All the photos on my portfolio are available for sale. Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org
I am available for portrait and wedding photo shoots and you can check my availability @ email@example.com
Flickr version - Interestingness
"Interestingness" factor by Flickr
Twitter version - 140 characters
I love photographing. I am a good photographer. I like flickr. You, fellow flickr friends, inspire me to do better. Have a good life
My name is Thiru, shortly you can call me as "Thirumurugan". I eat, sleep and breathe photography, if you have not guessed it by now.
As a kid, I used to admire photographs from national geographic magazines, movie posters and school books. I loved the way the pictures froze those moments for eternity. I, too wanted to learn photography and dreamt of shooting such great pictures. You may not believe this but, I have never even owned a camera until the age 27 (Year 2005).
Back then, the world was so cruel to those who wanted to experiment with cameras to learn photography. My friends, usually will pluck the camera from me, saying that I had 'already wasted' three shots in the film roll with pictures of cow, leaf or plain wall. In one of those unlucky days, I pledged to myself(!) that ONE FINE DAY at any cost, I would shoot spectacular photos and become a spectacularly famous photographer.
I had to wait until I reached Adelaide (Australia), to get my hands on a digital camera (Courtesy: Abrar and Anand who lent their cameras with no questions asked. No one worried about film rolls anymore and you can instantly review, delete or edit your pictures, pure bliss for a kid who wanted to learn photography. In the digital world, my learning curve become steep. First 500 (or say 1000) pictures that I shot were absolute craps, (you can view them in flickr stream) still. When I decided to rest the camera for a while, I shot a good picture which was appreciated by my flickr mates. Then, I was right on path again shooting photographs without worrying about 'criticisms'.
Flickr helped me a lot. The flickr community is awesome. My flickr friends are good at patting your back when you take good photos, provide constructive feedbacks and they made me as a photographer in the last 2 years. That's why I tell you to join flickr (it's free).
Thankfully, my lovely wife "Devi" has shown keen interest in photography and we are enjoying our photographic outings together. Here is Devi's own photostream
My favourite photographers include a long list. You can view my favourite photographs at my flickr stream.
Wanna talk? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the photos in my Flickr photostream are copyrighted, so do not use it for any personal, non-commercial or commercial use. For personal use or non-commercial use, you could write a Flickr Mail to get my permission. I sell my photos to purchase more photographic equipments and pay my bills. If you want to get a full-resolution image of a photo in my flickr photo stream, you can email me at email@example.com
Here are some blog posts that I have written for flickr users:
Flickr Hacks:5 Tips get into "Flickr Explore" page!
I started the group "SA Central, and it has a great collection of images of South Australia. It is a place where I met a fantastic, loving bunch of photographers who showed me some beautiful places to photograph in South Australia.
Canon 50D - good DSLR to get started with; happy about the choice
Canon EF 70-300 F4-5.6 IS USM lens - satisfied with the high quality.
Canon 18-55mm IS F3.5-4.5 Lens - it's an awesome lens for it's price, I love it
Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM - best lens for portrait. sharpest image; soft, milky blurs.
Canon Speedlite 430 EX II flash - Still getting used to off-camera lighting
Holga UV Filter - as a protection for lenses
Holga Circular polarising filter - for landscape shots
Neutral Density 8 filter - for milky waterfall shots
Circular Graduated ND filter - for landscape shots
Photix Wireless Remote
Softbox & White umbrella
Wireless Trigger for Canon 430EXII
Canon 5D Mark II (with my photo sales/earnings)
Canon 10-20mm (after Canon 5D)
Manfrotto O55X Tripod
Photos of Thiru Murugan (9)
- Brisbane Meetup 3,000 photos, 851 members
- Brisbane Bird photography 16,093 photos, 653 members
- Brisbane Amateur Photographers 51,204 photos, 1,193 members
- Brisbane 24,644 photos, 1,130 members
- Brisbanites: Brisbane Photos 50,204 photos, 2,572 members
- Lightscoop Users 1,537 photos, 1,057 members
- Blurb Books 2,529 photos, 6,470 members
- Cooliris | Endless Discovery 27,688 photos, 3,781 members
- Hello, India! 818 photos, 2,375 members
- Melbourne 157,287 photos, 7,234 members
- 35mm portrait 1,554 photos, 773 members
- SA Photography 12,066 photos, 143 members
- Melbourne Models 1,764 photos, 399 members
- We call it Madras 393 photos, 57 members
- ✿Flowers!✿ 139,975 photos, 8,910 members
- CreativeCultures 831 photos, 158 members
- a diverse society 4,754 photos, 889 members
- iPhone in India 79 photos, 38 members
- Indian Villages ( Rural India ) 12,815 photos, 1,090 members
- ~Indian Street Photography~ 33,251 photos, 2,013 members
- Victoria's place in Australia 7,319 photos, 116 members
- Hamilton, Victoria Photographers 26 photos, 7 members
- "IQ" - Image Quality 254,738 photos, 8,605 members
- Be Honest. (1 comment per post) 550 photos, 175 members
- kata 391 photos, 301 members
- Victoria, Australia 69,000 photos, 1,817 members
- Great Photo(please add tag"great photo" 4,533 photos, 840 members
- Lunar Eclipse - February 20, 2008 548 photos, 281 members
- Colour n Expressions....Post 01....Award 01 !! 2,763 photos, 356 members
- Coloursplosion! (Post 1, Award 1, Invite 1 to Group) 86,347 photos, 5,192 members
- Clipsal500 Adelaide 1,323 photos, 57 members
- Brushfruit 380 photos, 386 members
- Australian Macro Photography 6,975 photos, 296 members
- La Terre vue du Ciel / Earth from above 2,214 photos, 377 members
- Chennai 31,165 photos, 1,347 members
- tamil 8,037 photos, 423 members
- Great British Landscapes (No buildings, boats, people or animals 51,471 photos, 2,807 members
- National Geographic: Are You Good Enough? Post 1, Nominate 3 1,172,732 photos, 74,645 members
- Airways 3,507 photos, 256 members
- An Awesome Shot! Invited Photos ONLY!! 379,369 photos, 50,403 members
- Social Geographic 13,888 photos, 1,312 members
- the glitch 0 photos, 276 members
- Things I Baked 14,512 photos, 820 members
- SAHA (South Australian Heritage Architecture) 313 photos, 36 members
- Waldo 89 photos, 110 members
- I Saw You First- Invited images only, post 1, invite 1 34,724 photos, 14,251 members
- Natures Finest (Invited Images Only) 305,548 photos, 39,456 members
- Comment on my Stream 24,429 photos, 2,431 members
- Macro, Closeup and Tabletop 5,728 photos, 463 members
- One Word Titles 3,708 photos, 137 members
Yogeesh Jayaramu says:
"THIRU IS AN EXTREMELY TALENTED PHOTOGRAPHER ... HIS WORK IS SO BEAUTIFUL AND HAS ITS OWN SPECIAL TOUCH .
THIRU IS ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS HAS THIS UNIQUE PERSONALITY THAT MAKES HIM STAND OUT FROM OTHERS. WISH HIM ALL THE BEST IN PHOTOGRAPHY AND IN HIS LIFE AS WELL"
September 22nd, 2009
- Thirumurugan P
- June 2005
- Hervey Bay, Australia
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Kalpa Photography
- thirukalpa [at] gmail.com