Thanks for dropping by my stream!
I am a CPA located in Eagle Rock - right between Pasadena & Glendale in Los Angeles County, CA, that has a passion for photography. I am very curious about how photographs trigger different emotions in our brains. I love experimenting and being creative.
I am passionate about everything that I do: photography, running, raising my kids & working with clients to help them with business and tax issues. Please visit my website www.wwsacpas.com if you would like to contact me directly.
- Sony A7 / A7R / A7S / A7II / A7RII / A7SII / A7III / A7RIII Comm 204,814 photos, 8,034 members
- RX1 | RX1R 54,080 photos, 3,226 members
- Olympus PEN-F,OM-D E-M1, E-M10, E-M5 and E-M5II user 689,850 photos, 14,667 members
- Sony RX100 (All Versions) 217,930 photos, 10,301 members
- San Francisco Bay Bridges 17,816 photos, 2,432 members
- San Francisco 288,552 photos, 15,626 members
- Project Weather 627,256 photos, 93,227 members
- The Panasonic G3 29,017 photos, 874 members
- yosemite 46,947 photos, 6,616 members
- Southern California Wedding Photographers 3,373 photos, 183 members
- Getty Images Call for Artists 401,604 photos, 103,573 members
- Canon PowerShot S90 49,371 photos, 2,956 members
- PhotoVotr 36,769 photos, 1,665 members
- My Day Today 9,519 photos, 308 members
- Audi Motorcars 39,954 photos, 3,474 members
- HDR 1,056,030 photos, 92,336 members
- jumpingbook 789 photos, 85 members
- Blue Ribbon PHOTOGRAPHY (INVITE ONLY) 285,514 photos, 41,375 members
- Panasonic Lumix 20mm f1.7 ASPH "pancake" 107,355 photos, 5,511 members
- Color Photo Award - PREMIER -- Post 1: Give 2 - Get 5: Go BRONZE 275,382 photos, 32,723 members
- Los Angeles Wildlife 1,425 photos, 117 members
- Geometry in architecture 108,193 photos, 4,722 members
- Sunrises and Sunsets 443,043 photos, 30,102 members
- Kogi BBQ Truck Junkies 99 photos, 32 members
- Let's Shoot Los Angeles 7,607 photos, 195 members
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 86,396 photos, 5,242 members
- Sea2sky Action Sets 23 photos, 32 members
- Adobe Lightroom 57,266 photos, 26,732 members
- 100 Non-Strangers 242 photos, 123 members
- SoCal 99,749 photos, 1,927 members
- Temecula Valley & Wine Country 2,738 photos, 161 members
- Cell Phone Photography 408,500 photos, 11,787 members
- Fine-ART photos (Invite only) 36,951 photos, 9,712 members
- As Eye See It 17,178 photos, 614 members
- For Love of Photography 4,829 photos, 355 members
- Clouds and Those That Need Them 54,633 photos, 3,453 members
- Alternative Views 154,558 photos, 4,532 members
- National Geographic Wannabes 542,471 photos, 13,340 members
- Emotions 535,325 photos, 31,689 members
- I Love LA 70,199 photos, 1,831 members
- running 42,425 photos, 5,109 members
- The Arroyo Seco 594 photos, 53 members
- IN-N-OUT 1,526 photos, 544 members
- Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Mark III & Mark IV Group 968,428 photos, 28,309 members
- Pinkberry Groupies 74 photos, 77 members
- Strobist.com 606,638 photos, 123,752 members
- Lines&Curves - P1:C1 - no nature, no humans! 215,979 photos, 15,613 members
- Gizmodo.com 7,379 photos, 1,167 members
- Big Sur, California 12,795 photos, 1,876 members
- Photographers And Digital Artists of Los Angeles 29,669 photos, 963 members
"John is a positive spirit in the Flickr community, and this forum should have more people like him. His attitude is genuine, and his photography is stunning. John's photos makes you feel like you were with him in his run'ography pictures, and especially his landscapes. I've never been to Yosemite, the Salton Sea, Grand Canyon, nor Page in Arizona, but I smelled the air in the high altitudes in which he was in when he took those photos of nature's beautiful side.
That's John. He's cool."
August 18th, 2011
"Absolutely amazing would be the two words that describe his photos. Thanks for being a great flickr contact John!"
October 30th, 2010
"John is one of the most sincere, talented, passionate, and enthusiastic photographer on flickr! He has a talent for turning a lot of normal daily scenes look spectacular. Another one of his unique "work" is his Run'ography series. He combines his passion of running with photography. He's even published a book! His works have inspired me a lot through this flickr journey and I have learned a lot from his work. I've always admires how John gives back to the community when ever he can. Looking ahead to more of his fine works going forward!
