Contact - firstname.lastname@example.org
I'll start off by saying all of my photos are straight out of the camera. No photoshopping aside from an occasional rotation or crop.
I am amazed by what can be done with long exposure and light sources. The techniques are endless. Considering painting with light is the art of making space and time your canvas and using light as your medium, a lot of potential lies in this basic definition.
Flickr has been an excellent source for me to share and get ideas regarding photography in general but of course my main focus is light painting. The group that continues to inspire me the most are the Light Junkies. The best source online for all things LP.
I look forward to seeing where I can take this and seeing what other great light painters come up with throughout time as the art form progresses.
- Project Weather 624,446 photos, 89,033 members
- LED Lenser Ambassadors 204 photos, 36 members
- Show me who you are.... 1,424 photos, 88 members
- Promote Control Remote 1,597 photos, 181 members
- Artificial Satellites 654 photos, 113 members
- Light Painting World Alliance 4,086 photos, 198 members
- 2014 Light Painting Olympics 41 photos, 163 members
- Nishika N8000 924 photos, 333 members
- Lens Swaps 410 photos, 23 members
- /r/analog 10,742 photos, 869 members
- Night Workshop Series - WeTeachPhotography.com 185 photos, 13 members
- WTF??? 1,373 photos, 134 members
- light painting on film 71 photos, 18 members
- Colossal Flickr Pool 24,414 photos, 1,387 members
- Waterfalls Of The Finger Lakes Of New York State 2,600 photos, 202 members
- Waterfalls of New York State 13,353 photos, 772 members
- Abandoned, Neglected, Weathered, or Rusty 402,811 photos, 12,088 members
- Rusted Vehicles 12,629 photos, 450 members
- Abandoned Places and Things 478,751 photos, 15,742 members
- Old And Beautiful (buildings ,barns, shacks, and abandoned homes 158,799 photos, 10,655 members
- The Nature Conservancy 855,001 photos, 39,533 members
- Light Painting Community 9,023 photos, 711 members
- The Light Painter 498 photos, 43 members
- Waterfalls Around the World 83,594 photos, 11,864 members
- Waterfalls 152,185 photos, 18,897 members
- Waterfalls of the Carolinas 7,400 photos, 1,041 members
- Waterfalls Long Exposure 50,393 photos, 6,680 members
- Samyang 8mm f/3.5 Aspherical IF MC / Fish-eye fan 27,696 photos, 2,865 members
- Samyang 14mm F/2.8 27,684 photos, 3,667 members
- flickr (unofficial) 3,609,415 photos, 98,142 members
- Timescapes: DSLR Timelapse 1,932 photos, 666 members
- StarTracks 1,142 photos, 265 members
- Refractography ...... no-lens 682 photos, 222 members
- ◇Group wi†h Ҽxperience◆ 2,897,059 photos, 352,933 members
- OPTICAL NIRVANA 722 photos, 139 members
- 366 in 2012 (Not your Average 365 Group) 23,081 photos, 276 members
- Light Graff 788 photos, 144 members
- School of Digital Photography 723,905 photos, 17,900 members
- reddit 12,493 photos, 1,122 members
- Human in Geometry 61,073 photos, 4,823 members
- Light Painting Accidents 185 photos, 78 members
- Roanoke Snaps 778 photos, 22 members
- Digital Light Wand 577 photos, 69 members
- Welding mask glass filter 2,991 photos, 1,486 members
- Fabulous Fractalius 14,298 photos, 1,488 members
- Astrophotography - PLEASE READ THE RULES AND NEWS. 95,043 photos, 14,053 members
- Light Junkies 105,657 photos, 17,156 members
- Astrofotografia / Astrophotography 3,291 photos, 213 members
- New River Valley 2,801 photos, 183 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 399,137 photos, 12,067 members
"I haven't been back into light painting for long but I wanted to leave something to show my appreciation for tackyshack. His photos have always been an inspiration to me and I love coming to his stream seeing all the new crazy stuff he thinks of and then paints. Tacky probably influenced me more than anyone to come back to the light painting scene and I'm really happy to be back. Thanks man!"
March 6th, 2013
"Jeremy, your passion, seemingly endless energy, and dedication to light painting is second to none. You are such an inspiration, and your energy infects all who see your work.
You dare to go where no one has been before, and light the way forward into new areas of Light Painting.
You’ve set the trend with your camera toss and Tacky mask photography, and I cant wait to see what you do next - it’s a great ride watching your work as it evolves.
Thanks for all of your support and encouragement :o)"
September 22nd, 2010
"Jeremy has done some very inspirational work using techniques I can't even get my head around using. The atmosphere he creates in his images are very surreal and psychedelic. Even looking back at his first work his ideas were larger than life and working on such a big scale and putting so much effort in to one picture pays of well in the results. I've been amazed so much already and can expect a "Bright" future for Tackyshack. Congratulations on all the great work and keep it up.
May 22nd, 2010
"tackyshack is where its at -------a true lightpainter with heaps of dedication and imagination ----he was one of the first LP'ers that i seen and was in shock when i seen his images ----his mask series has a stamp in the LP community -- - im always looking forward to seeing what tacky pulls off next ----"
May 4th, 2010
"Tacky Tacky Tacky...
You light up the night with some wicked ideas.
Never scared to try somethings new, crazy, off the wall, or... well Tacky.
Inspiration goes both ways.
Will cross paths before long and light one up ;)"
January 2nd, 2010
Hannu Huhtamo says:
"Tackyshack has found his own style. It's always a pleasure to watch his experimental and innovative pictures. Tacky's enthusiasm and passion are enviable. Those are the qualities of a true artist.
For example, his light mask series is really awesome and unique.
His freedom from prejudice often inspires me to try something new.
Keep up the magnificent light work fella!"
December 25th, 2009
"Jeremy has a rare passion for his art and is always pushing the envelope on what can be achieved with a light source(s) and a camera in bulb mode. He has inspired the light-painting community with his famous shack, which in my opinion has transcended tacky, entering the realm of legend. And his masks are nothing short of genius. Keep on being tacky, LegendaryShack!"
December 24th, 2009
"This is long overdue but I am glad that I got to know a little more about Jeremy before sitting down to write this testimonial. Jeremy is a true artist! I think that many in the light painting community on flicker would agree with me that the enthusiasm and excitement he shows towards the art is unmatched by anyone! His experimentation and imagination seem to be limitless. He likes to push his creativity is not afraid to try it all! I often wonder when he even has time to sleep! On top of all this, he always takes time to help others and give positive feedback and encouragement to everyone. This along with a few other things he has shared with me over the past several months have given me a high respect for him as a person and as an artist. He is an absolutely amazing person! It is a privilege to call him a friend. Keep up the great work my friend! :-)"
December 23rd, 2009
Captain Blithering says:
"Light painter extraordinaire. Tackyshack is always thinking outside the box and coming up with new original stuff. I can't wait to see what you'll do next, keep up the good work,"
December 1st, 2009
"Tackyshack is truly a real artist. It's rare to witness such a passion for art as is in his light painting photos and the Shackstein Ceiling paintings! Tackyshack seems to have a constant source for inspiration and passion to explore new ways of light painting.
I bet there's tons and tons of great material coming from tackyshack also in the future and I'm really looking forward to it!"
November 30th, 2009
"tackyshack is an inspirational dude, his ideas on light painting are original and well executed.
i especially like the bubble and mask shots, and look forward to seeing how far he can go with it.
he's also a fantastic contributor to discussion and comments on photos, thanks tacky, you're a champ ;)"
October 30th, 2009
"Mr Tackyshack started to get into his light painting similar time to myself. Has been great watching his progress from crazy full on light fun to his more recent work where he is creating some amazing compositions. Now fully utilizing his surroundings to add depth and humour to his shots.
Keep on exploring and most of all having fun Mr T."
October 31st, 2009
- December 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken