Welcome to my Flickr page. My name is Des. Sounds like "mess". I have finally decided to start uploading photos to share with everyone. I'm enjoying my time here looking at groups and meeting others with similar interests. I spend most of my online time over on LiveJournal. I love to draw and write about my own characters and will be uploading my drawings here over time. I'm an 80's child. I'm happily married to my loving husband Chris. He's wonderful and helps me with lots of stuff. He finally has a Flickr page Here.
If you like my photos or even just find them amusing please comment. I love getting nice comments.
My photos and art are copyright to me. Do not use without my permission. If you would like to use something for your book or magazine publication I will require payment. Please ask first.
Budgies, birds, sphinx moths, drawing, writing, playing my bass guitar, true heavy metal, 80's, 80's music, action figures, toys, bouncy balls, Andean music, techno, Marshmallow Peeps, science, biology, reading science books, gardening, vegetable gardening, gourds, cucurbits, Jurrasic Park, pumpkins, holidays, cephalopods, chenille chicks, chickens, pigeons, Myers Briggs Personality, Nepenthes, cartoons, action movies, Moby Dick, monsters, ornithology, paleontology, pirates, science history, science museums, Spongebob, Star Trek, seals, travel and video games
Several of these will likely show up in my uploads.
Languages: English and Spanish. A few words in German.
Personality Type: INTJ
Flickr Communities I founded:
Cucurbitaceae - Gourd Family of Plants. Gourds, Pumpkins, Luffas, Cucumbers etc.
Sphingidae - For photos of Sphinx moths
Wild Budgies - For photos of budgies seen in the wild
Budgie & Parakeet Figures
Cucurbitaceae - My LiveJjournal community for gourds, pumpkins and luffas.
My website - mostly for my character art
Informal Flickr Journal
Jan 25, 2013
* I haven't made an update here since 2011. But I have been uploading a lot of photos and finally getting good use of this place. I like Flickr a lot. Just wish I had more commenters. I'm working on a lot of art that will be posted soon. I'm on an art roll and think I have improved a lot. I think 2013 will be a great year. I'm enjoying raising nepenthes plants. I have improved in caring for them as well. Looking forward to making new sets for this year.
May 27, 2011
* I have all my old back up CD's of photos in one place now. I'm probably going to be uploading A LOT of pictures, some very old, and make new categories for them. So be sure to check out my Collections and Sets. I'm also enjoying putting up my character art. If you look at anything look at that. I may even start to scan some of my photos from boxes and albums. May-be. I have tons and that takes a lot more effort to digitize them.
Apr 16, 2011
* I am officially obsessed with Nepenthes. New obsession. Started a few weeks ago.
Feb 3, 2011
* I bought myself a paid account. I'm enjoying this place so much I want no ads and I know I'll eventually have more than 200 photos up. I want them all to show up. Unfortunately I'm having issues with photos not showing up on Cucurbitaceae. Sent a help request. Details are on a discussion thread there. I'm worried since I'm proud of my new little community.
Jan 28, 2011
*I have decided I will start using my account more. I will most likely be adding pictures of my chickens, some of my birds, cucurbits and other plants I grow in my garden this year. Perhaps some older photos I've taken.
Dec 16, 2010
*Decided to log in and check things out. I no longer have my Nikon as it turned out I did not like that camera at all. I now have a Cannon Power Shot SX120 IS. I LOVE this little camera. Perhaps I may post some photos here one day. Still need to upload some of my art.
- Botanical with Nature 11,497 photos, 153 members
- ❄ These are a Few of My Favorite Things ❄ 12 photos, 10 members
- Fairy Tails Birds 114 photos, 30 members
- Dragon's Dogma 86 photos, 6 members
- Pumpkin Patch 6,150 photos, 1,496 members
- Jurassic Park 525 photos, 97 members
- Aristolochia 346 photos, 90 members
- I believe in holidays & other calendrical observances P1 C1 15,805 photos, 824 members
- GOURD - GOURD CRAFT -GOURD PICTURE AND GOURD ART GROUP 1,348 photos, 757 members
- Thanksgiving Crafts and Decorations 350 photos, 106 members
- Pitcher Plants 753 photos, 110 members
- Plant Tissue Culture 161 photos, 53 members
- Classic Epcot 125 photos, 54 members
- Nepenthes 1,376 photos, 212 members
- SCHECTER Guitars - keep 'em coming! 573 photos, 206 members
- Budgie & Parakeet Figures 54 photos, 20 members
- Chenille Chicks 158 photos, 51 members
- follow_the_gourd 6 photos, 7 members
- Cucurbitaceae 477 photos, 120 members
- The Domestic Nest 411 photos, 36 members
- Wild Budgies 61 photos, 17 members
- Sphingidae 445 photos, 93 members
- Aristolochia Group 268 photos, 36 members
- Bignoniaceae 1,355 photos, 96 members
- Cucurbitaceae (melons and relatives) 182 photos, 45 members
Thagirion3 doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- January 2010
- Florida, USA!
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- My LiveJournal