“When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.” ~ John Muir
I love photographing both the wild and the urban, and especially the wild in the urban. I was born of Latvian parents, lived as an ex-pat American kid in Geneva and Amsterdam, then returned to the States as a cultural misfit, which generated some eclectic sensibilities.
I’m drawn to themes of reclamation and unusual juxtaposition -- where wildlife and flora manage to eke out an existence or even thrive in the unlikely confines of the “unnatural.” As such, I’m particularly fond of wildlife success stories in city or industrial grids, where nature has been allowed to move back in, either formally or informally — in patchworks of habitat or in long stretches of greenway.
Wildlife Photography Ethics
The well-being of my wildlife subjects is more important to me than any image, so I look for signs of stress or disturbance in wild animals and move on if I see them. My volunteer work in wildlife rehabilitation fueled my passion for wildlife photography, and my lifelong connection to animals and nature informs my narrative in this way.
I don't bait wild animals or use calls. I'm also careful about nest photos, and avoid photographing anywhere I might compromise the well-being or safety of the animals. I like the North American Nature Photography guidelines as a baseline. (If I'm photographing birds around an existing seed feeder in a public park or garden, I'll note it in the photo caption.)
I generally don't disclose wildlife locations when it comes to sensitive or uncommon species, or with baby birds and nesting areas. I'm also careful about not giving away locations of unusual birds during hunting season, for the animals' safety.
USING MY PHOTOS
** Although some of my images are free for use under a Creative Commons license, *I prefer they not be used to promote any type of violence or harm toward animals. Thank you for being respectful of this request. **
Part of the reason I upload select images to Flickr is to participate in the Creative Commons community, providing images for educational and nonprofit organizations, for the purpose of preservation, conservation and teaching. As such, many of my Flickr images have a Creative Commons license attached. Some photos are fully-protected or licensed exclusively to Getty or elsewhere, and cannot be used. So, please check on an image-by-image basis.
Licensing varies by photo:
ATTRIBUTION: May be used freely with photo credit/attribution.
ATTRIBUTION NON-COMMERCIAL: May be used for editorial or educational purposes, blogs, etc. May not be used for merchandising products or commercial promotions without my permission.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: Some photos under the ARR license have been sold for limited or exclusive use, so I may not be able to grant permission on those images. But, feel free to ask about any particular photo you're interested in.
PHOTO CREDIT: Ingrid Taylar. Where possible on websites, a link back is nice, too -- to the original photo page here at Flickr or to my photo website (www.ingridtaylar.com).
I always appreciate knowing where my images were used, so feel free to drop me an email, letting me know. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. [[:-)
~ Ingrid Taylar
:: Photo website: www.ingridtaylar.com
:: Wildlife Conservation Stamp: www.wildlifeconservationstamp.org
** Support the creation of a new National Wildlife Refuge pass (or stamp) for photographers, birders and wildlife watchers.
:: Blog: The Wild Beat
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 3,448 photos, 760 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 257,767 photos, 5,463 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 545,084 photos, 19,962 members
- iPhone Freaks 275,841 photos, 7,904 members
- iPhone Obsession (,^^) 50,192 photos, 2,029 members
- Mob Paint 11,521 photos, 505 members
- Instagram 144,028 photos, 8,288 members
- Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve 6,242 photos, 305 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,307 photos, 1,006 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,080 photos, 1,805 members
- Wikimedia Commons 10,256 photos, 559 members
- Wikipedia 7,199 photos, 420 members
- Project Weather 490,330 photos, 78,247 members
- Close-ups of Animals 20,413 photos, 1,284 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 33,372 photos, 1,184 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 16,511 photos, 3,365 members
- East Bay Birding Affiliated (EBBA) 6,711 photos, 138 members
- Juanita Bay Park Photography 1,858 photos, 55 members
- Seattle Parks 1,323 photos, 105 members
- DISCOVERY PARK - SEATTLE 465 photos, 92 members
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge 3,116 photos, 185 members
- The Wildlife Conservation Stamp Project 2,386 photos, 40 members
- Birds of Washington State 8,313 photos, 135 members
- Berkeleyside 11,548 photos, 352 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 34,237 photos, 16,682 members
- Issaquah, WA 790 photos, 95 members
- Seattle Photographers 27,416 photos, 798 members
- Audubon magazine 98,649 photos, 1,228 members
- Great Seattle Wheel 180 photos, 35 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 136,492 photos, 4,129 members
- Zuiko Lenses 5,636 photos, 120 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 33,081 photos, 906 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 4,889 photos, 143 members
- Ballard Locks 490 photos, 33 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 315,150 photos, 10,472 members
- Parting Shots 889 photos, 540 members
- Burdr 83,098 photos, 956 members
- Queen Anne Seattle 1,246 photos, 90 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians of the Pacific Northwest 1,709 photos, 186 members
- Mount Rainier 3,914 photos, 725 members
- Seattle 163,994 photos, 8,041 members
- Panasonic Lumix TZ5 21,498 photos, 759 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 109,982 photos, 2,621 members
- Magnolia Seattle 830 photos, 48 members
- Aperture Users 378,108 photos, 11,977 members
- Four Thirds Users 112,784 photos, 2,043 members
- Olympus 88,137 photos, 1,407 members
- Caspian Terns 1,434 photos, 139 members
- Seattlest 65,091 photos, 1,927 members
- Balcony Wildlife & Habitat 95 photos, 12 members
Ingrid Taylar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ingrid Taylar
- August 2004
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ingrid Taylar Studio