“When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.” ~ John Muir
I love photographing both the wild and the urban, and especially the wild in the urban. I was born of Latvian parents, lived as an ex-pat American kid in Geneva and Amsterdam, then returned to the States as a cultural misfit, which generated some eclectic sensibilities.
I’m drawn to themes of reclamation and unusual juxtaposition -- where wildlife and flora manage to eke out an existence or even thrive in the unlikely confines of the “unnatural.” As such, I’m particularly fond of wildlife success stories in city or industrial grids, where nature has been allowed to move back in, either formally or informally — in patchworks of habitat or in long stretches of greenway.
Wildlife Photography Ethics
The well-being of my wildlife subjects is more important to me than any image, so I look for signs of stress or disturbance in wild animals and move on if I see them. My volunteer work in wildlife rehabilitation fueled my passion for wildlife photography, and my lifelong connection to animals and nature informs my narrative in this way.
I don't bait wild animals or use calls. I'm also careful about nest photos, and avoid photographing anywhere I might compromise the well-being or safety of the animals. I like the North American Nature Photography guidelines as a baseline. (If I'm photographing birds around an existing seed feeder in a public park or garden, I'll note it in the photo caption.)
I generally don't disclose wildlife locations when it comes to sensitive or uncommon species, or with baby birds and nesting areas. I'm also careful about not giving away locations of unusual birds during hunting season, for the animals' safety.
USING MY PHOTOS
** Although some of my images are free for use under a Creative Commons license, *I prefer they not be used to promote any type of violence or harm toward animals. Thank you for being respectful of this request. **
Part of the reason I upload select images to Flickr is to participate in the Creative Commons community, providing images for educational and nonprofit organizations, for the purpose of preservation, conservation and teaching. As such, many of my Flickr images have a Creative Commons license attached. Some photos are fully-protected or licensed exclusively to Getty or elsewhere, and cannot be used. So, please check on an image-by-image basis.
Licensing varies by photo:
ATTRIBUTION: May be used freely with photo credit/attribution.
ATTRIBUTION NON-COMMERCIAL: May be used for editorial or educational purposes, blogs, etc. May not be used for merchandising products or commercial promotions without my permission.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: Some photos under the ARR license have been sold for limited or exclusive use, so I may not be able to grant permission on those images. But, feel free to ask about any particular photo you're interested in.
PHOTO CREDIT: Ingrid Taylar. Where possible on websites, a link back is nice, too -- to the original photo page here at Flickr or to my photo website (www.ingridtaylar.com).
I always appreciate knowing where my images were used, so feel free to drop me an email, letting me know. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. [[:-)
~ Ingrid Taylar
:: Photo website: www.ingridtaylar.com
:: Wildlife Conservation Stamp: www.wildlifeconservationstamp.org
** Support the creation of a new National Wildlife Refuge pass (or stamp) for photographers, birders and wildlife watchers.
:: Blog: The Wild Beat
- #SFflickrmeetup - San Francisco Flickr Meetups 4,861 photos, 317 members
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 4,928 photos, 774 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 261,609 photos, 5,537 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 563,388 photos, 20,823 members
- iPhone Freaks 282,176 photos, 8,198 members
- iPhone Obsession (,^^) 53,844 photos, 2,259 members
- Mob Paint 12,763 photos, 541 members
- Instagram 145,076 photos, 8,303 members
- Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve 6,559 photos, 314 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,489 photos, 1,016 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,209 photos, 1,812 members
- Wikimedia Commons 10,826 photos, 563 members
- Wikipedia 7,698 photos, 438 members
- Project Weather 568,269 photos, 84,242 members
- Close-ups of Animals 24,353 photos, 1,359 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 36,370 photos, 1,221 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 17,344 photos, 3,545 members
- East Bay Birding Affiliated (EBBA) 6,895 photos, 139 members
- Juanita Bay Park Photography 1,878 photos, 55 members
- Seattle Parks 1,406 photos, 115 members
- DISCOVERY PARK - SEATTLE 472 photos, 93 members
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge 3,297 photos, 185 members
- The Wildlife Conservation Stamp Project 2,538 photos, 43 members
- Birds of Washington State 8,772 photos, 137 members
- Berkeleyside 11,891 photos, 358 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 34,059 photos, 17,097 members
- Issaquah, WA 819 photos, 99 members
- Seattle Photographers 29,410 photos, 849 members
- Audubon magazine 113,743 photos, 1,360 members
- Great Seattle Wheel 183 photos, 36 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 153,390 photos, 4,501 members
- Zuiko Lenses 7,107 photos, 135 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 35,937 photos, 954 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 5,083 photos, 145 members
- Ballard Locks 505 photos, 36 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 351,443 photos, 11,144 members
- Parting Shots 907 photos, 545 members
- Burdr 86,140 photos, 966 members
- Queen Anne Seattle 1,281 photos, 90 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians of the Pacific Northwest 1,645 photos, 203 members
- Mount Rainier 4,045 photos, 740 members
- Seattle 167,124 photos, 8,143 members
- Panasonic Lumix TZ5 21,733 photos, 756 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 112,771 photos, 2,669 members
- Magnolia Seattle 915 photos, 48 members
- Aperture Users 388,250 photos, 11,985 members
- Four Thirds Users 115,360 photos, 2,060 members
- Olympus 93,783 photos, 1,437 members
- Caspian Terns 1,451 photos, 139 members
- Seattlest 65,524 photos, 1,937 members
Ingrid Taylar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ingrid Taylar
- August 2004
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ingrid Taylar Studio