My name is Devil Doll. Yeah, I know, 1,000 other girls use the same name; however, I've been called Devil Doll for almost 30 years, so I have all of them beat (including that chick with the band in L.A.) I'm a singer in a punk-rockabilly band, The Tantrums ( www.reverbnation.com/thetantrumsca ). In September 2005 I became a published author of a local history book, and a second volume was released in January 2009. I am a deltiologist: I buy and sell vintage postcards and ephemera. I take photos: roadside America, dogs and horses, old cars, buildings and houses, neon signs, flowers, things in my house, old architecture and anything else that strikes my fancy. Because if my fancy is not struck, it's probably not worth my time. I generally don't like reproductions; if it doesn't have the stain of history, and it's a copy of something from another era, I'm not interested (with the exception of clothes, since vintage ones are rapidly disappearing or they wear out. Also, things like wallpaper, carpet and fixtures for old houses--sometimes you can't find an original for restoration purposes, and a reproduction is necessary). And I hate the words "retro" and "kitsch".
If your photostream includes lots of photos of your cooch, I do not want to see it; I will block you. And if you just like leering at photos of women, don't add me as a contact.
If your photostream doesn't have any photos, please don't add me. If you do, I will block you.
My photographs are for sale if you want to buy one. Do not steal them. If you want to link my photos and images for blogs, websites, etc., If would be polite if you would ASK FIRST. Otherwise, go spend YOUR OWN money, time and effort to find and photograph what I have pictured in my photostream. Thank you.
You can also find me here:
the_real_devil_doll on Instagram...which I don't use very much, because it's ridiculously labor-intensive to post photos there when you use a camera for photography (instead of a phone).
- I Hate Street Photography 890 photos, 383 members
- NICE... 2,459 photos, 743 members
- Agriculture 44,432 photos, 2,237 members
- Black and White (Photography) 206,211 photos, 8,777 members
- Black and white / Noir et Blanc 208,406 photos, 4,435 members
- Vintage Animals 4,913 photos, 431 members
- SF Bay Area Unlimited 6,494 photos, 213 members
- I know where you are 110,900 photos, 5,326 members
- Sun | Sky | Cloud 354,403 photos, 13,134 members
- Bars & Restaurants all over the world 19,104 photos, 1,191 members
- Destination Desolation 4,909 photos, 157 members
- Macro Photography 766,378 photos, 59,791 members
- iClick! 332,213 photos, 3,023 members
- The Coolest Photographers in the World!! 23,128 photos, 958 members
- Neon Lights 13,818 photos, 1,185 members
- San Antonio-El Paso Road 63 photos, 8 members
- 50 - Fifty Faves 41,829 photos, 1,448 members
- Flickr photo unlimited 388,577 photos, 4,612 members
- Architecture, Sculpture and Garden Works 470 photos, 19 members
- Life Through A Hole 203,904 photos, 4,366 members
- Apathetic Procrastination 2,550 photos, 161 members
- CLICK the CAMERA 1,034,669 photos, 12,679 members
- Stacked Type 1,167 photos, 84 members
- Kissing Eyes Magazine 62,601 photos, 1,968 members
- the:democratic:eye 21,063 photos, 443 members
- Favorite Postcards 26,631 photos, 245 members
- Doors & Windows Project 187,859 photos, 14,295 members
- Cream Of The Crop Animal Pics **INVITED PICS ONLY** 2,875 photos, 1,040 members
- Vampire Women ! 119 photos, 31 members
- Black and White Photography Art 881,354 photos, 34,322 members
- Deadpan 42,057 photos, 834 members
- Resonant Images 426 photos, 40 members
- NUESTROS AMIGOS LOS PERROS 30,329 photos, 1,835 members
- VIEW THE WORLD 225 photos, 8 members
- FLICKR INTERNATIONAL - No 30/60 Groups Limit 535,988 photos, 5,292 members
- Group for all users of FLICKR - No 30/60 Groups Limit 1,502,837 photos, 14,416 members
- -The Cafe- 1,186,141 photos, 27,051 members
- Nicely Composed 85,137 photos, 1,625 members
- Stark 671 photos, 88 members
- silhouette 397,743 photos, 64,638 members
- Camera stores & photo shows! 1,697 photos, 241 members
- DRIVE BY SHOOTING: LOS ANGELES 3,559 photos, 342 members
- Streets of Reno, Nevada 378 photos, 60 members
- Highway 395 3,043 photos, 218 members
- Las Vegas 117,791 photos, 7,969 members
- Henderson, Nevada 543 photos, 9 members
- Hwy. 395 6,448 photos, 401 members
- Boulder City, Nevada 393 photos, 54 members
- Reno Nevada 68 photos, 27 members
- Nevada Landscapes 991 photos, 63 members
Alan C of Marion,IN says:
"Ms DD was one of my first Flickr contacts and her photostream allows me to get lost in the 40s & 50s for hours on end. Her west coast signage shots let me explore areas I will probably never get to. She is a wonderful contributor to a lot of my groups and that is muchly appreciated. Please take a few minutes to delve in to her photos and end up being there for much longer."
August 19th, 2016
"The Real Devil Doll is a historian of the highest order. I get lost in her brilliant signage sets, all so courteously and cleverly arranged by subject matter. Much effort has gone into seeking these roadside relics, photographing them so artfully, documenting them and sharing them here. I for one am grateful for the amazing info she shares. Rock on, Devil Doll!"
October 28th, 2015
"Are you the type of person that is intrigued by the past or the golden age of the American automobile when people traveled all over the country and there were roadside motels and attractions dotted along every major and minor highway across this country.
Well if you’re that type of person the photographic stream you’ll find here produced here by the Original Devil Doll will produce nothing but gold nuggets
As a musician DD has traversed all parts of the US and archived what she has come across on the road and it’s truly an amazing collection of work, do yourself a favor and go through this wonderful stream of Americana that DD has put together it’s well worth the journey………."
April 21st, 2010
"The Devil was actually an Angel. So too is The Real Devil Doll."
October 11th, 2009
"TRDD has a photostream that's rapidly became one of my faves in all of Flickrdom. She's like a long lost sister I knew nothing about, since her love for neon and old signs is as driving as mine. Great shots, nice person, and a great singer too. Not much more needed there. :-) Now that I've met her personally, I know all of the above to be true and more. She's one of the coolest people I know, and I love her dearly."
August 24th, 2009
"Devil Doll is original and fabulous and I love her. (Her photos and ephemera, too...)"
December 30th, 2007
"Ms. Devil Doll (the one and the only) has an amazing collection of my favorite subject, that being "Old Motel Signs" For years I have seen her smaller photos on other sites and have wanted to see even more of her terrific photos. Well the time is here and we're all so honored to have her wonderful candid roadside shots available to us. Thanks Ms. Doll, you are indeed the real thing!"
July 16th, 2007
- July 2007
- Oakland, CA
- I am:
- Singer, photographer, writer, artist with a day job.
- chihuahua9 [at] aol.com