"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
Jorge Luis Borges
suttonhoo by smalldogs
mini hoo »
Sometimes I blog about my pics (and other folks' pics) at detritus.
I twitter as suttonhoo too.
I moblog a lot: suttonhoo moblogs
My most interesting pics according to Scout »
& according to isaias »
Photos of suttonhoo (2)
- Flickr CPR 8,664 photos, 571 members
- California Missions 9,511 photos, 757 members
- coathangers 249 photos, 71 members
- Jibbitz 13 photos, 3 members
- NPR Look At This 148,805 photos, 6,149 members
- Denver Botanic Gardens 436 photos, 42 members
- Lafayette House 1 photo, 13 members
- The Energy Paparazzi Project 917 photos, 130 members
- Airport Terminals 1,264 photos, 185 members
- Speelgoed, Toys, Jouets 510 photos, 70 members
- Horizon, tu! oh, tu! NEW AND IMPROVED! 6,026 photos, 499 members
- digiLOMO - digital low "quality" capturing 995 photos, 65 members
- Digital Harinezumi デジタルハリネズミ 15,271 photos, 1,513 members
- Ancient World in London with Heritage Key 318 photos, 214 members
- Unexpected titles 1,542 photos, 141 members
- DCist Photos 162,021 photos, 4,445 members
- The Listening Project 157 photos, 69 members
- Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibition at the National Geographic Museum 216 photos, 24 members
- Dom (Rom, Gypsy, Çingene, Qereçî, Gypthos, Zingari) in World 2,281 photos, 373 members
- In the fridge 89 photos, 213 members
- Argonne National Laboratory and Waterfall Glen 680 photos, 62 members
- Mesoamérica Hoy 1,946 photos, 120 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 12,901 photos, 166 members
- Zisha 359 photos, 36 members
- Pilcrow Lit Fest/Chicago 311 photos, 10 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,830 photos, 1,316 members
- Twitterazzi 89 photos, 137 members
- SFist 75,674 photos, 1,481 members
- let them read Cake 43 photos, 64 members
- ◄◄◄ HECTOR GUIMARD [1867-1942] ►►► 2,627 photos, 631 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 188 photos, 245 members
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Signature Tiles 75 photos, 62 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 486 photos, 1,086 members
- Polaroid 287,371 photos, 28,491 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 54,504 photos, 6,605 members
- I voted in Chicago and all I got was a lousy ballot receipt! 77 photos, 58 members
- The Coffee Cup 19,181 photos, 6,128 members
- New York, New York 407,898 photos, 16,073 members
- Holga freak 81,567 photos, 7,469 members
- INVITATION: 25 Decisive Moments Art Opening, Friday, October 24 294 photos, 862 members
- Fruits et légumes 51,502 photos, 13,322 members
- nature désolée [film only please] 3,002 photos, 236 members
- Denver 36,305 photos, 1,937 members
- Face Your Manga 718 photos, 786 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 236,899 photos, 6,296 members
- Giant Fiberglass Statues 2,230 photos, 215 members
- All Favourite Photos 30,437 photos, 3,360 members
- BLUELIST - The Best of Lonely Planet 28,270 photos, 2,565 members
- First Rule Of Photography: Everybody Loves A Monkey 5,322 photos, 792 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 46,402 photos, 6,181 members
O Caritas says:
"There are countless sources for photographic inspiration on flickr, but in Dayna, I have found someone who — nearly every day — inspires me to be a better person. She is as fine a human being as I expect I ever will have met."
July 26th, 2009
"I don't visit suttonhoo's stream as often as I want because i know when I do I'll get sucked in and stay longer than I planned. She has an incredible mix of photos taken from anything from a real camera to a mobile phone, and so many of them are accompanied by words and texts and stories she writes so well. She shares incredible personal moments, yet she doesn't show her face, but when Susan took her portrait I knew immediately who it was..."
November 17th, 2008
"jet-setter... but stays close to the source w/good writing & great photographs.
ps. & kindness"
July 2nd, 2008
Slipping Away says:
"Dayna is an inspiration. Her photostream is much more than images... it is pure life."
June 14th, 2008
"suttonhoo approved this testimonial even though it only mentions heterodyning once."
May 15th, 2008
"Not a lot of people can bridge the gap between the visual sensibility and the literary sensibility. That is why it is so comforting that when I see an entrancing photograph on Suttonhoo's stream, I can be assured that there is an even better story behind it."
May 5th, 2008
"Strangely enigmatic, I am drawn to her work by the nature of what is absent.
Her ego is there, strong, compelling me to look deeper to what is below the surface, and as I turn my neck and eyes to see, it is gone.
While some strut and fret their personalities on Flickr, and others hit you over the head, suttonhoo remains elusive and sublime."
September 25th, 2007
"enjoyed your photos, not all of them but most of them. They feel familar, things of everyday as well as the not so. The interesting titles make the reading of each so much more interesting..something that I could not do myself.
September 12th, 2007
"This is the first testimonial I've ever written. I don't know Dayna personally, but I look forward to seeing her photos most days. There's a consistency in her quality, a real "eye" for the unusual...whether that be a subject or an angle. All in all it makes for great enjoyment. Thank you Dayna!"
January 9th, 2007
"suttonhoo was one of my very first contacts on flickr. i knew from the git-go that her eye was spectacular... finding the crevasses, the niches, the detritus of everyday life and capturing it all in her singular, signature way. i recently had the honor of going on a shoot with her, and i got to see how her mind work. she pays attention. she looks.
her images are stark and profound. they make you think. they make your jaw drop. they make you laugh out loud. they make you cry. they make you gasp with wonder. they make you look.
she is the quintessential photographer.
plus, she can work that goddam cameraphone like nobody's bidness."
October 10th, 2006
"Suttonhoo is the only person that I know that can make crappy wall paper look cool. It is like magic. I wish I could take photos as cool as hers."
August 21st, 2006
Flipped Out says:
"Chicago through her eyes is soooo refreshing."
July 7th, 2006
Fernando Pinto says:
August 27th, 2005
- Dayna Bateman
- May 2005