Teaching for Change provides teachers and parents with the tools to create schools where students learn to read, write and change the world.
Teaching for Change operates from the belief that schools can provide students the skills, knowledge and inspiration to be citizens and architects of a better world -- or they can fortify the status quo. By drawing direct connections to 'real world' issues, Teaching for Change encourages teachers and students to question and re-think the world inside and outside their classrooms, build a more equitable, multicultural society, and become active global citizens.
In 2016, we celebrated our 25th anniversary.
Photos of teachingforchange (1)
teachingforchange's favorite photos from other Flickr members (5)
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 617,564 photos, 46,001 members
- Fan>TAB>ulous Aluminum & Tin Can ART 4,770 photos, 699 members
- BusboysandPoetsBooks 18 photos, 1 member
teachingforchange doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- April 2007
- Washington, DC, United States of America
- Building social justice, starting in the classroom.