"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
Jorge Luis Borges
suttonhoo by smalldogs
mini hoo »
Sometimes I blog about my pics (and other folks' pics) at detritus.
I twitter as suttonhoo too.
I moblog a lot: suttonhoo moblogs
My most interesting pics according to Scout »
& according to isaias »
Photos of suttonhoo (2)
- Flickr CPR 10,215 photos, 582 members
- California Missions 9,826 photos, 780 members
- coathangers 240 photos, 72 members
- Jibbitz 8 photos, 3 members
- NPR Look At This 159,922 photos, 6,329 members
- Denver Botanic Gardens 775 photos, 73 members
- Lafayette House 1 photo, 13 members
- The Energy Paparazzi Project 891 photos, 131 members
- Airport Terminals 1,696 photos, 214 members
- Speelgoed, Toys, Jouets 579 photos, 71 members
- Horizon, tu! oh, tu! NEW AND IMPROVED! 5,973 photos, 497 members
- digiLOMO - digital low "quality" capturing 1,000 photos, 64 members
- Digital Harinezumi デジタルハリネズミ 16,160 photos, 1,544 members
- Ancient World in London with Heritage Key 364 photos, 224 members
- Unexpected titles 1,690 photos, 142 members
- DCist Photos 175,145 photos, 4,574 members
- The Listening Project 165 photos, 70 members
- Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibition at the National Geographic Museum 192 photos, 25 members
- Dom (Rom, Gypsy, Çingene, Qereçî, Gypthos, Zingari) in World 2,366 photos, 393 members
- In the fridge 89 photos, 211 members
- Argonne National Laboratory and Waterfall Glen 694 photos, 77 members
- Mesoamérica Hoy 2,303 photos, 138 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 14,763 photos, 174 members
- Zisha 358 photos, 36 members
- Pilcrow Lit Fest/Chicago 311 photos, 10 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,771 photos, 1,308 members
- Twitterazzi 281 photos, 138 members
- SFist 83,816 photos, 1,559 members
- let them read Cake 42 photos, 64 members
- ◄◄◄ HECTOR GUIMARD [1867-1942] ►►► 2,647 photos, 642 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 200 photos, 242 members
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Signature Tiles 83 photos, 67 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 448 photos, 1,082 members
- Polaroid 298,317 photos, 31,487 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 53,646 photos, 6,901 members
- I voted in Chicago and all I got was a lousy ballot receipt! 78 photos, 58 members
- The Coffee Cup 20,334 photos, 6,331 members
- New York, New York 447,023 photos, 16,978 members
- Holga freak 81,991 photos, 9,192 members
- INVITATION: 25 Decisive Moments Art Opening, Friday, October 24 320 photos, 860 members
- Fruits et légumes 50,798 photos, 13,559 members
- nature désolée [film only please] 3,689 photos, 270 members
- Denver 39,085 photos, 2,004 members
- Face Your Manga 700 photos, 781 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 291,700 photos, 6,781 members
- Giant Fiberglass Statues 2,351 photos, 221 members
- All Favourite Photos 30,217 photos, 3,415 members
- BLUELIST - The Best of Lonely Planet 33,935 photos, 2,659 members
- First Rule Of Photography: Everybody Loves A Monkey 6,458 photos, 800 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 52,554 photos, 6,474 members
O Caritas says:
"There are countless sources for photographic inspiration on flickr, but in Dayna, I have found someone who — nearly every day — inspires me to be a better person. She is as fine a human being as I expect I ever will have met."
July 26th, 2009
"I don't visit suttonhoo's stream as often as I want because i know when I do I'll get sucked in and stay longer than I planned. She has an incredible mix of photos taken from anything from a real camera to a mobile phone, and so many of them are accompanied by words and texts and stories she writes so well. She shares incredible personal moments, yet she doesn't show her face, but when Susan took her portrait I knew immediately who it was..."
November 17th, 2008
"jet-setter... but stays close to the source w/good writing & great photographs.
ps. & kindness"
July 2nd, 2008
Slipping Away says:
"Dayna is an inspiration. Her photostream is much more than images... it is pure life."
June 14th, 2008
"suttonhoo approved this testimonial even though it only mentions heterodyning once."
May 15th, 2008
"Not a lot of people can bridge the gap between the visual sensibility and the literary sensibility. That is why it is so comforting that when I see an entrancing photograph on Suttonhoo's stream, I can be assured that there is an even better story behind it."
May 5th, 2008
"Strangely enigmatic, I am drawn to her work by the nature of what is absent.
Her ego is there, strong, compelling me to look deeper to what is below the surface, and as I turn my neck and eyes to see, it is gone.
While some strut and fret their personalities on Flickr, and others hit you over the head, suttonhoo remains elusive and sublime."
September 25th, 2007
"enjoyed your photos, not all of them but most of them. They feel familar, things of everyday as well as the not so. The interesting titles make the reading of each so much more interesting..something that I could not do myself.
September 12th, 2007
"This is the first testimonial I've ever written. I don't know Dayna personally, but I look forward to seeing her photos most days. There's a consistency in her quality, a real "eye" for the unusual...whether that be a subject or an angle. All in all it makes for great enjoyment. Thank you Dayna!"
January 9th, 2007
"suttonhoo was one of my very first contacts on flickr. i knew from the git-go that her eye was spectacular... finding the crevasses, the niches, the detritus of everyday life and capturing it all in her singular, signature way. i recently had the honor of going on a shoot with her, and i got to see how her mind work. she pays attention. she looks.
her images are stark and profound. they make you think. they make your jaw drop. they make you laugh out loud. they make you cry. they make you gasp with wonder. they make you look.
she is the quintessential photographer.
plus, she can work that goddam cameraphone like nobody's bidness."
October 10th, 2006
"Suttonhoo is the only person that I know that can make crappy wall paper look cool. It is like magic. I wish I could take photos as cool as hers."
August 21st, 2006
Flipped Out says:
"Chicago through her eyes is soooo refreshing."
July 7th, 2006
Fernando Pinto says:
August 27th, 2005
- Dayna Bateman
- May 2005