Hello and thanks for looking at my pictures! I hope that you are pleased by them.
Nowadays photography is my main hobby (but I don't only do that) and thanks to my motivation and help from my other photographic friends or from websites, I try to learn and improving my skills while having fun!
I mainly like to take pictures of animals (mostly big cats, but anything that looks nice) but also landscapes and elements of the nature. I enjoy taking macro shots of objects, plants/flowers and small animals as well. I sometimes but more rarely take pictures of architecture or of people.
· I've possessed a Sony Cybershot DSC-F717, which died in Summer 2007. I've taken most of the older pictures you can see here with it.
· In February 2008, I got a Nikon D300, and I'm very happy with it, in my eyes it is a very good camera.
· In February 2011, I bought a Nikon D700 which was then my main camera and is really great.
· In June 2012, I got a Nikon D4, just in time for my travel in the Pantanal and of course I'm more than happy!
· In August 2012, I bought a Nikon D800 which replaced my D700. It is nice for animal portraits (with enough light) and landscapes!
I think that now I have the best tools to photograph!
· Nikon D4
· Nikon D800
· Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G IF-ED
· Nikkor AF-S 24-70mm f/2.8G IF-ED
· Nikkor AF-S VR II 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED
· Nikkor AF-S VR 200-400mm f/4G IF-ED
· Nikkor AF-S VR 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED Micro
· Nikkor AF-S 50mm f/1.4G
· Nikon TC-14E II, 1.4x AF teleconverter
· Nikon TC-17E II, 1.7x AF teleconverter
· Nikon TC-20E II, 2x AF teleconverter
· Nikon Speedlight SB-910 flash
· Sigma EM-140 DG macro flash
· Manfrotto tripod (190CLB+141RC)
· Manfrotto monopod
· Lowepro Vertex 200 AW backpack
· EIZO ColorEdge CG275W monitor
· Epson Stylus Photo R3000
Previously owned items:
· Nikon D300 with MB-D10 using 8 AA batteries
· Nikon D700 with MB-D10 using 8 AA batteries
· Nikkor AF-S VR 70-200mm f/2.8G IF-ED
· Nikkor AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED
· Nikkor AF-S 60mm f/2.8G IF-ED Micro
· Sigma 28-70mm f/2.8 DG
· Nikon TC-20E II, 2x AF teleconverter
· Metz Mecablitz 58 AF-1 flash
· Photoshop CS6
· Lightroom 5.3
· Photomatix Pro 4.1.4
· NeatImage 7.1.0
(and a few other ones)
My workflow isn't that complicated. I watch the taken pictures with Bridge CS6, delete the bad ones and mark the candidates to be further processed. I open some of the candidates one by one in Adobe Camera Raw and adjust the values until I'm happy with the look of the picture. I open the picture in Photoshop and process it further. I mostly need only a few minutes but sometimes (not often) much more. I generally improve the picture, adjust and correct it locally and apply some filters. I export a copy in JPG in the best quality.
Please note that most of my pictures are under the Creative Commons license. You are free to use them in any commercial or non-commercial application, but please send me a message if you used or plan on using any of my pictures, especially for commercial purposes. I would like to also obtain a remuneration if your application makes benefices, because I find unfair to freely use high quality works to make profits.
Please be aware that a certain number of my pictures are licensed with Getty Images. You may not use them unless you purchase them from Getty Images.
Thanks in advance.
Artists are welcome to use my pictures as reference for their art. However, I've written a set of rules and conditions. If you are artist and want to use my pictures as reference, please read the rules and if you agree with them, please write me a message.
You can invite my pictures to groups, but if they aren't invited with an admin invite, I might not add them because I'm already member of many groups and don't invest much time in adding my pictures to groups.
The questions asked in comments on my pictures mostly will stay unanswered. If you need to ask me something, please send me a FlickrMail.
You can also join me by e-mail : tamby[at]tambako[dot]ch. I fluently speak French, English and German.
