“When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty.” ~ John Muir
I love photographing both the wild and the urban, and especially the wild in the urban. I was born of Latvian parents, lived as an ex-pat American kid in Geneva and Amsterdam, then returned to the States as a cultural misfit, which generated some eclectic sensibilities.
I’m drawn to themes of reclamation and unusual juxtaposition -- where wildlife and flora manage to eke out an existence or even thrive in the unlikely confines of the “unnatural.” As such, I’m particularly fond of wildlife success stories in city or industrial grids, where nature has been allowed to move back in, either formally or informally — in patchworks of habitat or in long stretches of greenway.
Wildlife Photography Ethics
The well-being of my wildlife subjects is more important to me than any image, so I look for signs of stress or disturbance in wild animals and move on if I see them. My volunteer work in wildlife rehabilitation fueled my passion for wildlife photography, and my lifelong connection to animals and nature informs my narrative in this way.
I don't bait wild animals or use calls. I'm also careful about nest photos, and avoid photographing anywhere I might compromise the well-being or safety of the animals. I like the North American Nature Photography guidelines as a baseline. (If I'm photographing birds around an existing seed feeder in a public park or garden, I'll note it in the photo caption.)
I generally don't disclose wildlife locations when it comes to sensitive or uncommon species, or with baby birds and nesting areas. I'm also careful about not giving away locations of unusual birds during hunting season, for the animals' safety.
USING MY PHOTOS
** Although some of my images are free for use under a Creative Commons license, *I prefer they not be used to promote any type of violence or harm toward animals. Thank you for being respectful of this request. **
Part of the reason I upload select images to Flickr is to participate in the Creative Commons community, providing images for educational and nonprofit organizations, for the purpose of preservation, conservation and teaching. As such, many of my Flickr images have a Creative Commons license attached. Some photos are fully-protected or licensed exclusively to Getty or elsewhere, and cannot be used. So, please check on an image-by-image basis.
Licensing varies by photo:
ATTRIBUTION: May be used freely with photo credit/attribution.
ATTRIBUTION NON-COMMERCIAL: May be used for editorial or educational purposes, blogs, etc. May not be used for merchandising products or commercial promotions without my permission.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED: Some photos under the ARR license have been sold for limited or exclusive use, so I may not be able to grant permission on those images. But, feel free to ask about any particular photo you're interested in.
PHOTO CREDIT: Ingrid Taylar. Where possible on websites, a link back is nice, too -- to the original photo page here at Flickr or to my photo website (www.ingridtaylar.com).
I always appreciate knowing where my images were used, so feel free to drop me an email, letting me know. Many thanks!
Thank you for stopping by and taking a look. [[:-)
~ Ingrid Taylar
:: Photo website: www.ingridtaylar.com
:: Wildlife Conservation Stamp: www.wildlifeconservationstamp.org
** Support the creation of a new National Wildlife Refuge pass (or stamp) for photographers, birders and wildlife watchers.
:: Blog: The Wild Beat
- #SFflickrmeetup - San Francisco Flickr Meetups 4,876 photos, 317 members
- Post 1 / Fav 3! One per day! 5,398 photos, 777 members
- Life In LoFi: iPhoneography 262,169 photos, 5,547 members
- iPhone Camera Shots 569,850 photos, 21,068 members
- iPhone Freaks 285,348 photos, 8,292 members
- iPhone Obsession (,^^) 55,427 photos, 2,341 members
- Mob Paint 12,941 photos, 557 members
- Instagram 145,343 photos, 8,304 members
- Bolsa Chica Ecological Reserve 6,677 photos, 316 members
- Monterey Peninsula 12,585 photos, 1,021 members
- Monterey Bay Aquarium 10,234 photos, 1,816 members
- Wikimedia Commons 10,939 photos, 564 members
- Wikipedia 8,110 photos, 448 members
- Project Weather 607,079 photos, 87,655 members
- Close-ups of Animals 25,542 photos, 1,380 members
- Small Camera Big Picture 37,580 photos, 1,243 members
- Insect Identification Help Group 17,768 photos, 3,614 members
- East Bay Birding Affiliated (EBBA) 6,950 photos, 137 members
- Juanita Bay Park Photography 1,878 photos, 56 members
- Seattle Parks 1,420 photos, 115 members
- DISCOVERY PARK - SEATTLE 472 photos, 93 members
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge 3,384 photos, 186 members
- The Wildlife Conservation Stamp Project 2,568 photos, 43 members
- Birds of Washington State 8,875 photos, 137 members
- Berkeleyside 12,012 photos, 357 members
- fd's Flickr Toys 33,973 photos, 17,196 members
- Issaquah, WA 843 photos, 99 members
- Seattle Photographers 30,197 photos, 868 members
- Audubon magazine 118,125 photos, 1,394 members
- Great Seattle Wheel 185 photos, 37 members
- Flickr Olympus OM-D E-M1 + E-M5 + E-M10 159,735 photos, 4,623 members
- Zuiko Lenses 7,601 photos, 138 members
- Flickr Bird Brigade 36,847 photos, 974 members
- Pacific Northwest Tugboats 5,137 photos, 145 members
- Ballard Locks 505 photos, 36 members
- Olympus OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 364,886 photos, 11,384 members
- Parting Shots 916 photos, 546 members
- Burdr 87,022 photos, 975 members
- Queen Anne Seattle 1,290 photos, 90 members
- Reptiles & Amphibians of the Pacific Northwest 1,691 photos, 209 members
- Mount Rainier 4,127 photos, 749 members
- Seattle 167,721 photos, 8,172 members
- Panasonic Lumix TZ5 21,780 photos, 757 members
- ExperienceWA (Washington State Tourism Photos) 113,962 photos, 2,685 members
- Magnolia Seattle 928 photos, 48 members
- Aperture Users 391,345 photos, 11,989 members
- Four Thirds Users 116,448 photos, 2,061 members
- Olympus 95,503 photos, 1,454 members
- Caspian Terns 1,452 photos, 139 members
- Seattlest 65,708 photos, 1,939 members
Ingrid Taylar doesn't have any testimonials yet.
- Ingrid Taylar
- August 2004
- San Francisco, CA
- Seattle, WA, USA
- I am:
- Female and Taken
- Ingrid Taylar Studio