I'm an Englishman married to a Frenchwoman and have four American daughters. I'm a writer but I've always longed to be a photographer. Looking at some of the talent on Flickr, it's just as well I kept my day job.....
I also maintain a photoblog devoted to the women in my life:
Wit over Ignorance
Thanks for visiting. May we all live in picturesque times....
- Global Photojournalism; Protest, Culture, and News 612,094 photos, 42,484 members
- Street Photography 753,578 photos, 29,978 members
- Instagram 148,981 photos, 8,356 members
- My workspace 46 photos, 74 members
- Typography and Lettering 179,065 photos, 29,092 members
- bokeh 207,319 photos, 61,758 members
- People with wetsuits that look like seals from the bottom 1,184 photos, 90 members
- Hipstamatic 325,123 photos, 16,711 members
- HCSP (Hardcore Street Photography) 3,090 photos, 76,606 members
- Abandoned 1,057,386 photos, 74,126 members
- League of the Empty Chair (interestingly Out Of Place) 16,706 photos, 17,681 members
- SOS Haiti 1,575 photos, 373 members
- The BIG Snow 915 photos, 87 members
- Brushes Gallery – iPhone/iPad Art 54,025 photos, 4,395 members
- Maryland, USA 74,482 photos, 1,804 members
- From the Airplane Window 26,642 photos, 3,837 members
- Swine Influenza (Flu) Porcina México H1N1 572 photos, 246 members
- FlickrCentral 9,429,030 photos, 261,269 members
- New York Street Art 40,833 photos, 871 members
- Textures for Layers 15,270 photos, 16,325 members
- FOR THE LOVE OF HORSES... 77,906 photos, 17,242 members
- Mountains Anywhere 484,333 photos, 32,342 members
- Bokeh: Smooth & Silky 1,367,138 photos, 72,875 members
- WNYC's Street Shots | Your NYC Photography 61,784 photos, 2,007 members
- 01 - Ain - France 5,173 photos, 206 members
- Cuba - todo a lo Cubano 88,171 photos, 4,394 members
- South Florida 32,224 photos, 855 members
- Scrawls on Walls 3,794 photos, 677 members
- The Illadelph 5,068 photos, 173 members
- Kara Pool 67 photos, 19 members
- U.S. National Parks and Places 168,297 photos, 8,712 members
- U.S. National Parks 195,758 photos, 17,301 members
- Wedding Photography 255,099 photos, 51,825 members
- STREETART 667,301 photos, 29,494 members
- Italy in Black & White 20,263 photos, 3,936 members
- Italian lifestyle 2.0 12,039 photos, 3,598 members
- Italy, Best of / L'immagine dell'Italia 295,392 photos, 14,087 members
- ITALIA MEDIEVALE 27,458 photos, 3,107 members
- Venice 130,721 photos, 11,332 members
- NJ - NEW JERSEY 99,220 photos, 3,175 members
- Zen and the art of motorcycle mirrors 56 photos, 39 members
- Lyon, Fête des Lumières 8,743 photos, 719 members
- rumble in the flickajungle 1,460 photos, 66 members
- Oyonnax 273 photos, 35 members
- Anybody Want To Have A NJ Photo Outing? 18,295 photos, 650 members
- New York life 219,875 photos, 8,965 members
- The Portrait Group 2,921,232 photos, 160,342 members
- Canon L Lenses 469,369 photos, 7,068 members
- Butterflies 168,633 photos, 14,081 members
- Field Guide: Butterflies & Moths of North America 12,689 photos, 1,154 members
"Although Mr T is an evil fourth estater, he's also one of the sharpest buggers on Flickr, and rarely fails to raise a laugh (or at least a smirk) from me whenever he puts mouse to monitor.
He can also take photos, which is a handy talent to have on a photo-sharing site. Often very good photos, which document his globetrotting lifestyle, beautiful family and exciting job.
No, I'm not jealous, no way ;)"
February 3rd, 2009
"he's Big T
he calls me Swee
deal with it"
March 8th, 2008
"He is my most favourite Flickr Mister, his words and pictures make me happy and I love him to bits.
and he owes me £20 for that."
February 27th, 2008
"He is a man of letters, albeit random letters."
February 18th, 2008
LaVona S says:
"Tampen is terrific !!!!!!!!!!!! What more can I say? " )"
December 29th, 2007
Tex Flix says:
"What can I say about Tony that hasn't been already said? From a personal perspective, I simply love how he sees and captures the world that surrounds him. The images that he produces from his remarkable family to his travels abroad are something to behold. Like many of us he constantly pushes himself to improve his vision and technique. The difference is he succeeds when many of us fail."