I'm the creator and admin of these groups :
- Fursuit 924 photos, 108 members
- Felinicity & guests - Admin Invited photos only 1,953 photos, 119 members
- Yahoo News: Your Photos 8,962 photos, 1,550 members
- COLLECTION par Impatience_1 ** La FAUNE ** Adm.Inv. 10,110 photos, 462 members
- Eurofurence 2,361 photos, 10 members
- ***A Place For Great Photographers*** Level 1 Please Award 3 228,657 photos, 9,569 members
- Project Weather 158,941 photos, 38,592 members
- CATS MASTERPIECES COLLECTIONS - WINNERS ANNOUNCED! 23,477 photos, 2,257 members
- Kris Kros Contacts 134,829 photos, 4,104 members
- The New**Perfection In Pictures** ( CLOSED) 13,771 photos, 1,495 members
- Your Best Shot 2012 6,078 photos, 6,939 members
- L. 03 Remember That Moment ☆ Gold (P1~A5) 42,653 photos, 3,783 members
- L. 02 Remember That Moment ☆ Silver (P1~A5) 66,457 photos, 4,661 members
- L. 01 Remember That Moment ☆ Bronze (P1~A5) 122,850 photos, 5,836 members
- Top 25 Nature's Beauty 26 photos, 762 members
- =^..^= Sweet Kittens and Cats ***P1/Cmt2*** 19,774 photos, 1,742 members
- flickr (unofficial) 1,914,370 photos, 81,893 members
- Level 1. The Wonders of Nature / Post 1 Award 4. 28,974 photos, 2,094 members
- Give your photo to a child of Ukraine 4,006 photos, 101 members
- Toni's Zoo 18 photos, 2 members
- Animals & Plants (1 post + 3 awards) 8,313 photos, 662 members
- Birds of planet earth 7,216 photos, 882 members
- Animal Nation on Yahoo! 380 photos, 61 members
- SONIAGALLERY◕‿◕CHALLENGE-SFIDE 2,647 photos, 3,203 members
- Snow Leopard Trust - Supporter Photos 3,488 photos, 665 members
- Snow Leopard Trust - Artist Photos 398 photos, 8 members
- Cats and Dogs our Friends ▲P1 / Cmt1▲ 10,978 photos, 930 members
- Our Animal Photography - High Quality Animal Photography 15,848 photos, 1,591 members
- Polar Bears International 5,735 photos, 730 members
- Mandrillus (Genus of the Mandrill and Drill) 350 photos, 157 members
- World of Wildlife 18,826 photos, 429 members
- Wildpark Langenberg 164 photos, 18 members
- Natur- und Tierpark Goldau 142 photos, 24 members
- Holy Cuteness (invite your contacts) 22,646 photos, 2,151 members
- Super~Six ☆ Stage #3 ☆ Gold. Post 1, Award 5. Invite Only 190,605 photos, 12,704 members
- Animals all around the world (Post 1, Award 1) 7,882 photos, 1,113 members
- Sarah's Ruby Awards-Post 1 Award 3 6,560 photos, 711 members
- MICROMACROLANDIA °°°P 1 CMT 2°°° 4,447 photos, 514 members
- Lac de Neuchâtel 992 photos, 67 members
- Hyenas 987 photos, 240 members
- FroKnowsPhoto.com 280,432 photos, 19,949 members
- INSECTOS Y FLORES MACRO / MACRO INSECTS AND FLOWERS P1/C2 5,670 photos, 422 members
- ►the best shots◄ Hall of Fame 3,323 photos, 1,047 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 5 (P1 - A5) 5,387 photos, 1,518 members
- ! Amazing Nature ! P/1A/4 AWARD GROUP 64,600 photos, 4,282 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 4 (P1 - A5) 7,766 photos, 2,043 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 3 (P1 - A5) 11,781 photos, 2,701 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 2 (P1 - A5) 24,789 photos, 4,286 members
- ►the best shots◄ Level 1 (Post 1 - Award 5) 152,815 photos, 9,171 members
- Interesting animal mouths 2,877 photos, 295 members
Sarah Lucas Photography says:
"Tambako the Jaguar
Oh what can I say...
