"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
Jorge Luis Borges
suttonhoo by smalldogs
mini hoo »
Sometimes I blog about my pics (and other folks' pics) at detritus.
I twitter as suttonhoo too.
I moblog a lot: suttonhoo moblogs
My most interesting pics according to Scout »
& according to isaias »
Photos of suttonhoo (2)
- Flickr CPR 11,928 photos, 573 members
- California Missions 9,963 photos, 786 members
- coathangers 241 photos, 74 members
- Jibbitz 8 photos, 3 members
- NPR Look At This 152,461 photos, 6,193 members
- Denver Botanic Gardens 881 photos, 79 members
- Lafayette House 1 photo, 13 members
- The Energy Paparazzi Project 862 photos, 127 members
- Airport Terminals 2,314 photos, 236 members
- Speelgoed, Toys, Jouets 643 photos, 73 members
- Horizon, tu! oh, tu! NEW AND IMPROVED! 5,949 photos, 495 members
- digiLOMO - digital low "quality" capturing 988 photos, 64 members
- Digital Harinezumi デジタルハリネズミ 17,705 photos, 1,566 members
- Ancient World in London with Heritage Key 418 photos, 225 members
- Unexpected titles 2,036 photos, 143 members
- DCist Photos 177,476 photos, 4,555 members
- The Listening Project 167 photos, 68 members
- Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibition at the National Geographic Museum 192 photos, 24 members
- Dom (Rom, Gypsy, Çingene, Qereçî, Gypthos, Zingari) in World 2,414 photos, 408 members
- In the fridge 88 photos, 211 members
- Argonne National Laboratory and Waterfall Glen 695 photos, 88 members
- Mesoamérica Hoy 3,121 photos, 144 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 17,484 photos, 173 members
- Zisha 353 photos, 36 members
- Pilcrow Lit Fest/Chicago 311 photos, 10 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,702 photos, 1,281 members
- Twitterazzi 420 photos, 137 members
- SFist 86,656 photos, 1,548 members
- let them read Cake 42 photos, 64 members
- ◄◄◄ HECTOR GUIMARD [1867-1942] ►►► 2,798 photos, 660 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 195 photos, 240 members
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Signature Tiles 84 photos, 72 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 498 photos, 1,072 members
- Polaroid 306,950 photos, 32,501 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 51,507 photos, 6,857 members
- I voted in Chicago and all I got was a lousy ballot receipt! 80 photos, 57 members
- The Coffee Cup 21,079 photos, 6,374 members
- New York, New York 481,136 photos, 17,490 members
- Holga freak 83,830 photos, 9,758 members
- INVITATION: 25 Decisive Moments Art Opening, Friday, October 24 374 photos, 852 members
- Fruits et légumes 50,207 photos, 13,400 members
- nature désolée [film only please] 4,824 photos, 288 members
- Denver 38,094 photos, 2,058 members
- Face Your Manga 681 photos, 761 members
- Giant Fiberglass Statues 2,574 photos, 234 members
- All Favourite Photos 29,637 photos, 3,395 members
- BLUELIST - The Best of Lonely Planet 38,638 photos, 2,655 members
- First Rule Of Photography: Everybody Loves A Monkey 6,585 photos, 811 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 54,602 photos, 6,605 members
- World Archaeology 13,852 photos, 397 members
O Caritas says:
"There are countless sources for photographic inspiration on flickr, but in Dayna, I have found someone who — nearly every day — inspires me to be a better person. She is as fine a human being as I expect I ever will have met."
July 26th, 2009
"I don't visit suttonhoo's stream as often as I want because i know when I do I'll get sucked in and stay longer than I planned. She has an incredible mix of photos taken from anything from a real camera to a mobile phone, and so many of them are accompanied by words and texts and stories she writes so well. She shares incredible personal moments, yet she doesn't show her face, but when Susan took her portrait I knew immediately who it was..."
November 17th, 2008
"jet-setter... but stays close to the source w/good writing & great photographs.
ps. & kindness"
July 2nd, 2008
Slipping Away says:
"Dayna is an inspiration. Her photostream is much more than images... it is pure life."
June 14th, 2008
"suttonhoo approved this testimonial even though it only mentions heterodyning once."
May 15th, 2008
"Not a lot of people can bridge the gap between the visual sensibility and the literary sensibility. That is why it is so comforting that when I see an entrancing photograph on Suttonhoo's stream, I can be assured that there is an even better story behind it."
May 5th, 2008
"Strangely enigmatic, I am drawn to her work by the nature of what is absent.
Her ego is there, strong, compelling me to look deeper to what is below the surface, and as I turn my neck and eyes to see, it is gone.
While some strut and fret their personalities on Flickr, and others hit you over the head, suttonhoo remains elusive and sublime."
September 25th, 2007
disillusioned fnord says:
"enjoyed your photos, not all of them but most of them. They feel familar, things of everyday as well as the not so. The interesting titles make the reading of each so much more interesting..something that I could not do myself.
September 12th, 2007
"This is the first testimonial I've ever written. I don't know Dayna personally, but I look forward to seeing her photos most days. There's a consistency in her quality, a real "eye" for the unusual...whether that be a subject or an angle. All in all it makes for great enjoyment. Thank you Dayna!"
January 9th, 2007
"suttonhoo was one of my very first contacts on flickr. i knew from the git-go that her eye was spectacular... finding the crevasses, the niches, the detritus of everyday life and capturing it all in her singular, signature way. i recently had the honor of going on a shoot with her, and i got to see how her mind work. she pays attention. she looks.
her images are stark and profound. they make you think. they make your jaw drop. they make you laugh out loud. they make you cry. they make you gasp with wonder. they make you look.
she is the quintessential photographer.
plus, she can work that goddam cameraphone like nobody's bidness."
October 10th, 2006
groovy manner says:
"Suttonhoo is the only person that I know that can make crappy wall paper look cool. It is like magic. I wish I could take photos as cool as hers."
August 21st, 2006
Flipped Out says:
"Chicago through her eyes is soooo refreshing."
July 7th, 2006
handy fang says:
August 27th, 2005
- Dayna Bateman
- May 2005