Kobra- Pintor MURALISTA- Original do Brasil-
Eduardo Kobra was born in Sao Paulo and started your first lines in 1987, together with the second generation of graffiti influenced by hip hop, but unquiet of personality, he picked up fast, developed your own technique of expression. Your creations are rich in details, extremely real, with the perfect esthetic, that are fruits of detailed researches that count with the vision and technique of an architect, urbanist and specialist in execution of bi and tri dimensional projects for the public space Marcio Rodriges Luiz.
Even know a personal contact was never made, one of the principals masters of today is the American Eric Grohe, the artist that makes the art a way of transformation. The dimension, the perfection and the realism of your murals confuse the eyes of who watches, reducing the difference between sculpture and painting. The works of Kobra, most executed before the contact with the art of Grohe, brings similar features. The Brazilian artist has worked with companies such as Playcenter, Beto Carrero World, Coca Cola, Nestlé, Chevrolet, Ford, Roche, Jonnie Walker, Roche, Iodice, Carmim e para as agências The Marketing Store, Diageo, Agnelo Pacheco, besides the fact that he worked with the arquitect Sig Bergamin for the Lê Lis Blanc.
Project " Wall of Memories"
The artist Eduardo Kobra is making the city of Sao Paulo look prettier. The project has the main goal to transform the urban scenery through the art. It's a mix of the old look with the modern, by the reproduction of the images from the last century on the walls of the city. Since the beginning of the year six murals were done and the goal is to make another six until the end of the year. Kobra develops works that mix the lines of the airbrush with the inspiration of the modern graffiti, rich in lights and shadows. The result is tri dimensional that allows the public to interact with the work.
The first mural done was the most important of Sao Paulo, the Avenida Paulista, which won on Sao Paulo's birthday the mural of your own image of the Avenida Paulista of 1920 from the book Avenida Paulista - The synthesis of the metropolis from Antonio Soukef Junior e Eduardo Albarello. The richness of the details of the work and the dimensions allows the public to interact with the work. Kobra says that the idea of the mural to reproduce the old train on the Paulista was to establish a comparison between the romantic and old look that the Paulista had back in the days with the actual look. The Avenida Sumare had the second mural. An image painted and inspired from the photo of Guilherme Gaensly from the Public Files of the Sao Paulo State that shows the Porto de Santos in the 1920's. The third one is on the Aveida Helio Pelegrino inspired by the Rua direta in 1905, from the book Remembrances of Sao Paulo by Joao Gerodetti and Carlos Cornejo. The work was done in the beginning of June. The forth work shows the Rua Ranges Pestana in 1900, was painted inside the store Magma that is located in the same street. The image, shows the stores from the last century wich looks almost the same from now days. The most recently was done in august, for the 447 years of the Bairro Pinheiros, the artist reproduced a photo from Jurandir Goldschimidt, which shows the Lake Pinheiros in 1920, the mural have 200m² on the side wall of the Church of Calvario in Pinheiros. The sixth mural show the Bonde Camarao in Parque Antarctica was reproduced in Rua Belmiro Braga, Vila Madalena. The artist wants to make at least another six murals and for that he is looking for the support of companies to help with the material used to make the panels and assume the partnership to give this gift to Sao Paulo.
"My goal is to give this gift to Sao Paulo, through my work. I belive that it contributes to bring the good old days to the residents and the visitors of the city, and to give a better look to the city" says Kobra
Eduardo Kobra hasn't listed any contacts yet.