You take awesome photos.
I love your photostream
You have talent :)"
25th October, 2010
raphic :) says:
"oOo, my friend:) Your passion in photography truly is my inspiration:) And your love for animals, especially big cats:) :) :)
Dear reader you'll find on this photostream a Tamby's huge diary. He loves portraying and really do it with passion - it seems that his life goes on between the beautiful animals - and when you will spend some time on it - you could know every animal nearly personally:)
But - what you can probably don't know - in addition to his talent with photography - he is also a talented painter and composer :)
...and - what is the most important - he is really one of the most friendly person I have ever met on Flickr:)"
30th June, 2010
nomad for life says:
"My dear friend Tamby, what else can I add to this that has not been already said from all your friends in their testimonials. You are a great friend to have and you are always there and ready to help others.
I have to admit that you inspired me with your faboulous photos and your stream is to kill for. I always look forward to seeing more of your work.........especially the animal ones. Thank you my friend for everything."
18th March, 2010
"Tambako is an amazing and very generous photographer and a good friend. By looking at his stunning pictures, which are on going inspirations for my art, I have been inspired to try photography. The help that I have gotten from Tambako has allowed my photographs to improve. Thanks!:)"
17th March, 2010
Kier Goodwin Photography says:
well this amazing photographer has introduced me to photography and has helped more than anyone..
I am an ammeter photographer that has been taking pictures for a few weeks. then tamby came along giving me all these inspiring ideas and showing me how things work and what they are meant to do.
He gives a lot of time to me which i know is hard cause he is a very busy bee.
So thanks Tamby :)"
2nd March, 2010
Tony Emmett says:
"Well I suppose I can only repeat what eveyone else has already said, but it's from the heart so still counts, right?
Tamby is a truly great photographer, who regularly produces the finest quality work. His wildlife photography is stunning & probably is what he's best known for, but if you haven't taken the time to look through his photostream, you've missed a treat. His landscapes, for example, show that he is an all-rounder with a great eye for composition.
I honestly don't know how he manages the time to keep in touch with all his flickr contacts, but I'm very glad he does.
I find his visits & opinions inspiring. Following his work helps me learn how I can improve my own photography - a long road indeed ! With friends like Tamby helping me, I hope to get there one day ;-)"
31st December, 2009
"Tambako (Tamby) has been around on flickr for a while now. He continues to produce brilliant and interesting images time and time again.
You can sense his passion for animals through his awesome collection of fotos, particularly those inspirational shots he takes of big cats.
Always a pleasure to see new uploads from him and look forward to many more in the future."
11th November, 2009
Hani London says:
"Tamby is a very talented photographer. He has a wide range of pictures ranging from beautiful panoramic ones to amazing wildlife portraits. His pictures tell a story and I'm always on the watch for new ones he posts. Tamby is very pleasant and very helpful."
9th November, 2009
"Everyday I love to see what new pictures Tamby has on his photostream and every time I look I am truley amazed !
I especially love his big cat pictures they are just fantastic ! He is the #1 photographer for wildlife in my opinion =)
Not only is he an amazing photographer but he is a great contact to have,he always checks out my photostream and leaves comments which is great coming from someone with so much talent !!!
Tamby to sum things up your awesome !!! lol"
17th October, 2009
"Tambako's photostream Iis one I really enjoy looking at when it comes to animals.
He has the small animals that can be found everywhere , but his photos of the big cats are just awesome!!!!!.
Keep up the good work and keep posting those great shots!!!!!!
10th September, 2009
"Tamby has a magnificent photostream! When you have the time it is a must to look through his photos!
Not only does his love and respect of animals show, especially those lovable big cats, but he has an extraordinary artistic side!
It is great to venture to another page as you don't know what beauty is going to be presented!