Keep up the good work John!"
August 7th, 2010
"John is great. At his recent HDR tax law seminar he taught me how to capitalize on and take full advantage of the "2008 Four-legged Tripod Tax Credit", a little known tax break available to photographers of all ages and experience level. He was even nice enough to help me fill out all of the forms. And he did all of this while jogging and capturing amazing Run'ography images.
Bottom line - he's amazing. Check out his stream. Now. Right now. Why are you still reading this?!"
July 13th, 2010
"John's work never will cease to amaze. The unique perspectives and crazy processing skills he possesses will continue to captivate you for the rest of your life!!!!!
But seriously, you are an amazing photographer John! keep up the amazing work :)"
June 16th, 2010
Andy Kennelly says:
"John likes to keep it local. He loves the city he lives in and it shows. I really enjoy his run'ography set and the way he mixes two of his passions together (running and photography). John likes to try many different processing techniques and is not afraid to go bold once in awhile. While I haven't met California CPA in person yet, I feel like I have a good idea of what a great all around guy he is. He likes to set up photo walks and workshops and share his knowledge with other friends. I am very impressed with you my friend and I look forward to the day we meet!"
June 15th, 2010
anthony samaniego says:
"I think it might be time to put the CPA down and be a professional photographer....however that works. Because John is definitely the latter."
May 21st, 2010
victorious partner says:
"Possibly the coolest guy I've come to know here on flickr! Everyone of his photos are very unique and special. I'm also a great fan of his awesome post processing skills :D
John is really a great flickr friend, and also has a great sense of humor :]
I'm always more than happy to see what he comes up with next!
¡Sigue haciendo el arte bella amigo!"
January 22nd, 2010
annoyed loaf says:
"If I didn't know any better I would say that this photographer has a PhD in making simple things look visually stunning. His photographic skill, graces each photo with something of a gloss that makes each one of his photos so visually pleasing. I always thought that if you were good with numbers you wouldn't be good with a camera, but this photographer has disproved my theory. Amazingly enough his photographic skill has yet to reach it's peak because each photo he takes is better than the one before. These amazing photographs are only stepping stones for this talented photographer and because of this I look forward to seeing what amazing results he has in store for us next!"
September 4th, 2009
"Beautiful! That is what comes to mind when I see John's photostream.
His stream is such a treat to visit, and without a doubt one of my most favorite streams on Flickr. When it comes to composition and color, John has to be one of the most talented photographers around.
His unique style of photography is very inspiring [always]. Keep up the good work John and thanks for sharing your photos with us."
August 6th, 2009
Nate the Mate says:
"I really enjoy seeing John's latest works! Since finding out that he hails near where I grew up near Pasadena,California, I see parts of the Southland that I am familiar with. His unique approach to a shot may involve using the camera in a way, not too many others may have thought. My talents I compare with John's own captures but look to his art as something inspiring. Bravo John!"
August 1st, 2009
Rickard Gillberg says:
"John may be a well structured certified public accountant on the surface, but once you look a bit deeper you’ll soon find a motorcycle-bound globetrotter who speaks fluent Spanish, runs on a daily basis and has an appeal for adventures. He’s also a family man, with a lot of love to his wife and kids.
All those aspects add up to great ingredients in his everyday photographic art, like the “Run'ography” and the charismatic portraits of his kids. But he’s not a predictable man. In fact, John is heavily synonymous with the adjectives “innovative” and “spontaneous”. His astounding creativity is like a breath of fresh air. You never know what’s going to hit you next!
Adding to that John is a truly skilful photographer with an eye for shapes and structures, and he’s a great guy!"
May 12th, 2009
Anne E. McDonald says:
"John is one of my favorite contacts. His energy and positive spirit comes through every photograph he posts. He's not afraid to experiment and have fun - his creativity leaps off the page! His generous and thoughtful feedback always makes me smile and encourages me to experiment more."
May 5th, 2009
"I really like John's "Run'ography" shots...they're always creative, beautifully shot, and give the viewers a unique perspective on the ordinary. I spent my college years in the Eagle Rock and Pasadena area, and these images are also very nostalgic for me. I rode my bicycles everywhere around there (on and off road), and John's shots help me remember that innocent time, 20 years ago, like it was a dream."
May 4th, 2009
"John is an extremely interesting and passionate person and that is definitely visible in his photography. He is always exploring the world, like a curious child, and constantly progressing. John's work is memorable because his compositions consist of his remarkable personality.
I always look forward to seeing more of John's work and cannot wait to read his book, which i am sure he will write and publish one day"
April 15th, 2009
- John Wood
- October 2007
- I am:
- Male and Taken
- WWSA CPAs