“When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.” ~ John Muir
I love photographing both the wild and the urban, and especially the wild in the urban. I was born of Latvian parents, lived as an ex-pat American kid in Geneva and Amsterdam, then returned to the States as a cultural misfit, which generated some eclectic sensibilities.
I’m drawn to themes of reclamation and unusual juxtaposition -- where wildlife and flora manage to eke out an existence or even thrive in the unlikely confines of the “unnatural.” As such, I’m particularly fond of wildlife success stories in city or industrial grids, where nature has been allowed to move back in, either formally or informally — in patchworks of habitat or in long stretches of greenway.
Wildlife Photography Ethics
The well-being of my wildlife subjects is more important to me than any image, so I look for signs of stress or disturbance in wild animals and move on if I see them. My volunteer work in wildlife rehabilitation fueled my passion for wildlife photography, and my lifelong connection to animals and nature informs my narrative in this way.
I don't bait wild animals or use calls. I'm also careful about nest photos, and avoid photographing anywhere I might compromise the well-being or safety of the animals. I like the North American Nature Photography guidelines as a baseline. (If I'm photographing birds around an existing seed feeder in a public park or garden, I'll note it in the photo caption.)
I generally don't disclose wildlife locations when it comes to sensitive or uncommon species, or with baby birds and nesting areas. I'm also careful about not giving away locations of unusual birds during hunting season, for the animals' safety.
USING MY PHOTOS
** Although some of my images are free for use under a Creative Commons license, *I prefer they not be used to promote any type of violence or harm toward animals. Thank you for being respectful of this request. **
Part of the reason I upload select images to Flickr is to participate in the Creative Commons community, providing images for educational and nonprofit organizations, for the purpose of preservation, conservation and teaching. As such, many of my Flickr images have a Creative Commons license attached. Some photos are fully-protected or licensed exclusively to Getty or elsewhere, and cannot be used. So, please check on an image-by-image basis.
Licensing varies by photo:
ATTRIBUTION: May be used freely with photo credit/attribution.
ATTRIBUTION NON-COMMERCIAL: May be used for editorial or educational purposes, blogs, etc. May not be used for merchandising products or commercial promotions without my permission.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: Some photos under the ARR license have been sold for limited or exclusive use, so I may not be able to grant permission on those images. But, feel free to ask about any particular photo you're interested in.
PHOTO CREDIT: Ingrid Taylar. Where possible on websites, a link back is nice, too -- to the original photo page here at Flickr or to my photo website (www.ingridtaylar.com).
I always appreciate knowing where my images were used, so feel free to drop me an email, letting me know. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. [[:-)
~ Ingrid Taylar
:: Photo website: www.ingridtaylar.com
:: Wildlife Conservation Stamp: www.wildlifeconservationstamp.org
** Support the creation of a new National Wildlife Refuge pass (or stamp) for photographers, birders and wildlife watchers.
:: Blog: The Wild Beat
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 3,311 photos, 757 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 257,368 photos, 5,457 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 543,479 photos, 19,893 members
- iPhone Freaks 275,215 photos, 7,891 members
- iPhone Obsession (,^^) 49,858 photos, 2,012 members
- Mob Paint 11,460 photos, 503 members
- Instagram 143,916 photos, 8,289 members
- Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve 6,144 photos, 303 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,279 photos, 1,005 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,084 photos, 1,805 members
- Wikimedia Commons 10,219 photos, 558 members
- Wikipedia 7,174 photos, 418 members
- Project Weather 479,836 photos, 77,709 members
- Close-ups of Animals 20,118 photos, 1,283 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 33,149 photos, 1,183 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 16,477 photos, 3,360 members
- East Bay Birding Affiliated (EBBA) 6,701 photos, 138 members
- Juanita Bay Park Photography 1,854 photos, 55 members
- Seattle Parks 1,323 photos, 105 members
- DISCOVERY PARK - SEATTLE 465 photos, 92 members
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge 3,088 photos, 184 members
- The Wildlife Conservation Stamp Project 2,379 photos, 40 members
- Birds of Washington State 8,260 photos, 135 members
- Berkeleyside 11,522 photos, 352 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 34,235 photos, 16,645 members
- Issaquah, WA 790 photos, 95 members
- Seattle Photographers 27,188 photos, 797 members
- Audubon magazine 97,252 photos, 1,220 members
- Great Seattle Wheel 178 photos, 35 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 135,417 photos, 4,103 members
- Zuiko Lenses 5,523 photos, 117 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 32,824 photos, 899 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 4,869 photos, 142 members
- Ballard Locks 490 photos, 33 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 312,503 photos, 10,429 members
- Parting Shots 887 photos, 538 members
- Burdr 82,894 photos, 955 members
- Queen Anne Seattle 1,244 photos, 89 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians of the Pacific Northwest 1,706 photos, 185 members
- Mount Rainier 3,913 photos, 725 members
- Seattle 163,880 photos, 8,035 members
- Panasonic Lumix TZ5 21,485 photos, 759 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 109,801 photos, 2,616 members
- Magnolia Seattle 825 photos, 48 members
- Aperture Users 377,308 photos, 11,976 members
- Four Thirds Users 112,528 photos, 2,041 members
- Olympus 87,799 photos, 1,403 members
- Caspian Terns 1,431 photos, 139 members
- Seattlest 65,078 photos, 1,927 members
- Balcony Wildlife & Habitat 95 photos, 12 members
Ingrid Taylar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ingrid Taylar
- August 2004
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ingrid Taylar Studio