I look forward to seeing his new posts as well as randomly selecting older photos to enjoy!
Thank you for sharing your talent with us!"
5th April, 2009
Véro PassionPhoto=') says:
"Manu, your photos are all excellent thanks to you to make them to us share!
You are as me a natural passionate person it sees itself in your photos; you know how to seize the good moments to make your photos!
Thank you also for your friendship, you are very kind and very nice!"
1st March, 2009
"Fabuleux regard sur la nature, et particulèrement sur les fauves.
Beaucoup d'attention, de soin sur ses photos.
J'aime passer sur la galerie de Tambako, c'est un talent remarquable.
J'aime les félins de tout poil, et je me régale sur ses albums.
Il sait surprendre les meilleurs regards, les instants tendres ou délicats, les attitudes félines. Une source d'éducation pour les scolaires je trouve aussi. Grand bravo à ce jeune homme plein de talent!"
27th February, 2009
"Tambako is one of my favourite photographers on Flickr for many reasons, one being you never know what to expect. He is so versatile and there is a certain joy and spirit in his work. His animal shots seem to leap off the screen, you feel like you could touch them.
Whatever the subject, Tambako is one of those rare photographers who has the ability to really capture the moment. His photostream is full of gems which not only inspire but tell you a lot about the man himself.
My friend, keep up the great work, you are a true photographer :)"
9th February, 2009
"It's for me a pleasure to have Tambako as contact and as
friend. From the first moment I loved his pictures about
animals in general and the big cats in particular. Always
able to capture the best of each animal, and each shot is a
But the way he sees life in the animal kingdom isn't the
only highlight. He's really good too when photographing
landscapes, towns and various forms of architecture.
I hope I can continue to enjoy his work for a long time."
31st January, 2009
"Tambako the Jaguar is a very talented photographer with a knack of being able to capture the spirit of his subject, whatever that subject may be. I always look forward to seeing his new photos. My favorite of his images, the big cats, seem to almost come alive. He creates stunning HDR images that enhance the beauty of nature and architecture. Thank you for sharing with us!"
29th January, 2009
"Tambako the Jaguar is truly an artist with a camera. Where other lack vision he paints with light. Even with varied subject matters, his skill as photographer is evident. His photos are not only inspirational, they are mesmerizing. I am very fortunate to be on this contact list."
21st January, 2009
"Tamby ,is a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed photographer. He has a fresh inventive approach to life and nature. The photos are explosive and dynamic. Thx for being you and sharing them with us!"
20th January, 2009
Olivier DELAERE says:
"Grâce à Flickr ainsi qu'à un intérêt commun pour la photographie animalière, j'ai pu faire la connaissance de Tambako et j'ai rapidement remarqué la qualité de ses clichés, en particulier sa superbe collection d'Onces des Neiges. Mais son talent photographique ne s'arrête pas là. Une mention spéciale à ses clichés HDR, qui traduisent magnifiquement sa maîtrise artistique et technique. Une réelle source d'inspiration pour tout amateur de photographie, à commencer par moi..."
7th January, 2009
"Tambako is a very versatile photographer who is equally at home with
landscape, portrait or wildlife. His pictures really take my breath away.
I eagerly look forword to his updates. Every picture of his has something new and learners like me can learn a lot. I would like to wish him all the best"
5th January, 2009
Light ᶤˢ ᵒᶠᶠ says:
"Tambako is a great photographer, fabulous and brilliant. He can bring out so vividly and beautifully colours in his pictures, just magic.
His animal portraits are brilliant, first of all he is a great embassador of Swizzerland with his photostream.
I think he has a special eye for details and colours and I'm proud to view his works and to have him as friend in Flickr!"
3rd January, 2009
"Tambako and I have "met" through the big cat photography and his supportivness for all of us who share his passion for these wonderful animals . However, just one look at his photostream will show you that his talent goes far beyond these beautiful animals and he seems to be able to turn his hand to most types of photography with brilliant results."
