Contact - email@example.com
I'll start off by saying all of my photos are straight out of the camera. No photoshopping aside from an occasional rotation or crop.
I am amazed by what can be done with long exposure and light sources. The techniques are endless. Considering painting with light is the art of making space and time your canvas and using light as your medium, a lot of potential lies in this basic definition.
Flickr has been an excellent source for me to share and get ideas regarding photography in general but of course my main focus is light painting. The group that continues to inspire me the most are the Light Junkies. The best source online for all things LP.
I look forward to seeing where I can take this and seeing what other great light painters come up with throughout time as the art form progresses.
- Project Weather 634,880 photos, 90,769 members
- LED Lenser Ambassadors 228 photos, 37 members
- Show me who you are.... 1,478 photos, 93 members
- Promote Control Remote 1,603 photos, 181 members
- Artificial Satellites 691 photos, 116 members
- Light Painting World Alliance 4,407 photos, 207 members
- 2014 Light Painting Olympics 41 photos, 164 members
- Nishika N8000 927 photos, 334 members
- Lens Swaps 429 photos, 23 members
- /r/analog 12,046 photos, 929 members
- Night Workshop Series - WeTeachPhotography.com 185 photos, 13 members
- WTF??? 1,349 photos, 131 members
- light painting on film 65 photos, 18 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 24,896 photos, 1,389 members
- Waterfalls Of The Finger Lakes Of New York State 2,801 photos, 205 members
- Waterfalls of New York State 13,674 photos, 780 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 409,251 photos, 12,243 members
- Rusted Vehicles 13,112 photos, 465 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 487,214 photos, 15,909 members
- Old And Beautiful (buildings ,barns, shacks, and abandoned homes 161,984 photos, 10,754 members
- The Nature Conservancy 877,267 photos, 39,824 members
- Light Painting Community 9,396 photos, 737 members
- The Light Painter 455 photos, 42 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 84,534 photos, 11,975 members
- Waterfalls 155,143 photos, 19,211 members
- Waterfalls of the Carolinas 7,563 photos, 1,056 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 51,984 photos, 6,867 members
- Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical IF MC / Fish-eye fan 27,679 photos, 2,897 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 28,787 photos, 3,760 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,774,348 photos, 99,427 members
- Timescapes: DSLR Timelapse 1,955 photos, 673 members
- StarTracks 1,173 photos, 275 members
- Refractography ...... no-lens 682 photos, 226 members
- ♔Group wi†h Ҽxperience♔ 2,960,736 photos, 367,164 members
- OPTICAL NIRVANA 722 photos, 139 members
- 366 in 2012 (Not your Average 365 Group) 23,124 photos, 275 members
- Light Graff 807 photos, 145 members
- School of Digital Photography 746,590 photos, 18,055 members
- reddit 12,757 photos, 1,134 members
- Human in Geometry 62,121 photos, 4,895 members
- Light Painting Accidents 188 photos, 79 members
- Roanoke Snaps 778 photos, 21 members
- Digital Light Wand 607 photos, 69 members
- Welding mask glass filter 2,997 photos, 1,488 members
- Fabulous Fractalius 14,446 photos, 1,491 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,135 photos, 14,122 members
- Light Junkies 106,427 photos, 17,378 members
- Astrofotografia / Astrophotography 3,443 photos, 221 members
- New River Valley 2,791 photos, 183 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 407,033 photos, 12,187 members
"I haven't been back into light painting for long but I wanted to leave something to show my appreciation for tackyshack. His photos have always been an inspiration to me and I love coming to his stream seeing all the new crazy stuff he thinks of and then paints. Tacky probably influenced me more than anyone to come back to the light painting scene and I'm really happy to be back. Thanks man!"
March 6th, 2013
"Jeremy, your passion, seemingly endless energy, and dedication to light painting is second to none. You are such an inspiration, and your energy infects all who see your work.
You dare to go where no one has been before, and light the way forward into new areas of Light Painting.
You’ve set the trend with your camera toss and Tacky mask photography, and I cant wait to see what you do next - it’s a great ride watching your work as it evolves.
Thanks for all of your support and encouragement :o)"
September 22nd, 2010
"Jeremy has done some very inspirational work using techniques I can't even get my head around using. The atmosphere he creates in his images are very surreal and psychedelic. Even looking back at his first work his ideas were larger than life and working on such a big scale and putting so much effort in to one picture pays of well in the results. I've been amazed so much already and can expect a "Bright" future for Tackyshack. Congratulations on all the great work and keep it up.
May 22nd, 2010
"tackyshack is where its at -------a true lightpainter with heaps of dedication and imagination ----he was one of the first LP'ers that i seen and was in shock when i seen his images ----his mask series has a stamp in the LP community -- - im always looking forward to seeing what tacky pulls off next ----"
May 4th, 2010
"Tacky Tacky Tacky...
You light up the night with some wicked ideas.
Never scared to try somethings new, crazy, off the wall, or... well Tacky.
Inspiration goes both ways.
Will cross paths before long and light one up ;)"
January 2nd, 2010
Hannu Huhtamo says:
"Tackyshack has found his own style. It's always a pleasure to watch his experimental and innovative pictures. Tacky's enthusiasm and passion are enviable. Those are the qualities of a true artist.
For example, his light mask series is really awesome and unique.
His freedom from prejudice often inspires me to try something new.
Keep up the magnificent light work fella!"
December 25th, 2009
"Jeremy has a rare passion for his art and is always pushing the envelope on what can be achieved with a light source(s) and a camera in bulb mode. He has inspired the light-painting community with his famous shack, which in my opinion has transcended tacky, entering the realm of legend. And his masks are nothing short of genius. Keep on being tacky, LegendaryShack!"
December 24th, 2009
"This is long overdue but I am glad that I got to know a little more about Jeremy before sitting down to write this testimonial. Jeremy is a true artist! I think that many in the light painting community on flicker would agree with me that the enthusiasm and excitement he shows towards the art is unmatched by anyone! His experimentation and imagination seem to be limitless. He likes to push his creativity is not afraid to try it all! I often wonder when he even has time to sleep! On top of all this, he always takes time to help others and give positive feedback and encouragement to everyone. This along with a few other things he has shared with me over the past several months have given me a high respect for him as a person and as an artist. He is an absolutely amazing person! It is a privilege to call him a friend. Keep up the great work my friend! :-)"
December 23rd, 2009
Captain Blithering says:
"Light painter extraordinaire. Tackyshack is always thinking outside the box and coming up with new original stuff. I can't wait to see what you'll do next, keep up the good work,"
December 1st, 2009
"Tackyshack is truly a real artist. It's rare to witness such a passion for art as is in his light painting photos and the Shackstein Ceiling paintings! Tackyshack seems to have a constant source for inspiration and passion to explore new ways of light painting.
I bet there's tons and tons of great material coming from tackyshack also in the future and I'm really looking forward to it!"
November 30th, 2009
"tackyshack is an inspirational dude, his ideas on light painting are original and well executed.
i especially like the bubble and mask shots, and look forward to seeing how far he can go with it.
he's also a fantastic contributor to discussion and comments on photos, thanks tacky, you're a champ ;)"
October 30th, 2009
"Mr Tackyshack started to get into his light painting similar time to myself. Has been great watching his progress from crazy full on light fun to his more recent work where he is creating some amazing compositions. Now fully utilizing his surroundings to add depth and humour to his shots.
Keep on exploring and most of all having fun Mr T."
October 31st, 2009
- December 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken