I was barely in grade school when I got my first Kodak Instamatic 124. It was a gift from my parents to their expat daughter, as we embarked on a life in Europe upon my father's job transfer. My late dad loved still and film photography, and my happiest memories include helping him edit his 8mm footage, soaked in the aroma of splicing fluid.
At some point in my adult life, I recognized the gap between my photographic gear and my skill level, and became passionately self-taught in photography, devouring every book I could find on the art and craft. For me, it's a boundless, dynamic, and lifelong seminar.
In 2005, after many hours of volunteering with animals and environmental groups, I landed at wildlife hospital in the San Francisco Bay Area. This one choice changed my creative life forever, fusing my love for photography with my ecological interests.
Working with wild animals in a rehabilitation setting forges a connection that's difficult to replicate. It's an intimate view into the lives and struggles of species so often inaccessible and removed from our own. In my photographic work, I do my best to capture the essence of animals in their natural lives, as well depict our complicated and sometimes misguided relationship to them.
Other animals are, indeed, our "fellow prisoners of splendor," as Henry Beston once wrote. They, above all, suffer for our ignorance. I believe that every eye, every heart, every lens turned toward their well-being helps build a model of compassionate co-existence that will someday be our norm, not our anomaly.
That’s why I do what I do — and why I love what I do.
My website: www.ingridtaylar.com
WILDLIFE PHOTOGRAPHY ETHICS
The well-being of my wildlife subjects is more important to me than any image, so I do my best not to disturb.
I don't bait wild animals or use calls. I'm also careful about nest photos, and avoid photographing anywhere I might compromise the safety of the animals.
USING MY PHOTOS
** Although some of my images are free for use under a Creative Commons license, *I prefer they not be used to promote any type of violent event or content. Thank you for being respectful of this request. **
Part of the reason I upload select images to Flickr is to participate in the Creative Commons community, providing images for educational and nonprofit organizations, for the purpose of preservation, conservation and teaching. As such, many of my Flickr images have a Creative Commons license attached. Some photos are fully-protected or licensed exclusively to Getty or elsewhere, and cannot be used. So, please check on an image-by-image basis.
Licensing varies by photo:
ATTRIBUTION: May be used freely with photo credit/attribution.
ATTRIBUTION NON-COMMERCIAL: May be used for editorial or educational purposes, blogs, etc. May not be used for merchandising products or commercial promotions without my permission.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: Some photos under the ARR license have been sold for limited or exclusive use, so I may not be able to grant permission on those images. But, feel free to ask about any particular photo you're interested in.
PHOTO CREDIT: Ingrid Taylar. Where possible on websites, a link back is nice, too -- to the original photo page here at Flickr or to my photo website (www.ingridtaylar.com).
I always appreciate knowing where my images were used, so feel free to drop me an email, letting me know. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. [[:-)
~ Ingrid Taylar
:: Photo website: www.ingridtaylar.com
:: Wildlife Conservation Pass: www.wildlifeconservationpass.org
**I'm co-founder this project, a grassroots effort to create a National Wildlife Refuge pass for photographers, birders and wildlife watchers as a non-hunting alternative to the Federal Duck Stamp.
- Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm Lens 6,354 photos, 383 members
- Olympus M.Zuiko ED 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 6,095 photos, 749 members
- 4/3 Rumors 22,998 photos, 697 members
- Olympus OM-D Series Photography Sample Group 144,069 photos, 3,466 members
- Olympus E-M1 Photography 56,929 photos, 1,285 members
- Bay Area Bird Photographers (BABP) 364 photos, 30 members
- #SFflickrmeetup - San Francisco Flickr Meetups 5,185 photos, 323 members
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 8,930 photos, 797 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 274,399 photos, 5,636 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 622,796 photos, 23,254 members
- iPhone Freaks 308,550 photos, 9,065 members
- iPhone Obsession (,^^) 67,799 photos, 2,932 members
- Mob Paint 15,279 photos, 609 members
- Instagram 147,896 photos, 8,360 members
- Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve 7,484 photos, 341 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,757 photos, 1,059 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,389 photos, 1,841 members
- Wikimedia Commons 12,395 photos, 595 members
- Wikipedia 13,413 photos, 482 members
- Project Weather 645,119 photos, 93,672 members
- Close-ups of Animals 38,106 photos, 1,408 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 47,410 photos, 1,313 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 21,086 photos, 3,980 members
- East Bay Birding Affiliated (EBBA) 7,358 photos, 138 members
- Juanita Bay Park Photography 1,956 photos, 61 members
- Seattle Parks 1,647 photos, 145 members
- DISCOVERY PARK - SEATTLE 464 photos, 93 members
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge 3,810 photos, 200 members
- The Wildlife Conservation Stamp Project 2,944 photos, 57 members
- Birds of Washington State 10,415 photos, 153 members
- Berkeleyside 13,362 photos, 384 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 33,776 photos, 18,066 members
- Issaquah, WA 945 photos, 101 members
- Seattle Photographers 35,711 photos, 985 members
- Audubon magazine 177,311 photos, 1,774 members
- Great Seattle Wheel 191 photos, 37 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 216,192 photos, 5,486 members
- Zuiko Lenses 10,513 photos, 207 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 50,220 photos, 1,170 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 5,611 photos, 149 members
- Ballard Locks 509 photos, 37 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 480,724 photos, 12,864 members
- Parting Shots 1,028 photos, 599 members
- Burdr 96,603 photos, 1,017 members
- Queen Anne Seattle 1,380 photos, 97 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians of the Pacific Northwest 1,935 photos, 264 members
- Mount Rainier 4,371 photos, 774 members
- Seattle 175,355 photos, 8,420 members
- Panasonic Lumix TZ5 22,211 photos, 759 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 121,574 photos, 2,785 members
Ingrid Taylar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ingrid Taylar
- August 2004
- Berkeley, CA
- All Over the West Coast, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ingrid Taylar Foto