I am a cartoonist and children's book illustrator. I spend the majority of my free time thinking about funny looking appendages and how to accurately depict them. Occasionally, I will find the time to laugh hard about hamsters in those plastic rolling balls. I enjoy getting emails.
Photos of TheGrossUncle (4)
- Dibujos e ilustraciones 1,051 photos, 80 members
- ART - NO LIMIT 3,927 photos, 312 members
- Ice Cream People 418 photos, 690 members
- Pájaros ilustrados 291 photos, 88 members
- Cats Cats Cats 420,784 photos, 27,655 members
- All Animals 1,132,836 photos, 45,521 members
- dirtyface - Submissions Group... 2,947 photos, 542 members
- Sketchbook Swap 0 photos, 5 members
- Tales from the Sneaky Crypt 0 photos, 135 members
- ◇Group wi†h Ҽxperience◆ 2,888,750 photos, 350,279 members
- Rock N' Roll Ain't Noise Pollution 66,691 photos, 3,962 members
- Rock'n'Roll Life 30,032 photos, 3,942 members
- My Love Affair With Music 116,552 photos, 5,743 members
- Guitar World 90,544 photos, 12,445 members
- Punk Rock 49,548 photos, 4,515 members
- Music 167,898 photos, 7,699 members
- Music Music Music 132,437 photos, 9,504 members
- Tiki Tiki Tiki 254 photos, 755 members
- Amateur Magazine Submission 7,106 photos, 774 members
- FlickrCentric 77 photos, 239 members
- Toronto Wizard World 2011 26 photos, 48 members
- PAPER FUTURES by [bonesandrobots] 600 photos, 250 members
- The Foxtrot Collective 28 photos, 358 members
- ImaginativeBloom.com 24,662 photos, 1,934 members
- Pikaland: The illustrated life! 30,075 photos, 2,098 members
- The Dude Company 796 photos, 255 members
- 1 bike equals 1 less car 11,034 photos, 771 members
- VANS ONLY 6,905 photos, 3,044 members
- Vectelligence 829 photos, 98 members
- stickers for trade 3,442 photos, 361 members
- felt-tip club 1,690 photos, 174 members
- Melting Pot Melting Pop 1,742 photos, 977 members
- Daily Little Drawings 309 photos, 98 members
- * ALL COLLECTIONS - and PATTERNS, TEXTURES, DETAILED STUDIES * 110,286 photos, 3,686 members
- ONE MILLION PROJECT 232,854 photos, 1,551 members
- Smile You're Not Dead Zine 2,170 photos, 324 members
- People I see in the streets(drawings) 627 photos, 125 members
- THE ORIGINAL GOLD SEAL [ Invitation Only / Post 1 - Award 4} 12,618 photos, 3,676 members
- Character Gangland 17,088 photos, 973 members
- La mia prima foto su Flickr - My first photo on Flickr 11,531 photos, 22,461 members
- We Were Here, a streetbook 139 photos, 177 members
- Cat drawings 2,411 photos, 310 members
- Cat Art 4,660 photos, 564 members
- Daily Drawings for 2009 4,151 photos, 96 members
- Pissed Up Drawings 755 photos, 120 members
- Bizarre Illustrations & Drawings & Arts 136,852 photos, 6,838 members
- Etsy.com love 242,824 photos, 13,751 members
- Rockabilly Illustrations & Artwork 401 photos, 131 members
- B.O.C.As)))) 2,133 photos, 377 members
- Grain Edit - Submit Your Work To Be Shown On The Blog Group 4,769 photos, 316 members
"Wry, ribald, fey even, Grant Gilliland can wield a sharpie with great élan to create delightfully odd and almost-amorphous characters from sheer imagination and his patented strange-sense of humor.
Thanx for sharing!
Regards from New York City,
Author of 25 Lessons I’ve Learned about Photography,
the #1 Photo Essay and Artist Biography on Amazon.com for 2010!
November 3rd, 2010
"Just incredible, his drawings always leave me with a smile!"
June 26th, 2010
"Probably the best handdrawn characters I know, Gross Uncle's lines are simply amazing."
September 9th, 2009
f ẹ r n ạ n d ộ l ẹ ộ n says:
"No doubt, you are one of the best if not the Best artist I´ve ever seen!!!!
your works are amazing!!!!"
December 8th, 2008
"Do I know Grant?
Is he my uncle?
Do find his work Gross?
Doe's he wield scribble skills?
October 4th, 2008
"The master of color is just terrific good, his characters are simply cool and always tell u a new history, is just addictive! Be careful! If u get inn u can´t get out... easy!"
March 3rd, 2008
"Your hand drawn characters are so tight!"
February 24th, 2008
"TheGrossUncle is not like the usual Uncle, in fact he's a great illustrator stoke artist and a brilliant source of inspiration.
February 19th, 2008
"Gross Uncle is a brilliant artist. His art will make you cry laugh---maybe, snort laugh too. Three cheers for, Gross Uncle. Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip hooray! Hip, hip hooray!"
February 1st, 2008
"this dude rocks my socks!!! ((:
awesome work man"
January 25th, 2008
- January 2008
- San Francisco, United States
- I am:
- Cartoonist / Illustrator / Painter
- The Gross Uncle