- World Locations/Lugares del Mundo 121,430 photos, 1,568 members
- David's Fine Art Gallery - Own Paintings and Drawings 16,573 photos, 572 members
- Visibly talented 47,406 photos, 1,359 members
- ***All beautiful shots and many more. 20,804 photos, 14,782 members
- Vista Skateboard Art 17,568 photos, 2,200 members
- BEST5 94 photos, 89 members
- Belas Artes de São Paulo 275 photos, 45 members
- Sampa Flickr's 71,177 photos, 2,250 members
- FINE ART GALLERY ~ P1-C1 (Admin Invite) 84,138 photos, 4,457 members
- Semana da Fotografia São Paulo / Photo Week São Paulo 1,815 photos, 1,535 members
- Trees of The World. 3,158 photos, 425 members
- Graffiti 548,203 photos, 18,457 members
- From Outer Space 2,618 photos, 1,453 members
- D'APRÈS, AFTER ... , releituras, homage, homenagem, re-reading 6,216 photos, 762 members
- Toyz Attacks • En proceso de armado 191 photos, 949 members
- Poems, Pixels, & Prose! 10,774 photos, 874 members
- Saídas e rolês em SP 3,675 photos, 273 members
- Reinventamos Caminhos - Um olhar sobre o trânsito 669 photos, 187 members
- Interesting photos! 55,666 photos, 1,799 members
- flickr Annonymous 487 photos, 123 members
- Firme & Forte Record's 3,738 photos, 557 members
- Graffiti Better Than Good 7,804 photos, 410 members
- graffiti guerillas FINAL DRAFT 1,614 photos, 84 members
- Desafío Cualquier Cosa 99,299 photos, 2,207 members
- PITTURA ASTRATTA ***OMAGGIO AL GRANDE EMILIO VEDOVA*** 389 photos, 100 members
- World Scenic Photo 16,345 photos, 591 members
- Luminosity and Light 158,844 photos, 5,399 members
- Eye Catcher [2 contests, 1 open for votes] 37,216 photos, 3,670 members
- >INSPIRE Collective 157,773 photos, 4,523 members
- STREETART 711,118 photos, 29,640 members
- FlickrCentral 9,290,031 photos, 280,101 members
- **_ Deleitate La Pupila _** ( Crea tus RETOS, ¡Participa! ) 44,971 photos, 1,558 members
- Purple Spirit 573 photos, 404 members
- *SHARING ART*( POST 1,COMMENT 1) 1 upload per day 153,483 photos, 5,747 members
- mensaje para todos mis contactos / message to all my contacts 100 photos, 273 members
- * Top 20 Paintings * 14 photos, 538 members
- ART GALLERY PLATINUM FLICKR ELITE 2,163 photos, 215 members
- FLICKR ART GOLD STAR 1,907 photos, 163 members
- art lovers 53,177 photos, 1,757 members
- Los Muros Nos Hablan / Walls Speak To Us 13,314 photos, 527 members
- Photomino 12,015 photos, 381 members
- BIC 2,187 photos, 541 members
- Kunst und Natur ~ Invitation only (P1 - A2) 18,080 photos, 629 members
- World Museums 7,351 photos, 645 members
- StreetArt - PariS 109,476 photos, 2,422 members
- Los Angeles Street Art 31,921 photos, 1,644 members
- Castles - Castillos 104,327 photos, 10,993 members
- flore botanique 15,769 photos, 1,195 members
- Mart Museum 3,647 photos, 180 members
- Art competition mixed-media tech.6000€ award 3,035 photos, 289 members
typical power says:
"Eu confesso! Eu confesso!!!
No ínício eu não gostava muito do que via nas ruas, mas passou o tempo e tenho que TORNAR PÚBLICO O MEU APREÇO E ADMIRAÇÃO pelos "MURAIS FANTÁSTICOS" QUE VOCE(S) VEM FAZENDO!!!
Sim, não são graffiti, são pinturas "SENSACIONAIS" feitas por quem estudou e trampou muito! Faz tempo que eu gostaria de poder ligar e dizer isso pessoalmente! PARABÉNS, VOCES SÃO IMBATÍVEIS, MOTIVO DE ORGULHO PARA SÃO PAULO/BRASIL!!! Abraços!"
July 17th, 2008
- eduardo kobra - Pintor Muralista -
- November 2007
- são paulo
- são paulo, brasil
- I am:
- artista plástico