3rd January, 2009
Steve Tracy Photography says:
"I believe it is in the area of the "Big Cats" where Tambako really shines. Although most of his other work is also brilliant, it is his cat work to which I'm most drawn, having a personal weakness for these beautiful animals myself. It takes a true affinity with animals to capture shots of them that don't appear staged, or just plain similar to thousands of others submitted, and Tambako obviously has that necessary connection. I hope to see more of his animal work in the future, especially the Leopards . Simply beautiful!"
2nd January, 2009
"Tambako is an "up and comimg photographer," always "pushing the envelope" to produce inovative photographs. Everyone should check out Tambako's Flickr site -- they will not only view some exciting images, but they will also get some new ideas for their own photography."
2nd January, 2009
"Tambako has a wonderful photostream and is a truly talented photographer. I always look forward to his posts because they are always wonderful. He is a great Flickr contact who always leaves encouraging comments! Thanks for being a wonderful Flickr friend!"
2nd January, 2009
luz rovira says:
"I would like to write a testimonial about Tambako, but I'm stumbling on a serious problem : how to write ONE testimonial? One is not enough to describe the variety, the richness, the worth (as artist, photographer and human) of this person I already appreciated as photographer much before I started to exchange with him mails and anecdotes of our everyday's lives or our experiences as photographers! I appreciate likewise his photographs (with such a stunning richness and variety), the messages he sends me and his comments (especially when they are in French-lol !-).
I only can state that his work about felines and other wild animals brings much to the knowledge of this fauna which is exposed to so serious dangers or pure extinction when one doesn't undertake anything to avoid it.
However, I don't neglect his non-animal pictures, where he shows a special creativity and observation talent, locating details that would stay unnoticeable to most of us (excellent sense of observation), and his beautiful landscapes, rich in colors and in know-how!"
30th September, 2008
"He is one of the coolest guys I know! If you need help with something he is right there! When I first saw his photography It blew me out of the water. It is just amazing!!!! He also has an eye for things that every day people would never see. He is just an all around good guy and one of my best friends!!!! THX man your the best!!!!! :)"
23rd September, 2008
"One sees the love of a photographer to his motives through his photographs. Tambako is such a photographer who accredited my thesis. He has the intuition to push the shutter of his camera at the right moment and brings these special moments in an incomparable manner to the viewers."
12th September, 2008
NoamC - www.noamchen.com says:
"Tamby is the combination of a great photographer and a wonderful person. His frequent visits to Zoos always provide some very interesting and beautiful images and his other shots of landscapes (and HDR works, some of my favs of his) are always a treat to the eye as well. On top of all, he is a very kind and friendly person, with whom I always enjoy to exchange Flickrmails!"
28th July, 2008
Big Cat Lover says:
"Tamby is a true Flickr friend of mine. He is always generous and kind and always put an incredible amount of effort to explain things to me when I ask him silly questions! But, above all that, he has a truly stunning talent for both wildlife and landscape photography. I always look forward to seeing his new pictures and their quality always stands out. A great photographer and a really great guy."
26th July, 2008
Little Lioness says:
"Anyone who's attempted to photograph wildlife (big cats, especially), will tell you that it's a tough feat to accomplish. But to Tambako, it seems as though it's simply second-nature: His fantastic eye for detail and color really shows through in a bright and artistic way, and I'm proud to call this amazing photographer a friend. Everything he does seems to glow with talent. Truly, an amazing photographer!"
24th July, 2008
Connie Lemperle says:
"Tamby is such a talented photographer here on Flickr and a person who I consider to be one of my best friends. He has such a creative eye and captures so many different subjects that I always enjoy viewing his photos. His captures of the big cats happen to always be a favorite of mine. Tamby does them so well. Everyone should check out his big cat sets. Amazing! I truly hope that he and I can be friends here on Flickr for a long time so we can continue to share our love of photography."
1st July, 2008
- Tambako The Jaguar
- May 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken