About my photography----Photography has really gotten a hold of me and it seems now where ever I go, I want to take pictures. It seems I am never without a camera in my hands or one that is close or nearby. I love all sorts of photography from landscape and architecture to portraits and macro and everyday I am learning something new. I am not afraid to experiment and get out of my comfort zone to say the least. I do have to say that my main interest it seems right now is to try to tell a story or show a mood, and the darker the tale the better it is. I have always loved a good horror story or a frightening tale but not necessarily dealing with beasts in your face. I like that type that makes you think about your own fears and discomforts and just gives you enough of that tingle to trigger that response that says something isn't quite right here. Maybe it is a headless doll you find out in the woods, hanging from a tree where no one is around or something seedy found in a dark alley as you take a short cut because you are running late, seeing something you were told never to do but you stop to look. Visions of post apocolyptic worlds and nature retaking what was once man. Those are the things I like to set up and shoot. No I am not into blood and guts or total carnage, just those murky, sublime, esoteric, the darker side of life moods.
I am a very eclectic and yes, sometimes I am accused of being a somewhat strange male that is by the way over the age of 18 (OK, I am in my late 40's , are you all happy now) that loves exploring life to the fullest. I consider myself very open and unshockable and have my fingers in so many things that I label myself an extreme fetishist of life. I have a fetish fetish! I have never been one to follow the conventional path in life as there is too many exciting things to see and do. At a young age, I knew that I saw things differently than most and I have always pride myself on that. That shows in my photography I do believ. My question is this, what if I am the normal one and the rest of the general populace is the abnormal?
I have many, many personalities and they all like to play and yes, sometimes all at once. I try to do my artistic thing by crafting jewelry and making art from what I find in nature and of course what i find in the bargain bins of the local stores. Be it bones and rusty nuts to satin fabric and sequins, I like making things. And now I have become totally taken over by photography that my photos are everything. In fact taking pictures has open my eyes to all the little detail that I have been blind too. It is amazing as I try to put to pictures what I see in my head.
I am also an avid geocacher, a collector of the bizarre and twisted, a 4X4 mud churning, rock eating maniac, a soulful musician, a gazer of the stars and a teller of tall tales. I'm very spiritual and a practicing Pagan, a shopper of lost items, a frustrated artist at most and a man that now owns a camera. Welcome to my world of Insanity!
Canon EOS 50D - with Battery Grip
Canon EOS Rebel XSi - with Battery Grip
Canon EF 50mm f1.8 II
Canon EF 70-210mm f/4
Canon EF 35-80mm f/4-5.6
Canon EF 80-200mm f/4.5-5.6
Canon EF 28-105mm f/4-5.6 USM
Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS
Lensbaby Muse - with Tele & Wide Lens kit & Aperature kit
Sigma DC 18-250mm f/3.5-6.3 HSM OS
Tamron SP 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 Di II
Tamron AF 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 TELE-MACRO LD Di
Tamron AF 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Aspherical
Canon FD 28mm f/2.8 (Canon FD mount)
Craigs Optics MC 28-70mm f/3.9-4.8 (K mount)
Gemini MC 28mm f2.8 (Canon FD mount)
Mamiya/Sekor Auto 50mm f/2 (M42 mount)
Mamiya/Sekor Auto 55mm f/1.8 (M42 mount)
Rokinon Automatic 135mm f/2.8 (Canon FD mount)
Soligor Wide-Auto 28mm f/2.8 (M42 mount)
Soligor Tele-Auto 135mm f/2.8 (M42 mount)
Soligor Tele-Auto 135mm f/3.5 (Nikon mount)
Vivitar Auto Telephoto 200mm f/3.5 (M42 mount)
Phoenix PZ139C SmartFlash
Slik 300 Tripod
Giottos MM 55 Monopod
Canon Extension Tube EF25
Ebay "James Bond" wireless remote
Tamrac Velocity 7X
Tamrac Velocity 8X
Tamrac Velocity 10X
Tamrac Cyberpack 6
I will also warn those that enjoy life in normalacy and the taste of vanilla ice cream over lime kiwi sherbert...I have adult groups in my group list so if you are offended in any way, please do not go past the line here. You have been warned. But your going to look anyway so don't be shocked, mad or disgusted.
