"Nothing is built on stone; all is built on sand, but we must build as if the sand were stone."
Jorge Luis Borges
suttonhoo by smalldogs
mini hoo »
Sometimes I blog about my pics (and other folks' pics) at detritus.
I twitter as suttonhoo too.
I moblog a lot: suttonhoo moblogs
My most interesting pics according to Scout »
& according to isaias »
Photos of suttonhoo (2)
- Flickr CPR 10,589 photos, 576 members
- California Missions 9,816 photos, 783 members
- coathangers 240 photos, 72 members
- Jibbitz 8 photos, 3 members
- NPR Look At This 158,133 photos, 6,312 members
- Denver Botanic Gardens 803 photos, 72 members
- Lafayette House 1 photo, 13 members
- The Energy Paparazzi Project 892 photos, 130 members
- Airport Terminals 1,762 photos, 218 members
- Speelgoed, Toys, Jouets 592 photos, 70 members
- Horizon, tu! oh, tu! NEW AND IMPROVED! 5,964 photos, 495 members
- digiLOMO - digital low "quality" capturing 985 photos, 64 members
- Digital Harinezumi デジタルハリネズミ 16,645 photos, 1,543 members
- Ancient World in London with Heritage Key 370 photos, 222 members
- Unexpected titles 1,736 photos, 142 members
- DCist Photos 176,664 photos, 4,571 members
- The Listening Project 167 photos, 70 members
- Terra Cotta Warrior Exhibition at the National Geographic Museum 192 photos, 25 members
- Dom (Rom, Gypsy, Çingene, Qereçî, Gypthos, Zingari) in World 2,378 photos, 395 members
- In the fridge 88 photos, 210 members
- Argonne National Laboratory and Waterfall Glen 694 photos, 80 members
- Mesoamérica Hoy 2,323 photos, 138 members
- Explore Northeastern Illinois 15,032 photos, 173 members
- Zisha 357 photos, 36 members
- Pilcrow Lit Fest/Chicago 311 photos, 10 members
- 'Roid Week 2009 4,752 photos, 1,303 members
- Twitterazzi 370 photos, 139 members
- SFist 85,181 photos, 1,562 members
- let them read Cake 42 photos, 64 members
- ◄◄◄ HECTOR GUIMARD [1867-1942] ►►► 2,666 photos, 647 members
- New York, Paris, [Tablat], London, Tokyo: Time-Zoned Clock Rows 200 photos, 243 members
- Frank Lloyd Wright's Signature Tiles 83 photos, 68 members
- A goodbye kiss, you dog 462 photos, 1,080 members
- Polaroid 300,387 photos, 31,749 members
- Quality Portrait Photography 52,859 photos, 6,868 members
- I voted in Chicago and all I got was a lousy ballot receipt! 79 photos, 58 members
- The Coffee Cup 20,389 photos, 6,354 members
- New York, New York 454,893 photos, 17,168 members
- Holga freak 82,358 photos, 9,362 members
- INVITATION: 25 Decisive Moments Art Opening, Friday, October 24 338 photos, 859 members
- Fruits et légumes 50,805 photos, 13,543 members
- nature désolée [film only please] 3,989 photos, 273 members
- Denver 38,273 photos, 2,019 members
- Face Your Manga 701 photos, 781 members
- The Film Fanciers’ Guild 302,100 photos, 6,828 members
- Giant Fiberglass Statues 2,404 photos, 224 members
- All Favourite Photos 30,208 photos, 3,423 members
- BLUELIST - The Best of Lonely Planet 35,041 photos, 2,668 members
- First Rule Of Photography: Everybody Loves A Monkey 6,513 photos, 803 members
- Monkeys , apes and lemures. 53,269 photos, 6,513 members
O Caritas says:
"There are countless sources for photographic inspiration on flickr, but in Dayna, I have found someone who — nearly every day — inspires me to be a better person. She is as fine a human being as I expect I ever will have met."
July 26th, 2009
"I don't visit suttonhoo's stream as often as I want because i know when I do I'll get sucked in and stay longer than I planned. She has an incredible mix of photos taken from anything from a real camera to a mobile phone, and so many of them are accompanied by words and texts and stories she writes so well. She shares incredible personal moments, yet she doesn't show her face, but when Susan took her portrait I knew immediately who it was..."
November 17th, 2008
"jet-setter... but stays close to the source w/good writing & great photographs.
ps. & kindness"
July 2nd, 2008
Slipping Away says:
"Dayna is an inspiration. Her photostream is much more than images... it is pure life."
June 14th, 2008
"suttonhoo approved this testimonial even though it only mentions heterodyning once."
May 15th, 2008
"Not a lot of people can bridge the gap between the visual sensibility and the literary sensibility. That is why it is so comforting that when I see an entrancing photograph on Suttonhoo's stream, I can be assured that there is an even better story behind it."
May 5th, 2008
"Strangely enigmatic, I am drawn to her work by the nature of what is absent.
Her ego is there, strong, compelling me to look deeper to what is below the surface, and as I turn my neck and eyes to see, it is gone.
While some strut and fret their personalities on Flickr, and others hit you over the head, suttonhoo remains elusive and sublime."
September 25th, 2007
"enjoyed your photos, not all of them but most of them. They feel familar, things of everyday as well as the not so. The interesting titles make the reading of each so much more interesting..something that I could not do myself.
September 12th, 2007
"This is the first testimonial I've ever written. I don't know Dayna personally, but I look forward to seeing her photos most days. There's a consistency in her quality, a real "eye" for the unusual...whether that be a subject or an angle. All in all it makes for great enjoyment. Thank you Dayna!"
January 9th, 2007
"suttonhoo was one of my very first contacts on flickr. i knew from the git-go that her eye was spectacular... finding the crevasses, the niches, the detritus of everyday life and capturing it all in her singular, signature way. i recently had the honor of going on a shoot with her, and i got to see how her mind work. she pays attention. she looks.
her images are stark and profound. they make you think. they make your jaw drop. they make you laugh out loud. they make you cry. they make you gasp with wonder. they make you look.
she is the quintessential photographer.
plus, she can work that goddam cameraphone like nobody's bidness."
October 10th, 2006
"Suttonhoo is the only person that I know that can make crappy wall paper look cool. It is like magic. I wish I could take photos as cool as hers."
August 21st, 2006
Flipped Out says:
"Chicago through her eyes is soooo refreshing."
July 7th, 2006
Fernando Pinto says:
August 27th, 2005
- Dayna Bateman
- May 2005