very serious. not really. flickr for fun!
Please ask to use my images. non profit use only.
zero bully tolerance
Some of my images are now licensed to Getty Images, so you better ask before you use.
- Spring RoidWeek 2014 2,569 photos, 722 members
- Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 4,261 photos, 176 members
- YYCPhoto 3,599 photos, 342 members
- 'Roid Week 2011 3,172 photos, 1,289 members
- THE IMPOSSIBLE PROJECT 132,684 photos, 8,928 members
- IMPOSSIBLE PX / PZ / 8x10 CP Film 26,348 photos, 2,163 members
- Impossible Project PX680 film 8,272 photos, 773 members
- OpenFile Calgary 160 photos, 46 members
- Enjoy Instax Life 1,306 photos, 145 members
- Your Best Shot 2010 18,457 photos, 22,459 members
- October 10, 2010 1,774 photos, 2,492 members
- bicycle.dreamin' 461 photos, 103 members
- Grand Canyon 28,268 photos, 5,009 members
- Diana Mini 40,616 photos, 4,495 members
- Alberta Panoramic Images 641 photos, 37 members
- Olympus E-P1 - The Digital PEN 35,454 photos, 1,460 members
- The Alberta Landscape 8,773 photos, 507 members
- Alberta 87,771 photos, 1,666 members
- What I Wore Today (drawings only!) 5,235 photos, 3,327 members
- Banff National Park 11,059 photos, 1,445 members
- sfgirlbybay 17,524 photos, 1,071 members
- Cycle Chic® - The Official Flickr Group 6,457 photos, 265 members
- Today is My Birthday (1 photo / year. Of you. On your Birthday) 183 photos, 135 members
- Shutter Sisters 427,536 photos, 12,673 members
- Polaroid 287,975 photos, 28,658 members
- Rollei 35 26,870 photos, 3,309 members
- nerdgasm 974 photos, 98 members
- Gluten-Free Fun 7,565 photos, 700 members
- hiking kananaskis 1,414 photos, 88 members
- Grasslands National Park 531 photos, 35 members
- Blythe in braids and ponytails! 3,158 photos, 275 members
- Blythe Magazine 10,265 photos, 301 members
- Hasselblad 253,777 photos, 12,233 members
- Blythe Doll - Kenner Brunettes 5,975 photos, 483 members
- Blythe Blythe Blythe! 234,558 photos, 6,321 members
- Picnikers - closed 128,600 photos, 9,873 members
- Interior Design 78,753 photos, 10,327 members
- Entitled 11,307 photos, 1,959 members
- Headless à la 10cent 62 photos, 27 members
- The Director of Photography - Video only- 1,173 photos, 446 members
- Amazing Alberta 75,448 photos, 2,003 members
- Holgagraphy 163,455 photos, 17,623 members
- 1945 to 1973 Mid-Century, Modern Interiors 22,355 photos, 5,415 members
- Holga 251,422 photos, 19,410 members
- Calgary Flickrmeets 3,581 photos, 524 members
- the toque club 104 photos, 82 members
- sockmonkey 3,294 photos, 597 members
- It's a girl thing 77,016 photos, 4,807 members
- I Like Grass 12,420 photos, 2,441 members
- Interiors 45,245 photos, 3,578 members
"what else is there to say about 10¢ other than I love her creativity and fine decorating skills. just awesome. I truly can't wait to hang with her. really truly. I can make gluten-free stuff for her too. mmmm."
August 5th, 2008
"Lori kills me.
And it hurts."
July 29th, 2008
bokeh burger says:
"this lady is an inspiration! flickr is lucky to have her."
June 25th, 2008
"Intelligent, funny, a lot of poetry, always a pleasure, what else ? I love it !"
June 24th, 2008
"I love your creativeness, your design and the way you take photos of yourself...
I look so forward to seeing your stream each day!
Your photos are BRILLIANT!!!
Many blessings & happiness to you always..."
May 13th, 2008
"Ten cent designer is stylish and tasteful and takes beautiful, crisp, colorful photographs. But, best of all, Ten has a terrific sense of humor. I visit her stream to look at stunningly gorgeous photographs that make me laugh until my ribs hurt."
April 20th, 2008
"shut off your tv! lori's stream is far more entertaining than anything you'll find there.
this is definitely a comedy. with lots of drama. and fantastic set design! and a cast of silly sexy serious characters. (who could forget that loveable scamp, leonard? or that cha-cha-cha miss kicky?) it's the kind of show you learn important life lessons from, like how to dress up your boring beige walls, or why you should always put someone in a big bird suit if you have the opportunity. one of these days i hope just a smidge of her style leaks out of my computer screen and into my own life. till then, i'm content to just be a part of the 10 cent studio audience.
February 23rd, 2008
"The amazing thing about Lori...one of the many amazing things...is that she can do it all. She can shoot photographs of heart-shattering sensitivity and photographs that make you laugh out loud. There is a careful, artful precision to her work that never fails to astonish me, and yet also a lightheartedness that is perfectly charming.
And Lori is just as captivating and delightful as her work. I'm half convinced she's some sort of photography sprite...a puckish and engaging semi-magical being who is occasionally spotted near camera equipment by lucky mortals like us."
January 31st, 2008
"Lori broke my heart. She is a heartless procrastinating heartbreaker.
Just kidding. She makes me laugh every darned-tootin' day. That is hard, yo."