- Backroads Oklahoma 300 photos, 30 members
- Car faces, Tails and Details 12,499 photos, 148 members
- Car Show Picture Dump Group 62,465 photos, 524 members
- car shows 376,773 photos, 5,441 members
- Car Faces 32,801 photos, 1,602 members
- Glasses Addiction! Sunglasses Obsession! 6,550 photos, 448 members
- Diecast Muscle Cars 6 photos, 13 members
- Bokeh is my passion 10,555 photos, 1,521 members
- Rockin' Guitars and Basses 3,968 photos, 533 members
- Bloody Good Bloody Marys 179 photos, 30 members
- Welcome to the Monkey House 149 photos, 14 members
- 13ft - Graveyard Ghoul 546 photos, 15 members
- Doors and windows 76,091 photos, 2,938 members
- From my window 5,956 photos, 680 members
- Paw Prints 733 photos, 252 members
- 'Views: 2000 - 2500 27,746 photos, 2,033 members
- 'Views: 1250 - 1500 23,662 photos, 1,543 members
- Manikin Madness 328 photos, 74 members
- Storage Silos 229 photos, 78 members
- Stand Alone Silos 46 photos, 61 members
- Silos 2,320 photos, 609 members
- Country Life in the U.S.A. 5,251 photos, 403 members
- Black & White Digital 808,245 photos, 28,220 members
- Food Planet 37,270 photos, 949 members
- Art in Autos 4,229 photos, 178 members
- Details of cars 5,405 photos, 263 members
- Detail pictures 21,232 photos, 798 members
- blue + rust 14,323 photos, 1,348 members
- Letters & Digits 8,989 photos, 521 members
- THE PHOTOGRAPHIC ART- GROUP (POST 1 / COMMENT AWARD - OSCAR 3) 62,691 photos, 2,144 members
- Ruined churches and places of worship 17,455 photos, 2,762 members
- Selective Colour! 10,704 photos, 1,350 members
- Cat Cats Catz!!! 108,940 photos, 8,700 members
- Cat-A-Log 113,335 photos, 10,604 members
- Cat Faces and Eyes 103,271 photos, 14,541 members
- Ghost Signage 372 photos, 30 members
- ! Unbelievable and Strange ! 11,818 photos, 291 members
- Abstract and arty - no rules except abstract and arty! 96,914 photos, 2,709 members
- DazzlePix RETRO, VINTAGE & ANTIQUE 2,666 photos, 259 members
- MO - for MacrOs [& Details] [P1/C2] 12,085 photos, 569 members
- cBW = [BLACK&WHITE] + Selective Color (P1/C2) 69,182 photos, 2,483 members
- A to Z photography 30,932 photos, 226 members
- Gate to Paradise, Free Group for Free Artists, It's your group 59,007 photos, 1,272 members
- Yellow + Rust 2,158 photos, 218 members
- The Ruby Awards/INVITED PICS ONLY!/P1&C3to5 41,104 photos, 9,489 members
- First Aid Kit 538 photos, 196 members
- Christmas Ornaments 7,709 photos, 1,088 members
- Christmas Trees! 99 photos, 121 members
- Fence Photography 20,863 photos, 1,640 members
- Oklahoma Emergency Vehicles 225 photos, 51 members
"Ah, the illustrious Darkmoon photography. ..
Dark, troubling, reviled,
innovative yet, compliant,
Old fashioned yet contemporary
Dark yet light
Monochromatic, yet colorful
spontaneous, yet planned
Docile, yet dominant
Dormant yet awakening
Dogged, yet catlike
Mousey, yet catty
known, yet unknown
plain yet plaid
sublime, yet in your face
Unplanned yet contrived
Good, yet evil
Need I say more?
(Now Brian, give me my $20.00!)"
November 7th, 2011
"one of the most refreshing and original profiles I've ever seen on this sespool we call Yahoo! I love your photos and would luv to be a part of some of your work if your ever out west!
July 22nd, 2010
"Though Mr. Evil and I live only a few miles down the road from one another and have never met, his photography and stories have been an inspiration. I can't wait to see what he is up to next and am looking forward to one day meeting and shooting with him.
Thank you for the wonderful testimonial and keep your finger on the trigger! You rock it!!!"
November 8th, 2009
"My friend Bobo, what can I say.... you are an inspiration to me and I find your art amazing. You are a fabulous photographer and you capture things that I am attracted to as well. It has been suggested that we have some kind of cosmic artsy connection and maybe one day we will help each other achieve greatness, but until then keep inspiring me and keep making me smile and we will get along just fine."
September 27th, 2009
"wow just love ya photos man...just spent a good ole time lookin at em all..waz like readin a good book ..once ya start ya dont wanna put it down... excellent stuff....!!!!!"
September 3rd, 2009
Tanya Divine West says:
"thanks for letting me be part of your great photos :)"
August 3rd, 2009
Art Gardenfunckle says:
"Brother, I enjoy your photographs very much. You are on of the most creative people I have ran across on Flickr. You inspire me. Because of you, I now have my work bench all cleaned up and organized. Glad to have you as a friend. I think you and I might have been brothers in a past life. I went to the Past Lives Pavilion once. I think we were Knights & Whores in the past."
May 4th, 2009
"What a great profile, is it all true or just another tall tale ? ;-)
Stay insane..it feels great!!!!"
May 6th, 2009
Rach's Pix says:
"I just love your art and your attitude!"
March 28th, 2009
Mistress Pussycat says:
"Thank You So Much For The Add... Looking Forward To Sharing A Nice Friendship With You...LIFE IS WAYYYY TOOOO SHORT!!!! Live Life...Love Life...Always Be YOU!!!
October 7th, 2008
- Brian Smith
- June 2008
- A very small farm town
- Oklahoma City
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- Depends which personality is in charge