great photos are by chances, not by techniques - just my thought (´∀｀)♪
everyone has his/her own story... i'm just trying to capture the things i see and experience. maybe my photos are not beautiful in your eyes, yet they mean so much to me.
also known as Jonathan - an amateur in love with photojournalism.
Canon 5D / Hasselblad 503cx / Klasse S / Leica D-Lux3 / Nikon F3
sometimes i do massage my other old cameras:
Canon F-1 / Contax T3 / Olympus XA4 / Yashica Electro 35 / Panasonic FX-7
polaroid: SX-70 / SX-70 Sonar OneStep toy: Lomo LC-A / Rolleiflex MiniDigi
also please welcome to join any of the following groups that i've created:
Canon F-1 / CONTAX T3 / NATURA Cameras / NATURAxNATURA / Toy Digital / HongKong Live Music / Inflight Meal / Omotesando・表参道 / 28mm Only
Photos of * tathei * (4)
- Naturalight 28,280 photos, 1,488 members
- iPhoneography 444,344 photos, 13,296 members
- Photos taken with an Apple iPhone 826,197 photos, 33,742 members
- 静岡県 Shizuoka Prefecture 3,810 photos, 142 members
- Bangkok 93,472 photos, 4,672 members
- Japan video 日本のビデオ 262 photos, 45 members
- Canon EOS 5D Series Users in Japan 9,046 photos, 340 members
- Polarize & LOFI 33,186 photos, 5,505 members
- I ♥ iPhone 411,024 photos, 11,405 members
- Ricoh GR Digital 232,653 photos, 9,804 members
- Cinematic Romantics 1,493 photos, 268 members
- HongKong Style 港式 26,933 photos, 319 members
- china 512 earthquake 1,321 photos, 181 members
- Street Photos - Hong Kong and China 中國香港街拍同好 59,016 photos, 1,521 members
- ! **Camera and You 4,723 photos, 2,164 members
- NO VIDEO ON FLICKR!!! 62,838 photos, 9,430 members
- We say NO to VIDEOS on FLICKR 853 photos, 22,206 members
- TOKYO-GA ┃ 東 京 画 72,790 photos, 2,375 members
- Flickr Turns 4 2,393 photos, 4,856 members
- Aomori / 青森 5,008 photos, 191 members
- *holding your cameras! 5,335 photos, 678 members
- Engrish + Chinglish 261 photos, 473 members
- Bamboo Bambu 竹 9,221 photos, 3,528 members
- Diana+ & Diana F+ 75,694 photos, 11,412 members
- 萌え 520 photos, 1,192 members
- 798 1,887 photos, 283 members
- Love Hotels, Japan 179 photos, 167 members
- yin yang 1,940 photos, 524 members
- Best of your Canon EF 135mm f2L 39,606 photos, 2,906 members
- Traveller's World 822,939 photos, 11,835 members
- Travel is meaningful . 41,882 photos, 1,720 members
- Help Burma Now! 3,939 photos, 1,300 members
- Video Stills 1,124 photos, 173 members
- Muslim Cultures 108,653 photos, 11,497 members
- Super Shots - Post 1 - Award 2 291,229 photos, 40,582 members
- 恋爱写真 | Love Foto 67,021 photos, 1,909 members
- Hasselblad (or) Mamiya (or) Polaroid 35,435 photos, 1,183 members
- Excellent Photographer Awards ADMIN INVITE only / Post1/ Award3 61,499 photos, 12,153 members
- Rapid Eye Movement 2,220 photos, 268 members
- Xinjiang 6,945 photos, 340 members
- The silk road & Central Asia 10,196 photos, 666 members
- Free China - Free Tibet 5,198 photos, 1,502 members
- Landmarks around the world 21,564 photos, 1,744 members
- International NGOs 6,880 photos, 514 members
- Cambodia Today 30,578 photos, 1,343 members
- 6x6 -COLOR- *120Film ONLY* NO Toycamera, NO X-Processed 164,036 photos, 6,614 members
- Film Portraits 63,066 photos, 2,785 members
- 6x6 magic 377,981 photos, 10,482 members
- Hotels / 旅館飯店 9,546 photos, 892 members
- Beauty's Kitchen ✿ 美女廚房 28,944 photos, 1,523 members
"your pictures really reflect your passion and talent,how to put in scene.
August 19th, 2008
"There are not enough words or time to write about about the amazing photography of tahei's. I enjoy seeing new work every day, and admire it in silence. Wish I could comment on everything."
November 23rd, 2007
No MSG says:
"I feel a bit intimidated writing testimonial about tathei's photography because he is such a great photographer and what do I know about photography to write about it? Anyway, his photos touch my heart and soul in many ways: from just a simple of shot of his favorite pet to marvelous captures of the places he's been, the people he met, the food he ate, the kind of beer he drank ... (he he he ..) Whether recorded on film or digital format, he's managed to capture the moment in its most natural colors and truthful spirit. Is that what a journalist photographer is about?"
