PLEASE do not FAVE & run...
say a few words...takes just a minute, non...?
I appreciate your feedback.
AND a Renaissance woman in progress...
(There is SO much to learn out there...!)
These days you can find me amidst the Fashion Dolls, styling; designing tiny couture & photographing them to look fashionable, fierce &; fabulous.
- Forgotten Chicago 14,388 photos, 509 members
- Stevie Nicks Texas 19 photos, 2 members
- Barbie Ooaks and Reroots 16,872 photos, 840 members
- Toys From the Screen 11,170 photos, 152 members
- Song of Ice and Fire 1,475 photos, 429 members
- I ♥ TWILIGHT 10,504 photos, 1,579 members
- Fashion Doll Photography at its best! 81,566 photos, 1,113 members
- 1/6 scale clothes for figures and dolls by Hegemony77 2,138 photos, 2,756 members
- Twilight Barbie Collector Dolls 495 photos, 53 members
- Ballet & Dance 34,115 photos, 3,402 members
- Autumn colors 202,854 photos, 14,616 members
- Awesome Autumn 3,248 photos, 412 members
- La Pucelle 1,332 photos, 1,221 members
- 9/11 Tribute 496 photos, 98 members
- 9/11 memorial 818 photos, 182 members
- Project Project Runway 1,468 photos, 102 members
- The Hunger Games Group 281 photos, 190 members
- *TwiBlythe* (we welcome other types of dolls too!) 319 photos, 114 members
- Whitney Houston Dolls 3 photos, 7 members
- Barbie's Beautiful Black Friends 13,237 photos, 559 members
- Whitney Houston 11 photos, 16 members
- Doll Headshots 38,332 photos, 856 members
- Barbie Size Fashion Gowns 1,107 photos, 90 members
- Barbie new generation 186 photos, 34 members
- Fashion Doll! 71,208 photos, 1,082 members
- Barbie Collector 29,184 photos, 506 members
- Doll Portraits 52,328 photos, 1,395 members
- Barbie's Dolls of the World Collection 152 photos, 205 members
- Barbie Identification 3,706 photos, 423 members
- Beautiful Black Dolls 25,173 photos, 930 members
- Doll Fashionistas - HIGH FASHION ONLY! 91,822 photos, 1,803 members
- Barbie 118,835 photos, 3,592 members
- Remembering September 11, 2001 478 photos, 167 members
- Remember 2,714 photos, 344 members
- Garden Gnomes 1,587 photos, 574 members
- Home for Gnomes 5,799 photos, 1,581 members
- Christmas in Chicago 311 photos, 28 members
- AROUND ILLINOIS 47,120 photos, 439 members
- Oak Brook 246 photos, 31 members
- Hallmark Keepsake Ornaments 489 photos, 64 members
- Oak Park, Illinois 1,266 photos, 116 members
- Prairie School Architecture 1,930 photos, 195 members
- Chicagoist Photos 221,400 photos, 3,284 members
- Historic Water Mills 6,025 photos, 1,032 members
- COLOUR PRIORITY 205,879 photos, 4,447 members
- Restaurant Interiors 4,549 photos, 496 members
- Cours et passages à Paris 1,216 photos, 186 members
- Chicago Artists 8,401 photos, 437 members
- Time Out Chicago Photo Group 71,205 photos, 1,421 members
- Chicago Tribune 38,667 photos, 356 members
"simplement, elle est charmant."
December 3rd, 2008
Katherine Gruender "Kat" says:
"Terrie is an amazing artist. She takes an every day item and turns into something you want to hang on your wall. She has an eye for beauty and detail. Her work will make you want to return and leave you anxious for the next shot. A wonderful flickr friend always encouraging and making you want to strive for perfection. I count myself very lucky to have found her work and to be a friend on flickr."
August 11th, 2008
Connie Arida says:
"Talking of "Art" is not my forte. All I can say is I love your still life's. The composition and colour are a product of what you see, uncontaminated by the "trickery" often seen when photographers discover photoshop. Bravo"
August 5th, 2008
"Depuis quelque temps j ai rencontre Marie Therese sur flrck et je suis epoustoufle par son travail photographique de toute grande qualite.
Des portraits des superbes photos de Paris a la composition soignees;
Ses images sont un regal pour les yeux du travail de Pro
pour moi c est une des plus grandes de flirck et de plus une amie adorable
For some time I have met on flrck Marie Therese and I epoustoufle by his photographic work of any great quality.
Portraits of beautiful photos of Paris has treated the composition;
His pictures are a regal for the eyes of Labour Pro
To me is one of the largest and most flirck a friend adorable
Bruxelles mars 2008"
March 22nd, 2008
Asdak Photography says:
"When one thinks of photography and art, many aspects of that art form come to mind, quality, composition, images that stand out and amaze and inspire the viewer. Metrogirl/Therese-Marie is a photographer who encapsulates all of these aspects and more.
Her images of Paris are indeed some of the very best, this can be said in the same breath about all of her images. As a contact she is generous, responsive and always positive. I would highly recommend anyone view her photostream and be in awe of what you see.
Best wishes Therese-Marie and continued success for the future."
