1000) pictures that I shot were absolute craps, (you can view them in flickr stream) still. When I decided to rest the camera for a while, I shot a good picture which was appreciated by my flickr mates. Then, I was right on path again shooting photographs without worrying about 'criticisms'.
Flickr helped me a lot. The flickr community is awesome. My flickr friends are good at patting your back when you take good photos, provide constructive feedbacks and they made me as a photographer in the last 2 years. That's why I tell you to join flickr (it's free).
Thankfully, my lovely wife "Devi" has shown keen interest in photography and we are enjoying our photographic outings together. Here is Devi's own photostream
My favourite photographers include a long list. You can view my favourite photographs at my flickr stream.
Wanna talk? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the photos in my Flickr photostream are copyrighted, so do not use it for any personal, non-commercial or commercial use. For personal use or non-commercial use, you could write a Flickr Mail to get my permission. I sell my photos to purchase more photographic equipments and pay my bills. If you want to get a full-resolution image of a photo in my flickr photo stream, you can email me at email@example.com
Here are some blog posts that I have written for flickr users:
Flickr Hacks:5 Tips get into "Flickr Explore" page!
I started the group "SA Central, and it has a great collection of images of South Australia. It is a place where I met a fantastic, loving bunch of photographers who showed me some beautiful places to photograph in South Australia.
Canon 50D - good DSLR to get started with; happy about the choice
Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM lens - satisfied with the high quality.
Canon 18-55mm IS F3.5-4.5 Lens - it's an awesome lens for it's price, I love it
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM - best lens for portrait. sharpest image; soft, milky blurs.
Canon Speedlite 430 EX II flash - Still getting used to off-camera lighting
Holga UV Filter - as a protection for lenses
Holga Circular polarising filter - for landscape shots
Neutral Density 8 filter - for milky waterfall shots
Circular Graduated ND filter - for landscape shots
Photix Wireless Remote
Softbox & White umbrella
Wireless Trigger for Canon 430EXII
Canon 5D Mark II (with my photo sales/earnings)
Canon 10-20mm (after Canon 5D)
Manfrotto O55X Tripod
Photos of Thiru Murugan (9)
- Brisbane Meetup 2,998 photos, 852 members
- Brisbane Bird photography 16,253 photos, 657 members
- Brisbane Amateur Photographers 52,271 photos, 1,207 members
- Brisbane 25,058 photos, 1,149 members
- Brisbanites: Brisbane Photos 50,751 photos, 2,582 members
- Lightscoop Users 1,531 photos, 1,057 members
- Blurb Books 2,531 photos, 6,469 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 27,702 photos, 3,776 members
- Hello, India! 816 photos, 2,374 members
- Melbourne 158,739 photos, 7,272 members
- 35mm portrait 1,553 photos, 792 members
- SA Photography 12,171 photos, 143 members
- Melbourne Models 1,771 photos, 399 members
- We call it Madras 404 photos, 59 members
- ✿Flowers!✿ 141,342 photos, 8,972 members
- CreativeCultures 831 photos, 158 members
- a diverse society 4,820 photos, 889 members
- iPhone in India 79 photos, 39 members
- Indian Villages ( Rural India ) 13,165 photos, 1,119 members
- ~Indian Street Photography~ 34,288 photos, 2,049 members
- Victoria's place in Australia 7,429 photos, 117 members
- Hamilton, Victoria Photographers 26 photos, 7 members
- "IQ" - Image Quality 260,451 photos, 8,713 members
- Be Honest. (1 comment per post) 550 photos, 175 members
- kata 399 photos, 301 members
- Victoria, Australia 70,224 photos, 1,837 members
- Great Photo(please add tag"great photo" 4,533 photos, 841 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 548 photos, 280 members
- Colour n Expressions....Post 01....Award 01 !! 2,763 photos, 356 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 86,514 photos, 5,188 members
- Clipsal500 Adelaide 1,326 photos, 57 members
- Brushfruit 382 photos, 386 members
- Australian Macro Photography 7,076 photos, 297 members
- La Terre vue du Ciel / Earth from above 2,214 photos, 377 members
- Chennai 32,243 photos, 1,373 members
- tamil 8,185 photos, 431 members
- Great British Landscapes (No buildings, boats, people or animals 52,502 photos, 2,863 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,153,372 photos, 74,653 members
- Airways 3,920 photos, 256 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 381,826 photos, 50,441 members
- Social Geographic 14,167 photos, 1,315 members
- the glitch 0 photos, 277 members
- Things I Baked 14,699 photos, 829 members
- SAHA (South Australian Heritage Architecture) 443 photos, 37 members
- Waldo 89 photos, 110 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,684 photos, 14,238 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 306,381 photos, 39,479 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,426 photos, 2,425 members
- Macro, Closeup and Tabletop 5,945 photos, 476 members
- One Word Titles 3,709 photos, 137 members
Yogeesh Jayaramu says:
"THIRU IS AN EXTREMELY TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER ... HIS WORK IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAS ITS OWN SPECIAL TOUCH .
THIRU IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS HAS THIS UNIQUE PERSONALITY THAT MAKES HIM STAND OUT FROM OTHERS. WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN PHOTOGRAPHY AND IN HIS LIFE AS WELL"
September 22nd, 2009
- Thirumurugan P
- June 2005
- Hervey Bay, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Kalpa Photography
- thirukalpa [at] gmail.com