May 26th, 2007
"He's the only man in the land permitted to call me Bertie.
And his photos rock the block."
January 8th, 2007
"Out of all the skillful contacts that keep me coming back, Tampen's photostream is the only one I look at every single time a new photo appears. Keep up the good work!"
December 28th, 2006
Tool Face says:
"It sickens me to admit that he's a bloody great photographer and a damn good laugh. However, I revel in spreading rumours that he's the most evil man alive.
Does revel have two Ls? Hmm, should I have used inverted commas there as well. Fuck me, this testicolonial has opened up a right can of grammatical worms for me."
October 16th, 2006
"He's a right cheeky bastard!"
August 3rd, 2006
"Tampen is a gentleman photographer. His photos reveal the beauty of his world that is full of incredible riches -- travel, a family of lovely ladies and the luxury of calling several locales "home". His images show his natural curiosity as a reporter. But he is also very talented in revealing humanity through his photos. I greatly admire this man and i'm delighted every time he notices one of my photos and graces it with one of his clever comments."
July 16th, 2006
"He does not know me, but I have followed his work on flickr for quite some time. I think Tampen possesses a beautiful soul ~ and that beautiful soul is most evident in his photographs of his wife and children. This is a man who knows what is important in life…
Add to that his unique view on the world that only a journalist can offer, as well as a quirky and unassuming sense of humour ~ they all come through in his images. Viewing his photostream is, indeed, a treat for the eyes ~ and the spirit. When photographs can evoke that kind of emotion, the photographer can rest assured that he is a master of the craft."
May 17th, 2006
"A gentleman among gentlemen, Tampen is a phenomenal photographer because he has to be to decently document the life he has crafted. A purveyor of smart and beautiful images, I anticipate every new upload. Lucky for me he is prodigious. He’s also not too shabby with the words..."
March 10th, 2006
"Tampen's work is exquisite, magical, artful, heartful, brooooaaaaaddd, fun, interesting no matter where you pick him up! Once you're hooked, start digging through his sets and you'll find secret treasures that are barely tagged and aren't in any pools. He makes fabulous small sets, fun fave mosaics and I suspect he's a pretty swell guy too!"
November 30th, 2005
Blaise K says:
"i keep coming back to tampen's photos over and over again. this, despite the fact that i always think his screenname is "tampon".
there's such sensitivity in his images, and a stunning range. he seems to understand his subjects inherently, whether he's shooting a portrait or a seemingly oddly placed building.
i relate to his striking portraits of his growing daughters, not because i'm a dad (that should be obvious), but because i was a teenage girl once and i know he's really in for it.
tampen also had the good sense to say once that i'm one of his favorite photographers. i respect his opinion immensely.
thanks for your support, sincerely."
October 13th, 2005
Archie Pix says:
"In his spare time Tampen leads the Autobots in the eternal battle against the evil Decepticons.
Shit, wait, that's Optimus Prime. I always get those two mixed up."
October 10th, 2005
First Contact says:
"I'd once searched Kevin Steele's stream for the holy graile and didn't find it.
This stream turned up empty too 8~(
...but I did find cornucopia here!
And that's better than having nothing.
A blessed man he is indeed.
This testymonial for Tampen comes from my whole heart."
September 6th, 2005
"What can I say about Tampers? He is a fine upstanding member of the Flickr community, however, this belies his real life where he stalks a gorgeous woman and her children, claiming them as his own. Admittedly from the recesses of his brown raincoat the shutter fires accidentally to yield superb results (of the family not him).
Despite residing in the US and France (some of the time) Tampen is a true Brit, he talks with authority on all matters British from monkey enclosure urination to Old Peculiar and never betrays his genetics when it comes to complaining about judges and referees.
Have a look at what's posted, it beats watching Coronation St. re-runs."
July 26th, 2005
"Tony's photostream is one of the finest treasures I have had the fortune to come across in the Flickrveld. You can easily use words like stunning and captivating to describe his work - but - slowly even those words will begin to pale.
Tony has an amazing breadth. A majestic landscape of the African outback will effortlessly shift into the compelling dignity of a Kashmiri gentleman at Amritsar. Complex contrasts of color and texture and reflections of commericialism and media morph without a hint of irony to young children at play in their family courtyard with the barely perceptible outline the Taj Mahal watching over them. You'll adore his beautiful family and nod approvingly at his warm self portraits.
Pouring through his stream, I was vicariously transported to the perspective of a dignified and compassionate observer on the world. Such a fantastic voyage..."
March 3rd, 2005
- Tony Allen-Mills
- February 2005
- Near Nantua, France
- Kensington, Maryland and South-eastern France
- I am:
- Male and Taken