October 8th, 2007
"I love * tathei *'s shots. He captures so well the mood, colors and emotions of every day life. His pictures tell stories. I really enjoy the new pictures whenever they come online. I really recommend visiting his photot stream regulary."
August 12th, 2007
terminal orbit says:
"tathei's photos have been with me ever since I've been on FlickR, they were the first I favourited, and he was the first 'photographer' (rather than topics, I mean) that I regularly followed on his photostream.
Nothing has changed, and his pictures have, if anything, only gotten better.
I particularly like his evening and street scenes, which always have wonderful light and a sense of warmth and liveliness very seldomly matched."
May 4th, 2007
* andrew says:
"Interesting, Inspiration and Passion are the words I tag on Jonathan's shots. He loves taking part-of-life photo daily around him, truly city life. It looks simply, surrounding in your or my life, but he makes it - emotional, extraordinary and interesting.
Other, he is also a kind and honest person, willing to share his knowledge and technique with everyone.
100% sure that checking out his updated photos is like a sort of breakfast-like thing for me after power on the computer everyday. if you add him as contact, you'll need this breakfast also."
January 18th, 2007
Marianne Lea says:
"tathei you're compositions are excellent, colors popping and subject never fails to interest. i like the subtlety of your work so much, you continue to be one of my favorite photogs on flickr !*^*!"
November 20th, 2006
"Jonathan/Tathei has such a special eye to sense something extraordinary which does exist behind the ordinary scenes. His way of observing and cropping a daily life always amazes me, it's so thoughtful, hilarious and touching. You can always see a great drama in his photos. Also, he has a great sense of humor and gives us a good laugh always! He is the star of street (usually candid) shots, the star of natural portraits, the star of daily life shots and the star in the crowd :D I'm glad to have met such a nice friend here! Keep on going, 盗撮 King! ;)"
October 6th, 2006
"Tatheiさん's photos are Wonderful! I have Faved many of them and look forward to Faving many more! Why? Because many people call themselves "Lucky" and and take a few great images, but Tatheiさん、though he is modest and says that he is an amateur, is really a Master of capturing everyday life in an extraordinary way... take the time to look at just a few of his images and You will find Yourself spending (perhaps?) too much time trying to look through "just one more" of his points of view. Without writing a book and hopefully without sounding too obsequious, I am glad that I happened upon his photo stream one day and can now call him a Flickr Friend!"
August 11th, 2006
"Well... just a few words passing by the stream one more time.
Your photos are always appealing to me.
Technically excellent, there's a real atmosphere coming out, whether you snapped people or place, whether you use Digital or film.
The colors and tones also add much to it.
I'm just fond of your shots.
You made me discover the Fuji Natura, i hope i could use it in an interesting way as you do.
Thanks for your infos & advices before my short trip to Tokyo.
If i had more time in the city i would have like to meet you there. I'm sure i would have learned a lot.
Thank you and keep on shooting !"
August 1st, 2006
felipe ascencio says:
"His her photographies are incredible beautiful, it He shows us as the daily life looked from his her lens meets artistic, beautiful and simple.
Sus fotografias son increiblemente hermosas, nos muetra como la voda diaria mirada desde su lente se ve artistica, bella y simple."
July 26th, 2006
"tathei's photos are always so interesting and of high quality. I really love his style of natural lighting and story-telling shots. He always caught the right moment for a photo, I wonder if he always carries his camera gear with him everyday!"
April 19th, 2006
"*tathei* is my favorite photographer on flickr (see my faves, u'll get it "D)! just by looking at his pictures, u can feel the stories behind
hey hey tai hei! uno i'm not capable to give you any professional comment, but i do appreciate your every photos "P"
April 3rd, 2006
"Since the 1st day I knew tathei, I already know that he has been crazily in love with his cameras. And as time goes by, he keep spending money on buying new camera.... no no, actually he's just keep on UPGRADING his photo-taking devices, so that he can take more beautiful photo! (right? =P)
Actually I just don't know how to say or comment on his photos cos I'm not a professional photographer, but I like his photos and the way he takes the photos. Sometimes the captions and titles are just excellent and funny! His photos are not just simply a photo, he always try to deliver some messages behind or try to express his own feelings thru his photos.
tathei-chan, visiting your flickr is one of the thing that I must do everyday, so next time when you tell me again how many page views you've reached, don't forget to treat me a dinner! I deserve it! haha!
Anyway, ganbatte! We're all expecting for your beautiful photos everyday! =)"
April 2nd, 2006
- December 2004
- hong kong + san francisco