March 9th, 2008
"Thérèse-Marie, a woman with a little touch of reinassence in her skin and with an extraordinary feeling for everything she can catch up with her camera.
Her photos are ever sweet cream for everybody.
Congratulations by your talent and art,
February 26th, 2008
"She is one of the most outstanding photographers Flickr ever had aquired, her photos are just not snaps, but they are blogs, beauty, perfection, and LIFE et all.I have not got the priveldge to know her personally, but seeing her work makes you understand the dedication and perfection that has been inside her forever, people born with such talent are rare and beautiful people born with it is even more rare.who says beauty has no brains? She is an example. Wish her all the best, God give us more like her, please.."
February 6th, 2008
"The incredibly heart-warming and stunning PARIS photos by metrogirl will make you want to explore the beautiful city all over again! The jaw-dropping shots of her beloved PYRAMID at the LOUVRE belong in the LOUVRE! Metrogirl has an incredible eye for beauty and her warmth comes through in her photos! Treat yourself to a visual visit in PARIS through metrogirl's flickr photos!"
February 1st, 2008
Art Hill says:
"I feel bad that I haven't gotten around to writing this testimonial before now. I have been enjoying Thérèse-Marie 's photos for quite some time now. As others have said she does a remarkable job of showing us Paris. But she does so much more than that. She provides us with such fresh, creative looks at a wide variety of subjects. Flowers, food, people, snow, sunsets - the list in endless. Most amazing is her skill at seeing a new way to present something that we have seen before. Her photostream is one of the most fascinating you will run across here. Plus she is just a genuinely nice person - always a kind word."
January 16th, 2008
Anima Fotografie says:
"The Lebanese writer & mystic Kahlil Gibran once said - "Beauty is not in the face - beauty is a light in the heart".
He could have been talking about Thérèse-Marie.
It's easy to see from her inigmatic flickr icon of great Beauty glimpsed, that she herself is beautiful. But as Gibran alludes, & her images & words reveal, her beauty starts from deep within & carries on to that skin deep surface...
If you are already familar with her wise words & sublime images you will no doubt be now nodding in agreement. If you are also familar with her great love for, & devotion to, La Pyramide, a French National Treasure, you will I'm sure also echo this sentiment - Metrogirl, YOU are also a French National Treasure! I just want to know when the Authorities "dans la Musée du Louvre" realise it too, & give you some recognition "aussi"!
Angels - possibly how we met here. I went through an "Angel Phase" some time back with my camera, & discovered comments full of empathy & feeling left under numerous of my Angelic studies. I think this is how we first met here actually. In turn, I was captivated & moved by many of Thérèse-Marie's sublime Angel images. So angels brought us together here!
I feel priviliged to count you as a friend here Thérèse-Marie, & look forward to following your visions & passions via your camera lens in the future. Next time I am in Paris, in the Métro, or at La Pyramide, I'll look out for a beautiful woman with a shock of blonde hair, with camera in hand.....bon chance toujours Métrogirl!"
October 26th, 2007
"Terrie is a person of a big kindness the stream of which is a real invitation in the journey. I am happy to have met her on Flickr. She brings the peace, the serenity and the beauty through her photos and possesses a big artistic talent.
The angels are also important in her life as they are in mine.
Thanks to you Terrie to be so present and to have this bond of friendship.
May 22nd, 2007
O Caritas says:
"En tant que quelqu'un qui est tombé aussi amoureux de Paris, je peux dire tandis que Thérèse-Marie crée régulièrement des belles photographies de la ville tout le monde peut voir, elle rend aussi si merveilleusement le battement de son coeur.
As somebody who also has fallen in love with Paris, I can say that while Thérèse-Marie regularly creates beautiful photographs of the city everyone can see, she also so marvelously renders the beat of its heart."
March 16th, 2007
"On my first days in the flickr-world, I met at first some extraordinary beautiful angels..awesome shots, expressions of a deep connection between the angels and the photographer, a deep passion. You can see an angel shot of Thérèse and think: thats the really best, most beautiful light, angle and perspective for that angel - and then, after a few days, Thérèse presents a new photo of the same and it's amazing: so much beauty even in this shot!
Thérèse is an angel by herself, because she always has her loving eye on her photo-subject, the world around her and the photos of other members, like me. And most of all: I can always feel my own wings growing, when I look at her photos.
Terrie, thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us.
Your sense for beauty, atmosphere and stories in the things, others pass by without recognizing, how special they are, is really a present!"
March 15th, 2007
claudio malatesta says:
"I have known Terrie for quite a while, first through Flickr, then personnally when she stayed in Paris; as a friend, she is one of the most delicate, sensitive and beautiful persons I ever met; too many qualities to report here actually.
This testimonial is brought to emphasize the interest I find (as many others, obviously) watching her photostream as time passes. Of course you'll immediately notice her architect's eye; but from mere photographing her surrroundings, Terrie has reached another level of study, a new approach to visual perception.
Her new sets show a widening range of new interests, of invention in theme constructions, of sensation mixtures... To me, her visual art forms are an essence of feminity, and in these past months I could observe her blooming! Way to go, dear friend!"
December 16th, 2006
- November 2005
- Paris, France
- I am:
- Renaissance woman