January 30th, 2008
Shari Diane says:
"Lori's shots almost always make me smile. I love seeing her on my front page, because it means she's just posted another shot of a beautifully designed interior, or a shot of herself jumping or sleeping in the hay of a Canadian Prairie, a shot of feet, or a million other ordinary moments. She's just purely unique. And because she's so silly and wonderful and talented, she has the best Flickr fans, so her comment sections are always filled with witty repartee and just good ol' fun. She's one of my favorite contacts on Flickr. Thanks, Lori, for sharing your wonderfulness with all of us. :-)"
November 14th, 2007
"Lori's creativity absolutely amazes me. No matter the subject, her photos are always interesting and beautiful. Her stream is one of the first that I check when I log on to flickr - I'm always wondering what she's thought of now!"
November 4th, 2007
"10 Cent says she's not a photographer. Says she doesn't know anything about photography. Too much humble pie for me! No, she is all of those things and has a great sense of humor. Yeah, this is the confession of a 10 Cent Designer fan."
November 2nd, 2007
"10 Cent/Lori is one of the best photographers I've encountered. Her unique style, composition and sense of humour are second to none and her talent is an inspiration."
October 29th, 2007
"If you want to see talent you need not look any further, this girl is awesome and she is only having fun! She constantly inspires me, thanks 10."
August 19th, 2007
"10 cent cheers me up on a daily basis (not that I need it daily, but, if I am already feeling good, her photos make me feel even better, and if I am feeling fantastic, her photos make me like I can do anything! But if I am feeling like the world is just too harsh and the stuff is just too much stuff, I look at her photos and everything shifts for the better and the earth aligns itself properly.)
What I like about Lori is that she has a magnificent sense of humor, which shows, and she is willing to take risks, and she has an impeccable sense of style, and she takes beautiful photographs that are never even close to average.
May she always be here, cheering souls and sharing the beauty she depicts!"
July 3rd, 2007
"Many people have said it before and I will say it again 10 cents photos are truely wonderful! She is so extremely talented in both her design and photography. Her ablity to create such beauty is an inspiration to me daily. Style, smarts and a great sense of humer is what The 10 cent designer is made of!"
March 27th, 2007
"If I could favorite a whole stream 10's would be it. That way I wouldn't miss any one of her beautiful and inspiring pictures."
March 25th, 2007
Winged Foot says:
"Lori's amazing. Her work shows freshness, creativity, originality and frankly, lots of great fun. I'm always delighted to see her ideas, whether professional interior design, original photo work or modern thought realized in image or interior layout. She challenges me to think about photography beyond just being a medium. She's friendly and quick with a good word. She's been a great supporter of my work as well. I've really enjoyed her intellect, keen sense of good humour, sense of style, and outlook, and look forward to seeing many more of her original photos, interior work, and great ideas."
March 14th, 2007
"I have adopted 10 cent as my older sister.
I admire her - for her style, ideas, creativity, humour and professionalism. Her photostream is excellent."
February 15th, 2007
"i have no words to describe adequately the magic this woman creates."
January 26th, 2007
"Style, Beauty, Grace. With 10 cent you get to pick three."
December 22nd, 2006
"my favourite quirky canadian! her take on photography and life is elegantly simple. her creativity amazes and inspires. her stream is an amazing juxtaposition of playful captures and gorgeous landscapes, as well as masterfully staged interiors and still life. i look forward to the new offerings posted to lori's stream everyday. she is truly a treat to the flickr community! i even like her friend sarah ;)"
December 2nd, 2006
"In my next life I wanna be Miss Ten Cent Piece. I love her photos. I love her interior design. And have you seen her? She's cute as a button."
October 26th, 2006
"A long time admirer of Lori and her work, whether it be interior design, photography, or her over all style and fashion in general. A wonderful uniqueness at everything she does and with a great personality. She pulls off professionalism without taking her self too seriously. If you don't have the 10 cent designer in your contact list, you should. She is inspiration for creativity."
August 29th, 2006
"10 cent is one of a kind.
Her pictures show great talent and a very personal touch. Her flowers portraits are gorgeous, colourful and amazing.
And besides, I'm sure any landscape is always
brighter in her pictures !!"
July 18th, 2006
patrick austin says:
"What hasn't already been said in Lori's other testimonials? True, she has a fantastic eye for design, be it in her own creations, in those of others or in the amazing world of the Canadian Rockies.
I enjoy her photos for the smart, witty, careful creations they are. But more than anything, I enjoy them because she's able to see an order in things I never could. That's high praise, because it's the only reason I pay any attention to art.
That's my $.02 on $.10."
February 2nd, 2006
ms oddgers says:
"Take a look through Lori's photostream and you may begin to wonder if you're seeing the work of two photographers.
There's one photographer who takes tightly composed interior tableaus, minimal and gorgeous. The other one is clearly having a chaotic good time, shooting anything and everyone in the world around, pictures in which nothing ever stays still, even the flowers.
But what draws these two sides together is tight compositional discipline that never feels rigid, and an intuitive understanding of colour that you might expect from an interior designer.
Lori's people are always in the midst of something. Her landscapes feel like something is about to happen there, or perhaps just did. Her interiors describe an inspiring space with an elegant palette that make you want to live in those sumptuous rooms. That may not be possible, but it’s good to know that you can go and look around anytime. I know you’ll see something you like."
January 5th, 2006
- May 2005
- I am:
- Female and Taken