“When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.” ~ John Muir
I love photographing both the wild and the urban, and especially the wild in the urban. I was born of Latvian parents, lived as an ex-pat American kid in Geneva and Amsterdam, then returned to the States as a cultural misfit, which generated some eclectic sensibilities.
I’m drawn to themes of reclamation and unusual juxtaposition -- where wildlife and flora manage to eke out an existence or even thrive in the unlikely confines of the “unnatural.” As such, I’m particularly fond of wildlife success stories in city or industrial grids, where nature has been allowed to move back in, either formally or informally — in patchworks of habitat or in long stretches of greenway.
Wildlife Photography Ethics
The well-being of my wildlife subjects is more important to me than any image, so I look for signs of stress or disturbance in wild animals and move on if I see them. My volunteer work in wildlife rehabilitation fueled my passion for wildlife photography, and my lifelong connection to animals and nature informs my narrative in this way.
I don't bait wild animals or use calls. I'm also careful about nest photos, and avoid photographing anywhere I might compromise the well-being or safety of the animals. I like the North American Nature Photography guidelines as a baseline. (If I'm photographing birds around an existing seed feeder in a public park or garden, I'll note it in the photo caption.)
I generally don't disclose wildlife locations when it comes to sensitive or uncommon species, or with baby birds and nesting areas. I'm also careful about not giving away locations of unusual birds during hunting season, for the animals' safety.
USING MY PHOTOS
** Although some of my images are free for use under a Creative Commons license, *I prefer they not be used to promote any type of violence or harm toward animals. Thank you for being respectful of this request. **
Part of the reason I upload select images to Flickr is to participate in the Creative Commons community, providing images for educational and nonprofit organizations, for the purpose of preservation, conservation and teaching. As such, many of my Flickr images have a Creative Commons license attached. Some photos are fully-protected or licensed exclusively to Getty or elsewhere, and cannot be used. So, please check on an image-by-image basis.
Licensing varies by photo:
ATTRIBUTION: May be used freely with photo credit/attribution.
ATTRIBUTION NON-COMMERCIAL: May be used for editorial or educational purposes, blogs, etc. May not be used for merchandising products or commercial promotions without my permission.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: Some photos under the ARR license have been sold for limited or exclusive use, so I may not be able to grant permission on those images. But, feel free to ask about any particular photo you're interested in.
PHOTO CREDIT: Ingrid Taylar. Where possible on websites, a link back is nice, too -- to the original photo page here at Flickr or to my photo website (www.ingridtaylar.com).
I always appreciate knowing where my images were used, so feel free to drop me an email, letting me know. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. [[:-)
~ Ingrid Taylar
:: Photo website: www.ingridtaylar.com
:: Wildlife Conservation Stamp: www.wildlifeconservationstamp.org
** Support the creation of a new National Wildlife Refuge pass (or stamp) for photographers, birders and wildlife watchers.
:: Blog: The Wild Beat
- #SFflickrmeetup - San Francisco Flickr Meetups 4,859 photos, 315 members
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 4,564 photos, 765 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 260,400 photos, 5,519 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 557,618 photos, 20,544 members
- iPhone Freaks 280,206 photos, 8,109 members
- iPhone Obsession (,^^) 52,787 photos, 2,185 members
- Mob Paint 12,401 photos, 529 members
- Instagram 144,515 photos, 8,288 members
- Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve 6,503 photos, 309 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,406 photos, 1,011 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,181 photos, 1,807 members
- Wikimedia Commons 10,721 photos, 562 members
- Wikipedia 7,528 photos, 426 members
- Project Weather 556,790 photos, 83,245 members
- Close-ups of Animals 23,240 photos, 1,349 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 35,499 photos, 1,204 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 17,062 photos, 3,474 members
- East Bay Birding Affiliated (EBBA) 6,859 photos, 138 members
- Juanita Bay Park Photography 1,877 photos, 55 members
- Seattle Parks 1,371 photos, 108 members
- DISCOVERY PARK - SEATTLE 472 photos, 93 members
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge 3,234 photos, 186 members
- The Wildlife Conservation Stamp Project 2,503 photos, 42 members
- Birds of Washington State 8,620 photos, 137 members
- Berkeleyside 11,783 photos, 354 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 34,112 photos, 16,976 members
- Issaquah, WA 811 photos, 98 members
- Seattle Photographers 28,746 photos, 831 members
- Audubon magazine 109,595 photos, 1,326 members
- Great Seattle Wheel 180 photos, 35 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 148,463 photos, 4,409 members
- Zuiko Lenses 6,564 photos, 133 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 35,143 photos, 947 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 5,055 photos, 145 members
- Ballard Locks 502 photos, 35 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 340,647 photos, 10,951 members
- Parting Shots 900 photos, 544 members
- Burdr 85,457 photos, 966 members
- Queen Anne Seattle 1,270 photos, 90 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians of the Pacific Northwest 1,602 photos, 199 members
- Mount Rainier 3,984 photos, 732 members
- Seattle 166,012 photos, 8,104 members
- Panasonic Lumix TZ5 21,643 photos, 756 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 111,827 photos, 2,649 members
- Magnolia Seattle 905 photos, 48 members
- Aperture Users 385,339 photos, 11,977 members
- Four Thirds Users 114,757 photos, 2,054 members
- Olympus 92,274 photos, 1,432 members
- Caspian Terns 1,451 photos, 140 members
- Seattlest 65,413 photos, 1,933 members
Ingrid Taylar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ingrid Taylar
- August 2004
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ingrid Taylar Studio