Photographer. Poet. Dreamer.
Sometimes my heart beats so loudly, I cannot hear anything else.
I cherish being alive and am unapologetic about who I am.
I live to create.
I teach Lightroom classes!
Fundamentals of Lightroom: Organize Files and Boost Your Workflow
Fundamentals of Lightroom: Editing and Post Processing Your Images
Images posted to this account are my original content, and are All Rights Reserved © Lotus Carroll
No use without a license is allowable. Please contact me if you are interested in licensing an image for use. firstname.lastname@example.org
- ShiftCon Social Media Conference 2016 1,646 photos, 6 members
- Face-down Tuesday 8,162 photos, 158 members
- Abandoned 1,117,115 photos, 77,486 members
- Identity & self portraits 184,268 photos, 12,322 members
- Self Portraits 145,159 photos, 11,064 members
- Artistic Self-Portraits 239,340 photos, 18,504 members
- Creative self-portraits. 209,282 photos, 21,605 members
- Self Centered Sunday 23,007 photos, 2,916 members
- The Art of Self Portraiture 1,061 photos, 66 members
- Flickr Heroes 88,365 photos, 11,177 members
- Detroit Urbex 6,221 photos, 385 members
- Detroit & Metro-Detroit Urban Exploration 10,528 photos, 1,123 members
- Damn Hell Bathrooms 4,279 photos, 944 members
- Blurryface 143 photos, 80 members
- iPhoneographers of Austin (#ioatx) 681 photos, 32 members
- Cloudporn 277,098 photos, 44,068 members
- Street Photography of New York & Paris 11,148 photos, 662 members
- Summertime 2014 264 photos, 44 members
- Women - The Mystery! 20,488 photos, 2,533 members
- New Photo Experience 102 photos, 159 members
- Photo walks ATX 526 photos, 52 members
- Project Weather 635,082 photos, 94,023 members
- Official SXSW 5,772 photos, 355 members
- This is Human Beauty 17,847 photos, 2,269 members
- Flickr Friday 34,154 photos, 39,745 members
- The Self Portrait Experience 21,861 photos, 1,379 members
- Flickr Photowalk In Austin 11.03.12 757 photos, 56 members
- Blissdom '12 Photowalk 369 photos, 30 members
- Austin 93,384 photos, 4,910 members
- Abandoned Texas 2,941 photos, 189 members
- Austin, Texas Graffiti 3,672 photos, 351 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 404,979 photos, 104,612 members
- Trey Ratcliff's PhotoWalk at SXSW 2011 358 photos, 126 members
- Ain't That America 41,576 photos, 422 members
- Abandoned United States of America 11,674 photos, 844 members
- Shutter Sisters 465,751 photos, 12,872 members
"Lotus is a photographer, poet, dreamer, mother, blogger and Lightroom teacher. She says “I cherish being alive and am unapologetic about who I am. I live to create” and this lively attitude comes through in her photography.
Lotus’s Flickr stream is full of high quality images. Sometimes they are fun, mostly they are beautiful, sometimes they are confronting, always they are thoughtful and inspiring.
Whilst there is a wide variety of image types to be found in her work, I especially love her self-portraits, which are prevalent in her stream. Perhaps this is because portraiture is an area of photography I find so hard, or perhaps because I certainly am not confident enough to photograph myself too much, or perhaps because I just find them so well executed, so beautiful and oftentimes so emotionally challenging and confronting.
Lotus often pairs her images with her own writing or a carefully selected quote, these add immensely to the impact of her images."
June 10th, 2017
"Lotus is a very creative and wonderfully expressive photographer. A beautiful talent who is clearly moved by what she does and in doing so moves the rest of us."
November 26th, 2014
Paul Howard Photo says:
"Imaginative, creative, inspiring, beautiful, talented, funny, passionate, (did I mention beautiful??), Lotus continues to surprise, delight, and amaze! And she's got a damn awesome smile to boot!!"
April 16th, 2014
Dustin J McClure says:
"Such beautiful work!"
September 28th, 2013
Blue Adept says:
"She is a whirlwind of creativity.
Each image always provokes a reaction from the viewer.
The range from family life to landscapes are always a joy to behold.
Thank you for sharing."
July 27th, 2013
"I kinda met Lotus Carroll's works through Thomas Hawk. Once I saw her works I was amazed at her ability to capture life as it happens. Her ability to display One's self and their world through the camera is tops. She has the ability to make a story and do it very well with a click which many of Us never get right. Lotus Carroll, your a favorite of mine and I think I say this for many others. We love you! =o)"
April 14th, 2013
~Away For AWHILE ~ says:
I have just witnessed one of the most amazing photo streams that I have seen here on Flickr . From back to front , a pleasure and a delight to view. One amazing shot after another . Beautiful ! Thanks So Much For Adding us . ~Madison Paige ~ * Seven Seventeen *"
June 9th, 2013
Mars Observer ♂ says:
"To whom it may concern:
I ordered my live action 'Lotus' figure several weeks ago but have yet to receive it. Perhaps it was lost in shipping, or is on back-order - but any status you could provide would be very much appreciated.
As I'm sure you can understand I've been eagerly anticipating its arrival since first seeing the advertisements on Flickr and placing my order.
This cute, ironic, funny and sassy figure is sure to capture the hearts and minds of people everywhere, and is certain to be in great demand. I'm convinced that Lotus Carroll (c) is 'The Next Big Thing'!
Thanking you in advance... -Mars"
February 8th, 2013
"Haven't written many testimonials and I don't even know Lotus, but I'm inspired by her prolific work and fresh energy. I also love the titles she associates with her images; they add much depth to an already interesting view. Bravo !"
December 14th, 2012
- August 2007
- My Heart
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- thelotuscarroll [at] gmail.com